Monster Hunter: Age of Dragons OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Owari

Username: GlassTrinity

fTmdWpm.png
3qIuvBa.png

Armor: Uniqlo armor with Narga arms and Gigginox helmet.
Weapons: Great Sword- Halberd, SwitchAxe- Rex Slasher
Hunting Styles: GS: Arial Style, SA: Striker Style
Hunting Arts GS: Lion's Maw, Brimstone Slash
Hunting Arts SA: Demon Riot, Energy Charge, and Absolute Readiness

Personality: Owari sees becoming a hunter as the greatest title one could achieve in their life and respects her fellow hunters greatly, especially ones of higher rank. As much as she loves hunting, she values the slaughter of monsters most as it is her absolute goal and because of that it has put her at odds with the Hunters Guild who's objective is to study and maintain the peace. Often Owari goes out of her way to hunt monsters illegally without first consulting the guild which has put her under investigation several times, though no proof has yet been found. Owari enjoys hunting with a team when she can, but if things get personal she'd rather take on a particularly savage monster by herself. Some hunters have even refused to bring Owari along with them during a hunt because of her malicious attitude towards monsters. Owari's fighting style can be described as overconfident despite how well she enjoys toying with her targets and has even been known to put herself head first into danger, taking the blunt of an attack, as long as she knows she can ensure a crippling blow. Her hatred for all monsters has also founds its way into her equipment, as she refuses to dawn armor that makes her closely resemble monsters or that uses an excess of monster parts. In fact the only weapons she uses are those mostly made out of minerals and ores, finding them proof of mans superiority over beasts. The one thing she carries with her that defies these absolute ideals is her rarely use Rex Slasher, a weapon she brings with her for monsters she has a particular grudge against.

Back story: When Owari was still a child her life was tranquil and not at all the hostel battlefield that it has become. Owari's youth was spent growing up in a small but expanding village around the jungle close by the ancient Tower. Her mother and father told her many stories about the fierce world of monsters and the ancient Tower and its mysteries, but all that became lost to her on the day her village was completely destroyed. She and the towns blacksmith were the only two survivors from the village after a sudden and violent attack from an unknown wyvern. All she remembers were the sounds of fire and explosions and soon being buried under the rubble of the storage shed outside her house. She was lucky, but awoke later that day at sunset only to find that her village was destroyed and virtually no one was left alive. The powder that littered around the area accidentally entered her right eye, leaving it blind and in pain. Those that were still alive were to badly wounded from the attack to escape and so Owari had to hide and watch as smaller monsters entered what was left of the village and scavenged off her remaining friends and family. Just when she thought the horrors were over at nightfall, large insects came under the cover of nightfall and continued to feast on what was left of the carcasses. Owari only left the the rubble she hid under when she noticed the blacksmith and friend of her father was conscious and alive. He kept her safe as the two of them fled to another village to tell the story of what had happened.

Many years later Owari still searches for whatever monster it was that ruined her life, her only clue being the smell of blight powder to go off of. She learned how to fight and became a hunter for the sole purpose of ridding the world of the filth and savagery of the monsters that plagued people and to get revenge for herself. The halberd she wields, her first weapon, was a gift from the blacksmith who saved her life. He was a man who valued the world they lived in and understood the need for balance between man and monster. He, however, lost his own family in the attack and was crippled in the process. He could not agree with the way Owari wanted to live her life or her ideals, but hatred had began to cloud even him as he couldn't bring himself to stop her. Unable to fight himself, he gifted the halberd to her in hopes that she could enact the revenge he wanted as well... Selfish as it might be. For now her searching has brought her to Poeika village where she is currently holding up residence.

Fun facts: When Owari isn't slaughtering monsters her past time is 'fashion hunting'. She also has a fear of insect type monsters.

Relationships
Kino: Being the first person to welcome her to a new village, Owari is rather fond of Kino. She heard about his story of when he was a fisherman and couldn't help but look up to him for finding the monster that gave him his scar and defeating it once and for all.

Connor: Owari looks up to Connor as a strong hunter and would love to go out of her way to hunt with him. She hopes that his serious demeanor during the hunt would lead to an exciting display of skill. The only downside she sees in him is his use of the Insect Glaive...

Googli: While Owari mostly respects all hunters for their service, Googli does not seem like the type of person Owari would likely be interested in. Despite never hunting with her Owari refuses to believe she is a capable hunter until proven otherwise and sees her, and her filthy kinsect, as a liability.

Bean: The half wyvern girl is nothing but an eyesore. Her entire existence does nothing except disgust Owari. A half-ling such as Bean is a sign that perhaps some day such a race would become acceptable, something Owari cannot stand the thought of. She prays that sometime soon they end up hunting together so that Bean might suffer a rather... Unfortunate accident.

Xavier: A person Owari feels conflicted about. On one hand she admires him for his feats as a high class hunter who had achieved the infamous 'G' rank. On the other hand he gave it all up so that he could serve as a lowly hunter for a simple village. While Owari respects village hunters for there service, wishing she herself had one to protect her own when she was younger, she feels that Xavier's talents are wasted in his current position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah, finally finished. I could of added a few more details but I didn't wanna get to far behind. Also I kinda... Forgot we were starting out with rarity 1-3 stuff when I started so I ended up drawing her holding Punisher despite her bio and description being Halberd, but hey Halberd starts at rarity 3 and eventually works its way up to Punisher so that works right? :D

Well..... technically my guardian sword is rarity 6 (even though it's garbage...), so I don't mind the small difference. Cool to know that you drew your pictures; they are very good. I like her and I can't wait to see the drama that will definitely come about!

I see Bean has competition for the title of most difficult hunter to work with.

The hostility between Bean and Owari shall be very present.

Last edited:
Name: Owari

Username: GlassTrinity

fTmdWpm.png
3qIuvBa.png

Armor: Uniqlo armor with Narga arms and Gigginox helmet.
Weapons: Great Sword- Halberd, SwitchAxe- Rex Slasher
Hunting Styles: GS: Arial Style, SA: Striker Style
Hunting Arts GS: Lion's Maw, Brimstone Slash
Hunting Arts SA: Demon Riot, Energy Charge, and Absolute Readiness

Personality: Owari sees becoming a hunter as the greatest title one could achieve in their life and respects her fellow hunters greatly, especially ones of higher rank. As much as she loves hunting, she values the slaughter of monsters most as it is her absolute goal and because of that it has put her at odds with the Hunters Guild who's objective is to study and maintain the peace. Often Owari goes out of her way to hunt monsters illegally without first consulting the guild which has put her under investigation several times, though no proof has yet been found. Owari enjoys hunting with a team when she can, but if things get personal she'd rather take on a particularly savage monster by herself. Some hunters have even refused to bring Owari along with them during a hunt because of her malicious attitude towards monsters. Owari's fighting style can be described as overconfident despite how well she enjoys toying with her targets and has even been known to put herself head first into danger, taking the blunt of an attack, as long as she knows she can ensure a crippling blow. Her hatred for all monsters has also founds its way into her equipment, as she refuses to dawn armor that makes her closely resemble monsters or that uses an excess of monster parts. In fact the only weapons she uses are those mostly made out of minerals and ores, finding them proof of mans superiority over beasts. The one thing she carries with her that defies these absolute ideals is her rarely use Rex Slasher, a weapon she brings with her for monsters she has a particular grudge against.

Back story: When Owari was still a child her life was tranquil and not at all the hostel battlefield that it has become. Owari's youth was spent growing up in a small but expanding village around the jungle close by the ancient Tower. Her mother and father told her many stories about the fierce world of monsters and the ancient Tower and its mysteries, but all that became lost to her on the day her village was completely destroyed. She and the towns blacksmith were the only two survivors from the village after a sudden and violent attack from an unknown wyvern. All she remembers were the sounds of fire and explosions and soon being buried under the rubble of the storage shed outside her house. She was lucky, but awoke later that day at sunset only to find that her village was destroyed and virtually no one was left alive. The powder that littered around the area accidentally entered her right eye, leaving it blind and in pain. Those that were still alive were to badly wounded from the attack to escape and so Owari had to hide and watch as smaller monsters entered what was left of the village and scavenged off her remaining friends and family. Just when she thought the horrors were over at nightfall, large insects came under the cover of nightfall and continued to feast on what was left of the carcasses. Owari only left the the rubble she hid under when she noticed the blacksmith and friend of her father was conscious and alive. He kept her safe as the two of them fled to another village to tell the story of what had happened.

Many years later Owari still searches for whatever monster it was that ruined her life, her only clue being the smell of blight powder to go off of. She learned how to fight and became a hunter for the sole purpose of ridding the world of the filth and savagery of the monsters that plagued people and to get revenge for herself. The halberd she wields, her first weapon, was a gift from the blacksmith who saved her life. He was a man who valued the world they lived in and understood the need for balance between man and monster. He, however, lost his own family in the attack and was crippled in the process. He could not agree with the way Owari wanted to live her life or her ideals, but hatred had began to cloud even him as he couldn't bring himself to stop her. Unable to fight himself, he gifted the halberd to her in hopes that she could enact the revenge he wanted as well... Selfish as it might be. For now her searching has brought her to Poeika village where she is currently holding up residence.

Fun facts: When Owari isn't slaughtering monsters her past time is 'fashion hunting'. She also has a fear of insect type monsters.

Relationships
Kino: Being the first person to welcome her to a new village, Owari is rather fond of Kino. She heard about his story of when he was a fisherman and couldn't help but look up to him for finding the monster that gave him his scar and defeating it once and for all.

Connor: Owari looks up to Connor as a strong hunter and would love to go out of her way to hunt with him. She hopes that his serious demeanor during the hunt would lead to an exciting display of skill. The only downside she sees in him is his use of the Insect Glaive...

Googli: While Owari mostly respects all hunters for their service, Googli does not seem like the type of person Owari would likely be interested in. Despite never hunting with her Owari refuses to believe she is a capable hunter until proven otherwise and sees her, and her filthy kinsect, as a liability.

Bean: The half wyvern girl is nothing but an eyesore. Her entire existence does nothing except disgust Owari. A half-ling such as Bean is a sign that perhaps some day such a race would become acceptable, something Owari cannot stand the thought of. She prays that sometime soon they end up hunting together so that Bean might suffer a rather... Unfortunate accident.

Xavier: A person Owari feels conflicted about. On one hand she admires him for his feats as a high class hunter who had achieved the infamous 'G' rank. On the other hand he gave it all up so that he could serve as a lowly hunter for a simple village. While Owari respects village hunters for there service, wishing she herself had one to protect her own when she was younger, she feels that Xavier's talents are wasted in his current position.
I will say approved there @GlassTrinity! And in regards to the armor stuff, I don't mind it if nobody else does. Like I mentioned in the interest check a while back I made this idea up almost three years ago before Generations even came out if I recall. So all the new armor and weapons weren't even in my mind to be honest. To quote Captain Barbosa from Pirates of the Carribean, that rule is more of a guideline than an actual rule. XD

Why's everyone pick on Googli ;n;

The only ones picking on her (technically) are Bean and Owari.

Bean does it because Bean really isn't a nice person, Owari does it because bugs.

Plus we have another character now going after her as well. Seems like the little Bean and Googli has definitely gotten the attention of some folks. XD

Don't worry, it's a perfect triangle of non-cooperation and negativity... It just so happens two out of three corners of the triangle vehemently hate one another.

It will be positively glorious. Looking forward to it myself to be honest. Haha!

It's fine, just don't leave them alone with one another. Bean will at least behave if she's ordered to.

I forgot to mention this but I won't be posting on weekends because of my schedualing. Weekdays I'm free to post frequently though. Expect one or more posts a day mon-fri from me if my turn comes around. :3

We are live once more since the update folks, when you're ready, get to posting :D

My goodness that might have been one of the longest updates I've been a part of since one of the early Youtube years. Haha!

I edited my latest post because it came across as too threatening, even for Bean.

So.... are we dealing with a fixed post rotation, or can we post when it dawns on us?

I would believe it's a semi fixed rotation, looks as if Guy is waiting on Verb to post as Moogli before he continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.