Most beloved video game enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fallen_One.gif

Fallen Captains. Destiny. Their description?

Captains are extremely aggressive. They lead by example, charging fearlessly into the fray and rallying their fellow Fallen around them. Though they will back off if their shield breaks or if they take heavy fire, Captains are otherwise fearless and will charge into the battle even if the odds are against them.

And it definitely holds true. Fallen Captains are one of the nastiest enemies in Destiny, and they give exactly ZERO fucks about the players, no matter the level difference. Their yells are one of the most angry things I've ever listened to; it is the sound embodying the act of ripping someone's head off. Unlike most other enemies in Destiny (save for maybe Thralls and Minotaurs), Captains will facecheck you and go full ham as soon as you're in their sights. There is no such thing as mercy or pause for Fallen Captains.

While you can easily deal with them if you're a much higher level, game modes like Nightfall in which they're much tougher and deal considerably more damage prove to be a huge issue. Where normally you could just stand by them and kill them within seconds, higher level Captains will kill you in a SINGLE second. Their ferocity is big problem at higher levels since they're more than happy to punch you into the dirt or fire off their guns with no end.

All in all, they're just one of the most badass enemies in gaming I've encountered.

Reactions: Brovo
I also loved this guy as an enemy when I was younger. Golbez from Final Fantasy 4.

Golbez.jpg

Every big monster in Dragon's Dogma. Period. it makes epic creature battles actually epic and not forcing you to hit at their ankles and legs *Stares at Skyrim* because you actually have to climb up those beasties and strike their weakpoints. Seriously, Dragon's Dogma has set a high bar for RPG Boss Battles, that hasn't even come close to reaching yet in my opinion.

Also, The Pyramids. From Silent Hill 2 because it's the only game or piece of media that makes sense for them to be in(fuck you, movies and Homecoming). This guy is there to punish you, the guilty one. I can't say anything more beyond that because it's spoilurz.

Another personal favourite Enemy of mine is Pokey Minch.

His theme means.fuckin.business.

All these other Legend of Zelda characters, but not this guy?

latest

You fools! :P

1329836-oblivion_large_ratgiant_1.jpg

An Homage to the Rat

You were the first, of the many mighty creatures I slew. In sewer, cave, cellar and more. You were a staple of my adventure. To you, I was a monster to be feared. The Mighty Queen Ratslayer! Bringer of Doom! But to me, my dear rat, you were the first stepping stone of my epic quest. Indeed, without you, there would be no giant spiders. No goblins, orcs or petty bandits. No trolls, ogres or mighty dragons. I am afraid, my friend, that you were the first. The one to spawn the adventure and to bring the rise of the epic hero.

So for that, you have my thanks, my love, my adoration.

Rest in Peace, my foe.

My favorite boss would probably have to be Gruntilda Winkybunion from Banjo-Kazooie! That was the first game I played to completion and still one of my favorites to this day. If I played today I'd probably still get goose bumps when I collected another jiggy. Clanker always scared the shit out of me though..

This freaking guy:

6a00d83452033569e2017ee805653a970d-pi

I hated Sigma as a kid, still kind of do. At the same time, he's tons of fun for me and definitely one of my many favorite game villains.

And then there's the Kraken of the Sea from Earthbound, which I very much enjoy each playthrough. I mean, just listen to the theme music!

Oh, and don't forget the headcrab zombies from Half Life 2.

Halo-grunt.jpg

"LOOK! TIN-MAN! CAN'T KILL ME AYEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Jon Irencius (voiced by David Warner) - Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn

I'll have to second Jack of Blades and Grunts.

As for my own suggestions?

300px-Mgalekgolo.webp

500px-I_chr_013_l.jpg

Rakghoulgame.jpg

Rakghouls!!! KoToR

If you played Fire Emblem, then Black Knight was that mofo you went ooooooo when he came around, then fuck my life when you ahd to fight him.

P.S. ALSO SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you fight him in that church fortress thingy, I shit you not I said no and left right away XD I let the dragon guy die for me.

tumblr_m3z156667s1r1btizo2_r1_500.gif

You're low on ammo in a creepy lab, nothing has attacked you in a long time. Suddenly, you hear uneven, raspy breathing and this tall grey creature limps towards you slowly from the dark hallway you were just in. You shoot it, limbs fall off, and it lays there still and presumably dead. You turn away and then the breathing returns behind you. You turn and the creature is standing there behind you, regenerated. You fire feebly at it, expending your ammunitoon when it grabs you and begins to eat you.

Later, the same scenario occurs, only now it impales you on impossibly long spikes.

Regenerators are the only truly scary thing in any Resident Evil.

I don't know how I forgot these little gems... I absolutely love the Boos from Super Mario Bros. 3 and forward.

THIS.

1p580pp.jpg

Reactions: Hana
No but if you want to know a serious villain that I knew and loved... once upon a time...

hqdefault.jpg

THIS GUY
We seriously need a spinoff for him that's basically the vid-comics from Arsenal but made into a full length game.

Shyguys and Koopa-troopas.

Remember the Shy Guys from Yoshi's island when you were in the jungle world? The ones that danced?

Spear_Guy.gif

Yeah, them. They were rather amusing and kind of funny. It's kind of funny that Shy Guys started off in Doki Doki Panic and became a staple as a foe in Mario games.

Reactions: Dervish
Status
Not open for further replies.