Movie Quotes

S

Sir Basil

Original poster

Movie Quotes!

C'mon, everybody has a a favorite movie. And a movie quote that just sticks in the head too. Everything from 'Hasta La Vista' to, 'Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn.' So tell me, what's your favourite movie quote?

My personal favourites are:

[Antonius Block lets Death choose which chess pieces to play]
Antonius Block: You drew black.
Death: Appropriate, don't you think?

-- From the Seventh Seal
Tyler: Where'd you go, psycho boy?
Narrator:I felt like destroying something beautiful.

- From Fight Club

I've not seen it nearly often enough to be able to quote it myself, but I adore this:

V: On this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona.
V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
[carves "V" into poster on wall]
V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
V: [giggles]
V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

"Burn It" - William Wallace played by Mel Gibson, Braveheart.

"The dead know only one thing: It is better to be alive."
Private Joker played by Matthew Modine, Full metal jacket.

"We just put Sir Isac Newton in the Drivers seat."
Jim Lovell played by Tom Hanks, Apollo 13.

My signature. Possibly the most beautiful parting words ever spoken by an antagonist in a film, delivered with such heart and brilliance by the actor.

"We are now up against live, hostile targets. So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch."

Sergeant Harry Wells, Dog Soldiers

I always liked Westley explaining "To the pain" with his non-dual with Humperdink. But for one liners: "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!"

"Heh. What took you?" Connor MacLead in Highlander. :D

"Aaaaass yoooou wiiiiiiish...!" from Princess Bride. XD

"Do you like my nails?" - Miss Noxema Jackson from "Too Wong Foo, Thanks for everything. Julie Newmar."

"Thank you, you useless reptile"
"Thank you for summing that up"
"You just gestured to all of me"
All by Hiccup from "How to Train your Dragon"

"Yippie ki-yay, motherfuckers."

You all know what that's from. I hope.

Oh, another favourite... From a movie called Dorkness Rising:

"Hide behind the mountain of dead bards!"

MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA! YOU KILLED MY FATHER! PREPARE TO DIE!

...anyone want a peanut?

I've not seen it nearly often enough to be able to quote it myself, but I adore this:

V: On this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona.
V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
[carves "V" into poster on wall]
V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
V: [giggles]
V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Evey: Are you, like... a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

EDIT: Here's another goodie from Fight Club:
Tyler: Our fathers were our models for God; if our fathers failed, what does that tell you about God? You have to consider the possibility that GOD DOES NOT LIKE YOU. He never wanted you; in all probability, He hates you! This is not the worst thing that can happen. WE DON'T NEED HIM. Fuck, damnation, man! Fuck redemption! We are God's unwanted children? SO BE IT.

Don't know if it appeared in the movie, but I know it's in the book

The Wizard Of Oz: "It seems to me that a body is only a machine for brains to direct, and those who have no brains themselves are liable to be directed by the brains of others"

Yes. Favorite quote of all time. It's quite true, even today.