More magical girls! More, I say!

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by R-9 Pilot, Apr 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, I'm not sure I'll manage to go anywhere with this, but an interest check never hurt anyone. So, I might run some sort of magical girl game. But, I'm not sure what kind of magical girl game. So I present you all with a few options.

1. Something dark. Being a magical girl is hard. You fight bizarre monsters, and have to juggle that with your normal life and so-on. Maybe you have some friends and work together, but things can get rather cut-throat and violent. Inspiration from Madoka and Yuki Yuna. Themes eventually also being non-dark are possible.

2. Something Musical. There's power in song. Magical girls wield it. Thematically otherwise normal. Inspiration from Symphogear and Ar Tonelico.

3. Something...military? Magic's commonplace in the world. "Magical girl" is a profession. The men and women (and girls, and boys) of the TSAB fight to protect the worlds from evildoers and outside threats. Your CO is a chain-smoking 12 year old who drinks coffee and alcohol like a fish too keep up with the paperwork. Inspiration from Nanoha and...R-Type?

4. Something happy. I run a game that is as typical "entertainment for young girls" as it gets. The villains are largely comedic an ineffectual. Themes are healing and light. Dark backstories and deep characterization are not expected. Inspiration from Precure.

So, if you're interested, I'd like to know what in, specifically.
  2. 1.3.

• Go Home, You're Drunk Go Home, You're Drunk x 1
  3. Two is masterrace. Go to hell, Skys. Though 2 + 3 = Gold.
  4. My vote is for the first one with both Magical boys and girls!

ヽ(´∇´)ノ (∇´ノ) ヽ(   )ノ (ヽ´∇) ヽ(´∇`)ノ
    #4 Jessica2477, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  5. How did I fucking know.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Casting my vote for #3. Skip out on 2.
  7. Why ask, when the answer is so clear? :3 Though, I guess, to be fair, I can still go full song-modu for pretty much any of the other choices as well.
    • Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 1
    • You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 1
  8. At least with #3, there's room for a smoke filled police precinct lol.
  9. I think 3 would probably get past that pretty quickly if I recall what I did with it last time. It kind of went nuts pretty quickly, but that doesn't meant I couldn't try and control the pace a bit better. Still a lot of the setpieces were in space or similar, later on. Magical girls are like Batman. They can breathe in space.

2 pretty much can be borrowed on a personal level for thematics regardless of anything else, yes. Pretty much ALL of these options would certainly allow for magical boys and girls. Nanoha has them by default. The rest don't really need limits either way.
    • Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 1
  10. Nanoha had them by default, but they faded into obscurity almost instantly...q.q

RIP Yuuno x Nanoha
  11. Yuuno's too strong to be kept in.
    To Davy Jone's locker with you scrubs. Or just right into the ground.
  12. How dare you to even imply that. How dare you to disturb the holy yuri realm of Nanoha x Fate.
  13. I would totally be down for a combination of 2 and 4. I'm feeling something happy and light. But perhaps not too over the top, more towards Heartcatch Precure, somewhat nudging on Sailor Moon.

But that might just be me :/
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Light is fun.
  15. 3 looks like the coolest, but I won't really mind 1 or 4. 2 seems harder to understand though.
  16. Well, 2 is literally using magic via song. Basically, all magical girls are bards.
  17. Well I understand that, but the closest thing to fighting with music that I know about is the Bard class in the anime Log Horizon. It's when they have skills based on music, and it gives power ups or attacks based on the song style. So is it similar to something like that?
  18. 1 and 2 seem like good choices
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.