Morality Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marchosias

Pain and Pleasure 2 sides of the same coin!
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
Eastern Europe timezone
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Scifi, Modern, Thriler, Cyberpunk, Post-Apocal
This one is a litle more detailed then most others, so I thoght I'd put it up! :)

My results:

Moral Attitudes Results
By “moral” we mean those aspects of thought and behavior that relate to commonly accepted notions of right and wrong, and to selfish and unselfish actions. One need not be religious to be “moral,” although religions do tend to espouse moral codes of behavior. We have broken down your results into two sub-categories: political/economic morals and social morals.
trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif

Politically Conservative
53/47 Politically Liberal

Socially Conservative
44/56 Socially Liberal

Overall Conservative
58/42 Overall Liberal
Based on your answers to the previous questions, your overall score on a conservative/liberal dimension of moral attitudes--compared with the general population--puts your percentile at 48, with the 99th percentile indicating the most liberal possible rating. Another way of explaining this is to say that out of 100 randomly-selected people, you will most likely be more liberal than 48 of them.
  • Your values are neither extremely traditional nor particularly progressive.
  • When it comes to social morals, you feel that society's current laws need to be more flexible in some areas.
  • You believe that the government's current positions are generally acceptable, but you would prefer it to change several of its policies and practices.

Personality Survey Results
trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif

Closed-Minded
94/6 Open to New Experiences

Disorganized
13/87 Conscientious

Introverted
25/75 Extraverted

Disagreeable
99/1 Agreeable

Calm / Relaxed
80/20 Nervous / High-Strung
There has been much research on how people describe others, and five major dimensions of human personality have been found. They are often referred to as the OCEAN model of personality, because of the acronym from the names of the five dimensions. Your specific personality indicates that the following attributes will most likely describe you well:
  • You prefer traditional and familiar experiences.
  • You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon.
  • You are relatively social and enjoy the company of others.
  • You find it easy to criticize others.
  • You probably remain calm, even in tense situations.
If not for the stupid tendency for so many choises hinging on vhether or not I belive in god (vhich I dont), I expect my conservative score wuld have been alot higher. Lol just because I dont belive in god dont mean I'm a liberal! :P Anoying stereotype grrrrr...

Last edited:
By “moral” we mean those aspects of thought and behavior that relate to commonly accepted notions of right and wrong, and to selfish and unselfish actions. One need not be religious to be “moral,” although religions do tend to espouse moral codes of behavior. We have broken down your results into two sub-categories: political/economic morals and social morals.

Politically Conservative
6%
Politically Liberal
Socially Conservative
43%
Socially Liberal
Overall Conservative
51%
Overall Liberal

Based on your answers to the previous questions, your overall score on a conservative/liberal dimension of moral attitudes--compared with the general population--puts your percentile at 51, with the 99th percentile indicating the most liberal possible rating. Another way of explaining this is to say that out of 100 randomly-selected people, you will most likely be more liberal than 51 of them.
Your values are neither extremely traditional nor particularly progressive.
When it comes to social morals, you feel that society's current laws need to be more flexible in some areas.
You believe that the government's current positions are balanced, fair, and just.

Closed-Minded
24%
Open to New Experiences
Disorganized
47%
Conscientious
Introverted
9%
Extraverted
Disagreeable
5%
Agreeable
Calm / Relaxed
7%
Nervous / High-Strung

There has been much research on how people describe others, and five major dimensions of human personality have been found. They are often referred to as the OCEAN model of personality, because of the acronym from the names of the five dimensions. Your specific personality indicates that the following attributes will most likely describe you well:
You are somewhat conventional.
You are neither organized or disorganized.
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone.
You find it easy to criticize others.
You probably remain calm, even in tense situations.

The test you have just taken is designed to measure your moral attitudes, particularly as they relate to your religious and cultural background. We've also included results about your personality, as measured by the ‘Big Five’ survey. Your results are explained below, followed by further discusion about this test.
Moral Attitudes Results

Politically Conservative/Liberal 77%
Socially Conservative/Liberal 92%
Overall Conservative/Liberal 77%

You tend to hold progressive/liberal values, but are more traditional on some aspects.Based on your answers to the previous questions, your overall score on a conservative/liberal dimension of moral attitudes--compared with the general population--puts your percentile at 77, with the 99th percentile indicating the most liberal possible rating. Another way of explaining this is to say that out of 100 randomly-selected people, you will most likely be more liberal than 77 of them.
  • When it comes to social morals, you feel that society's current laws are too restrictive and are much too conservative.
  • You believe that government is too conservative and would prefer it to change several of its political and practices.

Close-Minded/Open-Minded 12%
Disorganized/Conscientious 8%
Introverted/Extraverted 15%
Disagreeable/Agreeable 6%
Calm-Relaxed/Nervous-High Strung 76%
  • You probably have a messy desk!
  • You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone.
  • You tend to become anxious or nervous.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't shake this suspicion that those questions asking about if you were religious, and your likelihood of believing in God and being at Church influenced the Closeminded/Openminded scale, rather than you know, factoring that it was based on Science.

Other than that the results seem rather accurate.

Last edited:

You tend to hold progressive/liberal values, but are more traditional on some aspects.Based on your answers to the previous questions, your overall score on a conservative/liberal dimension of moral attitudes--compared with the general population--puts your percentile at 76, with the 99th percentile indicating the most liberal possible rating. Another way of explaining this is to say that out of 100 randomly-selected people, you will most likely be more liberal than 76 of them.
  • When it comes to social morals, you feel that society's current laws are too restrictive and are much too conservative.
  • You believe that government is too conservative and would prefer it to change several of its political and practices.

You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways.There has been much research on how people describe others, and five major dimensions of human personality have been found. They are often referred to as the OCEAN model of personality, because of the acronym from the names of the five dimensions. Your specific personality indicates that the following attributes will most likely describe you well:
  • You probably have a messy desk!
  • You tend to shy away from social situations.
  • You tend to become anxious or nervous.
Pretty accurate. Guess I can call myself a liberal. The messy desk is defiantly true (good lord maybe I should just fucking burn the damn thing), but the criticize others is not so true. I tend to go into things with a rather open mind and give people a chance unless they themselves, not by word of mouth, have given me a good reason to question everything they do, say and act.

The quote below (@Gen. Magic Senpai) I happen to agree with though.

I can't shake this suspicion that those questions asking about if you were religious, and your likelihood of believing in God and being at Church influenced the Closeminded/Openminded scale, rather than you know, factoring that it was based on Science.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did this test on iPhone, big mistake -_-

political liberal 5
socially liberal 5
overall consertitive 9

Makes sense. With politics/social stuff, I'm super liberal. BUT we also gotta be more consertitive just in case

• You prefer traditional values and are not very tolerant of different views.
  • When it comes to social morals, you feel that society's current laws need to be more liberal and flexibile across the board.

Close minded 8
I know WHY it says that, though I think it's using it wrong XP you can be close minded, and be open to new things at the same time

Conscientious 9
Introverted 2
Agreeable 2
Calm/relaxed 7

• You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon.
  • You tend to shy away from social situations.
  • You are neither extremely forgiving nor irritable.
  • You probably remain calm, even in tense situations.

Close minded 8
I know WHY it says that, though I think it's using it wrong XP you can be close minded, and be open to new things at the same time
Close-minded VS Open-minded is a constant confusion I find among people, to the point I once had a Philosophy teacher who also noticed it and brought it up in class.
People will constantly confuse a standard for evidence with being close-minded, while confusing being gullible with being open-minded.

The idea being if you don't instantly accept new ideas you're close minded, and that to be open minded you need to accept new ideas at basically face value.
The issue here though is that if you were truly 'open-minded' under this line of reasoning you'd never have set of arguments or views that stick around for too long, because you'd constantly be flip-flopping as soon as someone else voices a different viewpoint.

Which get's further compounded/confusing when people are engaged in discussion, debate etc.
If someone's trying to persuade another person and they're not being swayed right away (evidence isn't good enough, time needed to think about it etc.) it's a natural reaction for the person to lose their temper and simply go "You need to just listen! Gosh you're so close-minded!".

Status
Not open for further replies.