Moon and Night (tateisnotonfire and kryptonicangel

Status
Not open for further replies.
S H A N N O N ♦ W I N T E R S

"You're joking." She had to be. Who willingly offered their blood to a vampire?

But he was dying to try it. He sat down beside her on the edge of the stream and stared intensely at the crimson liquid, feeling his mouth watering slightly as he took her arm gently in his. If he was going to do this he wanted to make sure that she was as comfortable as possible, so he made sure the fangs were in his gums and his eyes were their normal colour.

He brought her hand up until it was close to her face. Shannon paused to take a moment to appreciate the aroma of her blood. It was hypnotising, entrancing, like the most beautiful music, or the way the light hit light hair. There were two puncture wounds very close together. Shannon decided to take the blood from there.

"I won't bite you," he promised.

He pressed his lips to the puncture wounds and slowly began to suck, drawing the blood and swallowing it quickly. He pressed his tongue against the wounds, savouring the rich flavour like it was the finest wine. It was the best blood he had ever tasted.

He continued this for about forty seconds, until he had decided this was enough for Athena and he dropped her hand. As he had not bitten her, the blood had not spread around his mouth. "Thank you," he said quietly. "You didn't have to do that."

A T H E N A ♥ B E L V I D E R E

Athena covered her mouth with the back of her hand as he sucked on the other one. It was a strange but pleasant sensation that she had never felt before. It was something she could get used to if it came down to it. As he let go of her hand she rolled her sleeve down far enough to cover her hand.

"Oh but I did. It was the least I can do." She spoke softly as she leaned her head against his arm, her rose gold locks flowing gently past her. "You've done much for me without asking for anything in return. That's more than a lot of people have done for me." The curly haired girl found herself feeling just as lightheaded from her blood cells working hard to replenish themselves and seal up the wounds. This was why she hated being injured, yet she always ended up with something happening to her.

"Well since we are here, and you did tell me you would take me exploring the other day, why don't we see what we can find." Her soft pink lips curled into a smile as she rose to her feet, extending her hand out so he could take it. Athena loved hiking through the forest and exploring what it has to offer. The one thing she liked was that it was always changing just as she was. It was peaceful but dangerous, marvelously wonderful yet full of secrets. As of recently she found herself thinking the same thing about Shannon.

Shannon took her hand and stood up. "You might feel a bit dizzy from the blood loss," he warned her. "If I had have bitten you, you'd be fine because vampire saliva has healing properties. But for now, I'll just work extra hard to make sure you don't get a concussion."

They hiked through the forest, appreciating the nature and the aroma it gave off. "Your blood tasted better than it smelled," Shannon told Athena as they walked. "Way better than human blood. Just better than vampire blood, and that's pretty hard to beat. Our blood is a lot sweeter than yours." He was rambling, remembering biting his past vampire girlfriends. He had bitten Kasey a few times, also, but on those occasions he had drunk enough blood to make sure she passed out and forgot about it the next day.

Shannon took the lead of the hiking expedition until they reached a cliff overlooking a valley. The cliff was steep enough that if a human fell down it, they would definitely die. Shannon, however, was almost indestructible and stepped to the very edge of the cliff. "I like to call this place the End of the World, because I am both depressing and poetic," he told Athena.

"How lovely." Athena giggled as she walked closer to the edge. Being so high up made her head spin but she didn't want to say anything. The view was spectacular and she didn't want him to drag her back down because she was getting dizzy.

"The scene is... great.." She mumbled as she started to back away from the edge. She felt as though her brain was tripping off some drug as she looked down into the valley. Athena never thought of herself as being afraid of heights but if she was that would be a great explanation as to why she feels like falling over.

She almost fell over but Athena caught herself before actually did. It was the whole world was spinning around her and she was completely stationary. "Remember that time when you said you would keep me from a concussion?" She slowly crumbled to her knees before taking a breath. "You're failing-" She broke off thought as she fell forward onto the ground. Her eyes were distant but conscious as she laid there on the ground. Her body felt numb, almost as if she was drugged from not having enough blood flowing through her system. "Ow.." She said in a low tone as she rolled onto her back and let her arms dangle off the side of the cliff.

"Oooh dangerous." She smiled as she rolled onto her side and laid right on the edge, barely keeping herself from rolling off the cliffside.

"What do you mean I'm failing -- no," Shannon said in a parental tone when he looked down to see Athena trying to roll off the cliff to her death. He reached down and carefully scooped her up, carrying her, bridal-style, away from the edge of the cliff. "Jesus Christ, Athena, do you have a bloody death wish?"

He sat her against the trunk of a large pine tree and positioned her so she was sitting up straight. He sat beside her, put his hands on either side of her face and forced her to look at him. "What's wrong? It can't be the blood loss ... it must be the height, unless you're on some kind of drug. In which case, I am very disappointed in you. Pugs, not drugs."

"Athena is the name of a goddess silly boy." Athena started to laugh before making a puppy face. "Pugs! Pugs are really really cute." She gasped as she grabbed his face with her hands, bringing her face closer to his as she did so. "You're really really cute. Are you a pug?" She tilted her head slightly as she questioned him before jumping up.

"My head is really spinny. Spinning and spinning and spinning-" She kept repeating the words as she twirled around in a circle before falling over again laughing. "I feel swirly like everything is spinning." She started giggling like she just heard the funniest joke ever before shooting up.

"Let's go that-a-way! The pugs are that way!" She pushed herself up onto her feet and started running towards the cliffside again with her arms spread like an airplane. Being so high up and already lightheaded made her have a kind of high-like state due to her senses being heightened beyond normalcy. Lucky for him she was a childish fun high and not an aggressive animal high. She kept laughing as she ran towards the edge, arms spread and eyes closed. "I can fly too you're not special."

"Athena, no," said Shannon exasperatedly, wrapping his arms around her small waist and pulling her back. He held her close and ran a few miles in a matter of minutes so they were back on a lower point, and away from the cliff. He set her down on the ground and sat beside her.

"I'll give you a few moments to get your head together," he told her. "That's the last time I take you anywhere high. You clearly cannot be trusted. What are you trying to do, give me a heart attack? And I'm not buying you a pug."

He sighed. "I was not aware that babysitting werewolves would require so much energy. I demand a refund. I did not order a small demon."

Athena pouted seeing how she was taken away from the cliff. She liked how fluffy the clouds looked. "Noooo I want a pug!" She rolled ontop of him, sitting herself in his lap, and squished his face into her body. "I want to go back to the pretty mountain where the pugs are! They were cute and fluffy!"

She blinked a few times thinking about what she said earlier. "You're a pug! Can I keep you? I'm going to name you Bucket." She said excitedly as she wrapped her arms around him affectionately. Of all the names she could have chosen no one will ever know why it was Bucket. She started to pet his head and say things like good puppy and soft puppy until she stood back up again.

"Come on Bucket! We have to find the other pug friends so we can give them lots and lots of hugs because pugs are cute!" She started laughing a slight glimmer in her eye appeared at the thought of hugs so she started to wander around the forest. "Bucket do you know any tricks?" She asked innocently as she started attempting to climb a random tree. She felt as though she could do anything, that is, until she started to get sleepy.

Shannon was utterly bewildered. He had no idea how to deal with Athena when she was in this childish state and also had no idea how to snap her out of it. What had he done? Was he going to spend the rest of eternity running after a silly werewolf girl who was obsessed with pugs and attempting to kill herself?

"I don't know any tricks," he mumbled, confused, as he followed Athena around. She was trying to climb a tree, which, usually, would not have been so bad, but in this case he could not help but fret, due to her hazy state. What if she tumbled out of the tree?

Sure enough, she began to grow incredibly sleepy and lost her grip on the branches, falling to the ground. Shannon caught her perfectly, shifted her into a bridal style position in his strong arms and ran a short while -- ten seconds -- to a nearby, flat meadow, full of different coloured wildflowers and lush green grass. He laid Athena down on a soft patch of lilac blooms and laid down beside her, sighing.

"Okay, you're asleep, now stay that way," he mumbled.

After a few minutes, about ten or so, Athena's respiratory system had started to regulate itself as well as detox her mind. Her wounds had completely sealed themselves up and her complexion returned to it's normal state.

Her eyes blinked open to see that she was not in the same place that she remembered. "Mmm.. Where..?" She mumbled as she sat up to a view of lush flowers and greenery. Last thing she remembered was being in a forest not a field. She saw Shannon laying beside her and chose not to panic.

"What happened? Everything is a little fuzzy... Except something about pugs and buckets? I think I fell asleep.." She spoke in confusion of what was going on. What was previously happening to her seemed like a foggy dream that she could barely remember even though it was that same day. Athena picked one of the flowers, a cornflower, that looked different from the ones around it. It was a pretty blue shade that she thought would better suit a crown or her hair. So, instead of placing it in her own hair, she tucked the flower into Shannon's hair as he laid on the ground.

"It suits you." She giggled as she laid back down in the patch of flowers.

"You went off on a psychotic rampage, trying to kill yourself, going on about pugs and calling me Bucket," Shannon explained. He sighed, closing his eyes.

While it was autumn in Witham, the meadow felt like summer. The air was warm and clean, with the shadows of the trees casting small cool places. It all felt indifferent to Shannon. He was unable to hold any body temperature other than cold; he was dead, after all. In the bright light his skin looked even paler, almost glowy, with every dry vein and dark shadow on his porcelain complexion sticking out like a sore thumb.

His eyes fluttered open when he felt warm fingers near his face. Athena, putting a periwinkle blue flower in his dark brown hair. He half-smiled and let her do her thing, too mentally exhausted to care. This was one of the occasions when he wished he could sleep. After having to exhaustively babysit a reckless werewolf, he needed a nap he could not have.

She laid back down and he turned on his side so he was facing her. Despite the warm sunlight filtering through the clouds and onto them, Athena was the warmest thing, her entire body radiating heat. For some reason, he reached up and undid her braids, running his fingers through the thick pink locks.​

Athena felt his cold fingers grazing against her scalp as he undid her braids. It sent a small tingle down her spine from the sudden cold texture on her warm scalp. "It took me about twenty minutes to finally get that how I wanted it just for you to take it out you know." She had a small smile on her face as she closed her eyes, allowing him to play with her hair. She always found it relaxing whenever anyone did so why would she stop him from doing so.

"So, Bucket, I see you took good care of me. I sort of understand what happened... It's happened before when I was a bit younger. Lucas said that I fell off something and ended up with a branch in my stomach, don't ask how. He took me to some place high up because for some reason experienced doctors like to live on crazy mountains, and I started losing my mind. He told me it was because I was a pureblood and my senses are heightened at least ten times as much as a hybrid one so it creates a sort of 'drug' in my brain. It's quite terrifying now that I think about it." She brought her hand to her mouth as she usually did when she was thinking about something.

"I didn't hurt you did I?" She rolled onto her side so she could face him, fluttering her eyes a bit as the sunlight hit them. "Because if I did I apologize for being so troublesome." Wisps of her rose gold hair fell over her face as it reflected the light, seeming more like a pearlescent gold than it's actual color.

Shannon listened to her explanation attentively. Part of him was intrigued and wanted to hear the rest of her anecdote, but the academic side of him wanted to learn the science behind the strange behaviour he had witnessed. Shannon knew so little about werewolves, he could spend an entire day quizzing Athena and still have millions of questions left. He knew Genevieve was just as academic-minded as he, maybe even more. Maybe she could put aside her differences for once and sit down with the werewolves?

"No, you didn't hurt me, it's fine," he assured Athena as she turned to face him. "So, basically, I can't take you anywhere high or you'll lose your shit. Great. Cross sky-diving off my list of fun outings." He visibly shuddered at the thought of taking a crazy Athena sky-diving.

He continued to play with her hair, not caring that he had ruined her hairstyle. He could recreate those braids in less than a minute for her if she wanted him to. Shannon pictured the intricate weaving in his head; even though he had never braided anyone's hair before, he knew, due to his vampiric intelligence caused by heightened senses and faster brain function, that he would be able to replicate her hairstyle better than she had done it herself. There were many drawbacks to being a Creature of the Night, but Shannon would be forever grateful for the superior intellect he and others of his kind possessed.

"So what do you want to do now?" he asked her quietly.

"Darn and I so wanted to go skydiving." She giggled as she took a deep breath. The aroma that filled the air was simply marvelous. The trees swaying in the wind, the birds flying in the sky, it was all so serene. She could kill to have moments like this more often instead of being trapped inside of her house or school.

"How about we go shopping? I was going to do it tomorrow since I kind of tore up all my other ones but since I have free time today, why not~?" She sat up and looked back to him. He was so calm despite how she was. One would think that he would run away or ditch her while she wasn't herself but he stayed and made sure she was safe. It made her smile as she stared at him.

"Think you can handle that?" Athena teased as she pushed herself up, allowing the flowers and grass to fall off her clothing. Her hair was full of grass, which she wasn't fond of, so she decided to start coming it out with her fingers. Now that the braids were out she didn't have to worry about messing up her hair so she flipped it over her head as she bent down, fluffing it and combing through it with her fingers.

"I am more than capable of handling a shopping trip," said Shannon, also standing up. He brushed the grass and flowers off of his clothes as Athena cleaned out her hair. "I have to go into the city to shop with Evangeline all the bloody time. I have to hold her stuff. And if I can handle an eight-hour session in high-end boutiques with a girl who doesn't have a limit on her credit card, I think I can handle you."

He pushed the thought of Evangeline out of his mind. "I cannot be bothered walking at your pace," he said, so he slung Athena over his body like a backpack and ran to the edge of the forest, to the edge of the schoolground. School was about to end. He set her on her feet. "I hope you don't mind all the running," he noted as they began to walk to the front of the school.

"Now, are you content with just going to the shopping centre in Witham, or do you want me to get my car and drive you into London? It's only an hour, if I don't speed," he noted.

Her eyes lit up at the thought of going to London. "I've never been to London before. Can we go there? I promise I'll behave." She held up one hand while she crossed her fingers behind her back. "I just need to run into the school and grab my wallet out of my locker." She turned around and started running into the school. With it ending soon the halls would soon be flooded with hormonal teens looking to break out and that was not something she wanted to get caught up in.

Athena tried to find her locker as quick as possible, resulting in her getting lost, walking down the same hallway twice and ending up outside of the bathrooms. "How did I even do this.." She face palmed herself as she started walking again.

"Need some help new girl?" A random male voice with a familiar face approached her as she wandered.

"Can't find my locker, think you could help me out?" She said in defeat as she handed him the slip of paper with her locker number on it.

"You're in luck, that's right next to mine." The boy said with a happy tone. He led her through the school to where her locker was and to her surprise she passed by it at least three times. "Thank you kindly." She opened her locker and started digging for her wallet, which was easily found. "So new girl, you're with Shannon right?" Athena instantly sighed knowing exactly where this was going. "First, I have a name, it's Athena. Second, if that's what you would like to believe then so be it." The boy smiled almost in a devious manner as he leaned against the lockers, hovering right over her. "So what's it going to take for a pretty young thing like yourself to stop going out with moody heartbreaker like him and get with a handsome guy like me?" Athena rolled her eyes realizing this must have been one of that girl's friends as she shut her locker. "More than you have to offer." She flashed a smile before turning and leaving. "Don't worry, I'll get you one day pinky." The boy called out just before she exited the school.

She made her way down the short steps and brushed past Shannon, grabbing his hand in the process. "We're leaving. Where's your car?" She spoke with a hint of annoyance present in her tone.

Shannon frowned when he saw how irritated Athena looked. He looked behind her and saw a guy, one of Kasey's friends, watching her with a kind of hungry gaze. Shannon shot him a dark look before turning back to Athena.

"My car's at my house, of course," he said, pulling her in the other direction. The Winters' house was not too far away from the school, so they would be able to walk there instead of running. "Did that guy say something to you? He's one of Kasey's friends, he's on the football team, I think."

They reached Shannon's mansion quickly, ducking into the huge garage attached to the side. The spacious room was filled with sports cars and Range Rovers of all different colours, but of the same general price range. As they walked in, Evangeline climbed out of the glossy red Ferrari she drove to school. She pointedly ignored Shannon and Athena, gliding gracefully to the door that lead to the kitchen.

Shannon crossed to the counter and opened a drawer, which contained the keys to all of the pretty vehicles in the garage. He fished around until he found the keys to the Aston Martin, unlocked the car for Athena and dashed upstairs to fill his wallet with the money he kept in his bedroom. He was back in a few seconds, climbing into the driver's seat.

"Okay, London, here we come." He backed onto the garage and was soon on the highway, speeding, of course. After a few minutes of driving he asked, "Seriously, though, what did that guy say?"

After seeing all his fancy cars that lined the walls of the garage to his mansion Athena knew what vampires were all about. Most werewolves lived such a luxurious life but no one ever knew because they tend to not leave their estate. Athena actually had some relatives that lived in such a manner but they rarely keep in touch. She sat back in the car, staring out the window as the signs flew by. "You drive as fast as Lucas.." She mumbled under her breath until he retouched an early topic.

"It's nothing. I just.. It's nothing." She shook her head as she bit her lip. She wasn't sure why the boy had gotten her so torqued up but he did. When she looked over to pass a glance at Shannon she let out an exasperated sigh knowing he wasn't going to take that as an answer.

"He called me a 'pretty young thing' and said you were a heartbreaker. He also said that he was going to get me. I hear that kind of stuff all the time but it was just... The way he said it. Like he could have me at any time like I was just a thing he could have. It kind of bothered me and now I know his locker is right next to mine." It wasn't something she hadn't heard before obviously since she was usually the object of attention but the way people talk influences the way she thinks. "Don't do anything okay? I don't want to give them a reason to bother me without me having something to do with it."

Shannon bit his lip as he drove. A quarter of his attention was spent making sure he didn't total the Aston Martin; half was spent listening to Athena, and another quarter was spent thinking of inventive ways he could kill that boy from school.

Shannon didn't know why people, especially males, felt they had the right to make suggestive and creepy comments to other people. It was not necessary, and the thought of someone making comments like this to people he cared about repulsed him and made him very angry. He had to put up with catcalls and suggestive remarks made to Evangeline whenever she went out in public, and those occasions made him want to dissect the vocal chords of those who harassed her, but Athena was different. He felt slightly ... protective over her in a way he did not feel towards Evangeline. What did that mean?

"I won't do anything, yet," he said. He reached over and put his hand on her arm in a comforting manner. "But if he harasses you again, you'll tell me, right?"

They spent the rest of the car ride talking mindlessly, playing twenty questions and learning new things about one another. With Shannon carefully speeding through the English countryside, they reached London within half the time they should have. "Any particular place you want to go?" he asked.

Athena marveled at the architectural beauty of the city. The streets were lined with people and shops, everyone in a rush to go from one place to the next. "Anywhere I can get clothes." Her eyes were fixed on the different kinds of shops as they drove by. In all her years of life, Athena had never really been to a large city, mostly little towns on the countryside. This was her first trip to a real city.

"I also read that there was this giant Ferris wheel somewhere here. Can we go on it later when all the lights are on?" She spoke in reference to the London Eye, a name she wasn't familiar with. This little escapade had her practically jumping out of her seat ready to go. The city was everything she thought it would be and more.

She had never felt more excited to be somewhere than this current moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.