Most important lessons ever learned?

Friends, no matter how good, are not worth abandoning your dreams for.

Reactions: GhostJoker
1) It's called the "Raiden Grab," and it ends fights. Grab, squeeze, twist, pull.

2) A life without sin is the absence of life, not sin. So don't sweat the small stuff and treat your life like you're the only one who absolutely has to make sure nobody gets the short end of the stick, because in the end that'll be you. Aim to misbehave.

3) Never be a paladin, ever. You don't need to know what a paladin is: just don't be one.

4) People who talk about the existence of Good and Evil are either highly impressionable and easily led, or they've got a few too many screws loose.

5) When you've got a tumour poisoning your body, you cut yourself open and you extract it from your body before it can do too much damage. This should also apply to the people in your life, especially "loved ones" who make you miserable.

A smile doesn't cost you anything; you'd be surprised how many situations can be resolved through politeness. Of course, if they don't react well to it, feel free to shower them with insults. There's no need for you to be nice to someone who clearly doesn't deserve it.

You don't have to keep someone in your life just because they are struggling. If they are hurting you, you owe it to yourself to leave. I was friends with someone who suffered from depression, like myself, but she was incredibly manipulative. She'd get upset if I'd talked to other people that she didn't like, even if it was just cordial, she was incredibly clingy, and threatened self-harm if she felt I wasn't paying enough attention to her. It got to the point that I dreaded having to speak with her, because I was never sure if my words were going to upset her or not. This went on for almost two years until I possessed enough self-esteem to leave, and I am much better for it. Her partner tried to guilt me into coming back, because 'that's not what friends do, she's depressed and needs you,' which kind of just reinforced my decision. It was hard, but well worth it.
Look after yourself first.
I dated someone like that for three years. She'd manipulate and guilt-trip me into all sorts of things, often including things of a sexual nature. It was really toxic and abusive, and I ended up having to block all contact to her completely just to get her to leave me alone. Looking back on that time is still pretty painful.

Positivity and negativitity are both contagious. It's up to you which one you will spread.

It's never about reaching the end of the path to the stars. Ita about the path itself.

Don't be afraid to try new things. You can truly learn when you push yourself into an uncomfortable zone. As you practice that new and terrifying technique, you will grow in whatever you are doing. Something might look complicated, but once you tackle it, you will find that it is quite the opposite, and you can create exquisite pieces of art.

An argument is not a debate and a debate is not an argument. Seems kinda obvious, but you'd be surprised how many people I've met that didn't know this, myself included.

The journey is the destination. Things are always better while you work for them, and worth less once you have them. That which is unobtainable is the most beautiful of all.

Never be afraid to speak your mind, it might just make people look at you for who you are, not who they think you are.

If you want to be accepted by others, you must first accept yourself.

Opinion is the ruling force behind all human emotions and judgements, that and self-interest. Never forget that.

One person is not another. Each one is precious.

Learn to evolve from being a sheep.

- Reaper's Pearls of Wisdom, 01:08am, 22nd October, 2014.

Writing is a good way to expel the bad thoughts plaguing ones mind.

3) Never be a paladin, ever. You don't need to know what a paladin is: just don't be one.
I'M ON TO YOU NECROMANCER

1399419162917.jpg

-BECOME A PALADIN! SMITE THE EVILS OF THE WORLD AND BRING JUSTICE TO THOSE WHO ASSAULT THE INNOCENT. DESTROY ALL NECROMANCERS AND LICHES WHEREVER YOU GO.

-Do goods deeds because you truly wish to do them, not just because you feel you have to or to make an impression on someone you're with.

I'M ON TO YOU NECROMANCER
-BECOME A PALADIN! SMITE THE EVILS OF THE WORLD AND BRING JUSTICE TO THOSE WHO ASSAULT THE INNOCENT. DESTROY ALL NECROMANCERS AND LICHES WHEREVER YOU GO.
-Do goods deeds because you truly wish to do them, not just because you feel you have to or to make an impression on someone you're with.
Pathfinder (D&D 3.75) Paladin is best paladin!

Faith and reason are the boots on your feet. You can walk farther with both than with one alone.

Everything won't be fine. The only way to make it fine is if you stand up, brush off the dirt and keep on walking.

-Forgiveness isn't letting the people back in your life but letting go of the past and moving on.
-Dance, no matter your talent or lack thereof, because you won't get another chance to.
-Just because you think you are right, doesn't mean you are. However, when you know you are right, look at the situation before you reply;
*What benefit will you get from proving it?
*Will it help to aide the other person realize their mistake and fix it?
*Will it help them or you?​
Only when you have answered those, will you know what is right or wrong.

-Don't wear dress shoes on ice. Ever.

-Best way to prank someone on the beach:

aXbro7D_460sa.gif

Never chase a man.

The act of having to chase him negates any validity in your relationship, and no one really likes a desperate partner anyway. If he wants you and you want him, you two will come to each other eventually. (applies to women as well)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
1) Be yourself, not who you think you should be.
2) If you're not willing to be the bad guy, don't do anything. Anything worth doing will make you the bad guy to somebody.

2) If you're not willing to be the bad guy, don't do anything. Anything worth doing will make you the bad guy to somebody.
"You've made enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life." -Winston Churchill.