2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy,Historical, Romance, Modern, Modern-Fantasy, Libertine, Adventure , Disney and Sci-Fi
Remember Me
Se7en
Fallen
Seven Pounds
Focus
Book of Eli
Rose Red
10th Kingdom
Swordfish

Have you seen any movie where the ending is not what it seems? If so what is the title.Have you seen any of the above?

Reactions: OnI6470
The Mist. Anyone who has read the short story was expecting the ending that Stephen King gave us. What we got was a clusterfuck of heartache and disappointment.....

10 Cloverfield Lane.....I didn't see that coming at all.

Does anyone actually enjoy predictable films?

/serious question, I'd like to hear your reasoning

some people do lol but I mean like where the guy doesn't get the girl or the Villan wins

Hard to think of ones off the top of my head that specifically have twist endings but here I go:

The Number 23
Psycho
Donnie Darko
Audition
Hot Fuzz
House at the End of the Street

Remember Me
Se7en
Fallen
Seven Pounds
Focus
Book of Eli
Rose Red
10th Kingdom
Swordfish

Have you seen any movie where the ending is not what it seems? If so what is the title.Have you seen any of the above?

I love The Book of Eli, that twist had me shocked the first time I saw it. The ending of Se7en wasn't as shocking to me as the incident when ahem a certain person started coughing. Not sure how else to put that without spoiling it so I'll leave it at that.

• Love
Reactions: Dark_Psycho
I love The Book of Eli, that twist had me shocked the first time I saw it. The ending of Se7en wasn't as shocking to me as the incident when ahem a certain person started coughing. Not sure how else to put that without spoiling it so I'll leave it at that.

lol right

Reactions: Abnormalize
I would prefer that movies surprise me. But unfortunately most of the times it has so far it was due to silly reasons.

For example Civil War and Book of Eli
Ok, the ending itself wasn't a surprise. It was a surprise from seeing how the final fight went, and then seeing what happened afterwards.

It really looked like he killed Iron Man. But then in the next scene he's not only 100% fine, but completely cool with Cap? Really?
You just add a "Oh shit I just broke the thing keeping Tony Alive!" twist and then immediately drop it.

I'm fine with it being a religious movie, and I actually enjoyed the aspect of the Bible being weaponized.

But the "Surprise it's Braille!" bit and him remembering the whole damn thing word for word? That was a cop-out.

I liked the Worlds End though.

Yes. Some of my favourites would be:

Memento.
12 Monkeys.
Shutter Island.
The Drop.
Fight Club.

There's movies that have predictable plots, but does everything else right, or have very compelling characters. I don't think a story should aim to surprise just because, especially not if that diminishes another part of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Icy
I would prefer that movies surprise me. But unfortunately most of the times it has so far it was due to silly reasons.

For example Civil War and Book of Eli
Ok, the ending itself wasn't a surprise. It was a surprise from seeing how the final fight went, and then seeing what happened afterwards.

It really looked like he killed Iron Man. But then in the next scene he's not only 100% fine, but completely cool with Cap? Really?
You just add a "Oh shit I just broke the thing keeping Tony Alive!" twist and then immediately drop it.

I'm fine with it being a religious movie, and I actually enjoyed the aspect of the Bible being weaponized.

But the "Surprise it's Braille!" bit and him remembering the whole damn thing word for word? That was a cop-out.

I liked the Worlds End though.

I hope everyone saw The Book of Eli.

A clusterfuck that King himself liked more then his own.
Doesn't mean it wasn't heartbreaking and disappointing. :P

The Others.
The Sixth Sense.
Identity

These are three of my favorites. The only bad thing about the movies with super surprise endings is that you can't really enjoy them as much after the first time.

Goodnight Mommy. x__x That movie has so deeply disturbed me, and the twisted ending did not help.

I love it when movies actually surprise me. I end up predicting the twist of a lot movies well before the reveal and it kills some of the entertainment factor, so the ones that actually get me are great.

A few of my favorites that actually surprised me first time around are Saw, The Usual Suspects, and Memento.

One that totally fell flat for me because I predicted the twist was The Sixth Sense.

Oh, and for the sake of completeness, one I loved despite predicting the ending was Se7en.

Sometimes. Predictable action and comedy films can still be great if you're just looking for something fun to kill time rather than a fulfilling cinematic experience.

I love it when movies actually surprise me. I end up predicting the twist of a lot movies well before the reveal and it kills some of the entertainment factor, so the ones that actually get me are great.

A few of my favorites that actually surprised me first time around are Saw, The Usual Suspects, and Memento.

One that totally fell flat for me because I predicted the twist was The Sixth Sense.

Oh, and for the sake of completeness, one I loved despite predicting the ending was Se7en.

Sometimes. Predictable action and comedy films can still be great if you're just looking for something fun to kill time rather than a fulfilling cinematic experience.
the usual suspects was very good

@Gwazi Magnum

The thing is, the arc reactor actually doesn't keep Tony alive anymore. He's perfectly functional as a human being, now; at the end of Iron Man 3, he actually has the bit of shrapnel lodged in his chest removed through surgery and thus no longer needs the reactor as life support, prompting him to discard it. He now only ever uses one to power his suits, and that's it.

As for him being completely cool with Cap after the battle? Yeah, it may be a bit of a cop-out for the sake of making a unification between all members of the Avengers more easy; but then again, it could be argued that he was just really pissed off upon finding out he had kept the fact that Bucky had murdered his parents from him and ultimately didn't want to seriously hurt him otherwise. Cap wasn't even Tony's main target, as well; most of the time, he was very aggressively chasing after Bucky until Steve became too much of a nuisance for Tony to focus solely on the former.

Perfect Sisters completely wrecked me. I couldn't finish the movie in one sitting o_o

Detachment was simply amazing, I love Adrien Broody.

How I Live Now was a movie I watched after getting a bunch of 'em randomly online... and man I was not expecting any of that. It's a movie everyone should watch.

that one supposed to be a fantasy movie about a bridge, that existed only to break my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.