Most hated video game enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy all the Final Fantasies, except for the MMO's (I just don't like MMO's) but my favorite ones are from 1-6 because of their settings. Though every Final Fantasy has some tough bosses, and FF7 was annoying with those Weapons. Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, and Ultimate, I have heard of Sapphire but you can't fight Sapphire can you?
I need to get into the very early ones. I feel I'd enjoy them more than the middle-ground ones (i.e. 7) for some reason. I get lynched every time I say it, but I could never get into 7-10, although I did like the older ones. 13 is the first that I've actually played multiple times (which probably says a lot about me regarding Final Fantasy), but it also cultivated more of an interest in the previous games that are lauded so highly, other than DoC and CC (I owned both at one point and for some reason have yet to play CC fully). I think most of my not playing older ones was because I was younger when I had the chances to play them, and didn't have nearly as much patience for long games way back when. Now I live for story-driven games and RPGs, but I don't have the means to play 7 and don't feel like downloading it.

As for Sapphire, not to my knowledge.

Really, I could enjoy all the Final Fantasies easily myself as well, because I treat every one of them as their own creation. They are not heavily connected to any of the others that are not related to them and every entry is a new place with a new plot and new characters, so I come into each one with a fresh mind and no expectations. It's how I play most games, but it's particularly useful in fandoms that are geared toward 'the older, the better'. For Squeenix, I feel like their older stuff are relics and masterpieces and should be appreciated, but I also enjoy seeing what kind of innovative things they can do in their newer games regardless of title.

I need to get into the very early ones. I feel I'd enjoy them more than the middle-ground ones (i.e. 7) for some reason. I get lynched every time I say it, but I could never get into 7-10, although I did like the older ones. 13 is the first that I've actually played multiple times (which probably says a lot about me regarding Final Fantasy), but it also cultivated more of an interest in the previous games that are lauded so highly, other than DoC and CC (I owned both at one point and for some reason have yet to play CC fully). I think most of my not playing older ones was because I was younger when I had the chances to play them, and didn't have nearly as much patience for long games way back when. Now I live for story-driven games and RPGs, but I don't have the means to play 7 and don't feel like downloading it.

As for Sapphire, not to my knowledge.

Really, I could enjoy all the Final Fantasies easily myself as well, because I treat every one of them as their own creation. They are not heavily connected to any of the others that are not related to them and every entry is a new place with a new plot and new characters, so I come into each one with a fresh mind and no expectations. It's how I play most games, but it's particularly useful in fandoms that are geared toward 'the older, the better'. For Squeenix, I feel like their older stuff are relics and masterpieces and should be appreciated, but I also enjoy seeing what kind of innovative things they can do in their newer games regardless of title.
I'm currently playing Final Fantasy V: Advance (Advance only came out for the GBA, the difference between it and the NES version is Advance has I think a few extra dungeons, bosses, and enemies.) Next I'm going to play FF6, but every Final Fantasy has their respective tough bosses, and it isn't always the final boss, it is normally the boss that is unlocked after the game is beat.

Greater Bonewalkers.

"That's some nice heavy armor you're wearing there. Be a shame if you couldn't carry it.."

The volatiles from Dying Light.

Genuinely wasn't expecting to be scared in a zombie smack'em game.. Seeing that red arrow right behind me on the map as I jump over a building and miss the fence I needed to get over..

Good night, good luck.

I haven't played the earlier games either, my first was FFX. I enjoy the games because they always manage to make things interesting. I loved the battlesystem in X-2 for one. FFXII and FFXIII also have great battlesystems (I like the more fluid better than turn-based tbh)

Also: Any battle using the fucking slow and useless Snow Villiers is a pain in the arse. I hate the char too with all his hero-talk *gags*

Bombers and Miners in Dying Light. Fuck em. Fuck em with a nuke.
Miners?

You mean there are more terrifying things to bump into?

Like the ones that explode?

"Oh a runner. Lemme bap them and get on with my da-- It stop--" Red smear on the wall and 1200 points lost.

The Bombers are the one who explode themselves- Who always seem to appear during lockpicking, or when you just rounded a corner. OR when you fall of a building AND LAND INBETWEEN TWO OF THEM

BEFORE TUNNELLERS
"Lonesome Road is fun and interesting! I'm going to explore it all!"
AFTER TUNNELLERS
"WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT GOD DAMN EXIT"

Also, it's probably just me, but I HATE fighting Duramboros. It's not that it's particularly hard to beat, mind - once you learn its attack patterns, a hit-and-away strategy with a decent hammer usually has it seeing stars. My probelm is that it just takes so damn long to kill. And that I ahve to fight something the size of a house in an area that's the size of... well, a slightly bigger house.

BEFORE TUNNELLERS
"Lonesome Road is fun and interesting! I'm going to explore it all!"
AFTER TUNNELLERS
"WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT GOD DAMN EXIT"

Also, it's probably just me, but I HATE fighting Duramboros. It's not that it's particularly hard to beat, mind - once you learn its attack patterns, a hit-and-away strategy with a decent hammer usually has it seeing stars. My probelm is that it just takes so damn long to kill. And that I ahve to fight something the size of a house in an area that's the size of... well, a slightly bigger house.
There's something to be said here about any fight involving lagiacrus in the water..

3 days.

It's not the overall difficulty I had a problem with, it's what Marauder Shields becomes on insanity. To be honest, my only playthrough of ME 3 was on insanity mode and it was a breeze until I met him. I was pissed to the extreme and MS is the only boss on all of the Mass Effect games to piss me off.

In terms of difficulty though, I would say ME 1 takes the crown but not for the reason you think. The game was pretty decent difficulty wise but I had more problems playing as the latex armor Shepard than the enemies who was a bit of a push over for the most part. The Asari is the only exception to this because once you are knocked down by one of their biotic attacks, YOU WILL DIE. Mass Effect 2 insanity was my favorite and I didn't have any problems with that Collector ship because I upgraded my stuff beforehand sooo yeah XD
The Cockatrice and that Giant eye was hands down the most prickiest things on the game. Which one do you wish to die from, the petrifying flashlight or the breath of Arisen hardener...pick your poison XD Come to think of it, wasn't the zombie dragon capable of doing the same thing?
I can't tell if you're joking about the Marauder Shields thing, because of the notoriety about him being the "last boss" in the game and what not.

Yeah, with 1 the Asari Commando bit with the Benezia fight were terrible, but that only took me like 3 tries to get through. I had more of a problem of not being able to dodge rockets from geth juggernauts and krogan charges than anything in that one.

I had all my stuff upgraded (and it was NG+) for the Collector Ship run, and yeah, the fact you have very little cover, the Collectors flank you from nearly 180 degrees, the two Scions can shoot through your cover at ridiculous ranges, and the Harbinger possessed drones are goddamn brutal at taking out your squad mates and then you with cover-negating attacks, I think it took me over 20 attempts before I got past it.

I can't tell if you're joking about the Marauder Shields thing, because of the notoriety about him being the "last boss" in the game and what not.

Yeah, with 1 the Asari Commando bit with the Benezia fight were terrible, but that only took me like 3 tries to get through. I had more of a problem of not being able to dodge rockets from geth juggernauts and krogan charges than anything in that one.

I had all my stuff upgraded (and it was NG+) for the Collector Ship run, and yeah, the fact you have very little cover, the Collectors flank you from nearly 180 degrees, the two Scions can shoot through your cover at ridiculous ranges, and the Harbinger possessed drones are goddamn brutal at taking out your squad mates and then you with cover-negating attacks, I think it took me over 20 attempts before I got past it.
Unfortunately, I'm not XD I actually found out about his reputation after checking up online to see if anyone beat him because I was too eager to not spend anymore with the guy. The funny thing is, when I checked up on how to beat him, I found out that tons of people were asking the same thing. Most of them didn't get a real answer but instead a bunch of funny comments that even I couldn't resist laughing at, despite me being extremely pissed. You might think he's a joke but MS doesn't have a pricky fanbase for a reason. And besides, most people didn't even start of their first playthrough of ME 3 on insanity mode, so for me to get to that point without having any previous playthrough experience is noteworthy all in its self.

Wrong, there was two Asari Commando fights. One against the Matriarch and the other against the mind controlling plant thing who created Asaric Commando clones. Plus there's an entire side mission where you have to battle a group of biotics.

The Krogan were jokes in that one. I also had no problems in dodging those rockets like an agent from the Matrix. However, I will note that you get messed up pretty bad if you actually get hit. I don't know about you when you play but I'm the type of person that gets from out of my car to take on the Amartures and the bigger ones head-on for the extra XP so things like juggernauts, Krogan, Saren, and everything else except for the Asari/biotics were no match for me.

I think it took me like two attempts (Excluding the entire restart for perfection because both Grunt and the Solarian died on me the first time I ended it) because I was getting a little cocky against those super Husks and that was it. Then again, I am one of those hardcore gamers that only really start a game on normal difficulty when I play with my friends or siblings or when that's the highest difficulty available at the start. Maybe that's the reason why I wasn't able to defeat MS while you were because I'm not used to backing down from a fight.

Of course, MS isn't the worst boss ever but I do believe he's the most unnecessarily frustrating one; especially since the player just came from surviving against a horde of mini bosses right before engaging some regular enemy with a freaking pistol that sways worse than Joel's guns off the Last Of Us. Not to mention that on insanity mode, the Marauder takes two shots and you're dead which means you have to hit him with all your bullets successfully to temporarily stun him; only to find out that your clip doesn't have enough rounds to kill him without needing to reload. It's like Bioware made that final part exclusively for pistol junkies who had maxed out all of the capabilities with every single pistol to kill him with one single clip.

Oh! Any freaking enemy that has extremely OP long range attacks, when you picked a close range character. I was five levels above a guy, and still died quickly!

And any enemy that starts in water, and jumps out, does massive damage, and you can't hit him at all because you don't do long range!

Seriously, you guys?

This is nothing. You are posting EASY MODE bad guys!!

LET'S DO SOME NINTENDO HARD.

1) These bitches.

Annoying1-620x.jpg

2) These fuckers.

Annoying2-620x.jpg

3) This asshole.

FF8_Malboro.png

Anything else in all of gaming-dom, I can handle.

These fuckers?

I lose it in blubbering, swearing, Nintendo-rage.​
EucIfYY.gif

219.png

I fucking hate you, you squad raping piece of shit. Please die. Preferable as far away from my soldiers as possible.

Seriously. In open fields, they're somewhat tolerable, but most encounter zones are the interiors of buildings and UFOs. If I know poppers are on board a UFO, I just blow up the transport elevator and call it a day. No fucking way am I sending anyone up into a ship probably full of exploding blue dicks with toothy grins.

Context: Imagine Creepers from Minecraft that swarm in packs and move at 40 miles per hour, totally uninhibited by terrain, and your own X-Com Agents have Stormtrooper accuracy problems.

I haaaattteeee youuuuuuu

clopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopKLEER.jpg

During the mid 90's, a while after Doom's release, FPS's gained the ability to look up and down, or on a "y-axis." This opened up a whole new dimension of possibilities and with it, hurdles. And one of these hurdles came about when an enemy designer realized that with this ability to look down, that not all enemies would need to be lined up with your straight line of sight. This gave birth to enemies that would require you to look down to defeat. With increased difficulty to aim at and hit, these enemies were generally very weak and more of a nuisance than a real threat; given the name "Ankle Biters".

Sometime in 1997, someone, most likely drunk and angry with the world, decided these ankle biters just weren't annoying enough. They needed something more. And thus, the Hell Hand was created.

Hand-Sprite-Sheet.png

Not only did the Hand have the normal traits of the ankle biter; fast speed and hard to hit. But it had the added bonus of latching on to you, choking you and eventually blinding you if not removed quickly enough. And the only way to remove it was to mash your use key like a madman. And when this lil' fiend was generally accompanies by other, stronger enemies, this means only good times were to be had. By everyone but you.

Now the real fun was to be had when playing on later Windows, before DosBOX was a thing. Where it became impossible to remove the Hell Hand because of some sort of input muckup with DOS games. Meaning unless you killed these things before they got you, you would suffer a long, antagonizing and guaranteed death to the weakest enemy in the game.

And yet, Blood is still my favorite game ever.

I don't play video games. That being said, I love Dark Souls 2 and I play it when I can. The boss that I hate the most so far has been the Pursuer. Mainly because he was the first boss that I had ever fought in YEARS, I was still learning video game mechanics, and it took me over 5 sitting hours to finally beating him after getting close a million times and either rolling off the ledge or just being stupid and letting my guard down. In retrospect, he's pretty fucking easy. But damn. I cursed him so much. So far, he is the boss that I have had the most trouble with. >.<

THE SKELETON KING FROM DIABLO. I SWEAR TO FREAK'N GOD DISBLO HIMSELF WAS EASIER. AT LEAST I CAN KILL HIM ON THE FIRST TRY! YVIYFYJCCKYCKU.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
THE SKELETON KING FROM DIABLO. I SWEAR TO FREAK'N GOD DISBLO HIMSELF WAS EASIER. AT LEAST I CAN KILL HIM ON THE FIRST TRY! YVIYFYJCCKYCKU.
When you come to think about it, most skeleton enemies in older games were complete assholes. You've got Kleers from Serious Sam, Revenants from Doom II, and... Kleers from Serious Sam which count twice because there's so damned many of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.