Movies that we watch when we feel like shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
Maybe it's a select few people who watch movies when something goes bad in their lives or they just need some chill out time to themselves. For me at least, a certain amount of movies help me get through rough spells.

Brother Bear is one of those movies I can watch that always puts things in perspective for me. Kind of helps me relate to other peoples problems when I'm going through spells of depression.

I get into Lord of the Rings when I am needing a place to really take myself away.

What about you?

I don't have any movies for that DX

But I do have a Video game that does that :D Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Play this game for even 15 or so minutes, and I am instantly calmed down :D

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Honestly for me that's almost any movie I regard as good.
I just need to something to watch that I enjoy to take my mind off of it.

Video Games are more picky, because due to the interactive part it's also adds the element of how much energy do I want to exhaust? So action games get a pass, while slow games like Civ 5 get a go ahead.

• Love
Any movie with Jason Statham, or anything with not much of a plot, and a lot of action. Helps me just zone out and let my brain slide into mush.

AKIRA, Blade Runner, and the Ghost in the Shell Films.

Because no matter how bad I have it, I'll probably never have it as bad as someone in those universes.

Plus they're just bitchin' films that make me feel awesome.

Lord of the Rings. All three movies in order.

Those films are tied up in some of my happiest memories, and it's such an immersive world that it's easy to just get lost in it for 9-11 hours or however long it takes my brain to reset

• Love
Rocky Horror Picture Show never fails to cheer me up.

Black Dynamite, or Hot Rod. Those two movies cheer me up in no time.

• Love
Usually just pop in Prototype or some other similar free roam game on new game+ and wreck my way across the innocents.

Otherwise it's Pacific Rim. 1080 movie sits in my tablets memory at all times with the fights bookmarked. Nothing gets me from flaccid to diamonds faster than that theme song and sweet little Asian ass.

• Love
Practical Magic.

Movie always makes me feel things.

• Love
Does One Piece count?
because it makes me laugh and on a bad day I desperately need to laugh

The Naked gun trilogy usually is pretty funny when i'm depressed

• Love
The Guyver: Dark Hero.

Because when I'm a little down or just want to feel good? nothing is better than watching a R-Rated Power Rangers Movie with mutant alien zoanoids getting shanked by a power ranger with Elbow blades.

• Love
INSERT ANY CHEESY COOKIE CUTTER ROMANTIC COMEDY HERE.

My go to movie right now is Inside Out. It makes me cry and then feel good about it afterwards; a lot of Pixar movies tend to do that, but this one especially so.

Princess Bride, Ladyhawke, Big Trouble in Little China & Aladdin are pretty much my "Too ill to think" movies of happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.