Movie Adaptation

K

Kitti

What video game or book do you think would be great with a movie adaptation (if we assume that the adaptation is well-done, etc.)?

Do you have any dream directors, actors, etc. for it?​

OKAMI

I WANT MORE DOG MOVIES PLS

Reactions: Kitti
I wanna see Mirror's Edge: Catalyst done as a movie or show... and apparently this is happening? Though I'm not holding my breath *lol*

Books... Ugh. Anything by Mary Stewart - she is the female Hitchcock, and her books are MADE to be movies... But nothing crappy like the horrrrrrrrrrible Disney adaptation of Moonspinners (grr).

Reactions: Kitti
The Hunchback of Notre Dame has already been made into a movie obviously but a live-action remake that isn't silent would be nice :)

The House of Night book series would be great as a series of movies too :D I hope.

Debbie Macomber did a series of books set in Alaska They'd be fabulous movies. No actor preferences, and it might actually be nice if they weren't famous, but just looked like ordinary rugged types.

The Bartimaeus series could be fun in movie form. Maybe they could spin it so that I actually like Kitty. lol

Dragon Age. And I want it done like Xena so that you have those soul crushing serious moments and cheese rolled up into one show/movie. There's certain things I miss about the '90s. lol

iloveuselessknowledge_2014-11-21_10-28-52.jpg

Reactions: Razilin
Bloodborne.

We need a good Lovecraftian movie. Also that Hunter swag, monster gore, and most importantly mind-boggling lore/story would be awesome to see in film. I've heard Del Toro's good at horror, respectable horror, but not sure how he'd handle the action bits...

The Tryell series, although I hope they'd be smart and change the ending.

I really want someone to make a good Lovecraftian movie. A lot of the stories are impossible to adapt, but I would really like to see something with the feel of Bloodborne in movie form. (。T ω T。)

Reactions: An Otaku
who here wants to see an adaptation of a mecha manga/anime series?

oh wait

its called pacific rim

who here wants to see an adaptation of a mecha manga/anime series?

oh wait

its called pacific rim

Pacific Rim was awful. The concept and potential it had was amazing, and then they butchered it. I haven't been that disappointed with a movie in ages, honestly. (#`Д´)

Pacific Rim was awful. The concept and potential it had was amazing, and then they butchered it. I haven't been that disappointed with a movie in ages, honestly. (#`Д´)

I heartily loved it

most awesome dumb movie ever

or dumbest awesome movie ever

I cried as my inner 7 year old rejoiced that I was watching all my mecha shows and giant monster movies getting put together in a wonderfully hammy piece of entertainment

I'm waiting for a Pacific Rim II in the hope that they start combining mecha

because escalation, yo

I heartily loved it

most awesome dumb movie ever

or dumbest awesome movie ever

I cried as my inner 7 year old rejoiced that I was watching all my mecha shows and giant monster movies getting put together in a wonderfully hammy piece of entertainment

I'm waiting for a Pacific Rim II in the hope that they start combining mecha

because escalation, yo

I'm super big on mechas and kaiju, so I was super duper excited about watching it as well, but overall it was a big disappointment for me.
(T▽T) If they do make another, I can only pray they do it better.
Though sequels aren't known to be good, but I can dream

An Overwatch movie might have the potential to be good in a Captain America: Civil War meets the Incredibles sorta way. Naturally, the Russo Bros. would be a dream pick to direct.

Or a good Deus Ex adaptation to make up for how horrible Ghost in the Shell was.

The Wind on Fire series. I absolutely love the trilogy <3

Same with the Triskellion trilogy.

They'd both be cool even as animations.

Wondla series. I'm still reading it, but it's got illustrations at the beginnings of each chapter in an anime/manga style, leading me to think an anime adaptation of the series would be perfect. It's also got some very creative creatures and world-building. Somehow I think live action would actually do the books a disservice.

I'd say my books, but I haven't actually finished any of them yet. I keep hearing stuff about Zelda getting a TV series on Netflix which sounds awesome, but don't know if they're doing it. If they did, though, then I think they should try to keep to the formula of the games as much as possible (ie: don't do what they did in the 80s, where Link was a petulant little asshole who never shut up).

- Animorphs. We even have the technology now. It could be so awesome.

- Shadow Hearts (PS2 game). This one could work if it was more "based on" the game than a direct adaptation. Otherwise it might hit that "too anime-y to take seriously" point live action anime can sometimes become. Really though it could go either way, comedy or totally serious. I just want that Roger Bacon plot twist in a movie (or tv series) though. That was brain breaking.

- USER is a 3 book comic published by Vertigo that probably nobody knows about but I think it'd make an interesting independent film. It's about a woman who rps online as a dude and falls in love with her rp partner, who ends up being a small boy. Her rl life is a shitfest and she runs away to meet her lover and watatwist!. It's probably something that wouldn't be so surprising now, but when the comic came out (2001), it was still kind of unexpected.

- Sword of Truth book series abridged into a movie would be neat. Maybe anger a lot of fans but I think this one, again, would be better as an interpretation rather than straight adaptation.

- Constantine / Hellblazer. It already exists but I'd love another one anyway.

- Arkham Knight. Specifically, the Professor Pyg storyline. I really really really want a psychological horror movie that just happens to have Batman in it (maybe). I want the movie to focus on Professor Pyg and his victims. I want it to be a horror movie first and Batman movie last.

EDIT:

- DRAMA CON. An English manga that would be cute as a movie or TV series. With how popular cosplay and nerd culture has become, I think the story would resonate with a lot of people.

Last edited:
East of Eden by John Steinbeck should get a major motion picture with A list actors. it would be AMAZING. There was a movie made of it in the 70s? or late 60s maybe. It was beyond terrible and left out many major elements (including characters > <) from the book.