Moon and Night (tateisnotonfire and kryptonicangel

Status
Not open for further replies.
S H A N N O N ♦ W I N T E R S

"Of course I'll go in with you," he said quietly.

The police quickly arrived. They questioned Athena, Shannon, Lucas and Evangeline, who all gave truthful recounts of what happened. As Shannon was usually a model citizen, and he had acted in defence for Athena, he got off with a warning for beating the crap out of Zane. Genevieve and Evangeline took an extra moment to tell the police about Evangeline's friends, who would also be taken in for questioning.

"Someone should drive her home," said Evangeline, nodding towards Athena.

"Yes," Genevieve agreed. "Shannon, you're suspended for five days for fighting, so can you drive her home? I'm sorry, Mr Dolan, but you'll have to return to class."

"Sure," said Shannon. Evangeline tossed him the keys to her Ferrari, which he caught one-handed, with his other arm still holding Athena close. He walked her to Evangeline's car, helped her into the passenger seat and quickly climbed in to the other side. He began to drive, but without a destination in mind. "I'm guessing you don't want to go home right now," he said.

A T H E N A ♥ B E L V I D E R E

Lucas returned himself to class as he was told but stopped to text his sister a feel better message before continuing on his way.

Athena shook her head in response as she felt her phone vibrate in her lap. Lucas was such a good brother. "I most definitely don't want to go home.. No one is home except for the she-devil." She spoke in a very quiet tone as if she was trying not to disturb someone. Being in the car made her somewhat comfortable with the leathery seats and the pleasant smell. Her body felt just as numb as her mind as if it was fighting that the whole thing happened. "Can we go to your house..?" She asked softly almost like she wanted to take back the words as she said it.

Going to her own home made her feel unsafe and she didn't want to be apart from him while she felt vulnerable. Knowing that he couldn't exactly step foot into her house didn't help the case either. The only place she could really go was somewhere in town, but she didn't want to be near others at the time, or his house. "I understand if we can't." She said as she looked out the window.

"Of course we can," said Shannon. He checked the time on the car's dashboard; eleven-thirty a.m. They had a few hours before Evangeline came home.

He quickly drove back to his house, parked Evangeline's car in its usual spot and helped Athena out of the car. He held her hand as they walked inside the huge, grand kitchen, up the stairs and to his bedroom, because he guessed she would feel comfortable in the only room Evangeline almost never came into. He sat her on his bed and fiddled with the air conditioner's controller until a warmer breeze was coming out of it, warming Athena up because he knew she was slightly in shock.

"Do you want me to get you a drink or anything?" he asked her. The last time Shannon had had a guest over was when he was still with Kasey. She had really only come over for one thing.

He sat beside Athena on the bed. Shannon did not know what to do. How did he care for someone who had just experienced such a traumatic event?

Athena blushed mildly knowing how childish her answer was going to sound but it was her favorite drink of all time. She preferred to keep it a secret but she needed the extra comfort. "C-Can I have some apple juice.. Please? And some strawberries? I really like them.." She bit her lip a bit embarrassed that she still had her childhood obsession with apple juice. It reminded her of simpler, happier times before her father got remarried.

She paused for a moment looking around Shannon's room, silently taking note of the way it looked. For a male bedroom everything was surprisingly clean and well organized. She closed her eyes and took in the scent of everything around her. Since it was his room everything smelled just like him but it brought a sort of comfort to her. "Also can I borrow a shirt..." She reopened her eyes and looked right to Shannon almost pleadingly.

Shannon nodded, crossed to his wardrobe, pulled out a clean grey V-neck and handed it to her. "I'll be right back with your apple juice," he said quietly. He waited until the door was closed to start moving at vampire speed; he didn't want to scare her.

Surprisingly, they actually had apple juice and strawberries. Shannon had no idea why. He tried to remember if Genevieve had organised a meeting at their home. He knew Evangeline had friends over occasionally. Shannon waited a few minutes to make sure Athena had changed before he returned to his room with a huge glass of amber apple juice and an even bigger bowl of fresh strawberries.

He handed her the glass and put the bowl on the pristine white sheets. "I don't even know why I have a bed. I can't sleep," he noted, sitting beside her, but a respectable distance away so she did not feel uncomfortable. "How are you feeling?" he asked her. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Athena only shook her head as she took a sip of the apple juice. If anything could make her happy it was apple juice and strawberries. Now strawberries dipped in chocolate meant that it must have been a special occasion. "You've already done so much." She curled her legs up onto the bed so that she could be in a more comfortable position, glass still firmly in hand.

"Sometimes I wish I could do certain things but I can't and I know I'm not supposed to and I always end up either doing it anyway or regretting not doing it." A small tear slid down her cheek but she caught it before she could let herself cry. "You know I'm not even supposed to be near you? Yet you got suspended because of me and here I am in your fancy house, wearing your clothes, on your comfy bed.." Her voice staggered as she took another sip of the apple juice.

"No," said Shannon insistently. He wrapped her in another hug. "You did not get me suspended. I was suspended of my own free will, and to be honest, I'd go back and pulverise that guy a million times over if it meant you were safe." Without thinking, he kissed her on the side of the forehead. "Just don't worry about it. It's Thursday anyway, meaning I technically only miss three days of school. Not that that really matters either."

He was rambling to try and distract her from what had happened. "If you manage to sneak out on the weekend we can go back to the meadow ... or to the beach again ... there's a little island somewhere off the coast, I can swim you out there, maybe ... "

Shannon began to fiddle with her hair again. "I'm sorry you're getting in trouble with your parents because of me," he mumbled. "I mean, my sister hates me right now, but to be honest, you're worth it."

Her lips curled into a slight smile seeing how hard he was trying to cheer her up. It was a pleasant gesture and she appreciated it more than anything. "My father will get over it. He's a reasonable man. In fact, he wasn't angry when we came back from London. He just hugged me and sent me off to bed." She placed the cup on the nightstand so she could shift her position to sitting on her knees. Even though they were both sitting he was still taller than her unless she was to stand up on her knees.

"I like the beach. I can definitely sneak out. You're talking to the stealthiest person ever here." She said as she leaned forward so she could lay down on his lap. Athena was quite flexible despite how it may seem. She can do splits and all sorts of strange bends because of it. "I guess I really am a wolf. I feel like a lap dog, but I kind of like it if that means that you'll keep rubbing my head." She spoke jokingly but it had some truth to it. She did want him to continue playing with her hair. Athena reached out behind and grabbed a strawberry from the bowl, popping one into her mouth.

Shannon chuckled. "If you insist," he laughed, continuing to play with her hair. "It's good to see you getting happier."

Shannon kept unwavering eye contact with Athena, mostly because he found himself unable to look away. "You're very beautiful," he said quietly. "I know you hear that all the time, but I'm not saying it because I want to get into your pants or something. I mean it. So beautiful." And he meant it. The only person he had ever called beautiful before was Evangeline, and he meant it in a brotherly way. He hadn't even called Kasey beautiful, because she wasn't. She was hot, but she had an ugly personality.

Athena was beautiful in every way, from her face to her body, to her personality to her temperament. Shannon fed off of her energy like she was a source of electricity and he was a simple appliance. How could one person have such a lasting effect on someone else? In all of Shannon's years on Earth, from the miserable times in slummy London when he was a child, to the tours of Europe throughout the forties and fifties and sixties, Shannon had never felt more complete than when he was with this girl he had only known for a few days. Sometimes, you don't need to know someone for a while to have a connection. You can know they are the one on the first day.

Athena's complexion became pinker with every passing second as she laid there in his lap. She had never felt this sense of embarrassment or flustered around someone before but for some reason Shannon had accomplished that with ease. "You're probably the nicest person I've ever met." She blinked a few times to process her thoughts. Her mind and body were telling her yes but her conscience was saying no. At times like these who needs a conscience so she threw that to the wind.

She sat up from how she was sitting and moved herself to sit on his lap, but facing him with her legs around him. She wrapped her arms loosely around his neck as she brought her face closer to his, just barely touching his nose. "Shannon..." Athena looked straight into his dark brown eyes as if she saw the whole world in them right before she slowly closed hers. She pressed her pink lips up against his slowly, not forcing her way into things. It was cold but pleasing as her face got warmer. After about twelve seconds of blissful happiness she broke away from him, placing her forehead against his.

"I'm sorry.. I.. I shouldn't have..." She bit her lip gently as she got up and started walking towards a window. The silhouette of his shirt outlined on her nicely as it was rather large compared to her actual size. It hung loosely off her shoulders, one side slipped down it because it was still big, and went almost halfway down her thighs. It was like a mini dress really but she loved it because it smelled just like him.

He was not expecting her to kiss him, but it was welcome. He tried to stay rather still as she did her thing, because he feared he would hurt her if he tried to kiss her back, because he wanted it so badly. It had been a while since Shannon had kissed anyone, and he had never had a kiss like this. Kasey had always kissed him rather hungrily. His past vampire girlfriends knew what they were doing. So did Athena, but ... she was softer, warmer.

She got up and Shannon let her go, despite how much he wanted to continue. He watched her walk to the window. If he was alive, his heart would be fluttering and his stomach would be turning. If he had any body heat it would be rushing to his head, to his lips. If Shannon was not a vampire, he would be acting like a total idiot right now. Who knew being dead made you so suave?

"I shouldn't have ... " she said. In response, Shannon stood up and vampire-ran to her side. He put his hands on her waist, pulled her closer and kissed her, kissed her again. She wasn't a fragile human like Kasey; she was a werewolf, and he didn't have to treat her like she was made of glass. He reached down and pulled her up, kind of hoisting her up so her legs were wrapped around his torso. He kissed her again.

"Why on earth -- " kiss " -- would you -- " kiss " -- regret that -- " kiss " -- when it was the best thing that's happened to me in a long while." Kiss.

Athena took small breaths in between all the kisses. Where Shannon had no need for oxygen, Athena still very much did. "Well you see.. I wasn't very sure of myself." She admitted as she planted another kiss. It wasn't like her to be unsure of herself around men. They came and went just like her past boyfriends but this was very different. Her face was hot almost like she had been under a blanket for a few hours. The heat coming from the air conditioner only made her cheeks become more red than they already were. "You being Mr. Popular and all, wasn't sure if I was up to your prestige standards being the little wolf pup that I am." She said teasingly as she kissed him again.

"Wait.. What does this make us?" She paused herself, putting her finger on his lips. "I've never really been in a situation like this where I've had to, well, ask so..." She looked away a bit ashamed of herself for even asking such a silly question but she wanted to know exactly what she meant to him.

Shannon did not answer her immediately, instead opting to kiss her again, slower and softer this time. "What do you want us to be?" he mumbled against her lips. He vampire-ran back to the side of his bed, where he turned and kind of fell backwards, so Athena was positioned over him and he was pressed into the bed.

He kept a firm grip on her waist as he kissed her again, carefully and slowly because he did not want to force her into anything she did not want to do. He wanted her to feel comfortable and safe with him, the polar opposite of how she felt in the corridor that morning. "I guess this kind of makes us a couple, I don't know, I'm only semi-versed in the art of relationships," he said in a deep, quiet voice, moving his lips away from hers and kissing her on the corner of the mouth, the jawline, the neck. He paused there to inhale her scent, the scent of her blood under her warm skin. "Now those idiots at school actually have truth to what they're saying."

Athena smiled knowing this was exactly what her classmates were thinking before they even were a thing. "A couple... I haven't had a relationship in years... I've 'been' with people but I can't remember the last time I actually had feelings for someone." She laid her head down on his chest to give her body time to cool off otherwise she would overheat.

"Why do you have a bed..." She asked in a soft tone, mostly to herself. If he didn't sleep then having a bed was rather redundant, unless it wasn't for sleep. Her mind instantly went to the worst things she could think of, making her face get hotter. "This makes me glad, the two of us like this." She smiled as she reached up, giving him another kiss before sitting up ontop of him.

"But you know what would make me even happier?" She leaned down again close to his ear. "If you kept rubbing my head while we ate strawberries." She spoke in a soft whisper that ended with a giggle. Athena almost sounded like she was joking but she wasn't. As affectionate as she was she still wished to have her hair played with and to finish the strawberries.

"The bed?" Shannon said absent-mindedly, still caught up in her scent. "When I'm not with anyone, keeping up appearances." He inhaled again. "It makes me glad, too." He frowned when she moved away, then laughed when she mentioned the strawberries. He reached into the bowl and tossed one at her face. "Have your damn strawberries. You apparently love them more than me," he joked.

Soon she was laying in his lap again and she was eating her stupid strawberries. His hand was in her hair, rubbing her head as she had requested. He put his other hand on her stomach, slowly tracing little circles on the tanned skin. "So tomorrow is Friday," he said, mostly to himself. "I'm suspended, you have to go to school ... you'll find some hot, actually alive guy and leave me. Maybe you should stay home."

"You're teasing me," Shannon complained. "I can't eat. The only thing I can digest is blood and it's not like they make strawberries out of that." He sighed. "The woes of being a vampire. At least you're actually alive."

Athena giggled as he touched her stomach. The way that he was so gentle made it tickle. "Oh shut it you." She lightly slapped him in the stomach as she grabbed his free hand. "I'm going to school tomorrow and I'll see you after school." She sat up briefly so she could give him a kiss on the cheek. "And if I find any hot, actually alive guys I'll let you know." She giggled again as she popped another strawberry into her mouth. The tangy flavor made her whole body tingle with excitement.

"What am I going to do during school tomorrow without my little vampire guide? I'll get so lost. What if I to enlist the help of-" She gasped loudly. "The locals." She put on her puppy face as she ate another strawberry. "I'll be so lonely just sitting there in class, staring at the walls by myself. Maybe I'll dress extra nice for tomorrow? Doll myself up." She said teasingly knowing how defensive he was.

"M-hm, you do that," Shannon agreed sarcastically. "And I'll sneak into the school, hide in the air vents and drop onto anyone who looks at you suggestively." He put her bowl of strawberries on the bedside table, rolled over so she was underneath him, and leaned down to kiss her.

"Seriously, though," he murmured between kisses, "you'll be the death of me." Shannon kissed her on the neck, looked at the clock on the bedside table and saw it was now twelve-thirty. "We have three hours until Evangeline comes home. Do you really want to waste it eating strawberries?"

He rolled so she was on top of him again, not breaking the kiss as he did so. He loved kissing her.

"You.. Took my strawberries..." She murmured as she sat on top of him. "That's not nice." She smirked amused with his behavior. It was captivating, just looking down at him, noticing the tiniest of details about him. Like the way his eyes trailed her every move or the structure of his face.

She leaned down close to his face, just grazing his lips teasingly making sure he wanted it more. Her pale green eyes made contact with his brown ones as she smiled. "Three hours is quite the long time no? I don't know if you can handle that." She kissed him long and slow, reaching her hands up to cup his face. Athena paused half opening her eyes as she spoke. "I mean I can really-" Kiss. "-do whatever-" Kiss. "-I want." She kissed him again making the last one longer than the others before stopping again. "Who would stop me?" She giggled as she kissed him again, letting out small gasps to take in air here and there. The girl had to breath somewhere in there. Her kisses trailed down to his jawline, nibbling some parts before moving onto the next, then returning back to his mouth. His porcelain skin was surprising soft yet almost lukewarm? As if her body heat had lingered on his from prolonged exposure.

Her body felt like a heated oven as she continued to press her velvety lips against his, the strawberry flavor still ever present in her mouth from eating all the strawberries. She glided her hands down his shirt, grabbing onto the part by his waist. "Only three more hours." She whispered between kisses.

They laid like that for at least another hour, the minutes ticking by monotonously with each and every kiss. Kissing, touching, rolling. She was so gorgeous, so beautiful, Shannon wondered at every corner of her mouth, the shape of her jaw. How could one person be so perfect?

Her warmth was affecting him. For as long as he had been a vampire, Shannon had never been so warm. Other vampires were just as cold; they felt like nothing, a completely neutral temperature whenever they touched. Humans were slightly warm, but not enough to affect a vampire in the slightest. Werewolves -- his entire body was hot, like Athena's body heat was sinking into his, warming him.

He sat up, pulling her with him. "We need to talk about your family for a moment," he murmured against her lips. "What are you going to say to them?"

She broke away from him at the mention of her family. Athena hadn't thought too far into what they would think or what they would do. Her parents didn't take kindly to vampires and to find out she was in a heated relationship with one wasn't going to sit well with them. "I can't lie to them but... If I tell them anything they would probably freak out, equally as bad." She let out a loud sigh as she let herself fall backwards, keeping her legs still wrapped around Shannon. "I just have to tell them the truth, the whole truth."

She covered her face with her hands knowing how tedious this whole task was going to be. Between the students in her school harassing her to death about Shannon and her own damn family it was starting to become more than she could handle. "What about Evangeline and your mother? In case you didn't notice, Evangeline hasn't taken to me very well and I've only just met your mother today." She mumbled through her hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.