MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAT

All I have to say is: thank God this is just a pitch. O_o

Seriously, as nice 'n violent as this short film was (not to mention Michael Jai White as Jax and Jeri Ryan as Sonya), it throws out a massive chunk of what made Mortal Kombat what it is.

Creative liscense, always happens for every film

So it makes Mortal Kombat not a bloodbath? I think you're mistaking a "deep, sensible plot hidden underneath seven layers of blood and gore" with a game that just excuses kids to rip each other's faces off.

To me, this interpretation of Mortal Kombat makes me think they've added small elements from Twisted Metal: Black. A bunch of maniacs running amok in a town with no real way for Law Enforcement to stop them? I love it!

mortal kombat has and always will be about the rip-tear factor, but there is also the whole realms deal.

as in, how the fuck to they explain Goro? (the four armed fucker) without him being a prince of outworld?

still though. twas win.

A fighting game is meant solely for just that sort of purpose; beating the sh*t out of something/someone. It teaches you next to nothing, beyond which button combinations fast-forward you to EPIC. Every once in awhile, a tidbit of actual relevant information about the "universe" comes into play - in this case, The Realms - but in all reality, the game's just built around punching another 'tard's lights out. Plain and simple. I'll be the first to admit that I enjoy that. I need to know next-to-nothing about this game before I play it; I just need hands and an inherent need to see blood. Coupled with anger-issues, you can invite your friends over and start actual wars with each other! (Oh, the memories..)

The same mostly goes for shooting games. Yes, there IS some actual plot, but think about the structure; world's going/gone to shit, badass with a gun comes in to take care of it, badass wades through wave after wave of senseless slaughter to ultimately destroy the said source of evil, world is OK...FOR NOW.

I think I'm at the very least a LITTLE sophisticated. That kind of story, as simple as it can be, REALLY gets my blood pumping. I'm excited, full of adrenaline, ready for nearly anything! I want to mow down any sad shmuck who decides to stand infront of the machine of death in my pixelated hands! The feel of it is so primal and pure, plus it allows you to establish some serious bragging rights. (I've bragged about being better at people with RPGs before, but the true definition comes from Shooters and Fighting Games. Don't lie. =P)

In the end, it all boils down to your preference.

Mortal Kombat: Rebirth? Definitely a motion for fanservice. I want to see Kitana use her Kiss of Death again, especially in this age of ULTRA-BADASS CGI. Sure, I know what'll happen, but MY GOD....

It's gory, maniacal, nasty, senseless, and it needs no real introduction. This is a game I played religiously as a kid alongside Bloody Roar, Killer Instinct, Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, and Mario RPG. Those games make me feel younger than I am again; less jaded and remorseful to my sea of bad choices. I want - WANT - to see this Mortal Kombat movie made, so I can feel like a real kid once more.

FINISH HIM. FINISH THIS.

fuck that, i wanna see some real cybernetic arms on jax, not some "imma wearing rubber arm things lol" sfx (although the rubberman arms WERE cool.)

also, skorpions face. IT MUST LOOK SO MUCH COOLER IN MODERN CGI?

Modern Combat.

Yep. I said it. Now people are going to confuse the remake with the Call of Duty installment.

Were't jax's arms fully cybernetic? or just enhanced?

Am I the only one who watched this?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WJHbdmbeaXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WJHbdmbeaXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

No you're not.

I THINK I remember one that had really realistic animation too that I watched growing up. . .

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpQokcyUJ7c&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpQokcyUJ7c&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

;-; I SHALL DESTROY YOU FLARE.

DEEEEEEEEEESTROOOOOOOOOOY YOU.

(FINISH HIM!)