Moon and Night (tateisnotonfire and kryptonicangel

Status
Not open for further replies.
S H A N N O N ♦ W I N T E R S

"It's the scar Evangeline was talking about before," Shannon explained. "I taunted some feral werewolf in Greece in the forties and he got a bit mad at me. Your claws and our fangs are the only things we can't heal from." He sighed. "I got over it in about twenty seconds but Evangeline is still mad about it. That's why she hates your kind so much."

Shannon stood up, the water flowing down his muscled body as he stretched to his full height, pulling Athena up with him. They were both standing and she only reached the middle of his ribcage. "What time will your father be home?" he asked her. "I don't want you going there without him."

He did not know why he said it, but it was true. He did not want Athena to be hurt if he could prevent it. She was starting to shiver, so he lead her pack to the shore. There, he dried himself down with his jacket, which would probably be dried on the run home.

A T H E N A ♥ B E L V I D E R E

Athena felt the cold wind breaking against her skin. The water trickling down her slim figure from her damp hair didn't help make her any warmer. Her skin was frozen, cold to the touch, but her core temperature was heating up. It was something she learned to do to survive a harsh winter in another land some long time ago. She bent over and started to squeeze the water out from her hair.

"He won't be home until late. He's hunting for the family. I think Lucas should be home by now though." She went over to her phone that was wrapped up in her clothes, still shivering from how cold she was, and texted Lucas asking if he was home. A few seconds later he texted her back saying that he indeed was home and he calmed down mother.

"He said that it's okay now. I guess I'll have to go home eventually." She looked down at her wrist, noticing the bruise was almost entirely gone since it was only small speckles of greens and browns. "I don't even feel it anymore. It's a little weird." She smiled as she bent her wrist around without any sort of concern.

"Now... No peeking." Athena wagged her finger teasingly as she turned around to have her back facing him. Her bra was still completely soaked, uncomfortably so, and she didn't want her blouse to be too. She unhooked the back and slid it right off her shoulders. Her hair was a curled pink mess but she used that to cover her chest as she squeezed the water out of it. "There, no more dripping." She said victoriously as she replaced her bra onto her body. Once that was adjusted to how she wanted it, Athena pulled on her skirt and put on her blouse, only buttoning the two buttons that were on her stomach. There was no need to button the whole shirt or tuck it in since she wasn't in school and she didn't have to impress anyone. Her fingers ran though her hair, detangling what she could so she wouldn't look like a complete mess.

"Lucas is automatically going to assume the worst." She started laughing knowing the full lecture she was going to get from both her father and her step-brother. It was a conversation the three of them had frequently because of how well she gets along with the boys.

"Well don't just stand there. It's getting real dark and bad things happen at night." She said as she took the stone out from her shoe before putting it on.

Once he was also fully dressed, Shannon led Athena down the beach until they emerged on a trail close to her house, where she would be able to find her home if she did not want him to accompany her straight to the door. That would probably be a bad idea. He did not want to get Athena in trouble and he certainly did not want to die, but he also wanted to make sure she was safe.

"How far do you want me to take you?" he asked her quietly. They were walking with a few inches between them. Shannon had his hands in his pockets and was looking straight forward. "I had fun with you today," he added.​

Athena looked down the road and sniffed the air. "Here is fine. I don't think my step-mother would take to you coming to our house very kindly. You should probably get home any, I'm sure your mother is worried sick." She smiled as she stopped with her house in sight.

"I'll see you around okay?" She reached up on her toes and gave him a hug. She was too short to not have to do that to reach his head. "Oh and for the record, I had fun with you too." Her smile was genuine as she continued on down the road by herself. It was better this way even though she still had his scent.

Her father wouldn't be home for another few hours so that's more time to prepare herself for the lectures ahead of her. Hopefully Lucas would aid her in calming down her father. It wouldn't be too hard since he is far more reasonable than her step-mother but it was still just as tedious. She sent Lucas a text saying she was coming up the road just to be safe.

Knock knock knock.

Lucas opened the door and greeted her with a hug and kissed her head. "Are you alright? What happened? Where'd you go?" His expression was one of nothing but concern for her. She wasn't home when he came home but he saw all her stuff on the floor and his mother tossing things around. Their mother didn't even glance at Athena as the two went upstairs to her room, that made her quite happy otherwise the woman probably would have snapped. "You still smell like him... It's strong actually.. Did you go see him?" He asked as he closed her door behind him.

"She almost broke my wrist Lucas.. So I ran and got lost, Shannon helped me out and brought me back home. I was scared.." She peeled off her clothes, tossing them on the floor, and replaced it with a blue t-shirt and a pair of shorts. Athena sat down on her bed with her legs still touching the floor.

"I'm sorry kiddo." He sat down next to her and pulled her head onto his chest. He hated that his mother hated her deeply and there wasn't much he could do about that. She was still his mother and he couldn't bring himself to hurt her but Athena was still just as much his sister. "When father comes home we'll talk to him." He kissed her head again before getting up and heading to the door.

"Wait!" Athena burst out, reaching out for him and almost falling off the bed. "Stay here until he comes home." She bit her lip as she curled onto her bed. She was like a child afraid of the monsters under her bed. A complete 180 from how she acted in public. Her home life was rough and that was something she tried her best to hide by being who she is.

"As you wish." Lucas smiled as he pulled up the lounge chair in the corner of her room. Who was he to say no to his baby sister.

About two hours later her father returned home from his hunt. He was greeted affectionately from his wife as he entered into the house. Something felt different. Something smelled different. He knew that scent from anywhere and it was coming from his only daughter's room. In a panicked rush he ran up the stairs to her room where he saw Lucas and Athena asleep on her bed. It always put a smile on his face seeing how close the two of them were. He entered into her room, closing the door behind him, and sat on the side of the bed. His beautiful daughter was everything he could have wanted in a child and he cherished her more than his own life. He moved some of the pink curls from her face as he spoke. "Hun I need you to wake up." He had a gentle smile as if he wasn't angry or concerned with what he was sensing.

Athena's eyes opened slowly as she sat up to see her father sitting beside her. "Father...? Home so soon? Sorry I didn't greet you when you came in." She rubbed her eyes as Lucas started to stir from his slumber.

"It's fine I just need to know why you smell like a vampire. Were you kidnapped or something? Were you hurt?" His tone was still soft but stern. He felt very strongly about vampires and his only daughter having the scent of one as if she was one of them wasn't something he wanted to come home to.

"I met two in school, a boy and his sister. The boy is my friend. He was showing me around." Athena spoke her words carefully so she didn't upset her father. "He's a nice boy. Harmless really." Lucas interjected.

"He's still a vampire. I can't have you hanging around him. He's not one of us and.. Nevermind. You are not to see him again." Her father crossed his arms as he stood up from the bed.

"He goes to my school and he's in all my classes, that's impossible. I'll be fine father." She gave him a reassuring smile but her father held his ground. He didn't want her to be around vampires and he meant it. "Please father.. He's not like the other vampires. He's understanding." She pleaded with him with her puppy eyes. Her father was never one to go against the puppy eyes so he turned around so he didn't have to see them.

"I can never forgive them for what they've done. I don't want the same to happen to you. Please just listen to my words and stay away from him. All vampires are the same and have the same thirst to kill werewolves. Soon the boy will turn on you and I don't want you to be hurt in the process." He sighed as he headed towards the door. "Please little pup, don't make me worry more than I already do." He looked back at her before opening the door.

"Yes father.." Athena looked down at the floor as Lucas got up to leave. "I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight." Lucas waved as he closed the door behind him and his father. Athena plopped down on the bed and sighed. She was annoyed that her parents didn't understand that not every creature is the same. Her father had his reasons, mostly for her safety, but he wouldn't tell her why. It was the same every time she asked about certain topics, he just wouldn't answer or dodge the question. It was getting later in the night and she had school the next day, so she decided it was best to just sleep the whole day off.

[Okay I might have went a little overboard....]

Last edited by a moderator:

As soon as Athena left him on her street, Shannon began to run. The Winters lived on the other side of town to the Belvideres, but as he stuck to the outskirts of town and avoided contact with any humans, Shannon was able to run at full speed and reach his home in a matter of minutes.

The Winters were rich, there was no denying it. Over a century of life gave you some incredible savings, and Genevieve had shelled out on this house in Witham. The larger houses were found in Athena's neighbourhood but the Winters family lived in a mansion; three stories, with a huge front garden and an acre of land in the back, stretching into the forest. Perfect for hunting. The interior of the house was all marble floors and priceless artwork on the white walls. A family of three would never need this much space, but vampires were essentially materialistic beings. They liked nice things.

Evangeline was sitting on the velvet chaise lounge that sat in the entryway, laying on it like Rose in the Titanic, except with clothes on. She was bare of makeup and her hair was pulled into a sloppy bun, and she wore sweatpants and a hoodie, but she still looked exquisite. Shannon knew his sister was beautiful and had no issues with telling people this, but his feelings towards her were nothing but platonic, brotherly love.

Evangeline sighed as Shannon stepped inside. She sat up, wrapped her arms around her legs and balanced her chin on her knees. "How can one person be so unbearably frustrating?" she asked Shannon philosophically.

"She was in trouble," Shannon said, closing the oak door behind him. The interior of the house looked like what you see on television when someone goes into a celebrity's mansion. Every piece of furniture looked pristine and expensive, which it was. No one needed this much furniture, but the Winters still had human guests over occasionally in order to keep up appearances. Kasey had loved staying over at Shannon's house. She also liked nice things.

"Why are you wet?" Evangeline asked, ignoring Shannon's reasoning.

"We went to the beach." Shannon began to walk up the grand, winding stairs to his bedroom. Evangeline followed. "You know that. I smell like the ocean."

Evangeline sighed. They stepped into Shannon's bedroom, which was large and grand and more than he would ever need. He had a bed, even though he physically could not sleep. He stepped into his walk-in closet and closed the door behind him so he could get changed.

"Genevieve's worried about you, Shan," said Evangeline. She was no longer angry and aggressive; instead, her voice was sad and pleading. Shannon knew she was only doing what she was doing because she was worried about her brother, but still, he was stubborn. He knew she was wrong. Athena was not dangerous.

"You and Genevieve don't need to worry about me, Evie," Shannon said, stepping out in loose pyjama pants and a black T-shirt. He wrapped Evangeline in a hug, which she returned, but grudgingly. "I'll be careful, okay?"

Evangeline punched him on the back. "You're stupid."

The stares were different the next day.

Shannon walked into school with Evangeline, like always, and her stares were just the same. Adoration, lust and envy, mixed in with a little bit of fear, fear caused by her predatorial nature the humans were too underdeveloped to pick up. Shannon, however, was stared at with adoration, lust, envy and jealousy, which was new. Sure, people had always been envious of his looks and his money and his social stance, but jealous? What could have caused that?

"... she's only been here one day and she's already dating Shannon Winters, the hottest guy in the school," Shannon heard one Year 10 girl say. She could have only been talking about Athena.

The thought amused Shannon. They had definitely acted very close and touchy yesterday but that was predominately just to annoy Kasey, in which the two had succeeded. But did the student body actually think they were dating? Shannon could only imagine Evangeline's reaction if that were true.

He reached homeroom to see that Athena was already seated beside Shannon's usual desk. He leaned down to mutter into her ear, "People think we're dating," before taking his normal seat.​

Athena laughed after hearing what he said. Humans and their accusations were something she found quite amusing. "That's probably because of what happened yesterday. Also taking me out for a milkshake probably didn't help either." She smiled finding the thought to be the funniest thing in the world. Just because the two were seen together and might have had a suggestive exchange didn't mean they were dating. Any being with a brain should have been able to see that.

"Think the princesses spread the rumors? I wonder what they said about me." She leaned her head against her hand as she scanned the room. Every girl in the vicinity gave her envious looks just as the guys gave the same to Shannon. She was now considered to be towards the top of the social hierarchy because of other's incorrect assumptions. In truth, Athena did not mind since Shannon wasn't like the other boys. "Everyone probably thinks I slept with you to get you to like me. I wouldn't put it past them." She giggled knowing how jealous teenage girls like to spread raunchy rumors the most.

"I could change their minds right now if I wanted to. There are plenty of willing takers in just this room alone. All I have to do is snap my finger." Since the school didn't have some kind of dress code the students generally wore whatever they wanted. Athena was dressed more promiscuously than the previous day. Day one was usually her classy but cute day while day two was the 'time to get as many fans as possible' day. She was dressed in a pair of fitted jeans, dark blue, and a cute v-neck top with long sleeves, just enough to see some cleavage if one really wanted to. Athena was proud of her body and enjoyed using it to her advantage.

"Actually.. I think I'll leave it be for now. I want to see what everyone has to say. Especially the princesses." She said referring to the group of girls that were bothering her the other day. Athena fixed portions of her hair that might have been sticking out from her waterfall braids. She didn't feel like having all her hair in her face so this was the 'cute and creative' alternative.

"Oh, they definitely started it," Shannon agreed. "I personally find the whole affair hilarious."

He moved his chair closer to her table, so they were sharing the same small square of wood. Their legs were touching. "Now, Athena, why on earth would you possibly want to squash this rumour? Not only is it the funniest thing to have ever happened in this boring town, you can't exactly upgrade from this." He gestured to himself as he spoke.

He noticed her smoothing down the hairs that had escaped her braids. He gently pushed her hands away and tucked the flyaway locks back into the woven ropes of rose-gold hair. "That hairstyle looks wonderful on you," he said, just loud enough so the 'princesses' could overhear his doting words.

Even if they had nothing between them romantically, Shannon knew that both he and Athena would have great fun nursing this rumour. They had the same mischievous personality, which, when you think about it, is probably toxic when you pair it together.

The bell rang. As they walked out of form assembly and to English, Shannon took the liberty of loosely slinging his right arm around Athena's tiny waist. This caused clusters of girls standing to the sides of the hall to step closer to one another and whisper. Shannon smirked.

Athena covered her mouth as she giggled watching the girls start collaborating and gasping. "This is far too funny. Next thing you know people are going to start posting pictures all over facebook." The thought of people taking pictures of them together and posting them on social media amused her. "I feel like a celebrity." She figured since she was going to be a celebrity in her school she might as well act the part.

She started blowing kisses and waving to people who stared at her, making the boys weak in their knees and the girls wanting to break hers. Even if people believed that the two of them were together it didn't stop them for falling for her advances. "What if I get stalkers? I've never had those before, mostly because I never lived close enough to town. Anyway, what if someone just shows up at my house or follows me around?" Her tone was sweet as if the question wasn't about something that would creep her out. If she were to get stalked or even harassed it wasn't like she could use her abilities to stop the person. In the eyes of the school as well as the town, Athena was a defenseless girl and she wanted to keep it that way.

The two went through the hallways as if they were royalty and everyone around them were peasants. It was the usual thing that happened with Shannon but the two of them together made it seem real. People awed in their glory and couldn't bring themselves not to stare. Athena was gorgeous in almost every way and Shannon was more than just stunning. In her opinion, the students couldn't handle it and the two of them together were killing them.

"I will do everything in my power to ensure you have the best protection possible," Shannon assured her as they walked into English. "And by that, I mean I'll fang anyone who shows up near your house," he added in a lower voice. "I'm joking."

The next two periods of classes were filled with more of the same thing; everyone looking and Shannon and Athena basking in the attention. Shannon found the entire affair nothing short of hilarious, and he felt that Athena felt the same way.

Recess came and Shannon walked into the cafeteria with Athena, as expected. They sat down near Lucas and for the first five minutes, everything was fine and normal. Then, Shannon felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around, and there stood Evangeline.

"Can I sit?" she asked. Shannon frowned, which she took as a yes. She sat between Shannon and Lucas, looking nothing short of a goddess. She assumed the same position Shannon usually sat in, her head on her hands with her elbow propped on the table. She was staring solidly at Athena across the table.

"I'm not here to fight with you," Evangeline said to Athena. "I just want to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into."

Athena folded her hands together and placed them on the table as Evangeline spoke. "Please do tell." She knew that Evangeline had taken an instant disliking to Athena specifically. In Athena's mind, that might have been for more a reason than just because she was a wolf.

"Maybe the ladies should have a private chat." Her eyes narrowed as she looked Evangeline over. The girl was far more attractive than any of the others in this school, naturally, but there was a vibe about her, one Athena didn't like. She felt like Evangeline was setting her up in a way trying to instill her with a false sense of danger to stay away from Shannon. Whatever it was that she had to say, Athena wanted to hear it.

Lucas looked at the two girls practically glaring at each other and figured it was best to give them some space. In an instant he stood up from the table and dragged Shannon away to another table, closer to the girls who first started the rumors. "Might be best to let them talk it out. She might hold her tongue if you were there." Lucas said as he intently watched the table where his sister was sitting. His expression became more serious remembering the talk the two of them had with their father the night before.

"I think you should know that she's not supposed to be anywhere near you. Our father had requested she stayed clear of you in fear that you might harm her. I don't think that you will so I won't be the one who tells him. Just keep that in mind." He spoke plainly as he informed Shannon of what happened the night before. He didn't think Athena had told him but thought it best that Shannon should know.

Shannon frowned, but nodded in agreement to Lucas's words. "Thank you," he said. "For not telling, I mean. I won't hurt her. Ever."

Shannon watched Evangeline out of the corner of his eye. He tried not to tune into the conversation, but when you have supernaturally advanced hearing, that can be quite difficult.

"This is a dangerous game you're playing," said Evangeline darkly. She kept steady, unwavering eye contact with Athena. "I don't hate you. You have given me no reason to dislike you. But you're a werewolf, and you are all slaves to your emotions. You have no control over your shifts, and as much as you may like to say the contrary, you know it's true. What if he doesn't give you what you want? What if he breaks up with you -- God forbid you actually get together? He's already scarred from one of your kind and I refuse to see it happen to him again."

Evangeline leaned slightly forward and pitched her voice lower. "I'm also doing this for your safety. I know your parents will hate this. I know you'll get in trouble for this. Do you really want to risk your security at home? Also," she added in a drawling voice, leaning back again and smirking, "he's not going to be able to stop me from ripping you apart if you hurt him."

"You know nothing of my family or what my 'security' is like. You have no idea of what I have to carry from my own kind. Don't speak as if you do." Athena slammed her hands down onto the table as the vampire girl warned her. She was correct in every way and she hated it. This was a dangerous move but it was hers to make. Not her parents', not his sister's, but her own. If she felt that this was what she wanted to do then she was going to do it.

"You have no idea what I am capable of. I'm a slave to no one or no thing. I take what I want when I want it. If I so desire Shannon then I shall have him and no one is stopping me." She growled at her knowing the girl was baiting her on. Athena had no intention of bringing any harm to Shannon and she felt that he would do the same. Her emotions stirred towards blatant irritation every moment she spent near Evangeline. She spoke as if she knew exactly what was to happen or like she was going to force her hand to give her a reason. Athena stood up from her seat, growling as she stared Evangeline down with an icy glare.

"On second thought letting them talk alone might not have been the best idea." Lucas scratched the back of his head watching as Athena got more frustrated and even stood up like she wanted to fight her. It wasn't something she would usually do but he figured Evangeline had said something to set her off. "Should we, you know, intervene?" He isn't entirely sure if he wanted to jump in between two violent women ready to claw each other's eyes out. That could end worse for him that it does for the girls.

Evangeline grinned. "Please. I'm a predator, you're just a puppy with a stupid hair colour. You really think I'll have any trouble dealing with a little mutt?"

"Intervening sounds like a fine idea," said Shannon, standing up fluidly and hurrying to the girls' table before Athena could do anything. He grabbed Evangeline by the arm, pulled her away and turned her away from Athena, so she could not see the werewolf girl. "What the hell is your problem?" he asked her angrily. "She didn't do anything to you."

Shannon paused. That was it. Athena had not done anything to him or Evangeline. Evangeline was trying to bait her into doing so, to give her a reason to hate her.

Shannon dropped his arms and stared down at his sister sadly. "Evie ... " How could his sister, someone he had loved so much for so long, do this? He was overwhelmed with disappointment, anger and sadness, and he watched as Evangeline realised this. She tried to say something to him, but he pushed past her and joined the werewolves at their table.

"I'm sorry," he said to Athena. "I'm sorry about Evangeline."

Lucas followed after Shannon, going directly to his sister's side in an attempt to calm her nerves. "You have to calm down. Transforming won't solve anything." He tried to reason with her but it was no use. She kept growling and staring at Evangeline as if she wanted something to happen now that the girl has pushed her. Lucas had never known her to lose her temper while she was amongst the humans but it was slowly starting to look that way.

Athena was completely enraged. Being called a mutt was the last straw and she was ready to fight her regardless. Her eyes started to shift to it's illuminated silver color as she felt herself snapping internally. "I... have to leave..." She felt as though her mind was a train running off its tracks and heading for a wall to crash into.

Her nails grew longer into her claws so she clenched her hands into fists, hard enough to tear through her skin. It was bad enough that she allowed herself to be baited like that but it was getting worse if these high schoolers saw that she was changing into something else. Before anyone could tell her otherwise, she walked out of the cafeteria and into the vacant hallway. People clearly saw that she was upset, some wanted to comfort her but Lucas stopped them from going after her. It was better if someone else had went to make sure she didn't do anything she would regret.

"You want to handle that? She won't listen to me and I'll have to drag her home if she gets any worse." Lucas said before going to more people and assuring them that his dear sister was perfectly fine.

Athena stood in the hallway facing the window with her hands still tightly clenched into fists. The blood started to drip from her hands and onto the floor. "Damn it I'm an idiot." She stared out the window at the vast town outside with an almost pained expression. She felt as though she let someone down for instantly itching to fight.

"You are not an idiot." Her blood was getting to her. The smell ... it was richer and meatier than any human blood. He felt his mouth salivating, the fangs in his gums starting to itch ...

He shook his head, snapping himself out of his trance. "We both need to leave," he said, leaning against the wall beside Athena. "Do you have any reservations against ditching on your second day?"

Lucas had managed to get everyone out of the halls, and Shannon watched Athena with a mix of emotions fighting for dominance in his mind. He was angry at Evangeline and thirsty and sad for Athena and confused as to why he was siding with a werewolf over his sister. What would Genevieve think? How much trouble was he getting both Athena and Lucas into?

Why the hell did her blood smell so appetising? It took him about ten seconds to realise his eyes were burning red, meaning he was thirsty. He looked down, hoping she hadn't noticed.

"I got my claws stuck in my hands like this... I'm an idiot." She brought her bleeding hands up to her face as her claws were still stuck in them. With the adrenaline that rushed through her body she couldn't even feel it. "I have no qualms with leaving, Lucas will cover for me, but can you help me get them out? I don't want to completely bleed out here." She frowned seeing the blood drip onto the floor. Sooner or later it was going to form a puddle.

She looked up at him with her silver eyes seeing there was something different about him. His eyes were a deeper shade of red than the blood that dripped down from her palms. "Sh-Shannon..?" She wasn't sure what was happening to him but she recalled when he said that his eyes turn red when he 'vamps out' which worried her.

Athena pulled her hands back slowly as she took a step back. She wasn't sure if this was because she was bleeding all over the floor or if he was just plain mad. Either way she was nervous.

"Athena, no, it's okay," he said worriedly. "It's just the blood. I'm fine. I'm sorry, it's just a natural reflex. I'm not going to hurt you."

He stopped breathing for a moment, closed his eyes and concentrated on blocking out the smell. It wasn't too hard; he had one hundred and nine years of experience behind him. He opened his eyes again, and they were back to their normal chocolate brown.

"Athena, I'm so sorry," he said sincerely. He hadn't wanted to scare her, and he felt extremely guilty about it. "Can we go out into the woods or something to talk about this? We can go hiking."

Once she had agreed, he lead her to the school's football oval and, because Witham Secondary College had apparently never heard of fencing, out into the forest that bordered the town. They walked for a little while, with Shannon holding back branches for Athena because her claws were still stuck in her palms.

"Athena, I'm sorry," he said again. "It was just the blood. Usually I'm alright when a human cuts themselves by accident or something but ... well, to be honest, your blood smells amazing." He paused. "But I will never hurt you, I promise. I'll never bite you. Unless you ask me to," he half-joked. "Do you still want me to help you with the claws?"

"Unless you ask me to,"

His words caught her off guard given that she wasn't expecting it. Her asking him to bite her didn't seem very probable but she didn't shoot down the idea. "You sound like you want to bite me, Mr. Popular. I don't know if you're deserving." She teased in humor of the moment.

Athena still had her more feral mindset about her so her eyes never changed and her claws never retracted. She wasn't angered by his reaction but more on guard. She didn't think that he would harm her but she wasn't so sure as long as she kept bleeding. Her attention returned to his question of whether she needed assistance, which she did. "Yes... It's starting to make my arms go numb.." She said as she felt a bit more lightheaded as they traveled through the forest, leaving a slight trail of red liquid behind her.

She held her hands up to him making it drip down her arms. The wounds were deep, as if she got stabbed in the hand four times. "Just.. I don't know. Pull them out or something." She winced a bit as she tried to move her fingers but quickly stopped not wanting to do that again.

"Wait did you say my blood smelled amazing? Tell me about it." She paused after remembering that he said something about that. She was curious as to what vampires thought blood smelled like. She was curious as to what he thought hers smelled like. It wasn't every day that a vampire walked up to her and said her blood smelled delicious.

Shannon turned and held his breath and he took Athena's arms. They were standing in the middle of the lush English forest, with no other humans in sight or proximity. He took one of Athena's fingers between his own and slipped it out of the flesh in her palm.

"Well, human blood smells like meat," he explained as he slowly pulled out her other claws. He hoped it wasn't hurting her too much. "Yours smells richer and meatier and just ultimately better. It's the prime cut, and next to it, human blood smells like cheap mincemeat." He finished pulling out her claws and lead her to a nearby stream so she could rinse the blood off of her skin.

"You just smell better generally," he added as she washed off. "It's probably because you're half animal. I bet it's even better than vampire blood," he said, half to himself.

Athena listened attentively as she washed the blood off her arms and hands, revealing the four visible holes in her hand. "Great.." She sighed as she concentrated on retracting her claws. It only took a moment for her to get herself under control and her eyes followed suit, changing back to their mint green color.

"I'm glad I smell good to you. Other werewolves generally smell like nothing but the outdoors and that can get a bit stale." She said with a wide grin. "Hey, I bet you've never tasted werewolf blood. As a vampire, I thought you had no control around it." She said teasingly as she sat near the stream. Even though her claws were out her palms still continued to bleed. The wounds were deep enough to keep it going for a while unless she found a way to close them up. She started to suck on one hand, trying to stop the flow of the blood by applying some kind of pressure.

"Thanks for saving me... Again. I see you're making a habit out of it." She mumbled as she continued to only suck on the one hand. Athena did appreciate that he looked out for her and has saved her on more than one occasion. "How about I let you have a little taste of the 'prime cut' and we can call it even yeah? I mean I'm already bleeding so you don't have to bite me but, if you don't want to or anything," She paused as she moved her hand into her hand. "I'll completely understand." She stopped sucking on her hand and started to unroll her sleeve for that one arm. Athena felt somewhat obligated to repay his kindness to her in some way, though she wasn't going to force him or herself into doing so. Seeing how he took such a liking to her smell and blood she thought this was the appropriate payment for a vampire such as himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.