Mouseover text for colours?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Adore Delano, May 24, 2014.

1. Hello there, I have a problem!

I am partially colourblind, meaning I have trouble seeing any difference between certain colours (such as blue and purple). Now, it might not seem as that big of an issue, because if I can't see the difference then what's the point of knowing what colour it is in the first place, right? Well, it becomes a problem because when I want to colour my text, for example to give the reader a certain feeling, I don't know if I'm choosing the right colour or not, which can lead to my text not having the right impact or feeling that I want to convey. As such, my suggestion is to add mouse-over text for the colour palette, describing the different tones and nuanses.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope I'm not being too much of a bother ^^
    • Like Like x 2
  2. That is a fun suggestion, but I am afraid that is a little bit complicated to add directly in to the system. O__O

But maybe an industrious member can create a neat color-page for us with colornames/codes with mood descriptions for colors. That'd be a neat project and resource!
    • Thank Thank x 1
  3. Ooh, something like this

would be immensely helpful!
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Another thing you could do is use the code. If you look at it in the Rich Text Editor, it is pretty complicated, but it can be simplified pretty easily.

[color=color name] Text here [/color] 
    It is a bit more typing, but you don't need to know the hex code for whatever color you are looking for. All you need to do is pick one of the names that Iwaku recognizes as a color. Most of the common ones you would use for mood setting can be found this way. Although there might need to be a little bit of trial and error, to see whether Iwaku knows it or not.

so, [color = cyan] If you did this [/color] without any spaces You get this.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. :DDD I laughed for 5 minutes straight... jesus.