'Motley' Doesn't Even Begin to Describe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank just rocked back on his heels. "I don't need friends. Don't go getting all sappy on me." He snatched the papers up, stowing them away. "But you can stay here." A hard, cautious look had returned to his eyes.​

Judging by the female's nervous look... She didn't seem to share Timothy's philosophy. To this girl, people were bad. All of them.. With the exception of Timothy, and maybe this strange man. They hurt people, stole, were selfish and foolish... And most of all...

They always hurt her. Be it physically, or emotionally. That much wasn't hard to tell, based even on the scars she was covered in.

IMG_9223ee2-wlsmall.jpg

Of course, she didn't exactly voice that.. And was too scared to even make further comment to Frank on the matter of friendships. Instead, she just muttered a soft, nervous response. "Y-yes, sir."

Tim shuffled back inside, shutting the window and turning to Frank."Ok, got it Mr.Bulge." Tim snorted practically as he laid back down on the floor and took out his blanky."We'll leave before the afternoon tomorrow." he said, looking at Wes as if to add her in before he turned to his side."I get the floor--You sleep on the bed." he ordered to Wes like a bossy-child, his finger waving around the bed before he laid there."Goodnight mr.Bulge!~" He snickered mischievously ready to dose off to sleep. It seemed like Tim would have to explore this neighborhood thoroughly to arrange his plans for tomorrow. Though, word went around that the 'most popular teenaged magician' would come around for a show. Not in this neighborhood, but this city. From what Tim gathered--He seemed to make plans to be on a short break or hiatus and decided to settle here. But he didn't know for sure and Tim gave into sleep after a few sleepy blinks of his eyes. He couldn't fight it anymore really.

c9be62

What Frank said, bothered Tim as he was beginning to sleep."Oh hush--Thats a compliment. You should embrace it." the male whined back, with the tone of his voice it was apparent that he was most likely pouting to himself while he covered his face with his arms and blanky."Or learn how to tolerate it.." Snickered Tim to himself.

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
"..."

While Frank and Timothy both konked right out.. Wes could hardly even close her eyes. There was no way she could sleep here.. And she knew it. She actually, after the pair were both asleep, got up and tiptoed for the door, fully intending to run off and back to her place on the streets.. But couldn't. She couldn't leave Timothy unprotected. So, instead, she sighed heavily and reluctantly moved back into the bedroom.. Where she dug through her pack of things as quietly as possible..

And produced a USP .45, before trying to sneak out the door and sit outside after stowing it in her jacket.

Oddly enough, she actually felt safer outside than she did inside. Maybe it was because all of the torture, beatings, abuse, and experiments that had been performed on her had all occurred inside.. And while buildings had limited space, the outdoors were endless. And.. Freeing.

So, she simply walked around the house a majority of the night, as though on the patrol for trouble.. Before she eventually ended up sitting against the house, watching the door quietly. The place had her vigilant watch for the night.​

"..."

While Frank and Timothy both konked right out.. Wes could hardly even close her eyes. There was no way she could sleep here.. And she knew it. She actually, after the pair were both asleep, got up and tiptoed for the door, fully intending to run off and back to her place on the streets.. But couldn't. She couldn't leave Timothy unprotected. So, instead, she sighed heavily and reluctantly moved back into the bedroom.. Where she dug through her pack of things as quietly as possible..

And produced a USP .45, before trying to sneak out the door and sit outside after stowing it in her jacket.

Oddly enough, she actually felt safer outside than she did inside. Maybe it was because all of the torture, beatings, abuse, and experiments that had been performed on her had all occurred inside.. And while buildings had limited space, the outdoors were endless. And.. Freeing.

So, she simply walked around the house a majority of the night, as though on the patrol for trouble.. Before she eventually ended up sitting against the house, watching the door quietly. The place had her vigilant watch for the night.​

Wes would find the night very uneventful. She heard some cursing in the disgrace, maybe some gunshots far away, but this seemed like an okay neighborhood.

Early the next morning, at about 5:30 A.M., Frank was awake and making breakfast.​

This.. Earned a deep frown. And, if Wes weren't so hellbent on making sure everything was okay at the house, the girl would've gone to investigate. Maybe even kill whoever it ws firing the guns. She actually started to get up to go investigate... But made herself turn around.

Despite staying near the house.. Wes didn't intend to go back inside. Although, admittedly, she finally crashed around 4:40.​

She would quickly find Frank quietly nudging her with his boot. "... You alright? It's cold out here..."​

This... Was a horrible idea. The girl had already been tossing and turning slightly, and apparently, being nudged awake from a nightmare in a place you were unused to by someone you'd only seen for maybe five minutes before blacking out in a DID episode.... Wasn't a good start to the morning. The girl jolted awake abruptly, gun drawn and aimed at Frank within seconds, a look of sheer terror across her face. "What the--" Before she could even finish the alarmed exclamation, she seemed to put it together.. And she quickly stowed the gun away. "...Jesus. Don't ever do that again, please.." she muttered, softly. Aw.. Why didn't we just shoot him? Yeah! That would've been fun!

"..I'm.. Alright, yeah.." Judging by how quietly she spoke, and the way she couldn't seem to make eye contact.. She was probably pretty damn timid. "I'm used to the cold, anyways," she assured. The comment itself, from even the power of suggestion, did manage to make her feel a little colder. Stupid brain. "I, uhh..- Th-thank you, though."

Is that something normal people say? Hmph. I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

Frank's answer to the gun was to watch her, more or less unfazed. He barely reacted at all, seeming to know it was a twitch sort of thing. "Come inside. Food." His laconic statement was immediately followed up by the man walking inside. "Oh... and... I'm James. James Rook." The often used alias of his would have to do. Frank Castle itself was an alias, but the likelihood of him telling anyone that was practically nonexistent.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
The girl didn't look too eager.. And was quite obviously extremely nervous and hesitant. His request seemed to make her more nervous. "No, uhh.. I really can't," she replied, sheepishly. She took a moment to try to figure out some sort of excuse as to why this was, but she was so tired, which made it so difficult to think.. She considered saying he'd done enough already, but.. Honestly, the only thing Wes remembered was Timothy trying to get her to agree to stay with him. Maybe that was why she was so terrified to wake up here; she didn't remember getting there, or what had happened, or even where Tim was. "I.. Should be getting going, anyways.."

"Uh.. Nice to meet you, James."

...Is that something people say, too? I hope not. Sounds pathetic.. And gross. Nasty. Sound like something a nastyyyy bitch would say. Haha, yeah! Preach it!

Her next question was... Well, hard to get out. She really didn't want to give away that she remembered nothing. "..Is.. Tim here?"​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
[spoili][/spoili]
It was really early in the morning, and Zatanna had woken up from sleep to rise out of bed. She sat at the edge, rubbing her eyes as she began to stretch afterwards--Releasing a groan."Urggggh!" Was what came out of her mouth and she checked the time."Ok maybe not to bad." She uttered as she hopped out of bed--looking at herself in the mirror. Barely wore anything but under garments and she sighed heavily."Jesus christ... Magic would be really great for right now." the woman said, scurrying off into the bathroom. She never knew how dependent she was with magic ever since she lost them in battle against her arch enemy really, and thus this was her consequence for saving the world. Seriously. Her, the amazing woman titled the 'Mistress of Magic' had fallen and became a downright petty and plain human all over. But she's been like this for a few years and although it was a living hell -worse than dealing with supernatural conflicts surprisingly in Zatanna's opinion-, She grew accustomed to accepting the fact that there was nothing she could do about it.

As she got ready--A slow process it was for women, especially a human with no mystic abilities--Zatanna was now in the process of getting dressed. She hopped across the halls in one leg as she was placing her heels on."Ugh! Zach!" She called for him in annoyance, Falling into his room which apparently was cracked open."ZACH!" She shouted frustrated, raising her head up before finding his room empty -and messy-. The female rolled his eyes--Where the hell would he even be!? He never wakes up this early! Better yet--Where would he even go off to this early!? And if he were leaving earlier than her--A notification would've been kind too! The girl ruffled her own hair."I.. am going to kill him. Even if i'm a plain mortal." She uttered to herself.

"That kid's got a matinee at 8:00! If he's not here--Where!?" she bitterly hissed. It was way to early for her to be playing 'Wheres Waldo' with Zachary. So as Zatanna placed her other heel on, she quickly walked down the stairs to get into her car and drive at where the matinee would take place at. He probably wasn't going to be there--Zachary was always bad with timing lately. When you're up this early--The streets were barely filled with cars. When she arrived at the theatre, She saw him. Her little, baby, bratty cousin.

"..And now! For my next trick--I will attempt to make this boy here--His name? Tibbers--Disappear!" Grinned Zachary as he was rehearsing. " I can't believe it.. " Uttered Zatanna from afar. "The kid is actually up this early, here on time, and rehearsing cooperatively." She said with amazement. Zachary was a brat--He often complained and did things his way. Was he deceiving her? "Really boys--I don't see why I have to actually make Tibs disappear." The teen magician looked to the side, that grin looking like a grin of hidden annoyance."Clearly--I'm not my cousin. Or at least--What she used to be. I can't affect large and complex living beings.--I don't see the problem in making a trap underneath the stupid tiger and timing it to have it drop safely under stage." Snapped the male. "Okay.. back to reality." Huffed Zatanna as she stormed up to stage.

"ZACHARY ZATARA!" She shouted angrily. Zachary held up a cocky grin as he held the blue cover, opening his arms wide."Sis! Pleasure seeing you like this as always!" He sarcastically said, dropping the cover."Somebody--Clean--" The male waved around the area of the stage."This." He ordered bossily as he walked away from Zatanna backstage."Hey--I'm Talking to you!" She argued."Well duh--Who else is." snorted Zachary as she followed him to his room. He sat in his seat, propping himself up as he clapped his hands together, and sat back."Now--Continue. I'll be actually listening." He chuckled."Let the roasting session begin!" Zachary humorusly declared. Pretty clever he thought to himself nodding to himself in triumph.

As his older cousin began yelling at him for disappearing without a word and such and being rude to his workers--and blah blah, Zachary sat there in silence. In truth he didn't get sleep at all last night--But thankfully he looked normal -for now-. In fact, last night he was personally training his mystic skills and combat skills. Various spells--and spent most of the time reading. Trying to find a way to steal back Zatanna's power and give it back to her. It only felt right that he should do it--Seeing as John Zatara believed that it was impossible and if it was possible--It would be frankly suicide. The male read all about Scarlet and asked around about her--He had some little detail and took note of--even kept physical forms. Like newspapers and such. Zatanna never actually explained to him in detail about the battle so he was left to ask. But not much opened up to him without a price or at all for that matter.

"Now--Do you have anything to say?" She asked, tapping her left foot. Zachary got up, and went to the corner of the room--searching for something."Yes." he said politely."I thought you deserved a day of no stress from me. But I guess whatever kind act I do will always give you stress." He chuckled."I was hoping you'd just give up on me and rest at home really. Even left a note on my door. I got this." He shrugged--Grabbing a large red cloak and walking towards his cousin."Oh--and your outfit. Seems like someone was to busy paying attention to me and not herself." Zatanna was wide eyed in surprise. So Zachary was actually doing something kind for her for a day? So that was his intention--But Zatanna was to blinded to see. She was thinking to hard. She then looked down. Yikes....

Her shirt was backwards, she wore her pencil skirt inside out, her heels were different colors, she was a mess neck down. As Zachary held the cloth in front of her, up to her head he chanted a spell."Egnahc reh ecnaraeppa ot ssenisub eritta." He uttered, quickly dropping the cloth as it slipped from his fingers."You're welcome." He smirked."Sorry." She uttered with a awkward grin."Yep." he responded. "Seriously thanks and sorry." She said awkwardly as Zachary placed his hands in his pockets and raised his shoulders to a shrug."You're always so selfless--You need to learn how to be a little more selfish Zee." He stated."I to you--Except the opposite." She smirked back."Not in a million years will I be selfless in your level." He scoffed.

Tim pinched his eyebrows as he turned to his side, trying to avoid the sunlight which punched through the window and hit his face. He was sleeping right under the window--and yet the sun was still bothering him."Oh my fucking god are you kidding right now." He uttered, placing the torn and tattered blanket over his head in attempt to block out the sun. But since his blanket was particularly bright colored also--it didn't help to much."Jesus fucking christ--stupid fucking sun." He cursed, throwing himself off to the shady side of the floor. However he then heard a few noises from the kitchen and rolled to his stomach, blanket over his head as he got curious and sniffed. He smelled food. And it particularly smelled good."Totally not gonna fall for it--Every time I do, its always disgusting food I wake up to." He retorted to himself as he curled up in the closet. Then he raised his upper body up with his arms. Was Wes up already?

"Mira?" no response. "Dopey?" He called to her other personality, yet no response. "Wes?" he called. None. But he did hear Frank talking to someone, and the male stretched Cattily as he gathered his things. Seemed like Wes left without him."Mm, interesting." He shrugged as he placed his bag over his back and walked out the room. But then he stopped, and looked at the window."Bah--Not now. I'm hungry." He shrugged, skipping the part where he often snuck out through the window. It was only then that he saw Wes."Oh, hey. I was worried about you." He greeted, barely any concern. It was an obvious lie but hard to tell with his tone blank as he rubbed his eyes before looking over at Frank."Whatcha cooking?" he asked immediately as if food would be given to him too. Barely any formal morning greeting. Barely asking if he was allowed to have food. Just--He asked as if he was being immediately catered to. Bad manners in a way.. Well--in every way.

Tim looked at the food--wide eyed."Whoaaa! You can cook too? And pretty." He uttered, hands on his cheeks in amazement. It was almost as if he was sparkling with delight/amazement."I hope the food is good though, big guy! Mr. Bulge I mean! Then that'll really be a bonus!" He exclaimed--nearly drooling. He nicknamed him after his bulge as a joke--And about now pretty much used it to bother Frank. But it was only temporary--He truly was like a immature 10 year old.

Frank scowled at Tim. "I don't care if you like it or not." Living on his own as long as he had, cooking was something he was fairly good at, though he always kept it simple and healthy. The exception here was him making the two various good-looking, and smelling, breakfast foods.​

Wes.. Didn't go back inside. She seemed to ignore Timothy calling to her... And promptly took off running. Tim seemed safe enough, so she didn't have much concern.​

Tim glared at him childishly."Fine." He hissed before muttering like a brat."I don't care... nah meh neh...." was what he muttered before foolishly imitating Frank."I'm grumpy...and nice.. but mostly grumpy..and I don't care if you like my cooking." He scrunched up his face momentarily as he looked at Frank before staring back down at the breakfast plate. "Oh wait no--" He uttered before taking deep breath in to make his appearance seem more larger. He attempted to flex, but he simply wasn't even masculine enough."I'm big guy... Handsome.. Tall.. Brooding..--- I don't care." he abruptly said 'I don't care' really quickly and attempted to do a really deep and masculine voice before he blurted out laughing to himself slightly as he grabbed a fork and ate. "Do you have ice cream?" He uttered before staring back down at his food and up at Frank."No, never mind. I'll eat it.--GRUMPY, THIS IS FRIGGIN' DELICIOUS!" He yelled as he looked over at where Wes had run off."Mmmm.. Wessie or yummy breakfast.." He said to himself with a mouthful before he nearly began to scruff up his food as fast as he can--Nearly choking between bites. He barely chewed.

c9be62

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
Frank watched her run off through the doorway, but didn't go after her. She'd be back for her friend eventually. "My name isn't Grumpy. It's James." His scowl moved back to Tim. Hard, blue eyes almost seemed to be sizing the boy up.​

Tim merely sulked at the man as he ate--Slowing down his pace."James...?" He repeated questionably. Tim only didn't buy it because of yesterday--If his name was James and he was telling him that now, Why did he cross off such a simple and plain name on the news paper? But then again, maybe it was a last name."Whatever, i'll buy it." He said to Frank in response before he stuffed his mouth again."Its pretty early for me to leave. Only saying that--Because theres no fun for me this early in the morning." stated Tim."But i'll go soon." He promised, taking one last bite of his food as his plate was clean--Not even a crumb on it. The male stood and placed it on the sink before eyeing Wes' plate."Seeing as she's not here--Seconds wouldn't hurt." He shrugged making his way to her plate but then staring down at it debatably. "Can't tell if i'm full or want seconds though.." He stated--shifting around to look at something else."Well what should or.. Could I even do?" He said asking no one in particular before looking at Frank."Hey what do you even do on early mornings like these?" He asked cluelessly.

c9be62

[spoili]
Olivia%20Wilde%20lehhy%20in%20black%20dress-03.jpg
[/spoili]
Zatanna was now at work, in the office. It was somewhat boring--She didn't have anything to talk about."Being a short time vigilante in the past really sucked.." She uttered, only because now she didn't have her 'vigilante' and 'costumed' friends to talk about. Lately things had been pretty dead. Not much had happened besides that fight involving Spiderman--and some 'murders' involving some guy... Then a thief who was skilled at stealing everything and forging.. They weren't exhilarating enough for her to catch on camera or to talk about. The woman rolled her eyes, beginning to tap her nails against her laptop quietly as a male coworker came by."Hey Zee." He chuckled, standing around her area. Oh great.... She thought, looking up at her coworker and grinning."Hello." she responded back. She would kill to be the mistress of magic again. Being a journalist was more so a part time job--She only appeared when she needed cameras to talk about something big. Or she only appeared on tv when the news wanted higher views and such. Everybody pays attention to the worthy Zatanna--Even if she was now a simple Human being.

As the male babbled on, Zatanna was watching tv which was hung up on the ceiling. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Well whats to expect--It was still really early in the morning. Not to mention, she was barely in the office--She was often blogging at home and yet still considered a journalist. "For gods sake.. I consider myself more of a photojournalist.." She whispered to herself while the guy babbled on about his night with some girl. And a really good one at that. She caught sightings of vigilantes in pictures, glimpses, and was in the actual area herself. Zatanna decided she had enough and stood."Sorry--Talk and walk?" She suggested, walking around the area and snooping around other people's things. There were so few here right now but it usually became really hectic at around 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank got very quiet when asked what he did. He spoke up a while later. "Nothing. Maybe watch the news, or read. I'm... retired."​

"Watch the news... Read...?" Tim repeated to himself as he looked over at the living room and plumped himself on the couch."Ok--so.. You just sit here.." He guided himself to see what the life of being retired was like--Or what 'James' life was like as a retired man. He reached over for the remote, flicking through the channels and eventually it hit the news."And you watch this--and..." The male's head flicked side to side like a cat, looking for something to read. He couldn't but sat back and pretended to read the newspaper before staring up at the screen."This..Like this?" He asked."Doesn't seem so fun being retired big guy--Not to mention, you don't look that old." He pointed out."You're like Bruce Wayne! Or Keanu Reeves! Never aging i bet!" Tim chuckled as he stared back at the screen."You look the same as you were from back then.. sorry for bringing it up, but yeah!" He exclaimed in amazement before laying his whole body down on the couch and stretching cattily as he sat back up quickly. He seemed to never sit still--Everything about this man was rather intriguing. His life, history, etc. The news babbled about something utterly useless--And tim sighed."Eugh--How do you do this all day!?" He groaned, a frown appearing on his face. It seemed as though he was already comfortable at Frank's apartment."That girl's not even pretty...." He muttered before pulling his legs up and watching nonetheless.

He then shuffled in his backpack in one of the pockets--opening a medium sized pouch probably about 8 inches and looked into it. Things he looted, while his forgeries were in museums and even a celebrity's house. In particular he was after a panther bracelet then his kleptomaniac behavior got the best of him. Or at least his greed.

"Zatara, You're up!"
A man shouted. The woman nearly jumped as she looked over her shoulder."
What? I--I don't even work full time here!" She shouted back before rubbing her temples and sighing."What now!?" She asked."Do you know that.. kid.. the thief? Cat-thief?" The boss inquired."Yeah--I've been keeping tabs... Why?" She asked."He stole millions worth of jewels! And forged them so well!" He exclaimed. She only rolled her eyes."Yeah--Hes been doing that for a few years now. Thought you weren't interested in those types of things?" She asked."Just--Go up there in a few minutes and toss in a story about him! Who knows--Maybe whoever retrieves the jewels from him will get a prize." he shrugged."We're dying here." added the man. Zatanna furrowed her brows."We can talk about him. But I really hope no one hunts him down--Besides the cops can't even keep track of him properly." Scoffed Zatanna as she waved her hands infant of her."Ok calm down, fine. I'll talk about the kid." she concluded before walking away from the boss."NO WAIT!" He yelled."WHAT NOW!?" Zatanna shouted back."Hint at the murder that happened yesterday too!"
"I've already written about these..." She face palmed.
"But they were never announced on tv.... Yet. Just follow along the screen (script) and boom! Done!" He retorted.
"Jesus ok......" she sighed before officially walking around to go to the studio side of the building and waiting with arms crossed.

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Status
Not open for further replies.