Most Terrifying Supernatural Threat

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Jack Shade, Jan 4, 2010.

?

So? What Monster tops your "Better Not Invade" list?

1. Zombies

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Werewolves

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Vampires

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Giant inexplicable battling monsters or Elder Gods

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  5. Asmo

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Ghosts/Evil Spirits/Demons 'Invisible Threat'

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. MERMAIDS​

Little is known regarding the origin of the mercreatures, though some stories suggest they are born from the tears of the widows of lost sailors. What is understood, however, is that while curious, mermaids are not gentle or good beings. Their volatile nature is clearly displayed in a history of unusual attacks on ships and their crew, most particularly off the coast of Renloth.

It has been suggested that Renloth is largely targeted because of the current king's history with the mysterious creatures, but little proof exists to confirm the thought.
    GIANTS​

While only one record exists regarding giants, rumors of the beasts have thrived throughout Fable for centuries. The most popular tale speaks of a young boy's journey up an enchanted beanstalk, and while there is no evidence that suggests merit to the story, since it's conception, merchants have found it increasingly difficult to peddle beans of any kind within the land of Fable.

GOBLINS​

Goblins are rumored to be neglected or orphaned children, stolen from their cradles. They are horribly deformed by their abductors and raised in cruelty and shame, until little of their humanity remains. Said to take up residence beneath the ground, Goblins surface only once every few years to collect new victims. When they do venture above ground, they dress in rags and cover their faces with shrouds, allowing them to better blend in with mankind, but their shuffling walk and the deep rasp of their voice has been known to give them away. Because they are often small in stature, it has been suggested that Goblins employ wild dogs as mounts.
    FAIRIES​

Fairies, while few can claim to have ever encountered one personally, are almost always considered a powerful and sentimental force among the people of Fable. Many varying descriptions make it difficult to pin down a fairy’s aesthetic, some accounts suggesting they're no bigger than a firefly, others depicting them with very little difference from human beings. While most stories indicate fairies to be gentle, good natured creatures, there have been accounts of mischief among their kind, and a tale or two of fairy folk gone wrong.

SPECTRES​

Spectres are entirely what they sound like. Haunting visions said to be found throughout the land of Fable.While most are harmless, little more than illusions, there do exist some considerably more threatening species, found within the regions of Bravgara, Wasslorien and parts of Vast.
    WOLFMEN​

Wolfmen are precisely what their name would suggest. While little is known as to the origin of their circumstances, it is assumed because of the rarity of it, there is potentially something hereditary to the condition. The word ‘curse’ has been thrown around in reference to the affliction, though it has never been proven as a contributing factor.

NYMPHS​

Because of their ability to shift in form, little is known about what a nymph truly looks like. Mischievous to a fault, it isn’t uncommon for nymphs to lure those who wander into the woods into trouble - though they seem rather inclined against hunters in particular.
    GRIFFONS​

These creatures, bird and beast combined are rumored to live within the mountainous region of Wasslorien, particularly in the cavernous underbelly of the mountain. Though the idea of taming the Griffons are virtually unheard of, there are artist depictions which suggest this isn’t entirely impossible.

2. First!

How does the RP begin? Where should I expect my character to be on the first post? I'm only asking because my sample post will likely lead into that.

3. Ghosts... what am I suppose to shoot them with? Ghost bullets?

"Hi I'm Casper the friendly bullet!"

4. "Anjuu can stay for awhile longer." *john smiled as he handed her the scroll then gently pat Evelyn's head

5. Anjuu nuzzle Evelyn gently, "You know, your mommy was most worried about you. You're so small and fragile, and a little bit of a ditz."

Ichiru stop petting Anjuu and got up, "I have things to do."

6. That which I cannot comprehend.

That which, if I try to understand, will drive me insane.

Elder Gods.

7. I'd say zombies because of the fact that if you get turned into one, your brain goes to mush. They are the actual one that you want to not turn into. Sure ghosts are pretty funky but if you can phase the bullet correctly with our uber smart team of scientists then they are no problem. (Ever seen the ghostbusters?)

Vampires, well if you turn into one of them all you have left to fear is daylight. I'm a night dweller anyway so hey that is no problem for me. Werewolves.............c'mon "Bad Dog eat silver." And Asmo...well we all know the best way to stop an Asmo is to push 'im down the stairs.

Finally the Elder Gods or whatever they are. Big things? Coming to destroy us? Hey I don't mind it awesome way to go.

8. Fear of the Unknown is perhaps the most chilling threat.

You cannot kill it.

You cannot reason with it.

And it won't stop coming until you're dead.

Terminator reference aside...

Looking at each of the monsters, I'll take werewolves and zombies over vampires.

Why?

Zombies are zombies 24/7/365. Vampires are vampires when the sun goes down, although I know there are exceptions.

*COUGH*Faggots*COUGH*

Excuse me... Vacuumed the house earlier in the day.

Any who, werewolves are harder to spot and harder to stop. You can outrun a zombie and you can literally disarm them on the spot. Werewolves...

...well they'll do the disarming. I don't recommend anything below .50 BMG should you decide to tangle with one, and even then I suggest getting the SLAP rounds. Saboted Light Armor Penetrators.

If that is unavailable, and it isn't available for civilians, grab a tennis ball, throw it, and hope to whatever deity you believe in the werewolf chases the ball.

Or start scratching behind their ears or rub their bellies.

You don't see zombies being disarmed by rubbing their bellies.

The only thing I can think would happen then is their distended bellies would rupture, rotted meat spilling out.

The only thing I can think of to fight a giant inexplicable monster or elder gods is another giant inexplicable monster or elder god.

The rivalry between monsters/gods is enough to distract them while you plan a suitable counter attack.

Just finish of the survivor with anywhere between 10 and 100 kiloton nuclear weapons.

As for Asmodeus, there is only one way to defeat him:

Push his pompous, British ass down the stairs. But don't stop there.

Drag him back up the stairs and push him back down! When he's down again, you want to urinate on him as fully desecrating the body will keep it from getting back up again.

Wait, no...

That only works on mummies...

Fuck it... Urinate on him any way. Defecate if you can.

If you don't have stairs, beat his ass with a step ladder, although if you have a real ladder that's even better.

9. "We both know that is impossible. She is heavens now. You can work out a deal with Alexander. Just like he did with Lilith." *john said matter of factly as he held evelyn close and rocked her*

10. No problem! Take all the time ya need! :D

11. Jess.... you're gonna dislike this one.... but it's true....

I'm afraid of angels.... Not like that new movie coming out, Legions, but cherubic angels.

Why them? THE ACTUAL MEANING OF CHERUBIC IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT WE THINK IT MEANS NOW!

Dear GOD! I mean, SERIOUSLY! HOW THE HELL DO YOU FIGHT THOOOOOOOOSE!?!

LAND TO AIR MISSLE SHIT?! THEY'D SMITE US! THEY'D SMITE US ALLLLLLLLLL!

....Yeah.... I'm a God-fearing agnostic. I'm afraid that no matter what faith I'm with, G O D is gonna kill me. Hell, I tried being catholic. When I was little. What did it get me? Shit.

I'm afraid of death from above. I mean ABOVE.

How the hell do you fight HEAVEN?!

12. With a Judas Priest gig in the 80's.

To answer the thread though, Elder Gods.

Seriously niggers, shit just comes up and BAM! A MILLION MINDRAPES!

13. yes

14. the second option of course ;P

15. THE HELL?!

Oh, and I love the circlely shit.

Jesus..... Zombies..... and Frankenstien...

16. I've commissioned a lot of Ilona art lately (of her in her new outfit) and I'm gonna start sharing it tomorrow. But for now I just have to share this Sprite someone made me. SO ADORABLE! <3

[​IMG]

17. Awwwwww.

*Hugs Asmo*

18. Lucius stood outside and smiled.

19. HEEEEEEEEEEEY! STOP THAT!

20. *pets asmo in the open wound caused by the briefcase*

Don't worry Asman, I voted for you.