Status
Not open for further replies.
For some time, Zinnia had been deathly quiet. Half her faced appeared to be stained with red crimson that had seeped from the wound on her head, while the other half of her face was still caked with flaky black remnants of Jason's blood. She looked like a mess. But even without the bloody mosaic on her face, Zinnia wasn't looking so well. The coating hid a pale face and dark circles under her eyes. The bad wounds she had received from their battle earlier were quickly sapping her body of its strength.

Fading in and out, she was hardly aware that Jack Frost had helped bandage some of her wounds. In fact, she had no idea where she was at or what was going on. About the only thing she was aware of happened to be the fact she wasn't doing so hot. For a brief moment, during one of the times she woke, Zinnia whimpered and began to tug on the bandages around her head out of a slight panic. She groaned and dropped her hands when she failed to even tear the fabric of them.

It... hurts. I wont... die, will I?

At first, the thought of dying brought her into an absolute panic. She felt her heart painfully begin to race inside her chest. She was young and still had so much she wanted to do. She had Jack, Aster, and her new friends. She just couldn't leave them behind!

But, almost instantly, one of her own thoughts struck a cord in her mind.

Aster.

If I don't make it... I'll be with Aster.

My REAL Aster. I'll get to hold my little girl in my arms again. We'll be together. I won't have to miss her anymore.

itLZGp6.png

Suddenly, Zinnia relaxed to the point of even becoming content with the idea. She closed her red eyes and dropped her arms. "J-Jack, stop," she managed. Her voice was raspy and weak. "Just... stop. I-I can just... I can go be with Aster."

Tears began to well up under her eyelids, bursting through even with her eyes closed.

"I'll be with my... little... girl... it's okay."

But it's not okay. I'm crying. I can't stop the tears.

"I-It's okay."

Why... can't I stop?

"I-It's..."

Jack.

I-I don't want to leave him.

@The Tactician @york @Errbody​

"Yes, I am. "

3660934-scarlet-witch1.jpg

Wanda's tone was kind and warm. Her eyes stared softly at the young girl.

"Why do you ask? Are you a member?

@Josh M @Crow @BarrenThin
6qhyCMq.png

"..."

Kyoko didn't answer immediately, leaving the air silent for a brief moment, though she would eventually respond to Wanda's inquiry, as though her response was one that she had to think about the answer to.

"It's complicated."

"Maybe I'll tell you more later, but right now, I need to know... Who is the current leader? And... More pressingly..."

Kyoko would gesture for Wanda to come over, having her and herself turn their backs to Genji, as though the next thing she wanted to speak of was something she didn't want others to know of.

"... This... Is this really the work of the Demon?"

If this truly was the Coalition, then Wanda would, for sure, know what Kyoko was trying to get at, right? She wasn't used to situations like this where she was the one in the dark and there was someone else in the know, but there were things she simply had to know.

"Is the Arch Demon behind this?"

@Josh M

"Mokoto Nagi and Commander Kieran. Currently. However, it's a multi-headed best."

Seeing the worry on the girl, Wanda followed her. When the two were away, Wanda would but kindly put her hand on the girl. However, her words may not be as reassuring as her gester .

"No, miss. The Arch demon is gone. However this? Where You and I are? This is worse. This is where things like that come from."

@Verite

"Mokoto Nagi and Commander Kieran. Currently. However, it's a multi-headed best."

Seeing the worry on the girl, Wanda followed her. When the two were away, Wanda would but kindly put her hand on the girl. However, her words may not be as reassuring as her gester .

"No, miss. The Arch demon is gone. However this? Where You and I are? This is worse. This is where things like that come from."

@Verite
lUKVHs1.png

"..."

Yet another pause came Wanda's way when the witch would give her responses, as though Kyoko had to take a while to register the answers. There was no telling what was going on in the young woman's head for a moment, before... before something unexpected would happen.

Kyoko Kirigiri would give a small smile.

mJTyFx6.png

"I see. Thank you... Thank you very much."

She didn't know why she expected a different answer. But it seemed that Kyoko's hope had paid off. Her trust, and the word of that girl from Columbia... It looks like she was right to believe in them after all. So the Arch Demon really was gone. He had done her proud in that case. Makoto Naegi remained strong, but he remembered that he couldn't tackle those kinds of beasts by himself.

Still, if these kinds of incidents were still happening, actual "games" or not, then that meant that their work was not quite complete just yet. There was still work to be done. And that applied to here as well.

"I suppose you're right about that, Ms. Maximoff, but if you were able to vanquish the Arch Demon once before, we can hope that you can do it again. After all, if you know Makoto, you'd know that hope is something that we have to rely on, especially since we have little else to put our faith in these days. Don't you think that's a nice sentiment?"

Unlike before where Kyoko came off as rather stoic, if not even a little standoffish, she suddenly now displayed an unprecedented warmth towards Wanda. One had to wonder why the answers that Wanda gave affected Kyoko the way they did...

"Of course, maybe it's a little too early to talk, and I can see a lot of pain in the future, but... Tell you what, when we get through this ordeal alive and manage to get back home... to base, that is, I'll tell you more about me. How I know Makoto... and who I really am."

@Josh M

Last edited:
For some time, Zinnia had been deathly quiet. Half her faced appeared to be stained with red crimson that had seeped from the wound on her head, while the other half of her face was still caked with flaky black remnants of Jason's blood. She looked like a mess. But even without the bloody mosaic on her face, Zinnia wasn't looking so well. The coating hid a pale face and dark circles under her eyes. The bad wounds she had received from their battle earlier were quickly sapping her body of its strength.

Fading in and out, she was hardly aware that Jack Frost had helped bandage some of her wounds. In fact, she had no idea where she was at or what was going on. About the only thing she was aware of happened to be the fact she wasn't doing so hot. For a brief moment, during one of the times she woke, Zinnia whimpered and began to tug on the bandages around her head out of a slight panic. She groaned and dropped her hands when she failed to even tear the fabric of them.

It... hurts. I wont... die, will I?

At first, the thought of dying brought her into an absolute panic. She felt her heart painfully begin to race inside her chest. She was young and still had so much she wanted to do. She had Jack, Aster, and her new friends. She just couldn't leave them behind!

But, almost instantly, one of her own thoughts struck a cord in her mind.

Aster.

If I don't make it... I'll be with Aster.

My REAL Aster. I'll get to hold my little girl in my arms again. We'll be together. I won't have to miss her anymore.

itLZGp6.png

Suddenly, Zinnia relaxed to the point of even becoming content with the idea. She closed her red eyes and dropped her arms. "J-Jack, stop," she managed. Her voice was raspy and weak. "Just... stop. I-I can just... I can go be with Aster."

Tears began to well up under her eyelids, bursting through even with her eyes closed.

"I'll be with my... little... girl... it's okay."

But it's not okay. I'm crying. I can't stop the tears.

"I-It's okay."

Why... can't I stop?

"I-It's..."

Jack.

I-I don't want to leave him.

@The Tactician @york @Errbody​
"I-It's not okay, Zinnia."

Jack knew that she didn't want to go. He could feel the moistness of her tears soaking his kimono, the tears of inner conflict. The delirium was making her wish she could pass on, to end the suffering of life in this impure world. Yet within her, there was still a will to live, to survive and remain with him and to find her only remaining 'daughter'. She was struggling, but she was fighting to hold on, to live through this.

"Your daughter needs you here, to find her."

And so he kept running forward, hoping to arrive back at the Visitor Center and to find a doctor capable of taking care of her. He wouldn't slow down now, not when he knew she still fought for life. No leader should ask his men to commit to a course of action that he would not partake in, and Jack would continue fighting for Zinnia as long as she willed it. One way or another, he would find a way to save Zinnia, to keep her safe after this. Even if she had known the dangers of accompanying him, he knew this was not end she deserved. Not someone as wonderfully dedicated and courageous, as dear to him as she was.

For some reason, he felt as though Mathias had mentioned he was a medical professional of some kind. That meant he could help, that he could save Zinnia if they only made it back to the Visitor Center where they could safely watch over her. Jack did not know what price he would need to give up, but anything was worth bringing his companion back from the brink of death. Whatever Jude asked for, the samurai would seek to give him to the best of his ability.

And just as he would give anything to Jude to pay his debt, he would do anything to be able to hunt down the one who had hurt.

"We'll find your lost child, and we will be free of this place, Zinnia."

But not until he had found his sword and hunted down the mask wearing revenant. The creature had seemed invulnerable to some degree, yes, but Jack knew one thing was for certain. Just as he hunted a means to defeat Aku partly as vengeance for his family, so would he hunt down the creature that hunted these woods to avenge Zinnia and Mike, the man who had died to protect her.

At the moment though, he had to focus on keeping the most important person in his life alive.

"Just remain strong, Zinnia, and do not yield."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Spaghetti Boy (look at what you helped cause, Mark. ;;)​

"I was always led to believe it was staged. Beating each other for sport seems barbaric, though the challenge is intriguing."

@Josh M @Jeremi

"It's also a really good way to work up a sweet. And all of that close quarter combat...not to mention seeing two talented guys in trunks duking it out...." Poison got starry eyed for a moment. "Also does that mean you're not a fan of boxing?"

@BarrenThin

Setting her down gently on the bed, the hulking mass of steel lets out an audible sigh "I wish I had some hearty rolls right now...They would really help her recovery" Slipping his ring off, he rubs a thumb over the pearl gently "I don't think luck will do me much good at this exact moment. Makes me wish that I'd grabbed my pack of red shards instead."

Sighing softly, Darv sits, wiping down what exposed wounds he could see openly, turning to his companion as he continues to tend to the wounds carefully "So, sledge. Do you know if the kitchen is stocked to prepare and cook bread?"

@Crimson Spartan
@Minerva
"I am not sure... Here i'll run and go check..." Sledge spoke to Drav as he would turn to start out of the cabin but he had one last thing to say first...
Tomoko had hid during the battle with Jason, she was no fighter, hell, she was puny, only 4'11 to be exact, what could she do, she noticed Darv with Corrin and Sledge, she followed slowly behind. She couldn't but feel guilty not helping them, maybe she could make it up to them.

"I'm sorry D-Darv....I mean, I'm sorry I didn't help you or Corrin in your battle with that...monster. Is there anything I can do?" She asked quietly

@DapperDogman
@Minerva
@CrimsonSpartan
"Aye I wouldn't worry about not being able to help, kid. I couldn't even hit him and i'm a trained soldier." Sledge spoke up towards Tomoko before he darted out of the cabin and towards the mess hall unless someone were to stop him...

@DapperDogman @Nater Taters @Minerva

Last edited:
lUKVHs1.png

"..."

Yet another pause came Wanda's way when the witch would give her responses, as though Kyoko had to take a while to register the answers. There was no telling what was going on in the young woman's head for a moment, before... before something unexpected would happen.

Kyoko Kirigiri would give a small smile.

mJTyFx6.png

"I see. Thank you... Thank you very much."

She didn't know why she expected a different answer. But it seemed that Kyoko's hope had paid off. Her trust, and the word of that girl from Columbia... It looks like she was right to believe in them after all. So the Arch Demon really was gone. He had done her proud in that case. Makoto Naegi remained strong, but he remembered that he couldn't tackle those kinds of beasts by himself.

Still, if these kinds of incidents were still happening, actual "games" or not, then that meant that their work was not quite complete just yet. There was still work to be done. And that applied to here as well.

"I suppose you're right about that, Ms. Maximoff, but if you were able to vanquish the Arch Demon once before, we can hope that you can do it again. After all, if you know Makoto, you'd know that hope is something that we have to rely on, especially since we have little else to put our faith in these days. Don't you think that's a nice sentiment?"

Unlike before where Kyoko came off as rather stoic, if not even a little standoffish, she suddenly now displayed an unprecedented warmth towards Wanda. One had to wonder why the answers that Wanda gave affected Kyoko the way they did...

"Of course, maybe it's a little too early to talk, and I can see a lot of pain in the future, but... Tell you what, when we get through this ordeal alive and manage to get back home... to base, that is, I'll tell you more about me. How I know Makoto... and who I really am."

@Josh M
"I think it's a wonderful sentiment, Kyoko."

Wanda's smile reassured the girl that she had an ally her. friend.

" Not if, when. When we get out. I would love to"

"I-It's not okay, Zinnia."

Jack knew that she didn't want to go. He could feel the moistness of her tears soaking his kimono, the tears of inner conflict. The delirium was making her wish she could pass on, to end the suffering of life in this impure world. Yet within her, there was still a will to live, to survive and remain with him and to find her only remaining 'daughter'. She was struggling, but she was fighting to hold on, to live through this.

"Your daughter needs you here, to find her."

And so he kept running forward, hoping to arrive back at the Visitor Center and to find a doctor capable of taking care of her. He wouldn't slow down now, not when he knew she still fought for life. No leader should ask his men to commit to a course of action that he would not partake in, and Jack would continue fighting for Zinnia as long as she willed it. One way or another, he would find a way to save Zinnia, to keep her safe after this. Even if she had known the dangers of accompanying him, he knew this was not end she deserved. Not someone as wonderfully dedicated and courageous, as dear to him as she was.

For some reason, he felt as though Mathias had mentioned he was a medical professional of some kind. That meant he could help, that he could save Zinnia if they only made it back to the Visitor Center where they could safely watch over her. Jack did not know what price he would need to give up, but anything was worth bringing his companion back from the brink of death. Whatever Jude asked for, the samurai would seek to give him to the best of his ability.

And just as he would give anything to Jude to pay his debt, he would do anything to be able to hunt down the one who had hurt.

"We'll find your lost child, and we will be free of this place, Zinnia."

But not until he had found his sword and hunted down the mask wearing revenant. The creature had seemed invulnerable to some degree, yes, but Jack knew one thing was for certain. Just as he hunted a means to defeat Aku partly as vengeance for his family, so would he hunt down the creature that hunted these woods to avenge Zinnia and Mike, the man who had died to protect her.

At the moment though, he had to focus on keeping the most important person in his life alive.

"Just remain strong, Zinnia, and do not yield."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Spaghetti Boy (look at what you helped cause, Mark. ;;)​

"N-No," Zinnia stuttered. "I'll be with my A-Aster. The one who died. P-Please take care of... my Aster who is still here. Don't let anything happen to her."

Earlier, Zinnia wanted to spare Jack's feelings by avoiding the topic of Aster, but there was no point in trying to protect him from something that may have been inevitable. The young woman could feel death crawling up her back. It was only a matter of time before it sunk it's teeth into her.

Every step that Jack continued to take felt more and more painful to Zinnia. It wasn't long before she grew tired of it. She wanted the pain to stop.

E1dFZp2.jpg

"S-Stop Jack, just stop. You've done more than enough..."

You've done more for me than anyone ever has.

"...thanks for always being there to get me out of trouble, laugh with me, and talk to me about anything. Heh, so I hope you get it in your head before I clock out... I-I love you, idiot. Don't kill yourself over... ME!" The last word of Zinnia's sentence came out sharp, mixed with a cry.

@The Tactician

Genji listened in to Wanda and Kyoko. McCree hadn't really mentioned a Coalition, or a demon. He stayed out of it.​

"It's also a really good way to work up a sweet. And all of that close quarter combat...not to mention seeing two talented guys in trunks duking it out...." Poison got starry eyed for a moment. "Also does that mean you're not a fan of boxing?"

@BarrenThin

"I have never watched it. I understand the concept. Two opponents beat each other senseless for the sake of entertaining the crowd. I doubt Zenyatta would approve, though the chance to learn from others' fighting styles could be interesting."

@Josh M @Verite @Jeremi

"I am not sure... Here i'll run and go check..." Sledge spoke to Drav as he would turn to start out of the cabin but he had one last thing to say first...

"Aye I wouldn't worry about not bring able to help, kid. I couldn't even hit him and i'm a trained soldier." Sledge spoke up towards Tomoko before he darted out of the cabin and towards the mess hall unless someone were to stop him...

"Thank you, Sledge" Darv says, nodding slightly as he sets down his helm, removing his gloves as he begins to examine the splinters within Corrin's hand "These look pretty nasty" he murmurs, thankful she was asleep
One by one, Darv carefully removes each splinter, taking care not to break them as he does

"Do not fret about not helping, Tomoko. I would rather you stay out of the fray and remain alive, than have to bury you"

"I have buried too many people already"
Sighing slightly, he turns back toward the sleeping princess, beginning to wipe the mud from her face gently with a damp cloth

"Do not throw your life away if you cannot be sure it will do some good for someone. That was the mouse's mistake"

@Minerva
@Nater Taters
@Crimson Spartan

"Thank you, Sledge" Darv says, nodding slightly as he sets down his helm, removing his gloves as he begins to examine the splinters within Corrin's hand "These look pretty nasty" he murmurs, thankful she was asleep
One by one, Darv carefully removes each splinter, taking care not to break them as he does

"Do not fret about not helping, Tomoko. I would rather you stay out of the fray and remain alive, than have to bury you"

Sighing slightly, he turns back toward the sleeping princess, beginning to wipe the mud from her face gently with a damp cloth

"Do not throw your life away if you cannot be sure it will do some good for someone. That was the mouse's mistake"

@Minerva
@Nater Taters
@Crimson Spartan
Rant sneezed as he was dragging the girl along. "Someone's talking about me."

@NOONE

"Aye I wouldn't worry about not being able to help, kid. I couldn't even hit him and i'm a trained soldier." Sledge spoke up towards Tomoko before he darted out of the cabin and towards the mess hall unless someone were to stop him...

@Minerva
@Nater Taters
@Crimson Spartan
Tomoko smiled slightly when Darv and Sledge didn't chastise her for not being part of the fight, maybe she was wrong about some these people, maybe they all weren't out to get her.

Tomoko sat down and watched Darv tend to Corrin.

"W-Will she be alright?" She asked

Genji listened in to Wanda and Kyoko. McCree hadn't really mentioned a Coalition, or a demon. He stayed out of it.​

"I have never watched it. I understand the concept. Two opponents beat each other senseless for the sake of entertaining the crowd. I doubt Zenyatta would approve, though the chance to learn from others' fighting styles could be interesting."

@Josh M @Verite @Jeremi

"It's more than that, it to give the crowd some pizzazz and skill!" She emphasized this by flexing her arm. "And buddy if you want to learn I got a bunch of moves I've been dyin' to show ya! Like I said earlier if you wanted to go pro you already have that cool baby face look that the crowd would go crazy for!"

@Minerva
@Nater Taters
@Crimson Spartan
Tomoko smiled slightly when Darv and Sledge didn't chastise her for not being part of the fight, maybe she was wrong about some these people, maybe they all weren't out to get her.

Corrin slowly woke up. Spit and blood came from her mouth. As her eyes open, she sat up. "Jakob, Leo, Camilla, Xander, I just had the most awful dream. There was a Faceless in the woods, and people I didn't know we're there and..." She looked around for a minute. She noticed that where she woke up was different than her room, and neither her husband, nor any of her elder siblings were there. Corrin rubbed the side of her head. She looked around. "So... This is real, huh?" She said. Blood still came down a small wound in the side of her head, but at least the splinters were out of her hand, and she was mostly cleaned up.

She leaned back into her pillow. She couldn't believe this was happening.

@Crimson Spartan

"She'll be fine. Do not worry" Darv says, smiling slightly "I've sustained much worse than this and made perfect recoveries"
Corrin slowly woke up. Spit and blood came from her mouth. As her eyes open, she sat up. "Jakob, Leo, Camilla, Xander, I just had the most awful dream. There was a Faceless in the woods, and people I didn't know we're there and..." She looked around for a minute. She noticed that where she woke up was different than her room, and neither her husband, nor any of her elder siblings were there. Corrin rubbed the side of her head. She looked around. "So... This is real, huh?" She said. Blood still came down a small wound in the side of her head, but at least the splinters were out of her hand, and she was mostly cleaned up.

She leaned back into her pillow. She couldn't believe this was happening.

@Crimson Spartan
"Sorry to confirm the horrid truth. But yes, Corrin, this is real" Darv says, wiping away the blood from her lips, before pressing the cloth to the side of her head to stop the bleeding there "You took a great risk throwing yourself into that fight, while I stood there...I cannot put into words how ashamed I am as a warrior...I stood by and let my own hate for the creature stay my hand"
Looking to the floor, he wrings the cloth off, cleaning it and applying it back to the side of her head "I will not allow this to happen again. You have my word"

@Minerva
@Nater Taters
@Crimson Spartan

"N-No," Zinnia stuttered. "I'll be with my A-Aster. The one who died. P-Please take care of... my Aster who is still here. Don't let anything happen to her."

Earlier, Zinnia wanted to spare Jack's feelings by avoiding the topic of Aster, but there was no point in trying to protect him from something that may have been inevitable. The young woman could feel death crawling up her back. It was only a matter of time before it sunk it's teeth into her.

Every step that Jack continued to take felt more and more painful to Zinnia. It wasn't long before she grew tired of it. She wanted the pain to stop.

E1dFZp2.jpg

"S-Stop Jack, just stop. You've done more than enough..."

You've done more for me than anyone ever has.

"...thanks for always being there to get me out of trouble, laugh with me, and talk to me about anything. Heh, so I hope you get it in your head before I clock out... I-I love you, idiot. Don't kill yourself over... ME!" The last word of Zinnia's sentence came out sharp, mixed with a cry.

@The Tactician
"You can't go on yet, Zinnia. Your Aster here needs her mother as well," Jack muttered, still not losing hope that she could be saved. Somehow, it felt as though he was more relentless in this task, to find a way to help her, "I won't stop because nothing is enough if it means I lose you..."

Stop thanking me. You're not safe yet, you're not okay yet.

"Y-You what?" As if there wasn't any other way to make the samurai hurry any more, it was those words. For a moment, a slight blush filled his face as he worried over her cry after the declaration before focusing on the task at hand.

I won't kill myself over you, Zinnia, but I won't allow you to die here. Not when I haven't told you my own feelings as well.

Continued from here.

Chapter One
"School Daze"

Jude had done a sweep of the students to determine who needed medical attention after the brawl with the masked man. Others had reasoned the Visitor Center would be a good place to process the wounded and Jude had no cause to disagree. He had arrived after the others to at least make sure everyone had gotten out of the forest, but found that when he arrived there were more injured than his previous head count accounted for. "How could this happen...? How can we be expected to deal with a monster like that?" Jude took a cursory glance around the room and determined quickly that Zinnia was one of the few that needed immediate attention. His eyes fell on the first aid kit on the counter as he approached the girl, causing him to pause.

"A first aid kit...? We're lucky. I honestly didn't there there would be any."

As Jude grabbed the kit off and made his way for Zinnia, Monomi appeared inside the Visitor Center.

ivvQoFj.png

"It's here because Usa-- Uh, Monomi wanted you all to be safe! There wasn't supposed to be any stuff like fighting or violence... and especially not killing! But Monokuma arrived and ruined everything!" The little rabbit sighed, her arms wrapping around herself. "Uuu..."

"Monomi," Jude began, taking over for Jack Frost as he saw to Zinnia's wounds. He whispered for the Lorekeeper to hold still. "... That masked man, did Monokuma send that, or was it something else?"

"Monomi is not sure... it had, err--"

Jude worked silently, waiting for Monomi to continue, but when she didn't, he stole a glance toward the rabbit. "Monomi?"

"Oh..." The rabbit shook her head rapidly. "I'm not supposed to talk about it! None of you were supposed to worry... but I guess the rabbit's out of the bag! Oh, I tried so hard... You see, the masked man carried darkness with him! He's one with this place-- the Dark Place! He's one dangerous customer... The darkness has trapped you all here and wants to use you as its hosts, like him! It puts you guys through situations that make you feel negative emotions... stuff like that makes you vulnerable... Uuugh! It's so horrible! Monokuma must be working with them!"

"And you..." Jude paused a moment as he began to move on from Zinnia. "You wanted to protect us, is that right? I don't know where you come from, Monomi... but I'm sorry we doubted you."

"Oh... It's okay!" Monomi managed to look upbeat for a moment as she smiled. "I'm still here, and I can support you!"

"Thank you, Monomi."

As the evening went on, Jude saw to the wounded, grabbing volunteers to assist him as he went. Soon, once everyone was seen to, it was time to sleep, and all anyone could hope for was that the next day would be better...

TmK5LcD.jpg

Dawn settled upon the camp and the students were awoken by a familiar voice speaking over the camp's speakers.

"Come to the Visitor Center for a biiiig announcement! Have a nice day, everyone!"

The familiar compulsion would overtake the group, forcing them to the parking lot where Neon Katt had been executed the night before. Monokuma was waiting for them, relaxing casually on the mammoth statue. "Welcome!" he said, lazily waving a paw through the air.

7C2nF1r.png

"Why do you all look so sour? Bear got your tongue?"

"We're not playing any games," Diana said first, her voice low and angry. "We'll wait out our time here until you get bored and leave us the fuck alone." Monokuma only shrugged at that. "Did you hear what I said?!"

"We know you can't get more murders out of us," Jude said. He pointed off into the forest. "You sent that big guy after us to do the job for us."

"Ohhh..." Monokuma tilted his head to the side. "Him? You think I sent that guy...? No way!" He dropped down from the mammoth and crossed his arms once he was on the pavement. "What do you take me for? A bear such as I don't need no cronies! It's like I told you, the darkness wants your tasty bodies. It's gonna eat you all up! It seemed to have worked pretty well, didn't it? It got you all... hot and bothered. Flustered. The mousy one got all up in your business, and I bet some of you thought some dirty thoughts, didn't you? You thought: 'Hey, what if we let this guy die, huh? What if we let the monster kill him?' I know some of you were thinking it!"

"But none of us let that happen--"

"Nuh uh!" Monokuma waved a paw in the air, as if it was a wagging finger. "That's not the point, is it? Some of you had half a mind to let him die... some would call that murder, you know! I'm afraid you all proved my point... such nice students you are! Besides, you wanted justice... you wanted to kill the monster for that justice. Really, is justice so noble? Always? You guys sure like to talk the talk, but you can't walk the walk!"

Before anyone could respond to these ideas, a police siren could be heard echoing from off in the distance. There was some confusion over the origin of the noise, but soon a police car came barreling up the trail and driving into the Visitor Center's parking lot. The car skidded to a stop and a heavyset black man leaned out the driver's side window. Behind him, a skinny white officer could be seen sitting in the passenger's seat.

H3nY7kT.png

"Hey there, folks!" said the black man, jovially. "I'm Sheriff Blubs from the town down the road. You all mind telling me why you're loitering up in this here National Park?"

"Wowie," said the white police officer after giving a low whistle. "Look at all them city folk!"

SOgCdak.png

"It's the fuzz! Everyone, get down and hide your drinks! Someone turn down the music!"

"Officers!" Jude made a ran for the police car, shouting. "We need your help! This bear--" Jude froze on the spot, the compulsion forcing him to cease. Wiping his paws together, Monokuma casually strolled toward the two officers.

"Gentlemen, you have stumbled across a unique camping experience. Usually, young, dim students like these must brave the wild in fear of wild bears, but in this experiment, a bear is in charge of the camping trip! And you will find I'm one of the most wild bears around."

"Hmm..." Blubs cupped his chin in thought. "You ever hear of such a thing, Deputy Durland?"

"Oh, you know them city folk, always doin' strange things! Just the types to do something nasty..."

"That's what I thought too! Bear, you and your youngins are under arrest for the suspicion of murder!" The sheriff leaned down under his seat to pull out a pair of handcuffs. He leaned out of the car to slap them on Monokuma's wrists, but the cuffs just slid off his small arms. "This bear has some kind of... power! I don't think we can arrest him!"

Monokuma raised his paws to his mouth, giggling. "Oh, you sillies! That's just because I'm a police officer myself!" Monokuma pulled out a sheriff's badge with his face on it, passing it off to Blubs. "I'm a big officer from the big city! If you got a murder case, I'm your bear! Murder is my middle name, after all."

The two officers exchanged a look, but then shrugged nonchalantly. "A big-time officer, huh... Well, it does sound like we could use your help! There ain't been a murder in Bright Falls for years!"

"You see, we got a public figure in town who up and got himself offed. Name's Mark Jefferson, and he put Bright Falls on the map with his photography."

"Yeah, he even took some photos that made us look good!" Blubs held up a photo for all to see. "This one's our favorite."

HkOw9rC.png

"See, buncha folks show up mysteriously at the camp up the road and a guy that everyone loved ends up killed... seems fishy to me!"

"And bears love fish, don't they?"

The two officers began discussing what bears ate, but Monokuma was quick to interject. "Not so fast, officers! You were considering my help... and a bear like me loves to lend a paw! Using my powers as a big-time officer, I'll become town sheriff for a few days and get to the bottom of this mystery!"

The two officers paused. "Well..." Blubs shrugged. "Would be easier on us, wouldn't it?"

"And he is a big-time officer... don't want to step on his toes."

"But, hey... no hard feelings, but if you and your crew can't find out who did it, I'm afraid we'll have to toss the lot of ya in jail. Sorry about that."

"Oh, no problem, officers! Sheriff Monokuma is on the job!"

Blubs took off his hat and placed it on Monokuma's head. Durland made a comment about having time to goof off and the pair hollered as they drove off back into town. Monokuma turned around to face the group, a laugh starting on his lips.

6CYyKY7.gif

"What a strange development, huh? Looks like I've saved you all from becoming criminals! And now a murder mystery...? Better thank your headmaster for giving you such valuable experience! Upupupu..." With a wave of Monokuma's hand, the school bus that everyone had woken up in drove up into the parking lot. The door opened, beckoning everyone inside.

As Monokuma took his place at the driver's seat, Monomi yelled, "what are you planning, Monokuma?!"

For an answer, Monomi and everyone else felt a compulsion to get on the bus. There wasn't anything that could be done as everyone was forced to take their seats, waiting for Monokuma to get the bus going. Diana was sitting at the front, practically growling. "If you can make us just do whatever you want, why don't you just make us kill each other?"

Monokuma had a simple answer. "That's no fun, is it?"

The ride into Bright Falls was a calm one. The town held an undeniable natural beauty, on display in full as the school bus made its way down the steep hill and barreled toward the town proper. The sun shone brilliantly off a waterfall in the distance, just beyond the town, as if Bright Falls itself was basking in rainbows.

Joining the Elderwood Park on the slopes of the mountains was a sawmill, standing proudly. The lake that Lovers' Peak overlooked connected to the waterfall, with two steep rock faces that would be reminders of the execution. Did Neon sit at the bottom of that very lake?

The lake branched off into rivers that went off in the opposite direction of the town like fingers. Some of these rivers connected to the ocean beyond, where another cliff held a shining beacon of hope-- a lighthouse.

As the school bus crossed the threshold into the town proper, specific buildings stood out more than others. The Bright Falls Sheriffs Station, a seemingly simple diner, an imposing power station, a tall-standing church, and Monokuma's intended destination, Blackwell Academy.

BcEuj7V.png

"No freaking way!" Victoria exclaimed, pressing her face against a window of the bus.

744a03S.jpg

According to the maps, this was a senior high school that specialized in Science and Arts. "This is where the deceased worked!" Monokuma declared as the school bus came to a stop in front of the academy. The bear hopped off his seat as the bus doors opened. "You're to investigate and find out info on him before the day is over!"

Inexplicably, on the backs of the maps was now a crude but simple map of the academy itself. There was the art classroom, where Jefferson worked, and the science classroom that was across the hall from it. There was also Jefferson's office to investigate, as well as the Principal's office. Finally, some information could probably be found at the girl's dormitory and boy's dormitory.

"I-- I have to go," Victoria said, running off the bus first.

Monokuma waited patiently for the others to follow.

Continued here.

CAST LIST
@C.T. as Arya Stark "Ultimate Killer" [Game of Thrones]
@Yang Lee as Bolin "Ultimate Earthbender" [The Legend Of Korra]
@Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada "Ultimate Jujutsuka" [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi]
@T.O.M. as Catbug "Ultimate Cutie" [Bravest Warriors]
@Minerva as Corrin "Ultimate Protector" [Fire Emblem]
@DapperDogman as Darv "Ultimate Saltborn" [Salt & Sanctuary]
@Yun Lee as Edmond Honda "Ultimate Sumo Wrestler" [Street Fighter]
@BarrenThin as Genji Shimada "Ultimate Forgiveness" [Overwatch]
@Krieg as Isaac "Felix" Gates "Ultimate Bounty Hunter" [Red VS Blue]
@The Tactician as Jack "Ultimate Samurai" [Samurai Jack]
@york as Jack Frost "Ultimate Funhouse" [Rise of the Guardians]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri "Ultimate ???" [Danganronpa]
@Gummi Bunnies as "Lapis Lazuli" "Ultimate Crystal" [Original Character]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as M. "Stiles" Stilinski "Ultimate Sarcasm" [Teen Wolf]
@Crow as Morikubo Nono "Ultimate Wallflower" [THE iDOLM@STER]
@Archwar as Noble Six "Ultimate Lone Wolf" [Original Character/Halo]
@Jeremi as Poison "Ultimate Manager" [Street Fighter]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse "Ultimate Rat Mouse" [Original Character]
@Josh M as Scarlet Witch "Ultimate Witch" [Marvel Comics]
@Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden "Ultimate Breaching Charge" [Rainbow Six: Siege]
@Hospes as Tarlotte "Ultimate Tantrum" [Kyoshiro to Town no Sora]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta "Ultimate Teacher" [Overwatch]
@The Spartan Potato as Terezi Pyrope "Ultimate Justice" [Homestuck]
@DBZ7 as Tharja "Ultimate Hextress" [Fire Emblem]
@Nater Taters as Tomoko Kuroki "Ultimate Loser" [WataMote]
@Atomyk as Victoria Maribeth Chase "Ultimate Bitch" [Life is Strange]
@Takumi as Yurick "Ultimate Arcanist" [The Last Story]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Zinnia "Ultimate Lorekeeper" [Pokemon]​

Last edited:
Stiles wasn't sure what to make of the situation, but he wasn't about to lose the only person who would talk to him. He ran off the bus after Victoria, hoping that he hadn't lost her in the short amount time. " Victoria, wait up," he said.

@Atomyk @Chasing Victoria

As the group began piling off the bus, Monokuma followed after them, but found himself stopped by a member of the school's faculty.

"Ah... sir? Are you the new sheriff? May I ask... why is your police vehicle a bus filled with civilians?"

roLnfd6.png

"This is my forensics team!"

"Uh... huh..."

@Minerva ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.