Movies that have aged well

Hmm.... A Fistful of Dollars. Yeah, the blood is really cheesy and clearly ketchup, but I feel that just adds to the old nostalgic appeal.

Reactions: Atlas Child
I can agree with Aliens and the Original Star Wars.
I haven't seen Starship Troopers though so I can't say for that.

I would like to add in Karate Kid, Planet of the Apes & Star Trek Wrath of Khan though, those are classics.
There are other movies I also want to add in, like Batman 1989. But it's been too long since I last saw it that my impression of it could be fogged by younger/lower standards.

Last edited:
Would Gladiator count? 15 years now...

Reactions: Cpt Toellner
The first Men in Black!

I think so anyway. It's corny, but the special effects are spot on, and it's SUPPOSED to be corny. It doesn't take itself so seriously that you can compare it to more gritty man vs alien movies. In my opinion, it's even better than the more recent installments in the series.

The first Men in Black!

I think so anyway. It's corny, but the special effects are spot on, and it's SUPPOSED to be corny. It doesn't take itself so seriously that you can compare it to more gritty man vs alien movies. In my opinion, it's even better than the more recent installments in the series.
I second this /\

The Original Star Wars.
The Princess Bride
Death on the Nile
The Indiana Jones movies (CRYSTAL SKULL NEVER HAPPENED)
Aliens 1 and 2
Tombstone
Office Space
The Thing (1982)
A Christmas Story (still good on christmas)

So yeah, I agree with a lot of the movies already said. I tried to think of movies made before 2000 that i'd happily watch again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Secret of Nihm
The Land Before Time (Before it was turned into a musical.)
The Prince of Egypt, despite that one terrible CG scene of the original o.e
The Iron Giant (You know, if you cut out that very end scene. >_> )

Throw in all the 2D Disney's and Early Pixar films as well.

…And really, this was all I watched for a really long time. I was not a movie kid (excluding The Lion King). Instead of being plopped down in front of movies or TV shows, my dad showed me how to use a controller and that was my babysitter >.>

The Prince of Egypt, despite that one terrible CG scene of the original o.e
Which scene? I remember some CG but can't think of any I would classify as terrible :o What have I missed?

Which scene? I remember some CG but can't think of any I would classify as terrible :o What have I missed?
In the original VHS version, when the basket is flowing down the river, the boats, basket, and I think maybe the water was all CG, up until he drifts to safety. Maybe it just looks terrible because it's right in contrast to PoE's stellar animation? In the re-releases, it's been touched up and smoothed out so it's not nearly as bad, but it was pretty terrible to start.

In the original VHS version, when the basket is flowing down the river, the boats, basket, and I think maybe the water was all CG, up until he drifts to safety. In the re-releases, it's been touched up and smoothed out so it's not nearly as bad, but it was pretty terrible to start.
Oooh, that scene. Yeah, it was pretty bad... But the song was really good so it made up for it xD haha

oz.jpg

First two movies which popped in my mind were "The Fifth Element" and the first "Hellraiser" both seem to have aged incredibly well. Though some of Hellraisers effects are a bit dated, the models and makeup used in the movie were (and are) excellent.

That and "Demolition Man" and "The Running Man" both, despite being hokey and cheesy, also seem to have aged well.
...while I'm thinking about it "2001: A Space Odyssey" (obviously).

Reactions: Peter Feels