Moon Rise

Good job. You get a cookie.

*Hands Asmo a tin of sugar cookies*

-___-

You're up first Osso. You screw this up, and everyone's confusion is on your head!

YOURS!

*runs off to his bedroom*

Well, I think it'd be helpful if you went and made the IC thread first. Good to see that this is starting, by the way, as I do enjoy the experimental RP's that you make.

One question: I would need a reason as to why Marielle - much less her superiors - would be interested in the political struggles of a species they look down on (humans were once Shastinian subjects)

I may be able to get the IC up tomorrow. We'll start with Margo's story, as she's gonna be the leader type. Hopefully a action-packed gunfight will be a good example of a mini-chapter.

*second-guesses the rest of Tegan's bio like a goodly husband*

So, Ozzie runs the show for her chapter, and we all play whatever parts she needs to look badass.

Just let us know what you need, Ozzie.

There's no pressure for anyone to post in these mini-chapters. You can skip if you want and just wait for your own turn to come around.

Anyone who doesn't feel comfortable with this experiment, let me know.

Asmo, you know I never finish a bio. You'll be lucky to get a reference picture. :D

HOLYSHITTHISWILLBEFUN

One question: I would need a reason as to why Marielle - much less her superiors - would be interested in the political struggles of a species they look down on (humans were once Shastinian subjects)

Possibly because the Kepler Foundation is a human supremacist organization, developing some of the most advanced tech in the galaxy, and any attempt to topple their fascist rule over one of the most populated planets in the system would be to the Shastinian's advantage. Remember Horizon is the center for Human scientific advancement, and the Kepler Foundation is convinced that humans are on the cusp of being the dominant species in the galaxy. The Kepler Foundation believes they will be the driving force for human dominance. The Shastinians would be smart to keep an eye on them, especially since The Kepler Foundation most likely views the Shastinians as Humanity's only rival in the galaxy.

Just some thoughts. I was going to explain The Kepler Foundation a bit more in my intro, but looking at it now that isn't a very good idea.

Eee, I'm excited to start! Let's hope I don't screw up my chapter opening.

Do you mean the Shastinians once enslaved humanity at some point in their history?

If so, that's a plot point we need everyone to be aware of.

Should I write up a better description of The Kepler Foundation? or will talking about them throughout the story work?

Yeah, just develop them as you go. No biggie.

At one time, the Shastinians controlled a vast, interstellar empire, at one time even occupying Earth itself during the early 21st century. Eventually, humanity rose up and overthrew thier Shastinian overlords, beginning the steady decline of the Empire.

I hope that clarifies things. You can interpret "occupy" as you wish, but I'm basically saying the Shastinians once controlled Earth and introduced interstellar travel and politics to humans.

Hmm, so mixed feelings.

*hands out the racism cards to all the human players*

So everyone remember that the Shastinians played a huge part in human history, for better or worse.

It all depends, I guess, on whether the humans still remember the Shastinian occupation enough to be emotionally affected by it. As I've written it, humanity is in the latter half of the 21st Century, while the occupation occurred during the earlier half, which means a generation could have passed in between. I mean, sure, they'll learn about it in History, but unless some Shastinians stayed around to live peaceable lives on Earth, they'd probably just be some folks out there who persecuted Earth folks at some point, and that'd be the extent of it.

Of course, if there were still Shastinians on Earth after Earth's independence, I could see where the prejudice could sink in, so it's all a matter of how we write it, I guess.

Okay, we're rocking.

http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/showthread.php?t=7107

Ozzie, you post next. If you can start your post with a title that'd be cool.

Something like: "The Story of Margo: Gunfight at the Blah-de-Blah" or "Margo's Story: An Unwelcome Prophecy"

Wow. This is really a formal role play! Most role plays I've been in start when the characters meet up, and posts come in the order the participants log on. This is quite interesting.

Yeah, I like my roleplays to run like movies.

Plus, most roleplays die during the meet-up phase. Too much clumsy character interaction goes on and then the GM tries to bring in the plot with equally clumsy exposition posts. One side always loses out and the whole thing runs out of steam. I'm hoping I can get each of you really excited about your characters whilst maintaining hints of an overarching plot in the background. And the mini-chapters will also allow us to see the kind of style and storyline we each are comfortable with. I want this to be a combination of everything we love in sci-fi.

*rambles on into the early hours*

Okay, since Ozzie is busy we're starting with Palonis's mini-chapter.

The basic plot is the Captain goes nuts and orders Steven and his men to round up the survey team on the moon. The survey team refuse to cooperate, and in anger the Captain takes his fleet and sets off on a crazy plan to invade another moon. Unable to stomach this madness, Steven bails out in an escape pod and crashes on Govad, hence leading us into Cammy's story.

So if anyone wants to post to help us achieve that plot, go for it. All of the NPCs Palonis mentioned are up for grabs.

Check out my post for an example of what you can do. It's short, snappy, and advances Steven's plot for him.

Let me know if you want ideas for posts.

The Captain is getting sick of the Survey Team not finding raw materials on his moon. So instead he's gonna order an invasion of another moon, to forcibly take those materials.

It goes without saying, that the Captain is not in his right mind. The "Darkness" has something to do with this.