Most beautiful sight

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lady B

Original poster
Do you ever feel like it's hard to look past all the darkness and grief in the world? Like no matter where you turn, all you're met with is sadness and tragedy?

Well, if you stop and think about it, it's not that hard to realize that we're actually surrounded by beauty. Despite its flaws, the world is a wondrous place, filled with amazing things.

So, I want you to think of the most gorgeous, stunning, jaw-dropping sight you've ever seen, and share it with the rest of us! Okay, it doesn't have to be something life changing or epiphany inducing, just something that's made you stop and say "Wow... That's beautiful." even if just for a short while.

The most beautiful sight I can think of is the summer house in the countryside that my parents used to own, and the surrounding area. The house itself is quite large, and it's painted pink with black corners. Around the house is a large, rectangular yard, and facing the different sides of it are a meadow, a forest, and a dirt road. Past the dirt road is a cow pasture, where cattle pass their lives by slowly moving from one patch of grass to graze to another. The pasture is set at a slight incline, and at the bottom of it is a small lake. There's also a river a bit into the forest, and if you stay perfectly quiet for a while, you can hear it rippling. I think it's the most beautiful sight I've ever seen, because there's something so otherworldly serene about it. It's a patch of nature that's been almost untouched by humans, and both flora and fauna contribute to its beauty. Also, some of my happiest memories are set with that place as their backdrop, so I'm probably largely biased because of it. Even though the house had to be sold when my grandma passed away, whenever I think about it, a smile spreads across my face, and I think "Wow... That's beautiful".

So, what's the most beautiful sight you've ever laid eyes on? Is it something in your neighborhood? Is it a place you've only seen on TV, or in your dreams? Is it something that doesn't even exist on this planet? No matter what it is, share it!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
My kids. I know it sounds cliche, and a bit snobbish, but they're all beautiful. Sometimes I have a hard time believing that I had a part in creating them. I have to admit though, it's usually when they're sleeping that I think that way. When they're awake I wonder how in the world I spawned demons that are going to bring about the apocalypse. (That's not true....at least I hope not. If it is, I apologize in advance.)

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Mine's kinda cheesy, but I think it's a beautiful sight when someone genuinely smiles. Especially if I made someone smile, because I always try to cheer people up. I like knowing that I made a difference to someone. I think a smile is one of the most beautiful things ever. ^_^

Taylor Lautner shirtless!

Well, I'd have to say, although it sounds cheesy, and cliche, it'd have to be watching my baby brothers grow up. I try my best to protect them, and seeing them grow older and become more mature is more than I could ever wish for <3

But Tay-Laut shirtless as well. Duh. I may have a girlfriend but he is smoking hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people
I've been all around. Large cities, ghost towns, etc. I haven't been to those beautiful serene places like Salar de Uyuni or Waipoua Forest, so I'll be counting those out. But there is one thing I'll always see, the one thing that will follow me as long as I stay on this earth.

The sky. Every time I look at it I just have the most profound and philosophical thoughts.

Love every moment of it.

Until the Sun comes around and screws with my eyesight.

Holy crap. That was almost thoughtful. Look at what you made me do, you silly Witch of Miracles!

• Love
Clean untouched pure white snow and ice covering everything. I especially love trees covered in frost.

Those are certainly some beautiful sights so far! *wipes tear out of the corner of my eye*

Also, people, don't be afraid to share pictures, if you can!

The Northern Lights that one time when I was 8. My mother and I were tending to the sled dogs, and by the time we were done it was late, and just before I was about to go inside, she told me to look up. It was absolutely amazing to see those flashes of green against the black winter sky, and to hear that tell-tale sound. I could've watched it for hours.

Sadly, I don't remember much of it, just vague images and such.

Other than that, it has to be when the sun rises and sets, when the sky looks like it's burning with all those intense colours. Every time that happens I wish I had a better camera so I could capture it perfectly and preserve the colours forever. It also looks a lot like Gallifrey, which is always amusing and slightly surreal. I love it, though.

Also the clear night sky, especially during winter and moonless nights. Stars are absolutely fantastic.

And any kind of untouched winter landscape. If there's a thick layer of snow and the sun or moon is out, I could watch it for hours.

These are all really silly and I couldn't settle for one, but I'm just really amazed over our existence. Lots of things make me feel like that, but these are probably the most noteworthy.

Now I'm having feelings again, damn it.

I'm not impressed by landscapes, or pretty colors in the sky. Maybe it's because I live in a very rural area and have become desensitized to the "picturesque" environments, but they don't affect me. Even as a sociophobic individual, I find that the most beautiful thing is the smile of a friend--
Mine's kinda cheesy, but I think it's a beautiful sight when someone genuinely smiles. Especially if I made someone smile, because I always try to cheer people up. I like knowing that I made a difference to someone. I think a smile is one of the most beautiful things ever. ^_^
And here I thought I'd be the only one saying something like this. But yeah, pretty much what Melancholy said. As someone who's terrified of every little signal another person gives, from body language to words to expression, seeing a genuine smile from a true friend is heartwarming, even if that word is a little cliché. But I can't think of a single thing that makes me as happy as coaxing a smile out of a friend. It can make me seem a little bubbly around happy people because I get so emotional at that little symbol of acceptance. I've almost cried because of that sometimes (I cry easily, admittedly). I try to smile as much as I can around friends for this reason; I don't know if it makes them as happy as it makes me, but I can sure put in the effort.

Physically, it has to be the city creek behind my house. Even though it's in the middle of a small city, there's this small bank that you can shuffle down to get to a small patch of land, with a big boulder practically perfect to use as a seat. In the spring and summer, and sometimes the fall, even with the cars a little ways away, it is the most tranquil and most beautiful place here. And it's all mine. Only once have I seen another soul pass by on a kayak. It may sound a bit selfish, but having that little area that only I can get to, a place where I can just be at ease, it's wonderful. The winter is hard because it's terrible down there during this time.

Emotionally, it's hearing my boyfriend laugh in person. He lives an hour and half away, and we finally were able to see each other yesterday. Hearing him laugh in person made me so happy I wanted to cry.

whoops feels everywhere

• Love
New Zealand. I have no idea where to fucking start about that one, but I'ma try anyway. On the Queen Charlotte Track, at the tip of the south island, I took a boat to the start of a two-day mountain bike ride. The first hour(?) I couldn't even get on my bike because it was all going up. It was hot, I wasn't sure if I had enough water to last me the day, but just breathing the air by itself was something different.

It was I think at noon of my second day of nearly killing myself practising downhill (40km/h on a narrow rocky mountain path, leggo) and occasionally pushing my bike uphill that I found myself on top of one of the mountains to take a break before I'd plunge myself down the road again. What I didn't realise until I downed a bottle and caught my breath, was that the view in front of me wasn't a picture. I'd never seen a lake and sky so blue, with nothing but a stunning mountainscape to separate the two. It took me half an hour before I got back on my bike, and though I broke my camera (goddammit) I still carry this image with me to this day.

• Love
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, the sunlight filters through my windows in the prettiest way. It's not really the way it makes my room look, but the light itself, that I find really pretty.

And I love looking outside when it's midnight after having just snowed or while it's snowing. For some reason, it doesn't seem to get dark outside after it snows at night. It stays pretty well lit, I'd guess because the lamplights reflect off of the snow. But the sky looks so clear, and it looks more like dawn with a dark sky than it does night time. It's kinda magical.

And space images are always gorgeous.

• Love
Ever seen a Aurora Light? IT's natures own light show, it's breathtaking in it's beuty. I hope to go back north in the future and just stare into the dark sky and watch it again. And I know that if I have kids, I will have to take them to watch it to.

The curb between lanes while I'm sitting in the turn lane. Grass growing between concrete, weeds sticking up, all of it wafting in the warm Florida breeze.

You'll find beauty in everything if you stop to look.

• Love
5469850152_20bef9be01.jpg

Ferrets cuddle in their sleep. They evolved it to conserve warmth in deep sleep. Lacking sleeping buddies they'll sleep in shirts, blankets, or anything else they can wrap themselves up in. They'll even cuddle up to cats, dogs, and humans if they're really tired and trusting.

Yes, I consider it a beautiful sight that nature evolved something so comforting and adorable already to cuddle buddy itself to sleep.

I consider it a beautiful sight that nature evolved something so comforting and adorable already to cuddle buddy itself to sleep.
The majority of animals do that, even some of the bat-shit crazy hostile ones.

Thee ferrets art cute, though.

Plants are the mean ones, they strangle everything to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.