MOFFS-G — For Kids With Superpowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jax followed after, glancing at the map and drawing it out in his head. He had gut feeling he wouldn't forget it. "I think we have to ask to leave," he looked at all the bots around the area. "Do you know what dorm you're in? I asked earlier." He remembered that not many people had questions, but perhaps everybody was too taken back by the sheer amount of activities available. He wondered what kind of style Jason had... and himself. When he tried to think about his old house, Jax couldn't think of what it physically looked like in his room. What happened to his room? Since he no longer existed? Would they remove all the photographs of him, his bedroom, all the things that made him him? Jax wasn't sure. He mourned his bedroom more than his parents. He knew that he liked the comfort of his bed. Perhaps the beds here were similar.

Jason frowns at what Jax had said. We have to ask to leave? As in, they don't trust us to go off alone, or is there something out there that they don't want us to find? Either way, this place is starting to sound more and more like a prison in disguise... For the first time, he trains his thoughts on the first announcement they had gotten. A specific part. The part about how escape attempts would not be taken lightly. He hadn't understood then why anyone would have any reason to try to escape, but now he was starting to put together the first two pieces of a puzzle he hoped wasn't too complicated. He lets his thoughts wander on this last note before Jax's next question snaps him back into reality.

"Oh, no, I'm not sure. I remember hearing something about we are in S2, but I don't know much more than that," He says as he mentally berates himself for not asking the questions he should've. He bites his lower lip, wondering if it was too late to ask someone where he was to go. He glances around, spotting one of those robo-guards Jax had pointed out to him earlier, and he wondered if he could ask one of them.

"Maybe we're in the same dorm," Jax said hopefully. There was fifteen kids, approximately, in the dorm, he remembered, so Jason could have a chance. They were around the same age and were both boys. It would make sense. He looked around. The roboguards were situated at every door. They probably wouldn't let just anyone through. "We should go and ask," he suggested. Pass time was his idea. The quicker time flew, the quicker
They could leave this room.

Jason nods, a little excited by the fact that they could possibly be sharing a room. Jax would probably be the only friend he'd make, at least until he settled in, as he wasn't a very social person. The only way he really interacted much with anyone was through baseball, and by the empty look of the field he figured that wouldn't be off much use either. He turns back to Jax after examining the doors, which he noticed with dismay, were all guarded by the robots. The fact that they had to ask permission to leave didn't sit well in his stomach. "Yeah... I guess," Jason replies with a shrug as he begins to walk over to the one guarding the hallway that led to the dorms.

Jax followed after, a small spring in his step. It sounded cool to have roommates. Someone to share scary stories, have midnight feasts, and play pillow fights with. What?! Where had they come from? Now he thought harder, the memory faded. Weird.

Glancing at Jason for a few moments, he noticed he felt uneasy. Perhaps the roboguard freaked him out the way it freaked out the girl from earlier. Though Jax couldn't see why. It was the room itself giving him the creeps. The robots were awesome.

As Jason drew nearer to the guard, he thought about having a room mate. He couldn't draw up even the vaguest concept of what it was all about, which led him to believe that he had not previously had one. But surely he had had a... oh, what was the word? He thinks furiously, even almost stopping in his tracks just to pull the word from the depths of his mind, but no use. Jason could barely remember anything from before he had gotten here, he hoped he could retain some knowledge of his previous life. That was the point though, wasn't it? They didn't want him, or anyone for that matter, to remember their past lives. But who 'they' were and why they didn't was still a mystery.

Questions, so many unanswered questions. Maybe they'll tell us more later. He thinks as he comes within speaking distance of the guard. He furrows his eyebrows for a moment, unsure of how to ask. Finally he just shrugs his shoulders once and begins to speak. "Uh, Jax and I were, uh, looking to find our rooms. Any way we could, uh, get out of here to do that?" He manages to stutter out.

Status
Not open for further replies.