1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Prestige
  6. Douche
  7. Adaptable
Genres
Modern, Military, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Magical, Romance, Furry, Anime, Alternate Dimension Modern, Horror, Supernatural
Hello all! So i'm a long time Iwaku member, but only recently returned, and i'd like to know if people would be interested in a Monster Hunter based RP. It'd be a *bit* sandboxy but there would be an overall story that i'm pushing for. The premise would be that a lot of the various Elder Dragons, Large Monsters and Small Monsters are lowering in number, and even when the Elder Crossing comes around the Elder Dragons are no longer migrating like they normally would. Instead it seems a large amount of monsters, new and old, are migrating over time to a new locale far off of the maps currently known. The RPers would be RPing as the Hunters going to this new locale and finding out why they're all migrating, where these new monsters/sub-species came from, and what this place is exactly.

Now with my RP's I like to go a bit overboard (I used to put tabs inside of tabs inside of tabs, after all) so i'd most likely make a bestiary of the various monsters found, alongside possible statistics. I also like to game-ize things, because I find it makes it more interesting, so i'd like opinions on that as well.

By game-ize I mean 1 of 2 things. Both involve making you give Stats, in a certain fashion, to your character. These stats are just used to measure and compare when possible player vs player or player vs environment stuff would pop up. The difference would be that in one these stats would give a bonus, we'd use dice and challenges would be based around these dice. The other would just be that these stats are just that, stats used to compare you against other things allowing you to make more informed decisions RP wise, though you could increase them through training (which I, the GM/DM/RM would tell you).

So this is both an interest check and an inquiry. Would people be interested in doing this RP for one, and would people I rather game-ize it a bit or not?

Well it's been awhile since i've gotten into the swing of things. I might as well break back into habit here.

• Love
Reactions: Multi
Well it's been awhile since i've gotten into the swing of things. I might as well break back into habit here.

Blitz! Nice to see ya again! I'd be glad to see you around.

I will be in the same boat as Dapper, definitely keep an eye on it

Reactions: Multi
So I'm still iffy on the amount of game-izing, so what would people rather do? Stats that are just used to compare things, or utilize Dice in relation with these stats?

I was also wondering if people would like it if I were to post the list of Large and Small monsters here.

Typically from what i've seen it's better to have stats and then roleplay appropriately. With dice involved well then you can get screwed over constantly. And if ya wanna write creatively then constantly having to write down failures does grow a bit taxing. Also feel free to post the list if ya want. Probably would give others even more of an idea of if they feel like joining on in or not depending.