Moon and Night (tateisnotonfire and kryptonicangel

Status
Not open for further replies.
S H A N N O N ♦ W I N T E R S

"The London Eye?" Shannon said absent-mindedly as they stepped out of the car. He locked it behind them and they began to walk down the sidewalk. Like always, eyes followed the both of them as they walked, but unlike school in Witham, the stares were on a much larger scale. Obviously. There were a lot more people in London than Witham. "Sure, but we should get you some clothes first."

Shannon and Athena walked to the closest shopping centre, where Shannon kind of followed Athena around like a lost puppy while she flitted through the several stores, trying on clothes and such.

A T H E N A ♥ B E L V I D E R E

Athena was more than happy to be in a store filled with expensive clothes and the latest trends. It was like a woman's natural habitat. "What do you think of this one?" She said as she twirled out of the dressing room wearing a pretty maroon dress that fit just perfectly to her body. The dress stopped a few inches away from her knees and flared out at the bottom. She did a little spin, making the bottom flow with the wind, as if she was in some kind of fashion show before walking back into the dressing room. Within seconds she threw the dress out to him over the door. "I'm buying that. Makes me look hot." She said with a giggle before trying on another outfit and deciding to purchase that one as well.

She quickly threw her clothes back on, pants unbuttoned and shoes off, and shuffled her way to the lingerie section, tossing the other dress to Shannon while she was on her way there. The young werewolf grabbed a few things that caught her eye before returning back to her room. "I need some other stuff too but no fashion show sadly. I don't want any wandering eyes." She teased as she ran her hand fleetingly down his face before re-entering the room and closing the door behind her. She spoke not in reference to him but to the civilians that would stop at the window and stare at her for a while. It was like she was the one on display instead of the clothes. A few giggles and 'ooohs' were heard coming from behind that door only indicating her satisfaction with her choices. A few moment later Athena appeared from the room fully dressed and ready to go to the check out. The poor cashier scanned each and every item she picked up and gave her a shocked look, surprised that she could afford all this at such a 'young' age. With a swipe of her card the clerk gave her the bags that she then bestowed half of which to Shannon.

"Next store~!" She said excitedly as she took his hand and practically dragged him out. "I'm not too sure where to even go next. Everything is so wonderful and pretty that it's almost overwhelming." She interlocked their fingers making sure they would get separated in the crowd. "Hope you don't mind." She smiled as she looked back before starting to walk down the street. She looked in the window of almost every store they passed by. Some had clothes that were of the highest brand name but weren't her style. Others were ones that she found interesting with it's strange wares but not enough to make her want to enter.

Next on the agenda was a shoe store, Louis Vuitton, her favorite of all the brands. Even if she wasn't much of a city girl born and raised she still knew what she liked, and what she liked was expensive apparel. "There are so many shoes.. I've never seen so many shoes." A certain glimmer in her eye made her smile even brighter. She went through the aisles of the store, still holding Shannon's hand, looking at the different colored shoes until she found one she liked. They were half boots, tan with brown and black accents, and she adored them. Obviously she was going to buy them but she wanted a second opinion. "Do you like them? I think they would go nicely when the weather gets colder." She asked Shannon with an innocent smile.

Shannon was not completely stupid in the fashion department -- he lived with a fashionista, after all -- but the clothes try-ons were not enough to interest him. What he was interested in was Athena. He liked how happy she was when she paraded out of the changing rooms. She had excellent taste; every garment she selected looked flawless on her. She managed to pull everything off in a way he doubted professional models would be able to execute. How could one person look so good all of the time?

He did not mind Athena holding his hand. Her hand was warm and comfortable, fitting into his like it was made for him. He also enjoyed the envious glances he received from the other poor men in the store, dragged in by their girlfriends. Shannon looked at the shoes Athena was talking about. "Very nice," he agreed, nodding. "You should also look into these." He reached for a pair of black, stiletto-heeled boots that would probably almost reach her knees if she were to wear them. "I don't know if they're your usual style, but they'd make you look pretty hot."

Athena's eyes widened in amusement as she looked at his choice in shoes. "Hot? Well when you put it that way," She laughed as let go of him and picked up boxes for both pairs of shoes in her size. If he thought they would look good on her then of course she was going to purchase them. Her mind was telling her that if it was going to impress him than she was going to do it. It wasn't within her usual parameters of fashion but she still found them to be quite nice.

As she sped down the aisles, her pink curls flying behind her, she took note of all the lustful looks of men right before they would get yelled at or slapped by their girlfriends. It gave her a bit of a chuckle knowing that those men were so openly unfaithful. Yes, she knew that she was quite difficult to resist in terms of beauty but a unloyal boyfriend was something she knew all too well. While she wasn't paying close attention to where she was going and instead was looking at all the fancy shoes that lined the shelves she bumped into some people, not noticing enough as she continued walking straight up to the register. After paying for her new, expensive shoes Athena waltzed out the store happy to have gone shopping. "What else can we go see? I want to take pictures for facebook." She said with a devious smile.

"Facebook? I don't have Facebook," Shannon admitted as they walked through the streets of London. "I'm afraid to say I've let modern innovations get past me. You'll have to teach me." He reached into his pocket and handed her his flip phone. "That's literally the phone I use. This is where you abandon me out of shame."

He showed her landmarks such as Big Ben and Trafalgar Square, took a photo for her while she stood in a typical London red phone box, bought her some coffee at a little store in a pretty alley and ended up picking up a new iPhone 6+, just to make her happy. By the time they arrived at the London Eye, the sun was nearly setting which, in Shannon's opinion, was the best time to ride it. He paid for her ticket, not caring about wasting money, and soon they were in a carriage and sailing through the sky.

He leaned his head against her shoulder as they watched the London skyline sink below them. "Have you had a nice time today?" he asked her.

Athena looked out the glass of the floating booth as the streets of London began to light up the sky. It was a sight she never had before and she cherished every moment of it. "I had a marvelous time. I just wish I could have gotten a picture of us for the day." She smiled as the ferris wheel itself started to glow a radiant color. "That's so cool..." The booth had windows all around so she got the full view of her surroundings, from the river to the streets below.

"Thank you for bringing me here. I really did enjoy all of it." She slowly placed her hand ontop of his as the ferris wheel continued to rise until it stopped near the middle section. "Why'd it stop?" She wasn't familiar with how ferris wheels worked or that it would have to stop to let the people get off. It sort of freaked her out seeing how she was so high up above the city in an unmoving booth, but having Shannon there made it better. "Look that's where we were." She pointed with her other hand to a glowing sign in the distance.

"It'll be fine," Shannon assured Athena. "It has to stop to let people out at the bottom." Sure enough, the wheel soon started again, turning slowly to give them a full view of the spectacular city beneath them.

But Shannon had seen the city a million times. As Athena looked around in wonder, he watched her, slowly tracing little circles on the back of her hand with his thumb. How could one person be so beautiful? She was completely enthralled, the city capturing her complete attention, but he didn't care. He liked seeing her so happy. It was a total change from yesterday, when she had been at her lowest. He liked seeing her like this.

The wheel soon stopped. "I should probably get you home before your father is convinced I've kidnapped you," he said as he lead her, hand-in-hand, back to the Aston Martin. The sun was well and truly down; the only lights were the blue, glowing numbers on the dashboard as Shannon sped back into Witham.

Athena had drifted off to sleep for most of the duration of their trip home with a smile on her face. She ended up kicking her shoes off and curling into the seat, shivering every now and then at the cold night air. Even though she was enclosed in a vehicle, she felt it. "Bucket.." She murmured in her sleep as she rolled over to have her back against the door.

It wasn't long until they were back in Witham. With the roads being mostly clear in the dead of night Shannon could speed all the way home. Soon the car rolled up to house, but not too close. Before Athena could wake up her father was already at the front door, sitting on the porch staring down the car that had stopped in front of his property. He knew Athena was in there since he knew the scent of his own daughter. Athena soon woke up knowing the car had stopped and saw that she was home. "That would be my father.." She rubbed her eyes as she reached into the back seat to gather all of her bags. "Thanks for the lovely trip, we'll have to do it again sometime." She smiled, although he might not have been able to see it since it was so dark, and gave him a hug before exiting his car. Her father wasn't angry with her since he knew this is what teenagers did, come home late and never call. He was just concerned and overjoyed with her safe return. Before addressing her father, Athena turned and waved goodbye to Shannon before entering into her house right to the scowls of her step-mother.

"Is there any particular reason you missed all of your classes yesterday afternoon, Shannon?" Shannon and Athena's homeroom teacher asked Shannon the next morning.

"I became very unbearably ill," Shannon smoothly lied. "I'm sorry, sir. Is there a way I can catch up on my work?"

The teacher waved his arm in dismissal, clearly too tired to care. Shannon smirked and walked to his seat, sitting beside Athena and ruffling her hair as he did so. "Good morning," he said happily.

Athena smiled as he sat down next to her. "Once again you've made such an effort to mess up my hair." She said as she pat down the unruly fluffs of her hair that started to stick up. One this day she wore a little white dress, one she bought from the day before, mostly because she was feeling the innocent vibe when she woke up in the morning.

"You're in an awfully good mood today. What's on your mind?" She sat back in her chair with a curious look. From what she had observed he was never this jolly coming into class. Something had to be on his mind and she was interested in what it was. Before she could get an answer her eyes trailed to the other side of the room where she heard her name being called. She rolled her eyes seeing that it was that same football playing idiot that tried to swoon her before. She only shook her head with a smile as she returned her attention to Shannon, lightly nudging him. "Tell me or so help me I will get everyone here to call you Bucket."

"I am happy because my cow blood was particularly average today," he joked, putting his feet up on his desk. "No. The residue of your happy vibes from yesterday have rubbed off on me. We only have you to blame for this, Athena."

Shannon took his new iPhone out of his pocket and held it up proudly. "I spent about an hour figuring out how to use this stupid thing," he told her. "I also reached two hundred and eighty seven on Flappy Bird. Apparently this is impressive. It was more than simple for me."

Shannon looked over the shoulder of Athena and saw the same pervy guy from yesterday eyeing her down. He felt tempted to throw him across the room, but figured that would attract a bit of negative attention, so he stayed seated.

Athena blinked a few times before laughing. "That is quite impressive. I could barely get past thirty-five, mostly because I am horrid at games." She took his phone from his hands and turned on the camera. She had heard that iPhones had the best cameras but she never had one to know. To her satisfaction, the rumors were correct. The lens was much more crisp than the one on her Samsung Galaxy S6. She couldn't help herself so she took a picture of herself making a kissing face, and set it as his background photo. After that she took a few more pictures of herself, some more alluring than others, and placed his phone down on his desk. "Enjoy yourself." She said with a wink.

"Hey, Athena, you can do that on my phone too!" The strange guy called out across the room, sparking the rest of the testosterone filled classmates to do the same. Everyone wanted a photo of her on their phone for their own purposes. "Maybe I should give them what they want." She said in a joking manner. There was no way she was going to let all these people just take random photos of her, it was weird. That didn't stop the football playing idiot from making his way over to her and taking a picture with her. It caught her a bit off guard but he got his photo and whispered in her ear before leaving happy as can be.

She noticed the look in Shannon's eye as the male walked back to his clique of friends triumphantly, making her smirk. "What's the matter? A little jealous that he got so close?" She said teasingly.

"Yes, actually," said Shannon, ignoring her teasing. "That's just weird, taking a photo with you without your permission."

He looked back at the guy, who was laughing and showing off the photo with his friends. He made eye contact with Shannon, and Shannon shifted his gaze into a dark, threatening look he knew would intimidate the guy, at least for a little while. Sure enough, a look of dread crossed the pervert's face, and he looked away. Shannon smirked, proud of himself.

Shannon and Athena also shared English class with the pervert, but as they sat at the back of the classroom they had no reason to interact with him. Shannon quickly finished the first draft of his essay and spent the rest of the lesson throwing small objects at the pervert in lightning-fast motions visible to only other supernaturals.

"Stop that." Athena whispered knowing that it was Shannon tossing things at the guy. "If he flips then someone else takes the fall that did nothing." She didn't break away from her work as she spoke, not wanting to draw extra attention to herself. Sure enough, he stood fed up with having objects being thrown at him without knowing where it was coming from. Without knowing where it was coming from he had no where to turn his frustration to so he moved his seat to the back right next to Athena.

"So lovely Athena, how about we go on a little trip? I can show you a real good time." He spoke quiet enough so that the whole class didn't hear but looked straight at Shannon with a smirk. "I know you and pretty boy here aren't anything so why not jump on the better side." He brought himself closer to her so he could whisper so only she would hear.

Athena only smiled as she closed her book. "Not even in your dreams." She lightly tapped the side of his face as she got up from her seat. Class was ending and she had no intention of lingering around. The boy, clearly looking her up and down, shot a glance at Shannon before getting up to leave with his friends for his next class.

"Would you be disappointed in me if I tripped him up right now?" Shannon quietly asked Athena as they walked together to Chemistry. As the guy did not share this class with the werewolf and the vampire, Chemistry passed smoothly and without Shannon repeatedly assaulting anyone with pencil sharpeners and erasers.

Recess came and Shannon and Athena filtered into the cafeteria. To his disgust, Athena's Number One Fan was sitting at a large table with Kasey, Chloe and the rest of her clique of princesses. Evangeline and her friends sat in a smaller and much more glamorous circle a little while away. Athena and Shannon joined Lucas.

"Lukey, we may have to assassinate one of Athena's stalkers after school," he said as he sat down. "I hope you know some good ditches because even I wouldn't drink that guy's blood."

Lucas' eyes narrowed at the sound of Athena having a stalker. "Who and when?" He said as he looked around the lunch room immediately realizing who it was from the way he kept staring at her. "I'll get the shovel." He said as he shot the guy a menacing look.

Athena laughed seeing how caught up the both of them got about this. She felt as though the boy was just like any other that she encountered. The usual overly excited fans desperate for her attention. "I want to go ahead and swap out my books. I have some work I need to catch up on so I might as well do it now." She said with a curtsy as she left the cafeteria, her stalker following in suit.

"If I finish my geography work then I'll have enough time to finish the chapter for math." She happily whispered to herself as she approached her locker. Luckily, she remembered where it was after the whole debacle of getting lost. Athena spun the nob and pulled open her locker as she usually did but she felt the sudden embrace of a fairly large guy. At first she thought that it was Shannon given the way that he had been acting with her but when she sniffed the air she knew it wasn't. "Don't." She said pushing herself away from him but the boy didn't back off.

"Come on sweet cheeks let's have a chat." He said as he covered her mouth so she wouldn't call for help and pulled her into the stairwell. "You know I've been thinking that you don't quite get it." The boy said as he pushed her up against the wall. "I want you. I'll have you." He said in a deep lusting tone as he ran a hand through her hair, tightly grasping a handful as he reached the back of her head.

"Let me go. You're crazy and you need to let me go." She said sternly as she tried to push him away only to get her head jerked back. There was no way that she was going to transform here, with all these people. If she did so her family would definitely have to move again and that was something she didn't want. "What do you want from me? Let me go." Her breathing started to waiver between nervousness and adrenaline. She wasn't going to transform but she didn't want to take it lying down. Shannon. She had to find a way to get Shannon or at the very least Lucas.

"I just want to have a little fun you know? The both of us have a lot in common." The boy said with a smirk as he slid his hands around her body. "I do everything better than him." Just as he was going to touch her she screamed having bitten down on her hand hard enough to break through the skin, praying that Shannon would smell it and come running. "Now why would you do that to your pretty skin?" He said as he held her arms up so she wouldn't move again with his free hand.

"So that way I have evidence to a claim." She said as her heart started pounding out of her chest.

Shannon and Lucas were half-jokingly discussing ways they could dispatch of Athena's stalker, who Shannon remembered was named Zane, when he smelled something. He inhaled, and he immediately recognised the pleasant aroma to be Athena's pristine werewolf blood, the blood he had tasted the day before. He frowned. Was she in trouble? Had she fallen in the hall or something?

"I'll be right back," Shannon said to Lucas. He walked down the hall with his eyes on the floor, following the scent, until he turned a corner and saw Athena being groped by Zane in the stairwell.

Shannon froze for half a second. Many emotions ran through his mind, some he has yet to identify, but the most predominant one was rage. Athena. Zane. Zane's hands on Athena. Athena in trouble.

His eyes burning red, Shannon ran towards them and pushed Zane off of Athena, releasing her, before twisting Zane's arm so far back it snapped out of the socket connecting it to his shoulder. Zane cried out in pain, but Shannon whirled and threw him into the opposing wall, watching as he fell, crumpled, to the linoleum floor. He crossed over to the other boy, knelt down beside him and muttered through his teeth, "If you ever touch her again, I swear to God, I'll paint my fucking bedroom walls with your blood."

He left the scumbag crying on the floor, crossed the hall and engulfed Athena in a tight hug. Her face pressed into his chest, he kept his arms tight around her, holding her close so she couldn't be hurt again. "Are you okay?" he whispered to her.

Shannon heard a noise behind him and turned to see what it was, not breaking the hug with Athena. Evangeline, standing clothed in all Prada with her hair catching the ugly school lights, surveying the scene before her.

"What are you doing here?" Shannon hissed at her.

"I smelled the blood." Evangeline's voice was emotionless and plain. Shannon had no idea how his sister felt about this situation. She was staring at Zane with an equally blank expression on her face.

"Cool. Great. Get Genevieve. And her brother," said Shannon. Evangeline blinked and walked away. Shannon knew she was doing as she was told, because she had not argued for once.

Athena opened her mouth but no words came out. This was the first time a mere human had ever gotten the best of her. She couldn't talk only tremble as she looked at Zane's body lying there on the floor. She was actually surprised that Shannon left him alive, broken and probably needing emergence services to fix him, but alive.

"Sh-Shannon.." Her body shook as she tightly clung to his, not releasing her hold for a minute. She didn't cry or get angry, she just stood there, too petrified to move or form words. It was strange for her, being in a position where she couldn't defend herself no matter how much she wanted to. Appearances were everything and this was one she had to keep up with her life.

Evangeline had did what was asked of her because Lucas came storming into the stairwell ready to break the boy in two. He looked down at his already crippled body, eyes twitching and fists clenched. "I should kill him where he lays." He said with anger pouring out of his body. He kicked the boy right in his ribs before turning to his dear sister. "I know you're holding it in but sometimes it's okay to cry." He said to her as he rubbed the back of her head. He wasn't one to tell his sister to just cry but he knew her better than anyone and he knew when she needed to just let it out.

Athena only shook her head slightly as she pressed her face into Shannon's chest. She had never seen either of them so full of rage and bloodthirst. Athena practically felt their anger. It made her more scared just seeing their angry faces. She reached her slightly bloody hand out to her brother from clutching Shannon's clothes. "Sis..." He took her hand and started cleaning it up with the packet of tissues he liked to keep in his pockets.

"I don't want to see him.." She said pointing to the crippled boy laying on the floor without actually looking at him.

It hurt Shannon to see Athena so upset. Not knowing what else to do, he held her close as Lucas cleaned up her bloody hand. The smell of her blood was not affecting him as much as it was before; it still smelled perfect to him, but the situation caused him to keep his fangs and eyes under control.

After a few more moments of sad silence, Evangeline returned with Genevieve, Headmistress Winters, by her side. "What happened?" Genevieve asked in a stern, professional tone as she surveyed the damage.

"He was about to assault her, Genevieve," said Shannon, quietly but darkly. "What did you expect me to do?"

Genevieve sighed. "I don't know, Shannon, but now we have a real mess on our hands. This boy will have to go to the hospital, obviously, and he'll face suspension -- "

"Suspension?" Evangeline incredulously half-shouted. "He was about to rape her, Genevieve!" Shannon scowled. She was much less sensitive to the situation than he. "He was about to rape her on your schoolgrounds and you're going to just suspend him?"

"Evangeline -- " Genevieve began.

"No, this is completely ridiculous," Evangeline argued. "He should be expelled, then sent to prison for what he did. Athena should have enough evidence to get him convicted. You can't let him get away with this!"

Shannon was shocked that Evangeline was siding with Athena, even in this dark situation. Apparently he had underestimated how decent she was.

"I shall have to discuss this with the vice principals and such," said Genevieve. "But for now -- "

"I have friends," continued Evangeline, "who were harassed by the same guy. They'll come forward and testify if it helps him get arrested, Genevieve."

"I understand that this is a serious topic, Evangeline, but for now, I do not want to be fired by not getting this boy the medical attention he needs," said Genevieve. "Please ensure your brother, Miss Belvidere and Mr Dolan make it to the office safely. They will still need to be interviewed."

Shannon kept his arms around Athena as they walked to Genevieve's office, Lucas on her other side, Evangeline on Shannon's. "Thank you," Shannon whispered to his sister.

"This doesn't mean I like her," she whispered back. "I just don't think anyone deserved to be treated that way."

Athena kept herself quiet the whole time. She didn't know what to say or do so she just stayed shut down. Evangeline had stood up for her in testifying against this boy staying in the school, much to her surprise but very appreciated.

"Do I have to go by myself?" She asked quietly as they entered the office. She remembered Genevieve saying that she would have to be interviewed about the scene but she didn't want to go anywhere alone at the moment. Her eyes were sullen, absent of all emotion as she kept herself tightly clung to Shannon's side. "Can you come with me..?" Her meek voice showed the present terror in her mind.

Lucas, being the wonderful older brother that he was, asked the secretary for a Band-Aid to cover her teeth marks. The last thing they needed was her being questioned about how her wounds disappeared so quickly. The secretary happily complied with his request, pulling out a large Band-Aid from the first aid kit and handing it to him. "Don't worry Half Pint. The headmistress is nice and she'll make sure you're okay." He reassured her as he gently took her hand to place the Band-Aid on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.