Movies you've seen recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most recent movie I watched was Miss Peregrine's School For Peculiar Children. It wasn't bad. Prior to that I watched Magnificent Seven, that was better than expected.

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
John Carter. Better, but also a whole lot bloodier, than I thought.

Trying to do the 31 Days of Horror challenge. I try every year but something always comes up. This time I plan to supplement with short films if I cannot fit a full length one.

Yesterday I watched the short film Cold Feet. It was shot very well. Unfortunately I couldn't hear most of what was said due to my poor speakers. It is open ended and lacks detail in what exactly is going on. I'd like to see more done with the story, I guess.

Today I re-watched The Grudge, but this time it was the Director's Cut. I didn't notice a difference from the theatrical release, but I have faith it was there. I love the franchise because it relies more on story and atmosphere than blood and gore. And its easy to sympathize with the ghosts.

Free Willy.

I saw it as a kid but nabbed the DVD from a thrift store recently. It's probably nostalgia glasses but I still liked the movie. Also, turns out it was a movie about insurance fraud the whole time. Never knew.
However, the kid randomly going "Hey we should free willy" and everyone just going along with it immediately with no hesitation was a little unbelievable. But, whatever, cool orca scenes.

I don't know if I can call it watched. I went to see Magnificent Seven, completely awake, excited during the beginning. Next thing I know I'm waking up at the credits. What I was awake to see I enjoyed.

The Notebook. But it's fine, I didn't need my heart. Or tear ducts.

The last movie I watched was Mrs. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I have read the first book and they didn't butcher it too bad. It was really fun because it was for my birthday ^.^

Re-watched Joy Ride today. I haven't touched that movie in years. Still gives me a lovely uncomfortable feeling that I expect of horror. I kind of wish they never showed the truck driver's face. The suspense would be much more intense toward the end if we didn't have any clues. Whoever did the voice of the trucker did a very good job. Its very distinct and chilling. Its a fairly simple horror plot, but a nice one for around this time of year. I hear the sequels are pretty bad, so I'll probably stay away from them.

Edit: I was going to mention I watched Don't Move as well. If you're looking for some Pan's Labyrinth-y sort of monster I highly recommend.

X-Men Apocalypse. It was all over the place for me. A few scenes I enjoyed, preferably with Quicksilver, the rest I want to push at the back of my mind.

Jeepers Creepers was the pick for today. It was my first time seeing the first one. It was okay for a creature feature. The end was just kind of meh. My sister watched it when it was in theaters way back when, so I expected more from it due to how freaked out she was over it. I'm beginning to think I can handle horror better than she can. Or maybe Asian horror has desensitized me.

Yesterday I re-watched See No Evil. I didn't like it when it came out. Then I saw it in a horror music video and I thought that maybe I'd try it again and have a change of heart. Turns out, no. Its still not good in my opinion. Its more gross than scary and under utilized Glenn Jacobs. That and non of the people you are supposed to be rooting for seem redeemable. Its pretty sad when the best part of the film is when the animal rights activist gets eaten by dogs. xD

Today I went back to the classic Halloween. The acting is really poor and the opening act is awkward, but I still like it overall. The lack of budget kind of gives it a little charm. It also gives me claustrophobic feelings even though I know who the killer is. That scene when he's standing behind the hedges continues to make me uneasy. Its one of few horror films that stands the test of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.