Movies that should have had a prequel/sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Usual Suspects! Not sure how I didn't think about this off the bat. A sequel to this movie to see where the villain goes after he drives off.

Honestly some of the movies you all are suggesting don't have prequels/sequels for reasons. It would ruin the original. Breakfast Club, Usual Suspects, Inception, and The Matrix are all examples of ones that should've been/need to be left alone <_<'

I would like more Kill Bill to be honest. It's been so long since I've seen them, but if memory serves, another installment would not have been terrible at all.

@Penny Dreadful Fuck yeah, Waterworld!

>____> WHERE THE HELL IS THE NEXT GOLDEN COMPASS MOVIE? WHERE. THE. HELL.

Honestly some of the movies you all are suggesting don't have prequels/sequels for reasons. It would ruin the original. Breakfast Club, Usual Suspects, Inception, and The Matrix are all examples of ones that should've been/need to be left alone <_<'

I would like more Kill Bill to be honest. It's been so long since I've seen them, but if memory serves, another installment would not have been terrible at all.
breakfast club has a sequel?

Please give me a Big Hero 6 2. I just watched it today and it filled me with childish glee. IT was prolly the best pixar/disney movie in fucking forever. made frozen look like crap.

Please explain why you think The Usual Suspects, the original movie, would be ruined by having a sequel? Could you provide some reason or rational as to why the story or impact of certain plot elements would be lessened or spoiled if there was a sequel? The plot of the first wrapped up quite nicely and thus I don't see how it would be damaged by the open ended story, continuing on.

Also, why would having a Kill Bill 3 be more acceptable to you as opposed to the suggestions that other people have made?

Please give me a Big Hero 6 2. I just watched it today and it filled me with childish glee. IT was prolly the best pixar/disney movie in fucking forever. made frozen look like crap.
they only wanted the sequel! not the 62nd film in the series!

PUN PUN PUN PUN

D: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *wheze* CK YOUUUUUUUUUUu

Pssshhh, well, let's see. Someone here said Serenity, so I'll agree with that. A Hook prequel would be pretty great, but unfortunately, we won't get any young Robin William any time soon without s00per 420high l33t-tech CGI. I hope that Evangelion never dies. Ooh, oh! Stardust!

Obligatory sarcasm: M. Night Syamalan's "The Last Airbender" was so awesome it deserves a sequel.

Please explain why you think The Usual Suspects, the original movie, would be ruined by having a sequel? Could you provide some reason or rational as to why the story or impact of certain plot elements would be lessened or spoiled if there was a sequel? The plot of the first wrapped up quite nicely and thus I don't see how it would be damaged by the open ended story, continuing on.

Also, why would having a Kill Bill 3 be more acceptable to you as opposed to the suggestions that other people have made?
To me, the story is improved by being open ended and lack of answers in how it ends. The questions it leaves you with are a big piece of the impact for me, and it lets you think about how it ends in your own way. It's a personal opinion, and I have no interest in debating it.

I don't really get your second question to be honest, it's not 'more acceptable'. One person may want Breakfast Club to have a sequel, that's fine and acceptable, but I would hate it. It's opinions, not a matter of what's acceptable and what's not.

Mama Mia. We never found out who the baby dada was. It's Bill.

Also, Titanic. Still waiting on the man-on-iceberg showdown that 10-year old choi's mind promised 10-year old choi.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: E.T.
Lord of the Rings series:

The Silmarillion.

Make it happen, please.

Make it a miniseries of Interesting stories from it! (i.e.: Beren and Luthien, Creation, Turin Turanbar.)

To me, the story is improved by being open ended and lack of answers in how it ends. The questions it leaves you with are a big piece of the impact for me, and it lets you think about how it ends in your own way. It's a personal opinion, and I have no interest in debating it.

I don't really get your second question to be honest, it's not 'more acceptable'. One person may want Breakfast Club to have a sequel, that's fine and acceptable, but I would hate it. It's opinions, not a matter of what's acceptable and what's not.
I only ask because you took the time to mention that what some people wanted wasn't ok. So, since you offered your opinion on the matter, I thought it only fair to ask you why you felt the way you did. This extends to the second part of my question because you said some things shouldn't be touched, while another thing should be. If you're not interested in debating that, I guess that's all well and good; but by that same right, if you are going to mention specific movie suggestions made by other users, the opportunity for discussion should be open.

But again, if you don't want to discuss the points you've brought up, that's fine.

I only ask because you took the time to mention that what some people wanted wasn't ok. So, since you offered your opinion on the matter, I thought it only fair to ask you why you felt the way you did. This extends to the second part of my question because you said some things shouldn't be touched, while another thing should be. If you're not interested in debating that, I guess that's all well and good; but by that same right, if you are going to mention specific movie suggestions made by other users, the opportunity for discussion should be open.

But again, if you don't want to discuss the points you've brought up, that's fine.
I actually didn't mean to grab specific ones mentioned by users, I thought all my mentioned movies were from my mind and not the thread. My mistake ^^

I actually didn't mean to grab specific ones mentioned by users, I thought all my mentioned movies were from my mind and not the thread. My mistake ^^
Ah alright, not a worry then.

Status
Not open for further replies.