More magical girls! More, I say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm not sure I'll manage to go anywhere with this, but an interest check never hurt anyone. So, I might run some sort of magical girl game. But, I'm not sure what kind of magical girl game. So I present you all with a few options.

1. Something dark. Being a magical girl is hard. You fight bizarre monsters, and have to juggle that with your normal life and so-on. Maybe you have some friends and work together, but things can get rather cut-throat and violent. Inspiration from Madoka and Yuki Yuna. Themes eventually also being non-dark are possible.

2. Something Musical. There's power in song. Magical girls wield it. Thematically otherwise normal. Inspiration from Symphogear and Ar Tonelico.

3. Something...military? Magic's commonplace in the world. "Magical girl" is a profession. The men and women (and girls, and boys) of the TSAB fight to protect the worlds from evildoers and outside threats. Your CO is a chain-smoking 12 year old who drinks coffee and alcohol like a fish too keep up with the paperwork. Inspiration from Nanoha and...R-Type?

4. Something happy. I run a game that is as typical "entertainment for young girls" as it gets. The villains are largely comedic an ineffectual. Themes are healing and light. Dark backstories and deep characterization are not expected. Inspiration from Precure.

So, if you're interested, I'd like to know what in, specifically.
dude. down for 3.

go the Nanoha route. go magical girl federation.

If we go the Nanoha route of STARLIGHT BREAKER, I am so in this.

If we go the Nanoha route of STARLIGHT BREAKER, I am so in this.

here's our Military Magical Girl plot idea

a group of interstellar protectors against an ancient mystical evil recruits young women of pure heat with magical talents and teaches them how to use magic as a weapon against the forces of darkness. their magic is powered by love (for each other, the world, its inhabitants).

what does this sound like?

nanoha x green lantern crossover:

Star_Sapphire_Nanoha_by_shaoron.jpg

I am so stealing that image.

Reactions: Razilin
Well, I'm not sure I'll manage to go anywhere with this, but an interest check never hurt anyone. So, I might run some sort of magical girl game. But, I'm not sure what kind of magical girl game. So I present you all with a few options.

1. Something dark. Being a magical girl is hard. You fight bizarre monsters, and have to juggle that with your normal life and so-on. Maybe you have some friends and work together, but things can get rather cut-throat and violent. Inspiration from Madoka and Yuki Yuna. Themes eventually also being non-dark are possible.

2. Something Musical. There's power in song. Magical girls wield it. Thematically otherwise normal. Inspiration from Symphogear and Ar Tonelico.

3. Something...military? Magic's commonplace in the world. "Magical girl" is a profession. The men and women (and girls, and boys) of the TSAB fight to protect the worlds from evildoers and outside threats. Your CO is a chain-smoking 12 year old who drinks coffee and alcohol like a fish too keep up with the paperwork. Inspiration from Nanoha and...R-Type?

4. Something happy. I run a game that is as typical "entertainment for young girls" as it gets. The villains are largely comedic an ineffectual. Themes are healing and light. Dark backstories and deep characterization are not expected. Inspiration from Precure.

So, if you're interested, I'd like to know what in, specifically.
WHO'S WITH ME ON MAGICAL GIRL LANTERNS!?

I only care for my dark despair. To hell with light and happy comedy!
Good that no one knows 2 of my last 3 characters are light hearted characters, one of them even being a 120% magical mahou shoujo.

I'm not with the magical girl GL thing, simply because I know EXACTLY what I'd be doing with that set-up already. And, to be fair, I like powers being more varied in both color of lasers and overall theme. Or, I don't know, maybe it's becuase the Star Sapphires are a little creepy. But, I'd prefer keeping it to the standard magical girl formula rather than combining it with cape comics, I guess. (Although, there is also a good Smile Precure crossover with the Lantern corps that amtch teh girls' colors. I don't think some of them quite fit.)

Also, seems Nanoha in general is winning by a landslide. Which is perfectly fine by me.

Mmm, I'm fine with Nanoha, as long as we get some delicious Negima incantation/concepts in there as well.

Oh hey. We can get touch all the bases if we make something like...cute magical girls in a militaristic setting, with a few of them doing song-power shenanigans, while the background, Neo-Nazi magical girls prepare for war!

Reactions: Razilin

Oh hey. We can get touch all the bases if we make something like...cute magical girls in a militaristic setting, with a few of them doing song-power shenanigans, while the background, Neo-Nazi magical girls prepare for war!
Just a tad overkill.

you get my vote for this plot idea

I never really followed Negima, so that would mostly be up to you guys, since I have no clue what the concepts even are for it. I'd mostly be getting really bizarre monsters out of shmups as an enemy to face and deal with, though that might change or evolve a bit. Also, something about Russian cyborg magical girls.

Personally, I prefer Hades Project Zeorymer for my Nanoha parodies:

I also have Blaster Tekkaman Nanoha if we need even more insane crossover ideas.

It is worth pointing out that my mention of a chain-smoking 12 year old CO was completely serious. It's actually what I did last time I ran the idea.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Negima basically has...

Lots of different races!
Pactio contracts that make it so that pure melee fighters (or the magically untalented) can fight as 'knights' to the mages! Those are contracts are made by the exchange of bodily fluids, btw.
Badass Latin or Greek incantations! Seriously, go read them.
And fun action combat things!

Hey Rodey! I dropped Negima, again :P.

Do we make this now light or dark or both OO?

Wow, Skys. You're sorta...pls die.

And it's all up to R-9, in the end. And me, if I get to be co-GM. :3

I think I have a character that'd fit perfectly so long as it's not idea #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.