+ Monster Maladjustment +

L

LunarLavendula

Original poster
This is a supernatural slice of life, with some action and romance thrown in, and lots of magic and plot. Designed to be more on the lighthearted and fun side, the focus is on the balance between the humans, Anons, and their two worlds.
8d52e0d59643d0a347ffa960854067df.png

Plot Synopsis: A group of supernatural creatures called Anons, born from human belief, must adjust to living in the Modern Mortal World. They must live inconspicuous lives among the humans, while simultaneously increasing the amount of belief in the world in order to live on. All the while, following the laws and failing bureaucracy of the Immortal Realm.

Will they adjust to living in a modern human world? Will they be able to keep their existence on the down low? Can they prevent all belief, and thus themselves, from fading away? Can they really live up to the Immortal Realm standards? And is something more going on behind the scenes? Can they keep the humans safe?

Interest Check ♦ IC Thread ♦
Being immortal isn't all it's cracked up to be.

The bustling city in which you live is a typical metropolis. People rush to work, into shops, to their schools. There is money to be made, products to purchase, drama and gossip around every corner. Technology whirrs, people dream, and pigeons strut about the pavements, quite at home in these urban streets.

Not everyone finds it quite so easy to get used to.

On the corner of 13th Street sits a very ordinary looking apartment building. Red brick and a touch run down, there's nothing unusual about this particular place. A little out of the way but still close to the city center, it'd be the ideal place to live for some. Except these apartments never go on sale on the market. They're all reserved for very special individuals....

• Anons •

There are lots of things human beings don't quite understand. Perhaps in ancient times, when people were more in touch with the elements, they understood the magic around them. It was easier then, when gods were gods, monsters were monsters, and mischievous spirits made themselves known. There was a lot more rogue belief floating around, but these days, it's hard to come by. The magic of this world is waning, simply because no one believes in it anymore.

You're an Anon. Specifically, a sentient entity that popped into existence one day in response to a belief or collective belief, usually as a personification of a concept. You survive and thrive on this belief, it fuels your existence. The lucky among you, known as Progenitors, are born from large beliefs held collectively - the manifestations of Death and Love being examples. These entities are ancient and practically immortal, for even in the modern world, people still hold a special place for them in their hearts and minds.

Others of you aren't so lucky. Some of the more fragile among you may have been born from a whimsical thought of an individual, and your days are as fleeting and precious as a butterfly in spring. Most of you fall somewhere in the middle - Concepts that hold enough weight to live a prolonged existence, but not enough to fuel your powers permanently. You live in a state of making ends meet, while enduring the trials and tribulations of mortal society, trying to maintain enough belief to perpetuate your existence while keeping under cover. Or, perhaps, saving up enough to move to greener pastures.

Anons are entirely different and unique from each other. Some Anons look more human, others embody ideas that make them far more strange and unusual. They have different abilities, powers, weaknesses,

•Anon Apartments•
Theres more then meets the eye to this little redbrick building. Thirteen floors high, only the Anons that can pass as human admirably live on the top thirteen floors. Down below the ground its another story. A hidden stairwell and lift allow entry to the secret underbelly of the complex, which stretches on infinitely by magical means, an Anon city in itself. Restaurants, parks, activities and shops, prisons and magical laboritories to name but a few stretch down into the depths. More Anons live here, some in the deeper levels don't interact much with the outside world. This place is both a refuge from the humans and a lonely reminder of the home beyond the veil, so far away.It is only here that magical conduct is allowed, and some floors are decked out in coliseums for sparring purposes. Others are entirely magical zones, with unusual plants and creatures not found in this world.

• The Immortal Realm •

The Immortal Realm is the place beyond the veil, where all belief exists eternally. It's a paradise over there in some respects, for once an Anon - or soul - crosses into the immortal realm they cannot die while there. In ancient times the border between the Mortal and Immortal Realms were blurred, and one could step from one to the other like visiting a neighbour. These days it's not quite so easy. It is an increasing rarity to find a working crossover point - a place where the veil is thin - in the wild, and often rituals are required to open them. The whole ordeal is made that much more complicated by the fact that the Immortal Realm has taken some pointers from it's Mortal counterpart. Namely, paperwork, laws, jurisdictions, and an awful lot of inefficient form-filling procedures.

Nowadays, only authorized portal-hot spots and appropriate crossover procedures are recognized for crossing over to the Immortal Realm. Things are made worse by the fact that there aren't as much time constraints in the Immortal Realm, where time works very very differently, and the world moves slower. There's a waiting list a mile long to get in, and the higher-ups don't seem that bothered. They are, however, very concerned with the belief situation in the Mortal Realm.

• Arrival •

There are many reasons why an Anon ends up in the Mortal Realm in the first place.

The first and most common reason is that Anons are born in the Mortal Realm from a human belief. It can be very disorientating for a fresh-faced Anon to pop into existence in the Mortal modern world, and some older Anons are assigned the occupation of going out into the world and finding these new Anons before they start causing trouble. Then they're exposed to the procedures and paperwork, and it may be many centuries before that Anon earns entry to the Immortal Realm, if they don't wither and die first, or turn rogue.

The second and equally common reason is an Anon is sent back to the Mortal World. This is usually to help with the current critical belief situation, as when belief dies, so do the Anons in the Mortal World that rely on that belief. Not to mention, as magic decreases, so does the effect Anons - and by extension, the Immortal World - can have on the Mortal World. Magic has been steadily dying for many centuries now, and the Immortal and Mortal worlds are separating more and more. The Immortal Realm is on high alert, and more and more reluctant Anons are being sent back through to the Mortal Realm to help.

Another reason an Anon may be sent back to the Mortal World is because they're on community service. The Immortal World has their own rules and systems to follow, and may send more innocuous criminals back to the Mortal World to do their time as a form of punishment.

It is a rare thing indeed for a Anon to desire to come to the Mortal World, due to the threat on their survival, and the fact their abilities are a lot more limited here. While in ancient times Anons were just as powerful in both the realms, this is now not so. Not to mention, of course, the many laws that limit the type of conduct allowed in the Mortal Realm. Sometimes, though, Anons who love humans may come on vacation to the Mortal Realm. It's important to note vacations are usually just as long term as placements, due to the inefficiency of Immortal Bureaucracy. Very few opt to take them, as their is little chance of coming home anytime soon, and many Anons are trying to get out of the Mortal Realm, not in.

Some Anons are unable to leave the Mortal Realm due to unfinished business, enchantments, curses, medical conditions and other such things. The specifics vary greatly from individual to individual, as well as the type of compensation or sometimes, work given.

Rarer still, people may escape into the Mortal Realm, such as outlaws, those in danger, or Anons just running away from certain situations. Any unauthorized entry into the human world is dealt with accordingly, however, it is important to note very few Anons are returned to the Immortal World as punishment. Usually, their punishment is enacted within the human world.

• Laws and Guidelines •
d6c368ef86a8202e0790396651f449e0.png

There are many laws that allow the Immortal Realm to operate at peak inefficiency. Here are some:

- Humans are not to know of the existence of Anons, as this can affect the delicate dwindling balance of belief in the world. Plus, lots of paperwork.

- An Anon and Human should not fall in love or have a romantic entanglement, as this can compromise the first rule.

- Any movement between realms MUST be authorized, particularly if going to the Immortal Realm.

• Chaotic Belief •

Often Belief and emotion go hand in hand. When a buildup of collective negative emotion happens, but with no fully consciously formed belief to anchor it, the result is a Chaotic Belief hotspot. Like a tornado, this is a short term critical event that can cause all sorts of danger and trouble. Ferocious monsters, curses, events, supernatural activity, all these things can be examples of Chaotic Belief events. They are usually short lived but can be dangerous and also alert humans to the existence of Anons. Chaotic Belief events can be both small scale and large scale. It could be as simple as a family argument that causes a Chaotic Belief spike. Generally only larger scale Chaotic Belief events are dealt with by a professional team, but sometimes, small scale events can escalate or merge. Many small scale events can be as dangerous as a large one.

• Immortal Occupations •

Certain Anons have specific jobs to undertake while in the Mortal Realm, associated with the belief that spawned them.

The most important and most common job among Anons is the fulfillment of any requirements of the belief that spawned them, for example, the Grim Reaper to take the dead beyond, Cupid to make couples fall in love. These jobs usually take priority over other Anon jobs, depending on how well that role is already filled and how taxing it is to do.

Many other Anons, however, are there for the general functioning of the two Realms. Here are some examples of jobs an Anon might have in the mortal world. Feel free to create your own.

• •Young Anon Initiator - tasked with locating and initiating Anons into Immortal culture and jurisdiction, and limiting the amount of chaos, fear and damage they create. Often these Initiators are paired up with Anons with psychic abilities, in order to anticipate or sometimes, roughly locate Anons before they are created.

•Bureaucrats - tasked with helping the Immortal Agenda within the mortal realm, these are the people to turn to for paperwork, forms and proper procedure.

•Containment Officer - These officers are tasked with preventing chaotic belief outbursts and closing down danger areas before an event happens.

•Rogue Bounty Hunter - tasked with tracking down and preventing Rogue Anons from causing trouble, they arrest Rogues or - in more serious cases - take 'em down. They also deal with critical belief events.

•Guards - Usually around designated Portal Zones to prevent unauthorized use or in heavy-Anon areas, such as the Apartment Building, to prevent Mortals from catching on.

•Memory Manipulator - Tasked with manipulating the memories of mortals who see Anon-related events, they are the last line of defense when Containment Officers and Rogue Bounty Hunters fail in preserving current mortal awareness. Often this is a dodgey business and frowned upon unless unavoidable.

•Public Relations - Adept at interacting with humans, they facilitate good Anon-Human connections to prevent exposure and place Anons within suitable Human workplaces or schools.

•Official Informants - tasked with collecting information and statistics on trends within the Mortal and Immortal communities, as well as keeping tabs on suspicious Anon or human behavior.

•Architect - tasked with the creation of Anon-appropriate buildings and living conditions, as some Anons have special requirements.

•Psychoanalyst/Counselor - for both humans and in particular Anons, their job is to keep Anons sane and happy and deal with any emotional issues, trauma, or just as counselors. This is partially a preventative measure to stop Anons going Rogue.

•Anon Resources - Often working with Psychoanalysts, Bureaucrats and Public Relations, they make sure requests are taken care of quickly and effectively for good Anon wellbeing.

•Service Providers - often Anons need specific services filled. Some examples may be Chefs who prepare special meals that meet dietary requirements not otherwise readily available in Mortal Culture, or someone who provides Glamours for Anons who must conceal themselves and have no shape shifting abilities, or Anons to conduct specific wedding or other social ceremonies in accordance with Anon beliefs, to name a few.

There are some unlawful 'occupations' that are treated with distain. Anons that go Rogue are no longer allowed to live in the apartments, and are hunted down by Bouty Hunters whose job is to protect the integrity of the first rule. Rogues no longer care for the laws of the Immortal Realm, and like to freely express their existance in modern culture, without hiding their identity from the humans. Some Rogues want power and to rule over the humans, others just want freedom from the constraints and pressures the Immortal Realm has put on them.

Roleplay Guidelines and Information

+ I am looking for ACTIVE players for a long term roleplay. Please also keep an eye on the OOC for plot related discussion.

+ Standard roleplay etiquette and all Iwaku rules apply.

★ a Note on Godmoding: This roleplay is going to have some potentially powerful characters in it eventually. Here's the thing, no one likes godmoding, and it's not going to happen. But I've noticed in alot of roleplays that players are so afraid of godmoding or powerplaying they tend to hold themselves back a little or put in extra clauses in their post explaining how they're not super powerful. When I read those posts, it takes away from the wow factor of that post and seems out of place for that character.
I don't want that. Some Anons ARE super powerful.
I trust you as players. I want you to go do that cool thing you want to do without being scared of breaking a rule. Rules are there to increase overall enjoyment of the roleplay by preventing unruly conduct and I will use them to do that. If you're unsure if what you're doing will upset someone, make a post in the OOC saying what you want to do and see what people think. We're all crafting a story together.
If you make a post that seems overpowered in an out of place way, and I deem that you were not doing it deliberately but were doing it to increase the IC drama, I am just going to ask you to change it. It is only when a person repeatedly breaks this rule at the expense and disregard of other players or the roleplay that I shall reprimand them.

+ Please respect my role as GM. I reserve the right to reject character sheets or stop unruly behaviour.

+ Only make as many characters as you can keep up with playing. Do not make characters solely for the purpose of adding to/protecting/helping another character you play.

+ Feel free to plot! I welcome new ideas and games into the thread. There may also be events thrown in ever so often. These are entirely optional to take part in. It is important to me that every player can craft their adventure as they see fit.

Character Sheets
you are free to add to them as you see fit. For example, some Anons may have multiple forms and will need to provide information on the different appearances.

Anon:

Username:
How active?: note: how active you are comfortable with being.
Plot Candies you are interested in: what part of the roleplay interests you most? what will your character spend most of their time doing?
[Optional Picture goes here]
[Optional Quote]
Name:
Any Titles: [optional]
Gender?:
Age by Appearance:
Appearances:
Under Glamour?:
optional
Creation date, roughly:
Concept:
Concept Information:
Powers/Abilities:
Weaknesses:
Personality:
Character Motivations?:
Opinions on the Immortal Realm:
Opinions on the Mortal Realm:
Mortal Job?:
Immortal Job?:
Apartment Information:
Other Information:

Human:
Username:
How active?: note: how active you are comfortable with being.
Plot Candies you are interested in: what part of the roleplay interests you most? what will your character spend most of their time doing?
[Optional Picture goes here]
[Optional Quote]
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Character Motivations?:
Abilities and strengths:
Fears and weaknesses:
History:
Occupation/School:
Other:

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
• Players •

Lacuna

I am on every day, so can post daily, sometimes several times depending how the roleplay is moving. At the very worst when things get busy, I can post once a week.

Plot Candies for Grim

Death is adjusting to the human world. He has no idea how it works but he wants to be a part of it. He's socially awkward but fascinated by humans. With Death, I eventually sort of imagine him finding a Mentor to teach him about human culture. I'm also interested in how Death fits into the Anon Apartments social scene, how he makes friends there, and how he deals with his crippling melancholy and disinterest in Immortal Realm politics.

Pepper

Usually I am very active, first time when I joined I checked the page from five to five minutes. The only problem is that I am a ery slow writer and into the progress of creation I tend to change the idea. The only busy time will be when I will have to study for univesrty and in the most worst case I will only post 5-10 times on week.

Plot Candies for Marin:
Well, Marin can be tagged as the normal, usual teenager on the last months in university. She is about to finish Law University to be a lawer -duuuh-, but she changed her mind, in the last semester to start her life as an writer, with no money nor help from her parents. She can be a pest, climbing on everyone and at the same time wishing them a painful death. So a willing person with a big heart of gold and a ot of patience for my sclerosed character. Amen.

Kyrion

Possibly every day. Any change in the schedule would get a warning.

Plot Candies you are interested in: While I like epic fantasies, I also love the quotidian things when they have at last a little spice in it: that's why conceptual/magical creatures dealing with normal life sounds a good mix. My character would spend his time interacting socially inside the building (neighborhood things… only weirder) or trying to protect others from Chaotic Belief events of dangerous proportions.

• Progenitors •
Lacuna • The Grim Reaper • M
17571372cd6f8b1acfcc5b706e3bd16c.png

"I am the Bringer of Death. Where's my Coffee?"

Name: Grim
Any Titles: Death, The Grim Reaper, Bringer of Death, Thanatos, Mors, San La Muerte, Yama. Grim has collected many names in his time, some in old tongues long forgotten. He responds to almost all of them, though his memory is a bit foggy at times. Grim is his recent favourite. It's...catchy.

Gender: None, but his voice is deep and gravelly, suggesting he prefers to adopt a male presence most of the time.

Age, Appearance: Usually, Death is a walking skeleton. So... dead guy? When under glamour, he looks like a charming young gentlemen in his 20s.

Appearances:

u7L9u6H.png

Grim can shapeshift a little, depending on what form the soul he is reaping is most likely going to respond to to get them to the afterlife most effectively. He mostly sticks to what he's comfortable with really - black cloak, scythe, that sort of thing. The height, fright factor and sociability of his forms is what changes from reaping to reaping.

A towering hooded figure, he usually stands at an intimidating 6"8. His body is hidden by a long dark cloak, veiling his deathly thin shape from view. Usually he wears his hood up, a huge baggy thing that casts his face into deep darkness. Around the Apartments, he tends to wear it more further back, exposing his skull to view. If feeling casual or ready to party, you can bet that hoods coming down. (Note: he never wants to party)

Under Glamour?:

8S1dt2F.png

When using a Glamour, Death appears to be a young gentlemen in his 20s, standing at about 6"2 in height. In this form his Cloak is far too big for him, draping around him and swamping his arms. It trails around the ground most of the time, but in this form, he has been known to trip over it or have to hoist it up. He hates not wearing his cloak, but sometimes in the human world he has to take it off. Death has no idea about human clothing. He lets more human-knowledgeable Anons pick out his wardrobe, or if no one wants to help, puts in a request with Anon Resources to buy him some appropriate clothes.

Creation date, roughly: It is hard to pinpoint the exact time Death became a personified entity. His memory stretches back to the very beginning of life itself, when the first fear of death was born, but these times are foggy and hazy to him. It was humans that really gave him a name, molded him to their culture. He has had many forms and guises throughout the ages, taking on many personalities as the civilizations that bled their belief into him rose and fell into obscurity. He likes how he is at the moment.
Concept:Personification of Death

Concept Information: Grim is the man who helps the souls of the dead cross over to the Immortal Realm, he reaps the souls of the dead from their bodies. Sometimes they step out of their bodies without his help, and then it's his job to ease them into the afterlife.

Powers/Abilities: Grim has the ability to become invisible, but can be seen by those who have experienced the touch of death (either having died once themselves, being on the verge of dying, or having the experience of someone die with them there)
He can summon his scythe at will, regardless of where he is or what he is doing. A touch of his scythe is an instant kill to a human.

He has a connection to animals associated with death; deathwatch beetles, crows, vultures, coyotes to name a few, and can control these signs at will so long as they're up for it. Some Anon types - such as banshees, who prophesize the coming of death - are his coworkers, and he works with them regularly on missions.

He has the ability to show people their lives lived, bringing them into an alternate world state where they can look through their history and make peace before moving onto the afterlife, or show them the current lives of people around them they care about. Such an ability is of course very useful for solving people's problems - where they put their keys last, solving a murder mystery, things like that - but Death vehemently refuses to do such things and loathes the idea of him doing such menial tasks. He can also use this ability to conjure up visions of hellish landscapes or paradises, whichever is most likely to get his job done quicker.

Death has the ability to return a soul to its body if they die and it's not their time. He's not allowed to give out free passes after all. The balance of life and death and the cycle of nature and all that jazz. Can't go messing with it.

Death has the ability to sense when a person is near-death, and can see how long someone's got left just by looking at them. It appears as a sort of, glowey floating counter above their heads, counting down to their demise. He also has lots of paperwork and records of the expected death date of every creature in existence written in an ancient Progenitor language. It's very messy.

He can wither and blacken things around him. This isn't always a conscious thing he does. Actually it can be really annoying sometimes.
Death can appear where he is needed. This cuts down on travel times a lot.

Death can split his consciousness into many little fragments, to escort multiple people from around the world all at once. People die all the time, but Death is always there.

The ability to raise the dead. He's not supposed to do that, it's pretty much an abomination against nature. But, he did raise his pet goldfish, Plinky. Hey - he filled in the proper paperwork! Well, thats what he says if anyone asks.

Death can techniquely delegate some of his duties. As a Progenitor, he can funnel his belief - which is abundant - into another vessel, creating an extension of his concept that inherits some of his lesser abilities and powers. He's been thinking about taking on an apprentice, but it seems risky and also alot of work.

Weaknesses:
He can't for the life of him look after a plant or pet without it dying. He had a goldfish once, and it lasted about a day. He wasn't even in when it died.

He has no dominion over the living and rarely meddles with them.

He is bound by the law of his creation to escort all dead souls onwards. He has to turn up and take 'em away, he can't just ignore a soul (although there have been a couple of times he might of... forgot for a bit. oops).

Grim does not understand human emotion or behavior even slightly. He does not understand things like love and connection, although he is curious about them.

Death is not very socially adept and usually has no idea how to respond to human social cues. It is possible to manipulate him because of this.

Death has seasons of laziness, melancholy and emotional outbursts.

Death really likes coffee.

Personality:
In the olden days, Grim very much enjoyed being the evil monster hated by man, or the sly trickster who deceived people into dying before their time. Sure, it meant more credit to him and he got a bonus at the end of the year, but these days.. he's just tired. He can't be bothered anymore. He's fed up being the bad guy. It might of started a few centuries back when he saw how the humans celebrated other Anons with such joy. Maybe he got a little jealous, and then depressed, who knows.

Grim exists in a state of melancholy. Being sent back to the Mortal Realm has been a bit of a wake up call for him. He's started to become fascinated by humans, even sort of... liking them a bit. He's eager to be a part of things but he's so socially awkward, he often does things in a very strange backwards way. He means well, and likes to take part in Anon Apartment events, even if he needs a little direction sometimes, he likes to help out.

He's been around along time, so as you'd expect he's very wise and knowledgeable. Normally though he doesn't share information with people about things they aren't aware of - it's led him into trouble in the past.

But in many ways he's kind of childish. He can get stroppy and throw temper tantrums or act like a spoilt child. Other times he really steps up as leader and protector. He is certainly hard to place, but one things for sure: Grim has changed alot since he started this gig. Other Progenitors will attest to this.

Character Motivations?: Death just wants to make his stay in the Mortal World less of a drudgery. He's fascinated by this concept of feeling, this strange idea humans have about the world. Not to mention imagination - what on earth is that about? He yearns to understand, and know the world through their eyes. As such he's actually got quite the soft spot for humans.

Don't get the wrong idea, though. He wants to go home to the nice comfy Immortal Realm where alot of the other progenitors are hanging out. He feels such a sense of loathing towards the Immortal Realm for sending him here on a more permanent basis, but he'll get over it.

He understands his duty and the importance of his job. As much as he can be a bit of a diva, he undertakes his job with grave importance. Except a few times, but hey, he's been doing this gig for thousands of years, one or two slip ups is nothing.

Opinions on the Immortal Realm: Ugh. The Immortal Realm kicked him out because he'd "Lost his spark" and the Mortal Realm "Needed a Progenitor to show 'em how it's done" and he's getting "Lax in his duties". Ok, so he kind of stopped escorting dead people for like a day, but so what? He's allowed a vacation, right? Besides, he's bought a miniature golf course and was learning how to use it... jeez.

He was the first Progenitor sent back through to the Mortal Realm. And they're not letting him back in. Which is utterly ridiculous, do they even know who he is? Death has been around an awful long time, and is very fed up with the jurisdictions and bureaucracy that's seeped into the Immortal Realm workings in the recent years. Things were just fine before that! There was no reason to change things!

He really hates the fact he's not at home in his Immortal Mansion. He EVEN had a garden, for the Progenitor of Life had kept it well tended and alive for him, knowing how difficult it was for him sometimes to pretty much kill everything he touches.

...Death is actually fascinated by Mortals. They're so... weird. And actually kind of endearing. He likes learning about Mortal culture and tries his best to fit in, though he's not that good at it. While he's here, he might as well enjoy it right? Not that he wants to be here long. But still, can't hurt to have a look around…

Mortal Job?:

Death can't hold down a human job to save his life. His most recent foray into the world of work is at a tech company, where he spends his time filling out emails and asking people to turn their computers off and on again. It's pretty soul-sucking work. He kind of likes it.

Immortal Job?:

To reap the souls of the living when it is their time, and to increase belief in the world. Not that he needs it personally, but he knows how important it is for the Immortal World, yada yada yada... blah blah blah... He also looks after the Portal Room. This isn't actually his job... he just figures, if he's stuck in the Mortal Realm and can't go home yet, then NO ONE is getting through that Portal without a permit and proper documents.

Apartment Information:

Grim lives down in the deep, his front door leading off the side of Portal room. Grim's apartment is an endless maze of strangely shaped, jagged rooms, long hallways that snake into darkness. It is said the place has a mind of its own, and the locations of places tend to shift and move around at will. Luckily though, his entertaining areas are near the front door, and quite spacious and tasteful. Deep within his apartment, he keeps his records, and a library with a collection he'd started back from the very beginning. Obviously, these areas aren't open for visitors.

Other Information:

Sometimes, a person's death date is changed, usually by Anon interference. He really hates it when this happens and tends to hold a grudge. He has to fill out forms.

Anons are out of his jurisdiction. When Anons die, there is usually nothing left of them to escort to the Immortal Realm, so he doesn't bother with them. Plus, it's just really weird reaping your friends. Sure, he could perhaps raise them with his own Belief, but at what cost? Who would they become?

He has a goldfish named Plinky.

Progenitor Slot : Love, Open
Progenitor Slot: Creation, Closed Currently

• Anons
Kyrion • Murphey • M
"Humans always accuse me for their own stupidity. Mind, me? I don't mind. I'll just… make their toast fall butter-side down again."

Name: Murphy. In fact he has another name, but he only tells to a few special ones. He can count these 'special ones' on his fingers… of one hand. And there are some free fingers…
Any Titles: You know him, from Murphy's Laws. People frequently think about him with terrible adjectives. Frequently "Sh**!"
Gender?: Male
Age by Appearance:Mid-twenties, when looking human.
Appearances: He's a shapeshifter, because he will assume the form of the bad luck. Even a saltshaker if he needs to disguise himself in a buffet. No one knows. But most frequently he stays as a young man, around 5'10", long brown hair, usually tied in a ponytail, dressed in what used to be old elegant clothes, and now look more like modern Disney Channel's clothes (and he secretly dislikes it), like vests and scarves. Wears glasses. Has light brown eyes, frequently half-closed, and with subtle changes of his eyebrow and lips, his expression changes: slightly bored, very bored, slightly arrogant gentleman, calm observer, typical silent anime character, bored silent and calm arrogant gentleman, ironic. If you are generous, you could call him charming in his manners.

Under Glamour?: He dresses very fancy, brushes his hair, change the glasses for light blue lenses and… what, who are we kidding? He uses the black cat form. A chubby, desperately fluffy with huge puffy tail cat. With fat paws, with cute tiny pads. Because that's glamour. Because that's what everyone loves. Because cat. Because Internet. Because.

Creation date, roughly: People frequently blamed their bad luck in a lot of things, including rituals, witches, bad gods, voodoo and cat racism. But somewhere at the beginning of the XX century, someone created Murphy. He can't recall exactly when, and he's not exactly grateful for his ironic creator. During the century, the number of believers grew remarkably, and he does not need to worry about a sudden disappearance: he only needs to make random flying particles meet innocent eyes and USB entrances change their formats to that of the minotaur labyrinth on the first five tries, and people will keep believing in him.

Concept: Personification of Pessimism // Murphey's Law

Concept Information: You know, if anything can go wrong, it does. And humans must blame someone. Because, of course, it's not their fault. They are too cutesy-sparkling-perfect. Now, their denial created them a real 'enemy'. Any better?

Powers/Abilities: In fact, Murphy is really powerful. He can create all kinds of accidents through completely random (and distant) causes. But he avoids doing so, because he likes the fair game. And no, not everything bad is caused by his doing: there is still justice in the world (he hopes), and natural consequences of common acts ("The guy is kalled Karma, right? Or is it a girl?"). He can also affect other Anons with his power; thing is:if they are really aware of their powers and have intense will, they can overcome Murphy's power. The second thing is: very little know about this. Most Anons also fear he can just make their pants fall during the ball waltz, and while they believe in him, he still keeps his power. Some events he simply can't prevent, but if he's allowed (and wants it) he can give at least a warning. These are usually for minor things. ("Oh, you're wearing sandals again. It's okay, there is enough ice on the refrigerator… Why? Of course you will crunch your toes on the table's corner. Yes, again. Three months? I could swear you crunched them only on the last year…")

To avoid constant planning of misfortunate events, he has a lot of them already scheduled and written in a book, for the next decades. He can come up with additions at any time. He keeps this book in his home, hidden, but can summon it at will. He does not need to write an event for it to happen, but everything written WILL happen, unless he erases it.

Weaknesses: Optimism in Anons (human optimism means nothing. In the deep, all humans know that). Even if he's very attentive, one can still lure him by acting kindly, for he's frequently feared or hated.

Personality: Despite all his doings, Murphy is a very nice guy. He's just a bit distant, quiet, observant, but will act friendly when he gets the chance. It's very, very difficult to surprise him, and even harder to scare him; being used to problematic situations, his mind is frequently cold enough to search for solutions. Also, due to his powers, very few things can really harm him, and he's just safe. He also lacks enthusiasm, being so deeply tied to people's pessimism, but other Anons can bring unexpected emotions to him. He's a safe bet for someone who's in search of a calm companion. He likes art, tea, and rainy days.

Character Motivations?: Murphy is incompatible with motivation. He's the cold Monday morning with broken shower and overly toasted toasts. Well, not always. The man does no talk much about his intentions, but it seems he's fair with everyone. **** happens with everyone, after all. But, what would happen if he really tried to help? Who will dare to make such a friend? Or… WHO would dare to make such an enemy???

Opinions on the Immortal Realm: He was never there. His powers are pretty tied to the human world. Things work under strict laws on the Immortal Realm, and he would be bored too soon… how many pages of documents to fill just to make a divine toast fall divine-butter-side down on the sacred floor? He's just a bit curious, but not too much.

Opinions on the Mortal Realm: He's used to it. Things can get interesting. There is good music here and there, good landscapes, cute animals. So many things that could go wrong. Comedies for example.

Mortal Job?: He writes the scripts for all those commercials for incredible and revolutionary products that will just change your life… you know, those where people always break, shatter, knock down, plunge, fall, and utterly destroy everything they have in their hands, because they still don't have the products that will change their lives, so they can stop acting like octopuses with Parkinson.

Immortal Job?: He helps with Chaotic Belief events. He's good to predict what bad could happen, and how to stop these… you know, even immense beasts created by the wrath of a war can trip on the sidewalk, because Murphy happens.

Apartment Information: His home is just normal, yet he lives underground. He eats, sleeps and lives pretty much like a human, because that's his choice. He probably survives without it. His place has three bedrooms, working chamber, a nice living room, a good kitchen, a small inner garden, bathrooms and a big library, with thousands of books. Some say his book of misfortunes is hidden among the others. Everything is decorated with old and very comfortable furniture (canopy beds, huge chairs, heavy curtains, etc… just avoiding those pictures of old dead people. That would be creepy)

Other Information: He's perfectly ambidextrous. In fact, he can be considered agile, graceful and skillful, merely because he knows how to avoid (most) accidents. He likes to dance and read. And he has a pet: a possibly immortal moth. It's in fact a Chaotic Belief: many years before, a family dog was hit by a car very badly, but survived unharmed by miracle. The two boys from the family had the absolute conviction their dog was immortal and invincible, thus, this little creature was born, sharing the same indestructible characteristics. But, the kids grew… and, at the right time, the dog died very old; of course their conviction ended too. So… the moth should cease existing. But it was indestructible.

Murphy adopted the dead-undying moth as his pet, and thought about calling it Schrödinger, but it grew tiring. Many names followed: Glory, Methuselah, Goku, Sean Bean, and Nokia, to name a few… the names will always change. But he frequently returns to Dox (from 'Paradox'). It still exists, and follow him almost everywhere, flying around and usually not bothering anyone.​

• Humans •
Pepper • Marin Fellas • F
tumblr_mo2jx0DZnV1ric9u3o1_1280.jpg
The One
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."

Name: "Hush Hush baby. Is not nice to ask for a lady's name on the first date."
Marin Fellas

"Ok, now you ask for my age ? Ugh suck a stalker ! POLICE ! HELP ! SEXUAL HARASSMENT !"
24 years old

Female

Appearance: "I can shake your world baby !"

As a first glare Marin is not ugly, nor average, somehow around the middle. Depending on how she behaves her outfit is changing just like the weather. She has long limbs, often being considered an anorexic because it is not seen when she eats.Has big pink lips of a natural color, with a triangular shape of her face, with a pink skin and soft. Was blessed by mother nature with long eyelashes and dense. For her age, Marin is quite a tall woman, reaching about 1,76 cm. Posses long and thing fingers with the perfect length of her nails. Recently she made a passion for nail art and often spends like three hours making the most impossible draws on nails. She wishes that before she goes legally nuts to make her boyfriend -who this might be- or her boy friend the pinky finger.
Personality: "I don't think you have the necessary abilities to understand me."

How to start everything. At a first meeting Marin is quite the average student that you can met, no, maybe a little too sweet for your tastes, but with a glimpse of innocence she can caught your attention. Since she was young,was diagnosed with a mental illness, for the moment not to dangerous for society. But during certain events she can turn into a total b*tch and push you down in Hell or better, makes you to live one. Per generally she is an understand creature, tagged in society as a miss goody-two-shoes who is ready, as a damsel in distress to save you from a danger. My advice, never be to surprised if she was part of this plan. With a split-personality she always had to deal with herself at power 3. On a daily basis, putting aside the other three characters she is pretty stubborn, wild and strangely very smart. Her parents thought that because of her IQ above average, she got this mental disorder. Honestly, from her beginnings, Marin was among the few prodigies that could solve complex math or physics problems at a fragile age. When other girls were playing with dolls she participated in national competitions or at that age when you should fall in love she already had in hand her PhD. In life nothing could stop Marin to make the impossible, even it might sound absurd. Her stubbornness opened her a lot of doors to various positions, but declined all saying : "I will choose something in the moment I feel complete." And with other two personalities that knock every part of your brain I rather find it impossible; still, she was helped by society with a pretty large sum of money to come up with new ideas for projects. Most of the technologies used in present are her art work, but her last wish: "To make something that will shake the world." Putting aside the image of a very intelligent creature with a PhD at 18 years old in math and physics, many of her delicts were 'erased' from documents. Her first boyfriend, who was a classmate found it interesting to play with the prodigy's heart. After Marin found out that he cheated on her with her best friend she didn't has a second thought. One night, before their final break-up, she call and told him to come to her house to hook up. The poor boy, it didn't happen as he wanted. Marin tied him on the chair unde the excuse to show him a 'special' dance. In pure hatred and anger she cut his tongue off, well, at least it let his pride untouched, as for her best friend, she was sure that she won't leave the house to soon. Marin took care of her and made a surprise, a permanet hairstyle. Against her were sent enough threatening letters to make her to no't come out of her house. But no, Marin wasn't the type of person to be scared from something so trivial, she always had with her a small gun. As everything seem to be torn out a very good written novel, it wasn't. She got a penthouse, in the most rich district, a lab to mess up with the natural order of things and a spider. Yes, loved spiders, she had a black widow named Pandora. Over the time she started to attend a Law University, her lab daily routine bored her and she wanted something else. As much Marin wanted to no't stand out she couldn't help it. She once started a serious argue with the teacher based on her project paper being told she took someone else work. As the verbal fight with arguments was holed she made BOOM, with a massive headache she slapped the teacher and went off. After that she was assaulted by some boys, a little attempt to rape, with no success because Miss Hyde made her way out and injured them, on the train tracks with a blew goodbye kiss. From that night she has a phobia for men, she doesn't stand them closer to her in large groups, that's way she avoids crowed places and public bars.

Per total is Miss Hyde, the dark side, to be said, who take cares of nasty jobs and comes with nasty,sadistic and gross ideas. Miss goody-two-shoes, the light side, wich on a 88% she take care of her social life and Miss prodigy, which is her daily, her, bored of life sometimes, but at times comes with incredible ideas for projects, when it comes to be social is a fish on the land, is charistmatic when it comes to work and pretty much unstale and childish, ready to figure out the universe.

Character Motivations?: "Dear, you don't have enough time to listen to me."

Beside her arrong character, Marin want's to offer a better life for everyone, to creat things that you just dream about it, to explore the impossible and make it possible.

Abilities and strengths: "Tsk...kids."
Blessed with a very high IQ, around 185 and is a walking human wikipedia, the third after Bob Petrella and Rick Baron. She doesn't fear death, is rather aware that everyone dies at a time.

Fears and weaknesses: "A God has a no thing such as weaknesses."

What fears are the men, she fear them, but at the same time has a great weaknesses for them. Are God's first human made ! Adam the man ! Since she was 7 she never had the proper body for the P.E class, so any form of sport is a pain for her. From time to time, when she literally argues with herself, Marin has massive headaches which leads to temporal amnesia (the other two are gone for good). She easily falls for the sweet talk intelectual thing, as long it is a long and interesting conversation, if no't, she leaves. Thunders are the main reason why she hides under the blanket or, occasionally in churches. Failure, to fail at something is like the end of the world for her.

History: " A brief history of myself mortal !"

If time is a blessing for others, not for her. A mere curse that makes her feel like a God cursed down on Earth from Heaven because of a mere stupid action. Yet, Marin doesn't feel like a God herself, just an eye for him. She was born among the most intelligent persons on Earth, she, herself was a prodigy at a young age. She hated herself, but then she loved herself, awkward indeed, but well, we can't always be perfect. But because of her mind she ruled the world in her own way. The world itself and with all her mysteries made Marin to lust for knowledge.

She was a normal prodigy to say, beside the two other personalities that pop out of nowhere and change her fate randomly. But over time Marin began to get used to them, somehow in a strange way they were like sisters for her. Somehow she understand how things began to work and loved to mess up with things, I mean she wasn't the only one. At dangerous time when a big mouth and fist of iron were needed, Mz Hyde was by her side. Since by nature, Marin always wished to be a very social person, well, at least to can talk with someone without to get lost in the first two words. Miss Goody-two-shoes became her good side. Both act as a sort of consciousness, who can talk and use her body, from time to time.

Her first boyfriend who tried to cheat on her, well Mz Hyde took care of him and of her best friend. Then she decided, that will finish the Law University with her master and that is all. She will start her new life as a writer, boring, but still, no one will dare to judge her, only her work.

Her relationship with her parents was no't a good one, well, they are dead, in her closet, at the countryside. Let's say, that things didn't work to well between them when Marin told them that will go to university, in the big city. And Mz Hyde took care of it, for ever, well, 'accidents' still happen, right ?

Let's say that Marin is not a saint nor the devil, but for those who stay in her way, firstly she will be nice, they don't understand ? Good, 'cause Mz Hyde is ready to mess up with the natural order of things, every time. She doesn't fear death, no, she will wait him/her with the open door when she thinks it is the time.

School:
Math and Physics University at 18 years old had the PhD
Law University at 24 years old is in the last semester to have the master

"The God of Modern society" (title gived by herself)
Creates the plans for future technologies and prototypes

Other:
- As a habit, when she is nervous bites her lower lip
- Has Pandora with herself all the time
- Loves strawberries in chocolate
- Has a sweet tooth
-Loves tricky games
-Has a passion for mind games
- Sleeps with her teddy bear Berny

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
How active?:
Usually I am very active, first time when I joined I checked the page from five to five minutes. The only problem is that I am a ery slow writer and into the progress of creation I tend to change the idea. The only busy time will be when I will have to study for univesrty and in the most worst case I will only post 5-10 times on week.

Plot Candies for Marin:
Well, Marin can be tagged as the normal, usual teenager on the last months in university. She is about to finish Law University to be a lawer -duuuh-, but she changed her mind, in the last semester to start her life as an writer, with no money nor help from her parents. She can be a pest, climbing on everyone and at the same time wishing them a painful death. So a willing person with a big heart of gold and a ot of patience for my sclerosed character. Amen.

The one
"
In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."

Name: "Hush Hush baby. Is not nice to ask for a lady's name on the first date."
Marin Fellas

"Ok, now you ask for my age ? Ugh suck a stalker ! POLICE ! HELP ! SEXUAL HARASSMENT !"
24 years old
Female

Appearance: "I can shake your world baby !"
As a first glare Marin is not ugly, nor average, somehow around the middle. Depending on how she behaves her outfit is changing just like the weather. She has long limbs, often being considered an anorexic because it is not seen when she eats.Has big pink lips of a natural color, with a triangular shape of her face, with a pink skin and soft. Was blessed by mother nature with long eyelashes and dense. For her age, Marin is quite a tall woman, reaching about 1,76 cm. Posses long and thing fingers with the perfect length of her nails. Recently she made a passion for nail art and often spends like three hours making the most impossible draws on nails. She wishes that before she goes legally nuts to make her boyfriend -who this might be- or her boy friend the pinky finger.
Personality: "I don't think you have the necessary abilities to understand me."
How to start everything. At a first meeting Marin is quite the average student that you can met, no, maybe a little too sweet for your tastes, but with a glimpse of innocence she can caught your attention. Since she was young,was diagnosed with a mental illness, for the moment not to dangerous for society. But during certain events she can turn into a total b*tch and push you down in Hell or better, makes you to live one. Per generally she is an understand creature, tagged in society as a miss goody-two-shoes who is ready, as a damsel in distress to save you from a danger. My advice, never be to surprised if she was part of this plan. With a split-personality she always had to deal with herself at power 3. On a daily basis, putting aside the other three characters she is pretty stubborn, wild and strangely very smart. Her parents thought that because of her IQ above average, she got this mental disorder. Honestly, from her beginnings, Marin was among the few prodigies that could solve complex math or physics problems at a fragile age. When other girls were playing with dolls she participated in national competitions or at that age when you should fall in love she already had in hand her PhD. In life nothing could stop Marin to make the impossible, even it might sound absurd. Her stubbornness opened her a lot of doors to various positions, but declined all saying : "I will choose something in the moment I feel complete." And with other two personalities that knock every part of your brain I rather find it impossible; still, she was helped by society with a pretty large sum of money to come up with new ideas for projects. Most of the technologies used in present are her art work, but her last wish: "To make something that will shake the world." Putting aside the image of a very intelligent creature with a PhD at 18 years old in math and physics, many of her delicts were 'erased' from documents. Her first boyfriend, who was a classmate found it interesting to play with the prodigy's heart. After Marin found out that he cheated on her with her best friend she didn't has a second thought. One night, before their final break-up, she call and told him to come to her house to hook up. The poor boy, it didn't happen as he wanted. Marin tied him on the chair unde the excuse to show him a 'special' dance. In pure hatred and anger she cut his tongue off, well, at least it let his pride untouched, as for her best friend, she was sure that she won't leave the house to soon. Marin took care of her and made a surprise, a permanet hairstyle. Against her were sent enough threatening letters to make her to no't come out of her house. But no, Marin wasn't the type of person to be scared from something so trivial, she always had with her a small gun. As everything seem to be torn out a very good written novel, it wasn't. She got a penthouse, in the most rich district, a lab to mess up with the natural order of things and a spider. Yes, loved spiders, she had a black widow named Pandora. Over the time she started to attend a Law University, her lab daily routine bored her and she wanted something else. As much Marin wanted to no't stand out she couldn't help it. She once started a serious argue with the teacher based on her project paper being told she took someone else work. As the verbal fight with arguments was holed she made BOOM, with a massive headache she slapped the teacher and went off. After that she was assaulted by some boys, a little attempt to rape, with no success because Miss Hyde made her way out and injured them, on the train tracks with a blew goodbye kiss. From that night she has a phobia for men, she doesn't stand them closer to her in large groups, that's way she avoids crowed places and public bars.

Per total is Miss Hyde, the dark side, to be said, who take cares of nasty jobs and comes with nasty,sadistic and gross ideas. Miss goody-two-shoes, the light side, wich on a 88% she take care of her social life and Miss prodigy, which is her daily, her, bored of life sometimes, but at times comes with incredible ideas for projects, when it comes to be social is a fish on the land, is charistmatic when it comes to work and pretty much unstale and childish, ready to figure out the universe.

Character Motivations?: "Dear, you don't have enough time to listen to me."
Beside her arrong character, Marin want's to offer a better life for everyone, to creat things that you just dream about it, to explore the impossible and make it possible.

Abilities and strengths: "
Tsk...kids."
Blessed with a very high IQ, around 185 and is a walking human wikipedia, the third after Bob Petrella and Rick Baron. She doesn't fear death, is rather aware that everyone dies at a time.

Fears and weaknesses: "
A God has a no thing such as weaknesses."
What fears are the men, she fear them, but at the same time has a great weaknesses for them. Are God's first human made ! Adam the man ! Since she was 7 she never had the proper body for the P.E class, so any form of sport is a pain for her. From time to time, when she literally argues with herself, Marin has massive headaches which leads to temporal amnesia (the other two are gone for good). She easily falls for the sweet talk intelectual thing, as long it is a long and interesting conversation, if no't, she leaves. Thunders are the main reason why she hides under the blanket or, occasionally in churches. Failure, to fail at something is like the end of the world for her.

History: "
A brief history of myself mortal !"
If time is a blessing for others, not for her. A mere curse that makes her feel like a God cursed down on Earth from Heaven because of a mere stupid action. Yet, Marin doesn't feel like a God herself, just an eye for him. She was born among the most intelligent persons on Earth, she, herself was a prodigy at a young age. She hated herself, but then she loved herself, awkward indeed, but well, we can't always be perfect. But because of her mind she ruled the world in her own way. The world itself and with all her mysteries made Marin to lust for knowledge.
She was a normal prodigy to say, beside the two other personalities that pop out of nowhere and change her fate randomly. But over time Marin began to get used to them, somehow in a strange way they were like sisters for her. Somehow she understand how things began to work and loved to mess up with things, I mean she wasn't the only one. At dangerous time when a big mouth and fist of iron were needed, Mz Hyde was by her side. Since by nature, Marin always wished to be a very social person, well, at least to can talk with someone without to get lost in the first two words. Miss Goody-two-shoes became her good side. Both act as a sort of consciousness, who can talk and use her body, from time to time.
Her first boyfriend who tried to cheat on her, well Mz Hyde took care of him and of her best friend. Then she decided, that will finish the Law University with her master and that is all. She will start her new life as a writer, boring, but still, no one will dare to judge her, only her work.
Her relationship with her parents was no't a good one, well, they are dead, in her closet, at the countryside. Let's say, that things didn't work to well between them when Marin told them that will go to university, in the big city. And Mz Hyde took care of it, for ever, well, 'accidents' still happen, right ?
Let's say that Marin is not a saint nor the devil, but for those who stay in her way, firstly she will be nice, they don't understand ? Good, 'cause Mz Hyde is ready to mess up with the natural order of things, every time. She doesn't fear death, no, she will wait him/her with the open door when she thinks it is the time.

School:
Math and Physics University at 18 years old had the PhD
Law University at 24 years old is in the last semester to have the master

"The God of Modern society" (title gived by herself)

Creates the plans for future technologies and prototypes
Other:
- As a habit, when she is nervous bites her lower lip
- Has Pandora with herself all the time
- Loves strawberries in chocolate
- Has a sweet tooth
-Loves tricky games
-Has a passion for mind games
- Sleeps with her teddy bear Berny

Heya Pepper :D
*Gets out confetti and party poppers*
IT'S ALIIIIVEEEEEEEEE

...well, some of the formatting is still an abomination, but...

ALLLIIIIIVEEEEE!
*crash of lightning*

Woman calm down. Everything -proud- is PERFECT ! Still, Fast question ! Can My personality be bipolar ? I mean I was thinking about a butterfly personality or goody-two-shoes with bipolar illness. ORRRRR with split-personality. I always wanted to make a young hopeless soul who dream to became a writer with a split-personality ! Woman I LOVE YA ! YOu give me the most strange ideas !

Go ahead! Sounds like it could turn out pretty interesting :D

Uh God, thank God. I am not done, yet. Damn history and sorry for grammar mistakes. If you want for me to change something tell me. I tried my best to make the character that I wanted.

Looking good so far, wouldn't want to get on her bad side! Let me know when you're happy with it :3

Oh, I didn't realize this thread was up yet. I'll get right on my CS.

Thinking about making a CS. I'm just not sure if I can be quite as active as needed yet.

Either way, I'll be lurking till I make up my mind :P

take your time guys, no pressure :D

So far I like my sheet, but I will have to work at a history. Because of Miss Hyde and Miss goody-two-shoes, I want to write a rather complex history, but with the laziness that I have right now I will have to apologize, it won't happen to soon. I will stalk this place to see the new born Anons :D
------------
Well, I made the History, well, some sort of it, somehow more like thoughts. I am happy with the CS for the moment, I mean is done.

No no no ! Miss Hyde is the bad one :)) God, will truly be a fight to think in three different ways. I hope God's will have mercy and will make a miracle in the future :)

I really love this concept. I'm already working on a CS. But I'm a slow writer (in English, things get worse). Be patient, please! ^_^

Edit: Here it is! Sorry for the typos (I'm tired, and had fever these last days, so... if there is anything terrible, tell me, and I'll edit). Probably will adapt a little thing here and there if I re-read it. Also, I can't find a good picture now, but I won't give up.

I'm still thinking for a better weakness... I accept suggestions.

Username : Kyrion

How active?:
Possibly every day. Any change in the schedule would get a warning.

Plot Candies you are interested in:
While I like epic fantasies, I also love the quotidian things when they have at last a little spice in it: that's why conceptual/magical creatures dealing with normal life sounds a good mix. My character would spend his time interacting socially inside the building (neighborhood things… only weirder) or trying to protect others from Chaotic Belief events of dangerous proportions.

"Humans always accuse me for their own stupidity. Mind, me? I don't mind. I'll just… make their toast fall butter-side down again."

Name:
Murphy. In fact he has another name, but he only tells to a few special ones. He can count these 'special ones' on his fingers… of one hand. And there are some free fingers…

Any Titles:
You know him, from Murphy's Laws. People frequently think about him with terrible adjectives. Frequently "Sh**!"

Gender?: Male

Age by Appearance:
Mid-twenties, when looking human.

Appearances:
He's a shapeshifter, because he will assume the form of the bad luck. Even a saltshaker if he needs to disguise himself in a buffet. No one knows. But most frequently he stays as a young man, around 5'10", long brown hair, usually tied in a ponytail, dressed in what used to be old elegant clothes, and now look more like modern Disney Channel's clothes (and he secretly dislikes it), like vests and scarves. Wears glasses. Has light brown eyes, frequently half-closed, and with subtle changes of his eyebrow and lips, his expression changes: slightly bored, very bored, slightly arrogant gentleman, calm observer, typical silent anime character, bored silent and calm arrogant gentleman, ironic. If you are generous, you could call him charming in his manners.

Under Glamour?:
He dresses very fancy, brushes his hair, change the glasses for light blue lenses and… what, who are we kidding? He uses the black cat form. A chubby, desperately fluffy with huge puffy tail cat. With fat paws, with cute tiny pads. Because that's glamour. Because that's what everyone loves. Because cat. Because Internet. Because.

Creation date, roughly:
People frequently blamed their bad luck in a lot of things, including rituals, witches, bad gods, voodoo and cat racism. But somewhere at the beginning of the XX century, someone created Murphy. He can't recall exactly when, and he's not exactly grateful for his ironic creator. During the century, the number of believers grew remarkably, and he does not need to worry about a sudden disappearance: he only needs to make random flying particles meet innocent eyes and USB entrances change their formats to that of the minotaur labyrinth on the first five tries, and people will keep believing in him.

Concept:
Personification of Pessimism?

Concept Information:
You know, if anything can go wrong, it does. And humans must blame someone. Because, of course, it's not their fault. They are too cutesy-sparkling-perfect. Now, their denial created them a real 'enemy'. Any better?

Powers/Abilities:
In fact, Murphy is really powerful. He can create all kinds of accidents through completely random (and distant) causes. But he avoids doing so, because he likes the fair game. And no, not everything bad is caused by his doing: there is still justice in the world (he hopes), and natural consequences of common acts ("The guy is kalled Karma, right? Or is it a girl?"). He can also affect other Anons with his power; thing is:if they are really aware of their powers and have intense will, they can overcome Murphy's power. The second thing is: very little know about this. Most Anons also fear he can just make their pants fall during the ball waltz, and while they believe in him, he still keeps his power. Some events he simply can't prevent, but if he's allowed (and wants it) he can give at least a warning. These are usually for minor things. ("Oh, you're wearing sandals again. It's okay, there is enough ice on the refrigerator… Why? Of course you will crunch your toes on the table's corner. Yes, again. Three months? I could swear you crunched them only on the last year…")

To avoid constant planning of misfortunate events, he has a lot of them already scheduled and written in a book, for the next decades. He can come up with additions at any time. He keeps this book in his home, hidden, but can summon it at will. He does not need to write an event for it to happen, but everything written WILL happen, unless he erases it.

Weaknesses:
Optimism in Anons (human optimism means nothing. In the deep, all humans know that). Even if he's very attentive, one can still lure him by acting kindly, for he's frequently feared or hated.

Personality:
Despite all his doings, Murphy is a very nice guy. He's just a bit distant, quiet, observant, but will act friendly when he gets the chance. It's very, very difficult to surprise him, and even harder to scare him; being used to problematic situations, his mind is frequently cold enough to search for solutions. Also, due to his powers, very few things can really harm him, and he's just safe. He also lacks enthusiasm, being so deeply tied to people's pessimism, but other Anons can bring unexpected emotions to him. He's a safe bet for someone who's in search of a calm companion. He likes art, tea, and rainy days.

Character Motivations?: Murphy is incompatible with motivation. He's the cold Monday morning with broken shower and overly toasted toasts. Well, not always. The man does no talk much about his intentions, but it seems he's fair with everyone. **** happens with everyone, after all. But, what would happen if he really tried to help? Who will dare to make such a friend? Or… WHO would dare to make such an
enemy???

Opinions on the Immortal Realm:
He was never there. His powers are pretty tied to the human world. Things work under strict laws on the Immortal Realm, and he would be bored too soon… how many pages of documents to fill just to make a divine toast fall divine-butter-side down on the sacred floor? He's just a bit curious, but not too much.

He's used to it. Things can get interesting. There is good music here and there, good landscapes, cute animals. So many things that could go wrong. Comedies for example.

Mortal Job?:
He writes the scripts for all those commercials for incredible and revolutionary products that will just change your life… you know, those where people always break, shatter, knock down, plunge, fall, and utterly destroy everything they have in their hands, because they still don't have the products that will change their lives, so they can stop acting like octopuses with Parkinson.

Immortal Job?:
He helps with Chaotic Belief events. He's good to predict what bad could happen, and how to stop these… you know, even immense beasts created by the wrath of a war can trip on the sidewalk, because Murphy happens.

Apartment Information:
His home is just normal, yet he lives underground. He eats, sleeps and lives pretty much like a human, because that's his choice. He probably survives without it. His place has three bedrooms, working chamber, a nice living room, a good kitchen, a small inner garden, bathrooms and a big library, with thousands of books. Some say his book of misfortunes is hidden among the others. Everything is decorated with old and very comfortable furniture (canopy beds, huge chairs, heavy curtains, etc… just avoiding those pictures of old dead people. That would be creepy)

Other Information: He's perfectly ambidextrous. In fact, he can be considered agile, graceful and skillful, merely because he knows how to avoid (most) accidents. He likes to dance and read. And he has a pet: a possibly immortal moth. It's in fact a Chaotic Belief: many years before, a family dog was hit by a car very badly, but survived unharmed by miracle. The two boys from the family had the absolute conviction their dog was immortal and invincible, thus, this little creature was born, sharing the same indestructible characteristics. But, the kids grew… and, at the right time, the dog died very old; of course their conviction ended too. So… the moth should cease existing. But it was indestructible.

Murphy adopted the dead-undying moth as his pet, and thought about calling it Schrödinger, but it grew tiring. Many names followed: Glory, Methuselah, Goku, Sean Bean, and Nokia, to name a few… the names will always change. But he frequently returns to Dox (from 'Paradox'). It still exists, and follow him almost everywhere, flying around and usually not bothering anyone.

oh my gosh. that concept is genius, right down to the the moth! XD I love it, he's going to cause alot of fun I feel.

Accepted!

• Thank You
Soo cute ^-^ he might cause a lot but I bet on 50$ that we won't like each other :)), with all 3 in the role-play.

Hey, thanks for the kind words, you two ^_^
Well, Murphy will try his way to live the better possible with everyone, but it's easy for him being hated. I mean, people get a bit paranoid, and every time something bad happens, someone blames him. Maybe with some reason. Sometimes he will check on his book to be sure, for he can forget some details XD

About his powers, I was thinking: basically, all "Murphy Laws" are GM, because they affect directly other players; so, I'm going to post giving the hints and intentions for my character, and the player will choose if the event will actually happen, and the intensity of the results. For example: "Murphy guides 'char. X' to the sidewalks full of cracks where someone could trip, and where, not very far, lies a canine biological bomb." The player of 'char. X.' will decide if the char will actually trip or step on the dog poop. If the event is bigger or important to the plot, I'll talk with the player through the OOC thread or PM and discuss the details.

If you don't mind, I'll just use his power without much questioning (but within normal standards) with random NPCs from time to time. Also, everyone is free to create a quick scene with a nervous NPCs blaming him for something, unless it brings problems to the main plot XD

Right now I feel so sad. Lacuna sorry, I have something ro say, it will be awful.
Really? Stepping on a dog's treasure? How about something like this, happened a little while :D My sister, my younger one, 9 yeras exactly, decided that before she will leave to make bats that fly. Yea, I don't fear them nor to like them. I helped her to hang them on the cieling, well, they seem to fly. One fall down, on my head, i panicked, run in front, the pinky toe from the left leg met with the corner of the table. I tried to calm down, my pinky from the right meet a single piece of lego, and I thought to die(I study right now so I have to keep my hand busy in order to learn faster, yea strange, I know, so the lego became the fist choice) ok, so by the laws of physics is normal ?
I am a dramatic one, God made me, so if you dare to make me step on a dog's treasure I will throw it at the dog. I mean it, anyway, I will keep the drama normal, but I will give you ideas that will even make Loki to cry of joy.
I promise to not scare no one, but if you can feel my joy and pain right now, you night understand...
Sorry Lacuna to creep people out -hides-

awwwwh Pepper don't worry xD it's all in good fun! *pulls you out of hiding and offers some cake*

Feel free to go buck wild on the NPCs, they're there to add to plot/characters after all :D as for players, I am sure they'll be making use of Murphey's influence. I know I blame him on a regular basis personally xD

I'm sorely tempted to make another Anon, but I want the concept to be really cooky or obscure. Unlike Grim, who's a progenitor, I'm thinking of making an Anon who has to work hard for their belief.

also ohmygosh, formatting hates my guts. I will find a way to beat the formatting demon if it kills me.