Most Terrifying Supernatural Threat

So? What Monster tops your "Better Not Invade" list?

• Zombies

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Werewolves

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Vampires

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giant inexplicable battling monsters or Elder Gods

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Asmo

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Ghosts/Evil Spirits/Demons 'Invisible Threat'

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
NUUUUUUUUUUUUU! NO HURTING OF THE ASMO!

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!....

What?

Oi, imagine a world in where no one ever discovered that Superman was weak against kryptonite. Now take away all the magic powerhouses like Shazam, Dr. Fate, and Zantana.

Picking a fight with him would be like trying to fist fight a Semi-Truck in the dark; sure you can try to hit him as hard as you can, you ain't going to do anything to him, if you even hit, and you will probably shatter all the bones in your fist if you do. All this before you are met with about 10 tons of force... To the face. And that's if Supes is going easy on you.

Without knowing anything about Superman, how the hell do you expect yourself to even hurt him?

Now imagine fighting against something that transcends the human capacity to understand or to even comprehend.

My point being that the less we know about what we are fighting, the more vulnerable we are to it. And if we can't even figure out what the hell we are fighting, we are pretty much fish swimming in a barrel.

Elder Gods by far.

Or maybe Kryptonians...

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOES! ALIENS?!

Or maybe Kryptonians...

I'm confident that Batman would save us. He'd be prepared.

...Unless WE'RE the bad guys. If that's the case... run to the sea and hope you fight Aquaman instead?

I just watched "Paranormal Activity" and "Paranormal Entity" in one night not too long ago..

Demonic crap scares me the most, by far! I feel the whole "evil spirit" thing is easier to believe than any of the other choices on the list (except Asmo, but Asmo is awesome, and if he were a threat he would have to cross the Atlantic to get at me)! Plus, evil spirits and the like appear to be infinitely powerful. I mean, you take out a vampire with some garlic or something. You take out zombies with a good shotgun blast to the head. You take out werewolves with a good SILVER BULLET shotgun blast to the head. What do you take out spirits with? Exorcism?! Hah, that never works! Plus I have a hard time imaging what a "giant inexplicable beast" is and how it would threaten me.

I can agree with Glazer.

Glaze, giant inexplicable battling monsters = Godzilla

Something that size.

.......Godzilla is just a glorified gecko with a height problem and a superiority complex.

I would have said Aliens.... I mean beings intelligent and powerful enough to hunt is down with systematic extermination and just hunt for kicks. Not to mention being a lab-ape but they aren't supernatural.

ALIENS MUST BE ONE OF THE CHOOOOOOOICES!

Zombies.... there are always so many of them and some of them might be people you knew O_o"
I've had a couple of nightmares about zombies too XD

I've had a couple of nightmares about zombies too XD

hurr, just like my sister.

I've never had zombie nightmares. If I have ever had horror-related nightmares, they usually involved the Beast from Homeworld: Cataclysm.

Ohhh, that's pretty scary...

But, zombies just seem to be everywhere XD In a film you're watching, suddenly they'll take over a load of the earth or something.

Actually, I have to say that the infected from 28 Days/Weeks Later were pretty darn scary O_O
(Especially when I went to the balloon festival afterwards and all the people standing at the top of the hill looked remarkably similar to the infected from a scene in 28 Weeks Later from a distance :o)

were i a religious bloke, id probably share Julez' fear of angels.

demons, shit they're just doing their dayjobs.

nothing worse than arrogance with superpowers!

that said.

i nget goosebumps when i go outside at night unless i have a lit cigar in my mouth (dont ask, i dont much know myself) or some sort of weapon in my hands, im not scared of anything like ghosts or the supernatural, although in my less lucid moments i do fear zombies, i mean an insidious, shambling hoarde that todays word is completely unprepared to face, what with its insistence on tolerence, compassion and its avarice for power and wealth (why destroy zombies when you can domesticate them......why fear the zombie causing pathogen when you create superior strains to sell on the black market etc.)

no, the thing that scares the shit out of me at night is the REAL monsters; people.

im always scared that some psycho or sick fuck is gonna sneak up behind me and ram something metal through my chest.

onb top of that, theres also Tyranids.

yes. i was THAT into warhammer for so long that i eventually had Tyranid lictors, inseen, malicious monsters with scything talons and rending claws (not to mention Cthulu mouths and fleshhooks!) doing much the same.

so, whilst i would have chosen the unknown, i picked zombies because i dont fear ghosts so much as Lictors.

Elder Gods, hands down.

Let me put it this way; these are giant, all-powerful interdimensional fellows who've destroyed countless races over millions of years. Apparently just looking at one of them can drive you completely insane. How the hell are we supposed to even fight them?

I'd say zombies because of the fact that if you get turned into one, your brain goes to mush. They are the actual one that you want to not turn into. Sure ghosts are pretty funky but if you can phase the bullet correctly with our uber smart team of scientists then they are no problem. (Ever seen the ghostbusters?)

Vampires, well if you turn into one of them all you have left to fear is daylight. I'm a night dweller anyway so hey that is no problem for me. Werewolves.............c'mon "Bad Dog eat silver." And Asmo...well we all know the best way to stop an Asmo is to push 'im down the stairs.

Finally the Elder Gods or whatever they are. Big things? Coming to destroy us? Hey I don't mind it awesome way to go.

I agree with all of this! The last thing I'd want to encounter is a zombie cause I'd rather die then turn into one!

I voted for Elder Gods though let's face it they're Cthulhu and shit and what I really fear is some sexy Caribbean god being raised by someone in my group by touching something they're not suppose to and then instead of being chased by minor supernatural things HE is chasing after me...

No, seriously, I had a nightmare like this!