Moonlit World Case File - The Devil Went Down To Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a little more than ten minutes before Patricia emerged from the rear of the place, wearing a v-neck t-shirt and baggy shorts. She flopped down on the couch and looked over at Lucifer.

"You know you can trust taking food from me, right? We've worked together before." she gave him a quizzical look.

"Anyway, you said you're here asking for my help as the Lady's representative? What's up?"

@Saint Guillotine

"Sorry Patricia."

Looking suitably chastened, Lucifer explained himself.

"Its been a long day and I'm just trying to be careful. I trust you- its your boss that worries me and if I deal with you as Her representative, I prefer not to take chances."

He was rarely paranoid to this extent... Which was an indication about how much this case weighed on him.

"I'm here for very particular information. What would I pay to get it?"

@Michale CS

"Information. Well, that depends on what it is exactly. Let's just make it easy and say part of the price for your answers is telling me the questions before I decide if I can provide the answers prior to talking with my Lady. That way at least I know what I'm dealing with, you get the friend discount, and only if it's something I think I need to talk to her first about will I deny you the answers - provided I have them. Sound reasonable enough?" She crossed her legs and leaned forward, intrigued by the conversation but also - probably on purpose - providing a clear line of sight down her shirt for Lucifer, which gave him the information that she was not in fact wearing undergarments.

@Saint Guillotine

"Muses, Huntresses, Changelings, Tieflings, Wizards and one contract assassin. God save me from strong, confident women. Despite making me grit my teeth, I still could think. It was actually more then I expected, with no catch I could see. Patricia was doing all she could to help."

"It'd be in poor taste to repay by looking down her shirt."

"..... Twice anyway."

"So sue me, I was thirsty and not blind."

"Alright. And the other part of the price?"

@Michale CS

"I was hoping to tell you that after you asked me what you wanted, cause it's going to be hard for me to judge what if anything to charge for what you're asking. But... fine. Next time I need some extra help on a task for my Lady, I can call you in, no questions asked. Fair enough?"

She was banking on her reputation as a fellow monster-hunter and representative of the Seelie Court that Lucifer would agree to that.

@Saint Guillotine

Last edited:
"Deal."

"Let me put it this way. Never, ever, EVER put yourself under an open favor to a Fae. Thats just asking for trouble."

"First, I'm looking for the people responsible for this-bar that, the most likely collective of folk who reek of the Infernal that I can get answers."

He took out the emblem picture, showing it as he explained his day and filled in the gaps.

@Michale CS

"Deal."

"Let me put it this way. Never, ever, EVER put yourself under an open favor to a Fae. Thats just asking for trouble."

"First, I'm looking for the people responsible for this-bar that, the most likely collective of folk who reek of the Infernal that I can get answers."

He took out the emblem picture, showing it as he explained his day and filled in the gaps.

@Michale CS
"If that was used more than once, it would have a very traceable signature for me. I'll have to go to the site where it was used and cast a ritual. That also may give me some more insight into who did this, but I'll be vulnerable for about ten minutes during it. Also whatever it is, is very durable." She leaned back and sat cross-legged.

@Saint Guillotine

"Anything like that showed up on your Ladies radar? I can't imagine something that powerful slipping unknown into the city, right under Her nose."

Lucifer remarked thoughtfully, at ease in his own posture.

@Michale CS

"Anything like that showed up on your Ladies radar? I can't imagine something that powerful slipping unknown into the city, right under Her nose."

Lucifer remarked thoughtfully, at ease in his own posture.

@Michale CS
"Nothing that required my attention, at least that She's told me. I can bring this to her. That's... a little bit of a process. I'll put my usual feelers out, discretely, and arrange a meeting with my Lady. I'll meet you tomorrow at your office with what I've managed to dig up?" She reached over and grabbed her cell phone, her fingers flying as she sent out some texts to her own contacts.

@Saint Guillotine

"Nothing that required my attention, at least that She's told me. I can bring this to her. That's... a little bit of a process. I'll put my usual feelers out, discretely, and arrange a meeting with my Lady. I'll meet you tomorrow at your office with what I've managed to dig up?" She reached over and grabbed her cell phone, her fingers flying as she sent out some texts to her own contacts.

@Saint Guillotine

"One more thing- Could you look up a name for me too? Her name is Aaliyah Al-Fadil. Janni. That should be enough to assist."

"I know what you're thinking- I was just covering all my bases. Better safe and feeling guilty over ignorant."

Lucifer hesitated before asking.

"Um... Is there anything I can do for you?"

It was a risk doing so to a Fae touched, but it was a way to express his gratitude as well.

@Michale CS

"One more thing- Could you look up a name for me too? Her name is Aaliyah Al-Fadil. Janni. That should be enough to assist."
"Sure. I can do that. There's not many of that race around, shouldn't be hard to ferret out." She nodded.

"Um... Is there anything I can do for you?"

It was a risk doing so to a Fae touched, but it was a way to express his gratitude as well.
"Oh... well... That's a loaded question. But, as it happens, I do have one thing I'd like you to do. And you can say no if you want. I know you like being impartial." She stood and went to a cabinet, bringing out what looked like a small porcelain sculpture of a butterfly.

"If you could go into the Troll Market, a bar called Trouble's End, and just... leave it there somewhere, after pressing on the underside, just here." She showed him the bottom of the thing.

"And yes, this is literally a bug. My Lady would like to know what people are saying in this establishment, but we can't really get in there. The place is laced with cold iron and silver, and they even use essence of lemon in the potpourri in there. Any place that so blatantly tries to keep Fae out concerns my Lady greatly. I haven't been able to stand getting inside far enough to put this somewhere meaningful. It'll go invisible after it's activated. If you don't want to get involved, that's fine. I can always charm a goblin but I really hate going down the mind control and doctored memories route. I don't want that done to me, so I try not to do it to anyone else - who doesn't deserve it."

@Saint Guillotine

"Troubles End."

"Our world might have been separated from the Mundane, but good ol'fashioned racism would always be in style. Humans and near humans only, no one else allowed. The trouble with them too, was that they had a point according to a lot of folk. No one wants their child kidnapped by Fae, or eaten by werewolves or enthralled by vampires. But times were different and not all creatures were alike. We didn't decide to kill all humans because of Hitler or the Ripper. And at this point, things had finally settled into an uneasy peace that a war would shatter like cheap glass. How many would pay for a new war or terrorist act? Patricia? Carol? Willow for her association with Akela or any number of innocent folk? To say nothing of the role each played... No. The players might change, but by and large we were all stuck with each other in the long term."

"We just had to make the best of it."

Without hesitation, Lucifer took the bug and nodded as he rose to his feet.

"I'll do it. Patricia? You be safe now, alright?"

@Michale CS

Without hesitation, Lucifer took the bug and nodded as he rose to his feet.

"I'll do it. Patricia? You be safe now, alright?"
"I'm rarely safe, but I'm always wary." She handed him the bug and stretched. "I've got another appointment coming in soon. Thankfully it's the last of the day after that-"

Then the doorbell rang. "Ah, she's early. Oh, she might be able to help too. If you want to let her in on this."

Patricia let her next client in, who immediately stopped and looked Lucifer over, from head to foot in an obviously sexual manner.

PhADr.jpg

"Whoa. If I had known your other clients were this hot I would have shown up early long ago."
The girl fairly oozed Infernal. It was obvious she was at least partly demon or devil to his senses.

"Lucifer, this is Cynthia. Long time client of mine, and troubleshooter like me." Patricia said.

"Lucifer? Love the name. And, troubleshooter? Eh, I guess that fits. So, is our appointment delayed or...?" Cynthia asked.

"That depends. Lucifer might have some questions for you." The Faetouched explained.

"Is that so? Here, or over drinks? Please say over drinks."

@Saint Guillotine

"I palmed the butterfly discreetly, standing in a relaxed pose as I gave the newcomer as frank a look as she gave me. Felt a lot like Carol, except the spice was more prominent with a touch of smokey. I couldn't tell quite yet if she was Tiefling or not, but it was clear that if she was halfblood, she used her abilities a lot. It differs, some Fae touched like Patricia feel like the haze of summer or the sharp smell of snow. Others oozed sexuality or brimstone. Me? My eyes take on various shades of red and I become creepy or so I've been told."

"Can't say it hasn't come in handy, but not much of a chance to get on anyones Christmas card list either."

"I'm on the clock right now, but when this is over I'd be happy to do so. Right now, I'd rather not take up your valuable time. For now, my question depends on how in tune you are with the Infernal Rumor mill"

@Michale CS

"I'm on the clock right now, but when this is over I'd be happy to do so. Right now, I'd rather not take up your valuable time. For now, my question depends on how in tune you are with the Infernal Rumor mill"
Cynthia laughed. "Honey, I am the Infernal rumor mill. What can I do you for?"

@Saint Guillotine

"Ooh. What the fuck is that?" She leaned in and looked closely. "Oh fuck, he really did it. The motherfucker did it. Unbelievable." Cynthia paced around a little.

"Location, who the fuck knows, it depends on who he's possessing right now, but the name? Seere. Prince Seere. And the worst fucking part about this?"

She sighed and shook her head. "He's my fucking dad."

Patricia spoke up then. "Your father, a demon Prince, is possessing someone here in New York and you didn't say anything about it? Why, Cynthia?"

"One he's my dad, and two, until I saw that symbol, something he hid from me on purpose, he had me under a Geas. Fuck me running. I thought he was just BSing me about this. Listen... give me like... an hour. I'll put out some feelers and figure out where he's been seen around. He'll trust me, especially since he thinks I can't say a fucking thing about it. He put that spell on me while I was looking at a prototype of that symbol, and with a Geas, you have to specify a condition that breaks it. Easy, he figures, until she sees the symbol again, and I just won't ever fucking show it to her again! Oh he's such an asshole. I knew he wanted to get some more status this time around but... This is bullshit. You can't go around sucking random-"

She raised the finger on one hand. "East Jersey State Prison. That has to be where he's going to test this shit out. I gotta get out of here, see how far along he is. Not sure how he'll get a man on the inside, but at least I can get you a face for the name. Do me one favor though, when you take his shit out, let me be there? I want him to know that his girl helped beat his ass. It'll... keep him off of me for awhile."

"Demon society is weird." Patricia remarked.

"Yeah and the Faeries are normal. Anything else or can I get outta here and start working on this shit?"

@Saint Guillotine

That was either an exceedingly fortunate coincidence or God was still with Lucifer. At any rate, it was an immense stroke of luck and Lucifer would be pleased. He rose to leave and spoke.

"Nothing else. But whatever you do find out, bring them to me at my address tomorrow. Patricia said she'd be there in the morning, so it'll be great for all of us to compare notes. Myself, its been a long day so I'm going to the Troll Market and then to bed. Thanks you two."

"Coincidence or fate, cases rarely end up this neat for me. Everything lies or has something to hide, but here everyone was practically falling over to tell me what I needed."

"Which I found suspicious in and of itself. At this point, someone or something would have tried to protect itself. Or perhaps I was just that good?"

"I walked and flew to the Market entrance, eschewing a taxi. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean a demon doesn't want to eat your face. In comparison to the murder errand, this last bit of work for the night would be easy."

"I was wrong."

@Michale CS

"Which I found suspicious in and of itself. At this point, someone or something would have tried to protect itself. Or perhaps I was just that good?"

"I walked and flew to the Market entrance, eschewing a taxi. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean a demon doesn't want to eat your face. In comparison to the murder errand, this last bit of work for the night would be easy."

"I was wrong."

@Michale CS
Once he got inside the Troll Market proper, an old woman, who was sweeping in front of her fortune telling shop, stopped her sweeping and turned toward Lucifer.

"It's not Seere." she said in a strange voice that sounded like a dozen voices speaking at once, then went back to sweeping as if she'd not said anything at all.

The rest of the market hustled and bustled the way it should, and no one seemed to react overly to him, or to the woman. Everything appeared pretty normal, with a centaur arguing with, apparently a blacksmith, about the fit of the shoes he'd bought from him.

@Saint Guillotine

Status
Not open for further replies.