Monolithic Insects of Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was pretty darn cool. Kinda sad how the article kept using such weighted language, though. None of those were actually dangerous to humans. :c Huge =/= scary.

I'm surprised Huntsman Spiders weren't on the list; are they not considered insects?

I'm surprised Huntsman Spiders weren't on the list; are they not considered insects?

No, spiders are arachnids. ^^ Remember that insects sounds kind of like six, which is the number of limbs they have. That's how I remember it.
They're all arthropods, and arthropods are the coolest type of animal imho.

What surprised me is the term "monolithic". I was expecting giant stones. XD Nerdy disappointment.

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
No, spiders are arachnids. ^^ Remember that insects sounds kind of like six, which is the number of limbs they have. That's how I remember it.
They're all arthropods, and arthropods are the coolest type of animal imho.

What surprised me is the term "monolithic". I was expecting giant stones. XD Nerdy disappointment.
I learned something! :D

I would run the other way if I saw any of those. I've got a heavy fear of bugs. (But spiders more than anything.) I can thank bad friends who liked to scare me until I cried for that. >>;

Phobias aside, they are cool looking creatures. Those stick bugs, I probably could handle crawling on me. They look so cool and my favorite character in A Bug's Life is Slim. :3 Hehe.

I would run the other way if I saw any of those. I've got a heavy fear of bugs. (But spiders more than anything.) I can thank bad friends who liked to scare me until I cried for that. >>;

Phobias aside, they are cool looking creatures. Those stick bugs, I probably could handle crawling on me. They look so cool and my favorite character in A Bug's Life is Slim. :3 Hehe.

Stick bugs are cool, but their cousins, the mantids, are even cooler. Also completely harmless... to humans.
orchid_mantis0061f.jpg

and also ridiculously adorable.

• Thank You
Some of those look like good eats. Some.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.