Most good looking fictional races/species?

K

Kelsi Kitsune

Original poster
What is the most eye or background pleasing fictional species or races to you guys and girls? Please provide a little info on these races, as well as a picture, if possible, so we know what you're talking about. If you have a link for the background as well, you are more than welcome to post it. ^_^

961034-death_lich.jpg

I've always been a fan of Liches... They're like Ghouls, but sophisticated, intelligent. Often malevolent, but not the world destroying kind. The sheer idea that a Necromancer obsessed with immortality would then unironically become a soulless entity who keeps their soul (humanity) in an object as opposed to themselves, simply to try and be immortal...

They aren't "good looking" in the traditional sense of hourglass figure and beautiful eyes. They're good looking in the sense of being twisted, malformed, and yet still upholding some sense of civility and dignity while they extract your eyes to replace their own rotting ones. It's bizarre and yet intriguing.

Liches are really intriguing, in my opinion. I like their concept, but I can't really get into them. I'm currently more into Kitsunes. I also love anything Death related, or demonic. I'm no satanist though.

Orks. Because they create an ecosystem from spores they release. Drink fungus beer made from anything. And are the only winners of the 40K Universe.
And they look amazing in a suit.
1zdt7c1.jpg

^_^ Glad you all have some favorites! Mine would have to be Sangheili, because they tend to hold a sense of tradition and honor. They are truly fascinating species.
sangheili.jpg

I mentioned the Alien before in another thread, so we'll skip that one this time. Someone mentioned Warhammer 40k before me -- now that's a fictional universe with a lot of beautiful designs. As far as aesthetic appeal goes, I really like the Eldar.

And especially the Avatar of Khaine.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Oh my, Nyk. That's a lovely character. I wouldn't want to be his enemy, but judging from armor color, his eyes and mouth, and his devilish looking sword, he's an enemy. Good thing I have my scythe! XD

Oh my, Nyk. That's a lovely character. I wouldn't want to be his enemy, but judging from armor color, his eyes and mouth, and his devilish looking sword, he's an enemy. Good thing I have my scythe! XD
Fluff-Tidbit: Khaine is the avatar of an entire race's anger and battle lust. His hands are eternally dripping with the blood of an Eldar hero he slew named Eldanesh. He was also dominated (yes, that dominated), then a chaos god of war and battle took him and he broke into a thousand pieces. An Eldar can sacrifice an exarch (important person or something) to summon the avatar (not even the real deal!) of Khaine to battle.

Now, Papa Nurgle on the other hand..
grandfather_nurgle_by_xleshiyx-d5besm9.jpg

Are we going for hotness or for creatures/races we think are really awesome? O_O Because I thought this was about hotness and then proceeded to get very confused!

• Thank You
Reactions: Karaan
Anything Diana! ^_^ no matter what restrictions could be placed, you and Vay would have exceptions! :D

So says the slave to the free man.

---

But no, it's whatever.
Ah, I know what you originally meant "good looking" as in "attractive", and I think I started the band wagon of just posting cool looking stuff instead of necessarily attractive. Mostly I was just trying to get across that there were certain races that are traditionally ugly (ex: Liches) which I actually found rather good looking by virtue of their nature and style.

If we wanna talk good looking in a traditional sense though...

145627.jpg

Hellooooo Aria! (Mass Effect series.)

Where da sexy Elves at?