Moonlit World Casual IC - The town of Endor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"And that is exactly the right attitude to have, sir. Follow me, please, they're in the back grazing right now. They're nocturnal, you see."

She led him around back and whistled softly to her breeding pair of Thestrals, which came trotting up, wings mostly furled but assisting to make their steps extra light.

tumblr_ngymfumoom1u1vo97o1_500.gif

"They're quite gentle, actually. Moreso than a regular horse, I expect. You can see them, I hope?"
"Damned things are right in front of my eyes. How couldn't I?"

He eyed the one closest with the air of a man in deep thought before speaking gruffly.

"Used to be a common sight, back in 'Nam. Omen of death we called it. We discovered later that they were just glorified vultures and shooed em when we could. When it was clear not everyone could see em, we decided as a whole not to ask any questions and tell no lies. Less savage then I recall though. What do you feed em?"

@Michale CS

"Unless you've seen death, you can't see a Thestral. And... birds mostly. I buy chicken in town, but they forage for themselves fairly well. Gophers, squirrels, the occasional raccoon." She remarked casually.

"They're quite loyal and gentle, despite being meat eaters. They seem to know which animals are bothersome to humans and focus on them. Quite intelligent, I suspect."

Luna shrugged and looked at the Father again. "I know this seems quite fantastical, but I would really appreciate it if ever you did see something strange, to tell me or Mr.Riddle would you?"

@Ringmaster

"Unless you've seen death, you can't see a Thestral. And... birds mostly. I buy chicken in town, but they forage for themselves fairly well. Gophers, squirrels, the occasional raccoon." She remarked casually.

"They're quite loyal and gentle, despite being meat eaters. They seem to know which animals are bothersome to humans and focus on them. Quite intelligent, I suspect."

Luna shrugged and looked at the Father again. "I know this seems quite fantastical, but I would really appreciate it if ever you did see something strange, to tell me or Mr.Riddle would you?"

@Ringmaster
"Ahhh-HA! I knew that man was a witch!"

He cheered up enormously, ponderous in his victory.

"Well of course, um...Don't suppose you two have phones, do you?"

@Michale CS

"Well of course, um...Don't suppose you two have phones, do you?"
"First of all the proper term is wizard, regardless of gender, though witch is still commonly used for females, and I do not know if Mr. Riddle has one. And please just tell him of what you found, not that I've told you anything about him. Which I have not, technically, only that I suggested you speak to him if you see anything odd. I however, do have a phone. I asked the lady in the store for one I could talk to in order to get it to work and I got one with a cute picture of an apple on the back. I've it here somewhere..." She fiddled around in her pockets, pulling out far too many things than would normally fit in said pockets, putting each thing back in until she found the iPhone.

"Her name is Siri. The name is rather like a name a friend of mine had. Here." Luna handed the phone to him. "Tell her your name and phone number or... do whatever finger waggling you lot do to get your name and phone address in there, would you?"

When he looked at Luna's iPhone, the front page was covered in shortcuts to various game apps, mostly related to farming or raising animals. Thankfully she hadn't altered the bottom four icons and there was a fairly easy way to add himself to the contact list, since he knew his way around phones.

@Ringmaster

"Kinda noodlely, are you? Alright, c'mon then. Trick is to grip it underneath like- So!"

And picking it up easily, she looked around and added.

"You got something to put this in, or were you planning on carrying it home? Don't think I've seen you around either."
"Hehe.."

Sam had indeed been hiding from Stephanie the entire time. Perhaps it had been his childish nature getting the best of him or he simply enjoyed frustrating the teenage girl. Sam wasn't telling, though his giggles were a sure fire sign that it was the latter. But what was this? A new face intruding in on his home? Well, everyone was entitled to one good scare every Halloween! Quietly crawling among the pumpkins, it wasn't until Sam was close to the two that he jumped up!

vB5UOI8.jpg

"Boo! Hahahahah!"

Of course, he had already used the whole 'boo!' trick with Stephanie. But this was a new person! He just hoped his frightening attempt wouldn't cause that pumpkin to fall! That was the last thing Sam wanted!

@Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9

sidled over and popped a gum bubble as she gave him a piercing look. It wasn't her day with faces it seemed, as she eyed him over without a glance of recognition. If Miles had lived in this place though, he'd have heard of her. Stephanie Voorhees...Local goth. Worked at her foster fathers butcher shop and had a weird, otherworldly air to her that manifested in the little things. The way she could stare daggers right through a person, her habit of being incredibly still whenever she wanted...But mostly, the way people seemed to shun her. If asked, the most they'd say was that she was weird. And somewhat creepy at that, which was displaying itself as she looked at him, mentally assessing his arms before she blew another bubble. As it cracked in the fall air, she finally spoke.

"Kinda noodlely, are you? Alright, c'mon then. Trick is to grip it underneath like- So!"

And picking it up easily, she looked around and added.

"You got something to put this in, or were you planning on carrying it home? Don't think I've seen you around either
Miles paused, not commenting on how she had lifted it easily and he wasn't sure what he wanted to do. He hadn't thought that far ahead and he paused, thinking about it for a brief second. " I may have forgotten to think that far ahead," he muttered to her.

He jumped when the little boy yelled boo.

@Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits

"Hehe.."

Sam had indeed been hiding from Stephanie the entire time. Perhaps it had been his childish nature getting the best of him or he simply enjoyed frustrating the teenage girl. Sam wasn't telling, though his giggles were a sure fire sign that it was the latter. But what was this? A new face intruding in on his home? Well, everyone was entitled to one good scare every Halloween! Quietly crawling among the pumpkins, it wasn't until Sam was close to the two that he jumped up!

vB5UOI8.jpg

"Boo! Hahahahah!"

Of course, he had already used the whole 'boo!' trick with Stephanie. But this was a new person! He just hoped his frightening attempt wouldn't cause that pumpkin to fall! That was the last thing Sam wanted!

@Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9
Miles paused, not commenting on how she had lifted it easily and he wasn't sure what he wanted to do. He hadn't thought that far ahead and he paused, thinking about it for a brief second. " I may have forgotten to think that far ahead," he muttered to her.

He jumped when the little boy yelled boo.

Stephanie stared.

Slowly, a pink bubblegum-bubble grew before she popped it, the loud crack in the Autumn air making her contemplative.

Finally she smiled and putting the pumpkin down, reached a hand over to ruffle the head of Sam fondly.

The smile did much to change her features, brightening her entire visage as she said dryly.

"You got that dork good."

To Miles, she drawled.

"What, never saw a kid with a mask yell boo before?"

@Chewy Rabbits @LuckycoolHawk9

Miles was silent for a moment.

He hadn't been paying much attention, so he had been taken by surprise when the young kid had shouted boo to him too

Miles stared and wondered if she knew the thing that had scared him. He looked over at her for a moment.

He wasn't sure why, but he wasn't sure how he should reply to her at the moment either as it would seem.

Jax, his friend was the nerdy kid indeed.

" Well, yes. I have been sheltered from... dangerous stuff, due to my ummm... condition," he said.

Finally she smiled and putting the pumpkin down, reached a hand over to ruffle the head of Sam fondly.

The smile did much to change her features, brightening her entire visage as she said dryly.

"You got that dork good."

To Miles, she drawled.

"What, never saw a kid with a mask yell boo before?"
9uiYC2Y.png

"Hehehehe.."

It was the holiday for scares and who better to provide them than him? The spirit of Halloween itself! Getting some light-hearted praise from the girl was also welcome in Sam's eyes. Someone who could appreciate some good ol Halloween fun was alright in the spirit's book. Though as the boy he scared went on to mention some kind of condition, Sam waved it off.

Condition, smition, everyone could enjoy a good 'boo!' Though, to show that there was no ill will between Miles and himself, Sam waddled forward. Holding out a gloved hand towards him, Sam tilted his head to the side. "Heh..."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.