More magical girls! More, I say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought a particularly good way to eliminate the potential for fights dragging on too long is to make them pre-determined. Consider that a player and a monster have geared up to fight; what you do is take into account dice in terms of stats (or whatever), roll it a number of times, and then tell the player exactly what the results of the fight are.

That way they can just make a post however they like, but require that the content of the post incorporate the dice results. For example, a character gets into a scuffle with something. You roll dice to determine things like how badly injured either one gets, if one dies, if one completely fucks on the other, etc. After figuring all that out, tell the player in OOC, "Hey these were the results." Then the player writes out the fight, making sure to have the results transpire in whatever modem they may, so long as it stays true to the dice results.

Oh, that's a very interesting approach.

What Asuras said, or inventing a very simple system might be the best approach.

Ok, well, I'm still out on the dice or no dice issue, so that's one to continue mulling over. Signs might point toward "yes, and I'm going all-out." But...well, I'll really have to weigh things carefully.

I do, however, have enough of a decision on who I'll probably put things together. Which will mean I will largely be running off an old campaign idea I've run in the past. Good news is I generally know what the plot would be. Bad news is it was sort of a mission-by-mission structure, although I can probably modify that on the fly. The plot points will still be hit either way. I'd be sure to somehow build the rails before the hurtling train, whatever the case.

So, the setting would be a fairy typical Midchilda style world where magitech is ubiquitous, magical girl is a job, and so-on. PCs would be in the TSAB/magical girl military. I'm not sure if they'd be fresh recruits or fresh out of training, so I'd probably leave that up to everyone and whether or not you all want some sort of training arc, or not. Either way, the PCs would be somewhat new to things, and outside of missions and other events which would drive the plot such as it is forward, there would be plenty of time for slice of life or military drama, or whatever you guys want to pursue. Main plot will probably involve horrible monster invaders and a war against them.

The main challenge, as always, is to actually drive things forward at some pace. Always, always easier said than done. I'll open the floor to everyone for comments and so-on now. Apologies for being beyond bare bones on all this.

Reactions: Asuras
Last edited:
Oh, you were doomed from the start. Your enemies are tentacle monsters*.

*Sometimes. It's not Libertine anyway.

This is a magical girl/boy RP. What did you expect?

Uh. The premise is a little bit out there.
Right... because all premises must, of course, conform to your expectations and boundaries.

If ya don't like it, have a hard time accepting it, all you have to do is Ctrl + W or Alt + F4.

Right... because all premises must, of course, conform to your expectations and boundaries.

If ya don't like it, have a hard time accepting it, all you have to do is Ctrl + W or Alt + F4.
I'm sure you find some things weird also. I was just giving my opinion about the roleplay, not to conform to my expectations. Why are you accusing me of things that I have not said?

Last edited by a moderator:
Zombs, chill. If Iallcsz finds it weird, it doesn't really matter. Some people are just more interested in realism or whatnot than others.

I'm sure you find some things weird also. I was just giving my opinion about the roleplay, not to conform to my expectations. Why are accusing me of things that I have not said?
Because assumptions and inherent bias.
Zombs, chill. If Iallcsz finds it weird, it doesn't really matter. Some people are just more interested in realism or whatnot than others.
NO. I MUST TAKE OFFENSE/REACT TO ANYTHING.

It legitimately IS a weird premise, as I'm essentially jumping straight to Nanoha StrikerS and drawing from a very unusual source for antagonists...

But, well, I have no shame, nor fear of hiding where I'm stealing my ideas. I am a bit of an R-Type fan.

Wait there is going to be horror in this....? *spotted the word zombies before*

It's magical girls. It's probably less horror and more monster-fighting? Unless monsters = horror for you.

Reactions: EternalMusic
*shakes head* no monsters don't equal horror to me~ So I am all good with the idea~

Status
Not open for further replies.