Monster Hunt

Vasner took the bag as she handed it to him, "Alright then....hm....what to bring...." He rummaged around the kitchen for any food that would stay relativley fresh for at least a day or two. He wondered if just a snack like this would be ok for the both of them. It didn't take him long and once he was done he waited by the front door for Rose.

Rose walked around her room picking up a few daggers, the mirror, her bow, and the quiver of arrows that she had received from Artemis herself. Alright i think that's everything she thought before running to her draw to get a few candles and matches, just in case. She then walked downstairs to gather her animals. Locking the back door and closing all of the windows, she finally met Vasner at the front door, "I'm ready now. You?"

"Yes I am. Let's start our adventure!!" He said with a big smile and started out the front door. Although their adventure already started the fun was about to begin.

Rose turned to her animals and said, "I love you al very much but you have to stay here. You know what to do if you need me. I'll be back as soon as I can." And with that being said she followed Vasner and locked the door. I can't wait to see what this adventure has in store!

It would take some hours to walk there and there wasn't much to see as they walked to the main town. There were scattered trees here and there but it was mostly an open plain so they didn't have much to worry about. "I wonder how many other people will be there? I mean for what the king requested for." Vasner asked Rose with somewhat no curiosity, just kind of stating it. He was more concerned what they would do, that curiosity was not diminishing.

"I'm not exactly. I'm more curious about what this adventure entails." Rose said. She wondered just how many monsters they would have to fight, how many people they would have to heal or save. She knew without a doubt in her mind that this was going to be hard work. She just hoped that the gods were her side along with the fates, that would help too.

"I guess we won't know until we get there." They walked for a couple of hours and the sun was high in the sky. When Vasner looked to verify a time of day he noticed something black in the sky. It seemed to be moving through the sky then it became apparent there were multiple of them. They got closer and bigger, "Rose we've got company, there in the sky!" He pointed towards the creatures that still only looked like small birds but kept getting bigger. :how am I going to fight something that can fly? I still don't have a weapon either....:

Rose noticed the black objects in the sky but she didn't think much of them. That was until Vasner pointed out that they were getting closer. She didn't know if they could fight all of them, especially because Vasner didn't have a weapon. Rose looked around for somewhere to hide and finally saw a large rock over by a cluster of trees. "Come on!" Rose said pulling Vasner towards the rock.

Vasner tried not to stumble as Rose pulled him towards a large rock. He ducked down behind it when they got to it and peeked to see that the bird creatures were still getting closer. "I really hope whatever they are that they just keep going." He tried to think of a way to fight them but nothing would work if they didn't get close to the ground. But as long as they couldn't shoot out flames or something they should also be fine.

Rose was trying to come up with a plan. Her enhanced eyesight gave her an advantage if the birds attacked and then tried to fly up. Boy would they be in for a surprise when she used her special quiver of arrows. Not really coming up with much of a plan, Rose turned towards Vasner. "I hope so too. But have you thought of an idea for if they don't keep going? Because I have no clue except shooting them." she said honestly

"The only thing I can think of his fighting them close to the ground, but that probably won't happen. We should be OK as long as they can't shoot flames from their body or something." The bird creatures were right over them looking for prey but didn't spot anything. They somehow missed Vasner and Rose and kept going. Vasner stood up as the bird creatures were far out now and the danger had passed.

"Well that was a miracle." Rose said when she too noticed that the bird creatures were gone. She sent up a silent thanks to the gods above just in case they had anything to do with it. Rose picked up her bow and stretched before back towards the road. "Might as well continue now that they are gone." she said to Vasner.

"Yes it was, since dying before our adventure wouldn't be very exciting." He followed Rose and withing a couple hours they finally arrived at the town walls and had to walk around to the entrance gate. There were 10 guards to protect against monsters and they let the to through into the town. There were many vendors with stalls selling various thing. The buildings were all two stories high or bigger and packed close. Many people walked through the streets and didn't pay attention to the two.

Rose laughed at little at that. "Yeah that would definitely not be good." she said. When they arrived at the town walls Rose remembered when her brother first moved here. It seemed like just yesterday she was leaving him to live a life that he always wanted. Back in the present Rose looked around at all the buildings in wonder. It had been a really long time since she had seen buildings such as these and they always amazed her. "Wow..." she sighed.

Vasner looked around and was only slightly impressed. He had seen many towns that were this big and heavily populated but only this town looked newer and a bit better built. "So I wonder if the castle is on the other side of town? Its that or in the very middle." He wondered if they should ask someone or just walk around until they found it.

"Oh I know where it is!" Rose said. She wondered if Vasner had ever visited cities with larger buildings. She remembered him saying something about being a traveler back when they first met. Rose walked towards the center of town. The castle was in the way back of the city. Why they had built it like that she had no idea. She remembered her aunt talking about the silly job these people did on planning the city and Rose totally agreed.

"Good, please lead the way." Vasner followed as Rose took him through the city and they eventually reached the castle. He was surprised it was so far from the entrance of the actual city.

"Strange how the castle is way in the back of the city away from the gates, don't you think?" Rose asked Vasner once they had reached the castle. "Hopefully we'll get a place to rest. My feet are killing me." she said yawning.