2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. No Preferences
Sometimes, when clicking the "more options" button after I've opened the editing dialogue on a post, Google Chrome shows me a broken page with this error:

unknown.png

I can circumvent this issue by switching to the BBcode editor before pressing "more options", but that seems like a workaround instead of a complete fix. It's not a huge issue, but it was kind of annoying to use before this workaround was suggested by @Kagayours.

It's also possible that this may only be an issue with this particular post that Eru and I have been editing. It used to be two different threads that were then merged, and both of those posts had a significant edit history beforehand, and now we've been making lots of edits to the merged post as a whole, especially in regards to coding, so... I dunno. I was thinking it might be some glitch in the forum software itself, somehow caused by the merge or the edits or some combination of the two. I don't think I've run into this problem when editing other posts, although it's possible that there just haven't been any other posts that I've needed to edit often enough to notice this issue...

@Eruantien & @Kagayours, are you still experiencing this problem? I just went and followed that what was linked and tried it myself; got no error on my part. Maybe it is your connection, or something in your browser safety settings? Chrome sometimes gets randomly finicky like that as well with me.

Otherwise I think @jared555 may have an explanation of why?

@Eruantien & @Kagayours, are you still experiencing this problem? I just went and followed that what was linked and tried it myself; got no error on my part. Maybe it is your connection, or something in your browser safety settings? Chrome sometimes gets randomly finicky like that as well with me.

Still getting the same problem. :/ At least on Chrome, anyway.

Just tried it out in Safari and it works there, though. Still, the fact that this is happening in any browser is pretty weird, especially since Chrome has never done this to me when attempting to edit any other post.

Any idea what I should change in Chrome's settings in order to fix it?

I've just tried again, in an Incognito Chrome window (which I believe disables extensions) and a Microsoft Edge window. I got the same error when attempting to edit the same post in Chrome's Incognito window, but I did not have the error when using Microsoft Edge.

Still getting the same problem. :/ At least on Chrome, anyway.

Just tried it out in Safari and it works there, though. Still, the fact that this is happening in any browser is pretty weird, especially since Chrome has never done this to me when attempting to edit any other post.

Any idea what I should change in Chrome's settings in order to fix it?
I've just tried again, in an Incognito Chrome window (which I believe disables extensions) and a Microsoft Edge window. I got the same error when attempting to edit the same post in Chrome's Incognito window, but I did not have the error when using Microsoft Edge.
Odd. o_o I don't know what exactly in the settings needs to be ticked off/on for that to stop. It has been a while since it last did that and I don't recall how I solved it, other than trying to restart, clean out my cache, and ticking several boxes on and off. Maybe try to clean out your cache if you haven't yet? Otherwise I truly have no idea.

I am now encountering the same issue with this post. I guess that rules out post-merging as being a possible culprit, as this post has never been merged. It does have a history of being edited many times, but only by me, as opposed to multiple editors.

Edit: I forgotten about Nemo's suggestion to clear my cache. I'll try that out soon.

Reactions: Mollisol
When I edit a post, sometimes when I click the "More Options", I get redirected to an error page that says, "This page isn't working", that gives me the option to go to the site's homepage. The bottom text says "ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR". Here's a screenshot.

View attachment 133709

I haven't been able to correlate this with anything besides clicking the "More Options" button sometimes. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. I am using Chrome for Linux, if it helps anything.

Just wanted to point out that this problem is apparently not specific to y'all.

@Kagayours @Mollisol do either of your Chrome settings dialogues have this "hardware acceleration" option unticked?
I'd disabled it a bit ago to prevent weird things happening with Windows 10, but I'm not sure if that's in any way related.

06e8yML.png

@Kagayours @Mollisol do either of your Chrome settings dialogues have this "hardware acceleration" option unticked?
I'd disabled it a bit ago to prevent weird things happening with Windows 10, but I'm not sure if that's in any way related.

06e8yML.png
It's ticked for me.

Reactions: Kitti and Mollisol
I tried clearing my cache. It did not work.

But I did notice that all the posts that have this glitch are the first post of a thread that I started. However, this only applies to some of my thread-starting posts, not all.

So, I tested out the first post of every active thread that was started by me, to see if I could spot any patterns. Here are my findings:

All the posts that have been edited many times are glitched. However, not all the posts without edits are also not glitched.

No threads posted outside the RP sections were glitched. All threads posted in an RP section were glitched except for one. I was almost certain that this glitch was affecting all of my RP threads until I discovered this one exception. :/

It's technically true that every RP thread that has an edit history is also glitched. But, since there are a number RP threads that were not edited and were still glitched, I'm not sure the presence of an edit history is a factor in this. And, although this glitch is only affecting my RP threads, it isn't affecting all my RP threads, so... yeah...

06e8yML.png
Mine is ticked. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.