Most important lessons ever learned?

At the end of the day, only you have your back.

Blood doesn't mean shit.

When you stop talking, you see who your real friends are.

Loneliness can be the death of you.

Everyone lies, even a little.

Believe in the good, regardless.

Reactions: Alan and GhostJoker
I think the two most important lessons I've ever learned are: "If something is worth doing, it is worth doing right." and "Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted." Or however that Lennon quote goes.

A close third would be 'never jump-scare a boxer.'

Reactions: GhostJoker
Whoever you choose as your significant other should be someone you deeply and undeniably love.

Whoever you choose as your significant other should be someone you deeply and undeniably love.
As well as someone who you would consider a best friend. Remember, you'll be living with them. You better be able to enjoy each other's company in a non-romantic way or when the initial flare of love wanes, all you'll be left with is someone you love but can't stand living with.

4e9b3b7f5608cfec88f500c4640cce01.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Never eat beans
Don't drink milk after eating fish
Don't bitch about anybody
If some hits you, you kick the swizzle of them :P

Someone once told me in primary school that if a girl kisses a boy she can become pregnant lol I don't believe that now :P lol because we all know where babies come from... They fall from sky just make sure you catch good one hehe

• Love
That person who was mean in high school. The one who said the cruel said things to you until you finally shouted something awful back. Their parents were abusing them. People handle pain and grief differently. You never know why they are the way they are. Or why that homeless person really is homeless. Did they give their life to drugs and alcohol? Or did their significant other take the kids and leave? Leaving them without a will to continue on.

The greatest lesson I've ever learned is not to judge a book by its cover. I learned the hard way that most who are hard and mean there is something behind it. I made a horrible mistake once regarding that. I now try to remember to be compassionate to all, to smile at the frowns, and to give what I can. I truly try not to jump to conclusions when it is sometimes the easiest thing to do.

To be serious for once

- Racist jokes are racist no matter who says it. I'm too use to seeing my friends nag on our white friends for making these kind of jokes when we go around saying racist things to each other like it's second nature.

That person who was mean in high school. The one who said the cruel said things to you until you finally shouted something awful back. Their parents were abusing them.
Sometimes. Then again, there are some who just get a sick satisfaction out of the suffering of others: Twisted, malformed, malicious individuals who aren't abused, but just crave wielding power over others. Some people are just cruel individuals... That's humanity.

If someone is abused, that's unfortunate, but it doesn't mean you should roll over and allow them to abuse you, either. Life isn't easy and it isn't about easy choices: That guy abusing you? Yeah, he might in turn be abused, and yes, it's good to understand that he's only human like you, but sometimes the only response to a person verbally harassing you is to spit at them back. If they hit you, sometimes the only logical response is to hit them back, harder.

You come first. Where compassion and kindness fail, (and they will with some people), do not feel bad to resorting to whatever it takes to get the abuse to stop.

Working hard alone doesn't assure you that you'll achieve your dreams. Actually, there are more cases where you don't. Even so, working hard and achieving something is some consolation at least.

There's no point in incapable people pushing themselves. You're better off calling for an expert in the field.

I don't want other people to mention my "self". Besides, if I can be changed with a few words, then that wouldn't be my "self", would it?

Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick.

You don't have to keep someone in your life just because they are struggling. If they are hurting you, you owe it to yourself to leave. I was friends with someone who suffered from depression, like myself, but she was incredibly manipulative. She'd get upset if I'd talked to other people that she didn't like, even if it was just cordial, she was incredibly clingy, and threatened self-harm if she felt I wasn't paying enough attention to her. It got to the point that I dreaded having to speak with her, because I was never sure if my words were going to upset her or not. This went on for almost two years until I possessed enough self-esteem to leave, and I am much better for it. Her partner tried to guilt me into coming back, because 'that's not what friends do, she's depressed and needs you,' which kind of just reinforced my decision. It was hard, but well worth it.

Look after yourself first.

1. Never mess with the quiet kid.
2. Being quiet, paying attention at important times can save your ass in the future.
And 3. Never, EVER, let anyone know you have gum. :D

• Don't be afraid to bite in a fight.
  • You don't have to outrun everyone. Just the slower people.
  • Never hesitate.
  • Sometimes its best to tell the world to fuck off.
  • Always aim for center mass.
  • Never fart while sitting on your favorite blanket after a volcano menu dare.

• Love