Not open for further replies.
R

Reveuse

Original poster
[dash=orange]Game Masters: Reveuse
Accepting New Characters: Yes
Posting Expectations:
One to four paragraphs twice a week.
Rating: Some violence and multiple non permanent character deaths.
Genre: Virtual Reality Academy Sci-FI
Atmosphere/Mood: Lighthearted
Plot Flow: Semi-Linear (Goals and Missions-Based RP)
Timeline: Far Future
Basic Plot: Morpheus Military Academy is accepting you as a new Cadet. From age six to sixteen you will train and learn in a sophisticated Virtual Reality engine until you become a fabulous asset to the Interstellar Empire of Sarabande's Military Force, that it may be in the Expension Branch or the Defence Force.
[/dash]

Premise
Welcome, Recruit, to the Morpheus Military Academy!

You were chosen, amongst all candidates of the Empire, to become a proud member of the Empire's army in ten years time and to learn from our brand new Arcaneum of Learning the basics of being a Military Scholar, capable of both fighting and knowing our numerous enemies. Your training will start tomorrow and will encompass physical education, basic history, rudimentary writing and reading skills and finally elementary mathematics set in a virtual reality where simulated dangers will lead to very real rewards!

Now, say goodbye to your friends, family and previous lifestyle and emprace the glory of the Empire, we will be departing via the nearby teleportation device shortly.

Characters and Races
You will start as a six years old, with access to both time advancing missions and to profitable but dangerous and optional tasks that may uncover even more missions. Each Time Advancing task will forwards your time to six months in the future and will grant you some bonuses or 'level ups' to your character. As such, I will outline to you what type of character you may make, and must insist that you may only have one character at a time.

There is three main races you may choose, with the easiest to the hardest to play being:

Humans: Sturdy and adaptable, humanity holds a lower capacity than other races but can better themselves far more quickly and efficiently. They hold a bonus of 25% of gain compared to other races but their starts can never exceed 99.

Seyphs: A Sayph is a soul crafted into a cybernetic body, able to grow naturally only mentally, as physical alterations are costly and time consuming. They are however usually more intelligent than their counterparts, and can thus find less costly ways of doing things more easily. They suffer a 50% penality in rewards as a result of their need to pay for their cybernetic parts. Their Academic learning is however doubled.

Labraxans: A Labraxan is a nimble and charismatic being with the unfortunate downside of being unable to stay awake for more than five hours a day, their scally skin however making them outfitted with a formidable healing ability. A Labraxan can only undertake five out of ten side missions per round, and will get fatigued with a penality on Accuracy and Strength if a battle exceed ten rounds. On the upside, they can better their Constitution to an amazing 150.

Each Character will have both 'stats' for combat and a skill called Academia. The Academia Skill will be vital for finding new ways of undertaking a mission as well as to sucessfully accomplish both written tests and complete diplomatic avenues. Each stats, for it's part, will be as follow: Strength, Accuracy, Endurance and Speed. Each of these stats will be confronted by the opposing party's own, making it possible to attain negative points, especially if the oposing concentrate on lowering your starts for the future rounds or even highen their Accuracy to try to make a Critical Hit, which is possible when the attacker's Accuracy is double that of the defender.

To add some chance to the whole thing each participant to the battle will outline to me a sole reachable weak point for that round, the latter, if reached, able to be hit for a staggering ten time the opponant's Strenght, making it a Sudden Death more often than not, so be creative!

Story so far...
Nothing so far, read the Premise!

[dash=orange]
Character Template

Name:

Appearance:
Personality:
Prior History:

Dream:
Greatest Fear:

[/dash]

Accepted Characters
Helios "Hex", Played by Immortal Sin
Leila Santiago, Played by The Red Tazelwurm

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting. i have something of a full plate already, but i really enjoy the premise. If i find i have time to dedicate myself to this, i might just put up a CS ^_^

I shall post a CS if you're still doing this

Hex2-1.jpg
Hex-1.jpg

Name: Helios "Hex"

Race: Seyphs

Upgrades:

Instant Take-down
Requirement: Cybernetic arm prosthesis
Charge usage: 1

Appearance:
Hex has dark hair, and usually he keeps it short. He's been somewhat programmed to look like his 'father', he lost his biological son in an accident. At first, he never looks like he will eventually. But as he grows older, and his training more difficult and even dangerous--he begins to emerge as more, and more machine-like. Almost as though a human were experiencing the growth changes during puberty. It is when he's fully 'matured' that he appears as a tall, dark and handsome figure. But for now, he appears as a raven haired, sun baked child with chocolate appearing brown eyes.

Personality:
Helios or "Hex" short for Hexadecimal, a play on his robotic nature, was a rather carefree young boy. Much the same as he was when his body was flesh and blood and not in a marionette unit. However, that being said, he can become plenty serious. When he is, he is often tenacious in whatever attempt it may be. Even if it isn't his strong point. He still gives it his all. Hex feels the need to try more often, and try harder than most children. Maybe its because he d doubts he's really the boy that's soul is supposed to be in him, but rather nothing more than an imprint and so vies for a standing in his world to stake the claim that he IS there.

Sociable and friendly, Hex always seems to manage to help out those in need, even if they don't take his hand in appreciation. Nevertheless, he is bound and determined to not lose in any event he may be apart of.

Prior History:
Hex was born Helios, and before he had an automated body, he had a flesh and blood one. His father was a mid-ranking officer in the Imperial military, and it was always assumed that Helios would take after his father and join the ranks. He had much of a ordinary life until the accident. The night that it happened, Helios and his parents were at a festival. However it was crowded, so they had to use teleporters to move around. His parents made a clean jump, nonetheless, as Helios attempted the same the teleporter faulted and it sent him on through--with out some of his organs in his body. When he collapsed, no one under stood why until a shriek came from across the way and there, a length of his intestines, a kidney, and part of his liver were left on the other teleporter, sent backwards.

The boy Helios died that day. But Hex was awakened with Helios' soul tucked inside. His father had pulled some strings and in exchange, his son would no longer have the option of opting out of military service.

Dream:
I really don't know what to put here. I'm fairly sure you don't want me to be cliche and say "To be the best soldier for the Empire!"Lol.

Greatest Fear:
One of Hex's greatest's fears, if not his only true fear, is that he really doesn't exist. He clings to the Latin term "Anima autem machinæ" or "The Soul of the Machine" and also "Qui Vixit" which stands for "Who Lived". Being but a soul in a technologically crafted body, he has a hard time believing it some times. He's terrified that the memories he has, aren't his and that the feelings he has for others aren't his.

Note: I know that we are playing six year olds. I just couldn't find anything appropriate that I really liked to display Helios. So I chose these and tried to write my character in a way befitting as if he were older "now" and I were playing him as he went through the academy.

Hex3.jpg
Hex1.jpg

I'm happy to say that he's the first one accepted in this rp!
Congratulations!

large.png

As a kid
(Just imagine that kid with brown skin and black hair.)
Name: Leila Santiago
Race: Human

Appearance: Leila is a relatively tall girl, standing at 5'9'' and weighing about 145 lbs with a thick layer of muscle on her. Her hair is blackish brown and during the day she keeps it long, going past her shoulders. Her eyes are gray, although sometimes they appear to be black depending on how close you are to her. She usually wears leather jackets, boots, shades, crop tops and jeans. At the moment however, she's a short and slight chubby kid with a pixie cut, overalls and brown boots.

Personality: As a child, Leila is competitive and what most people would call, disobedient. She sees it as simply going strong and holding her own against people who want to boss her around. She hates being told what to do or being patronized, and she'll fight you if she gets angry enough.

As teenager, Leila is cunning, manipulative and more of a silent force, then how she was when she was younger. She holds her temper and gets her revenge quickly and quietly.

Prior History: Leila was born to two proud parents, as their sixth daughter. Despite having two loving parents, life was pretty cutthroat for Leila because her five sisters were always fighting for something. Be it authority, who gets to watch what, or even who wants to walk in front of the group on any outing. Leila always thought that being with her sisters was like being in a wolf pack. A rabid one. She could never turn her back on her sisters because they were always plotting to take her down, as she was the youngest therefore she got 'special treatment' as they called it. But really, her parents were simply treating her as they treated all small children, with care and affection. Her sisters saw it as them picking their favorite. So Leila had to fight with her sisters everyday, which is why she had the competitive and aggressive attitude as a child. But as she got older, and began to display talents that her sisters didn't have and couldn't have no matter how hard they tried, she saw that she was better than them and didn't concern herself with petty sibling rivalry anymore.

Dream: To be on top. Of everything.
Greatest Fear: Getting permanently injured and being unable to pursue her dream.
Likes: Any physical activity, candy, any scooter like vehicles, dogs.
Dislikes: Her sisters, people who tell her what to do, people who patronize her.

Yay! I was first! xD

Leila sounds a lot like Hex. o.o

In what way?

They both tend not to listen, they both are fairly carefree but serious when they need or want to be and they both have tough upbringings to name a couple.

Well I wouldn't really say that Leila's carefree.

Miss Reveuse entitled me to list Hex's upgrades. Hex will be limited in many ways, but these are a few of the augments can recieve if he's been rewarded well enough.

Praxis are expensive data logs whose function is to act like a program to be installed on the user allowing him or her to receive the warranted upgrade.

Cybernetic Arm Prosthesis

Description: Replaces the user's organic limbs with enhanced-function mechanical substitutes.
Activation Cost: N/A

Upgrades
Instant Take-Down
Upgrade Cost: 1 Praxis
Use: Take-down a single individual
Energy Consumption: One Energy Cell

Punch Through Wall

Upgrade Requirement: Instant Take-Down Upgrade
Upgrade Cost: 1 Praxis Point
Use: Punch through weakened walls
Energy Consumption: 1 Energy Cell

Recoil Compensation 1

Upgrade Requirement: Punch Through Wall Upgrade, Move/Throw Heavy Objects
Use: Reduces recoil by half (Pistols, SMG, LMG, Assualt Rifles, DMRs)
Activation: Automatic
Energy Consumption: None

Recoil Compensation 2

Upgrade Requirement: Recoil Compensation 1
Use: Eliminates all recoil
Move/Throw Heavy Objects
Upgrade Requirement: Instant Take-Down Upgrade
Use: Move and throw heavier objects

Energy Consumption: N/A

The strength upgrade allows Helix to lift, shove, carry, and throw heavy objects. These include large boxes, crates, photocopiers, vending machines, refrigerators, and even turrets.

Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis
Description: Replaces users legs with mechanical substitutes (Upgrades locked)
Activation Cost: 2 Praxis Points

Jump Enhancement

Upgrade Requirement: Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis Augmentation
Upgrade Cost: N/A
Use: Jump up to 3m high
Info: Once comfortable with using the leg's higher-density muscle bunches in tandem with the shock-absorbing gel matrix found in its knee joints and hip mounts, users can leap even higher than before - up to 3 meters (9 feet) into the air.

Sprint Enhancement

Upgrade Requirement: Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis Augmentation
Use: Sprint faster
Info: Learning to maximize the Cybernetic Leg's lighter phased carbide bone frames with its myomer reaction initiators allows people equipped with the prosthesis to reach a maximum sprinting speed of 7.5 meters (24 feet) per second.

Run Silently

Upgrade Requirement: Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis
Use: Run and walk silently
Activation: Manual
Energy Consumption: 1/2 cell very half hour activated. (Low)
Info: Cybernetic Leg users can become virtually silent while running once they learn to leverage tiny motors and shock-absorbing liquid polymer buffers found inside the prosthesis.

Sprint silently

Upgrade Requirement: Run Silently Upgrade
Use: Sprint without generating any audible sound
Info: Even sprinting at full speed will produce no more noise than a gentle breeze once people equipped with the leg prosthesis have mastered the use of its lighter phased carbide bone frames and myomer reaction initiators.

Jump/Land silently

Upgrade Requirement: Sprint Silently Upgrade
Use: Jump and land from any height in total silence
Info: The same higher-density myomer muscle bunches and shock-absorbing gel matrix in the knee joints and hip mounts which enable Cybernetic Leg users to jump higher than ever can also permit them to spring up and touch ground again without anyone hearing it occur.
===================================================================================================================

Series 8 Energy Converter Upgrades
Base Energy Level
Upgrade Requirement: Sarif Series 8 Energy Converter Augmentation
Use: Grants two energy cells
Info: At the basic level, the Energy Converter enables users to fill up 2 energy cells for later use.

Energy Level Upgrade 1
Upgrade Requirement: Base Energy Level Upgrade
Use: Grants an extra energy cell
Info: Intermediate users of the Energy Converter can fill up an additional energy cell for later use, giving them a total count of 3.

Energy Level Upgrade 2
Upgrade Requirement: Energy Level 1 Upgrade
Upgrade Use: Grants an extra energy cell
Info: Advanced Energy Converter users can create yet one more energy cell for later use, giving them a total count of 4.

Energy Level Upgrade 3
Upgrade Requirement: Energy Level Upgrade 2 Upgrade
Use: Grants an extra energy cell
Info: Mastery of the Energy Converter enables users to rely on a total count of 5 energy cells for later use.

Base Recharge Rate

Upgrade Requirement: Sarif Series 8 Energy Converter
Use: Recharges partially-depleted energy cells
Info: The base level recharge rate of the Energy Reclamation System takes an initial 10 seconds to kick in but -- once active -- will completely refill any partially-depleted energy cell within an additional 30 seconds.

Recharge Rate Upgrade 1

Upgrade Requirement: Base Recharge Rate
Use: Speeds up energy recharge
Info: Advanced Energy Converter users can feel their Energy Reclamation System start to kick in after only 5 seconds. Once active, the system will recharge a single energy cell in approximately 25 more seconds.

Recharge Rate Upgrade 2

Upgrade Requirement: Recharge Rate Upgrade 1
Use: Speeds up energy recharge
Info: The most experienced Energy Converter users will only need 20 seconds for one cell to recharge fully, with no delay before charge-up begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.