MOFFS-G — For Kids With Superpowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It felt sort of ridiculous at this point. He didn't need to know that, and now he's acting weird. Come on, Marco! He sighed a bit. "Sorry. Yeah. No, it's fine. You didn't know." Honestly, it wasn't a big deal to Marco anymore. He was just a bit concerned that he threw Miles off. God, and it probably sounded like he was either coming onto him or.. Okay, it doesn't matter. Focus. "But we could still go around and meet people. I'd just be glad to get some good friends around here." He smiled, albeit he looked like he was trying to suppress the grin.

Wow. okay, it seemed Maro was pretty cool with His reaction. Apparently his worries of offending the guy were all for naught. Hopefully they could continue without worry of stepping on eachother's toes. The whole situation seemed ridiculous in comparison to the situation of "trapped in space". "Yeah. Please. Let's do that." Miles did a one-eighty heading in no particular direction. "This place is crazy huge and techy man." He commented as they walked, not out of anxiety but because it kept reeling over in his head a thousand times. "Is your suit dry or is that just my eyes?" Miles chuckled, briefly glancing at the dry looking sheen of Marco's suit shoulder.

"I think we should find more players. Perhaps they'll find us," Jax suggested. "There'll be someone." He looked around, not scouting for anyone in particular. "But if you want, we could play and hope people join in." He glanced at the equipment. There was enough for quite a few people. "That seems like a plan."

Here is Jason, by the way, since Person Of Letters helped me through the process of figuring out how to do it. ;)
Sorry I couldn't make it smaller, I'm not sure how yet. I'll find out eventually though.
tumblr_m2lh5jzfZ11rp570zo1_500.jpg

"Yeah," Jason agrees. "I'm sure once we start playing, more people will join in. You know, everybody is probably nervous about starting a game, especially if they don't have someone to start it with..." He looks at Jax again, now that he was getting to know the place, he couldn't believe how lucky he had been. If Jax hadn't come over to him, he would most likely still be wandering around, looking for a half interesting game to play. He was glad that he had made an acquaintance, perhaps now the mixed feelings he had about this place would be easier to endure.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" He asks rhetorically. "Let's grab us some gear and play some baseball!" He calls out as he jogs over to the gear.

By now, As it had probably been a little over ten minutes, Rachel had met several girls slightly younger than her, who had taken a fancy to walking the room's expanse. "-Yeah. Actually I don't play sports if I can help it." She beamed up at a taller girl who was obviously built stronger than she.

"I could see that." The girl chimed as they walked, not at all hostile. "You seem more like the girl who might braid hair and stuff." the girl chuckled miming braiding her own tangled, red mess.

"I can't imagine being here for the rest of my life..." Another petite brunette girl, who Rachel guessed was no older than 14, mumbled. The girls moods immediately slipped into silent thought at the distraction, Passing by courts approaching the baseball diamond.

Rachel understood their disheartened expressions but it wasn't her nature to really stay in one place as it was; Besides, she barely remembered home. Having reached the diamond's fense Rachel used the structure to lean against slipping into her sarcastic vibe "...So what are you girls in for?" she joked taking advantage of the inmates theory that had begun spreading.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yeah, probably," Jax was glad he had some guts. Perhaps it was because Jason was probably his age. Ignoring his thoughts, he dashed over to the equipment. He wasn't sure if he was any good at baseball. Still, he was about to find out. "Do you want to bat first?" He was pretty sure that was a lot of people's favourites, but who knew. Jax looked at the ball, and the bat, and the weird gloves. He smiled, "Or pitcher. I'm okay with either... though honestly, I don't know if I'm any good."

((OoC: And I don't play baseball so I'm going off Bart Simpson and rounders so forgive me... and it's great I know what Jason looks like too. He reminds me of Jason Grace.))

((OOC: Sorry it took so long to reply, I had some stuff to do. And I honestly know jack about baseball too, in fact I don't even really like the sport. I just thought that Jason looked like a baseball kind of guy ;) And you have also read the Heroes Of Olympus series? Looking at your username I'm guessing you're at least a fan?))

Jason surveyed the equipment happily. He looked through the strong leather gloves for his size, finally finding one he slips it on. As he flexes his fingers, making sure the glove was a good fit before he went about finding a bat. He eyed up each bat carefully before he selected a wooden handled one with an aluminum head. He smiles, twirling the bat like a baton as he walks back over to Jax. "Yeah, I think I'll bat first if you don't mind," He says, already looking forward to trying his new bat out for size. "I'm sure you're good. Besides, even if you've never played before doesn't mean you won't be good," Jason comments as he walks over to home plate, tapping the bat against it as he does so.

((This will be funny))

"I've played before. I think," Jax was confused with what he'd actually done and what he thought he'd done. Who knew whether they were fake memories or not. "And I don't mind." He picked up the ball, before making his way to the pitcher's post. "Ready?" He hoped Jason didn't have super speed for his power. It could be difficult to play, and Jax knew there was a competitive streak in him. After it was confirmed he was, he bowled the ball and hoped Jason missed so he could win.

((Edit OoC: I've read them. And PJO. And KC. :) Though really my username is a play on Greeks vs Aztecs))

Last edited:
((OOC: Same here, and that's cool! Sorry my replies are coming so late, it's incredibly difficult to get wifi where I am for the next few days.))

Jason runs his hand down the aluminum surface of the bat. He didn't think he had ever played with a bat as nice as this one, all of his had been wooden to the core. He was eager to try the bat out for size, although he figured it would be slightly different to use, and would take some getting used to. "Ready when you are," He replied as he adjusts his stance, the tip of the bat behind him, ready to swing. As Jax winds up, he begins to have second thoughts about this. What if he really wasn't good at baseball at all? He is so absorbed in his thoughts that when the ball flies his way, he doesn't even swing. The sounds of the ball smacking against the chain on the back wall snaps him from his trance. His eyes widen slightly as he realizes that he had just missed the ball, and he turns to Jax, offering a sheepish smile. "I guess I'm a little rusty," He says as he picks the ball off up the ground, wiping the dust off of it.

"Just a little," Jax replied with a small chuckle. He found it quite funny how Jason was deep in thought. "Let's try again," he went to pick up the ball before retaking his space in the pitcher's field and giving Jason a smile. Waiting for Jason to say he's ready, before throwing the ball again.

Jason once again assumes his ready position. He breathes in deeply once, inhaling the dusty scent of the baseball diamond, and then he exhales slowly. He lets his bat rest against his the back of his shoulder as he clears all thoughts from his mind. The only thought that remained was the sound of the bat against the ball. He opens his eyes, turning towards the pitching mound and giving Jax a small nod, signaling that he was ready.

Throwing the ball again, realising he was a fairly good pitcher. Perhaps he was good at baseball. Better than he thought. Surely Jason would hit it this time.

Jason watches Jax wind up once more, inhaling deeply. He was prepared this time, and as the ball detached from Jax's hand, he tightened his grip on his bat. He keeps his eyes trained on the ball as it flies nearer to him, the pitch was very good, right in the strike zone, but he could feel it this time. He wasn't going to miss. The ball finally reaches him, it all seemed to happen in slow motion. He exhales as he brings the bat around, the crack emanating and echoing through his head. The hit was nothing special, just a simple line dive down second base, but it was definitely what he needed. A grin splits across his face as everything snaps back into fast pace, and he begins to sprint towards first base, the crack still replaying in his mind.

Jax was quite the opposite. It went so fast. Before he knew it, Jason was making his way to first base. He ran after the ball, knowing he had to get it somewhere. The answer was... where? The base in front of Jason? The base he'd ran at? Hit Jason? Back at the pitcher? So many possibilities, and Jax didn't know which one to pick, so when he got the ball, he stood for a few moments to think, before deciding that the base in front was his first thought, and aimed for the base Jason was running towards.

Jason glances over at Jax as he swoops up the baseball. He notices his hesitation, the way his eyes jump to a bunch of different places before he finally settles. At this point, Jason was really hauling ass to first base. The rush was all coming back to him, all of his baseball memories. The smells, oh, and the sounds! The sounds were so realistic, he could practically imagine a crowd around them, cheering for their team. He was about three quarters of the way to first base now, and out of the corner of his eye he caught Jax preparing to throw the ball, aiming it precariously so that it would hit first, striking him out. He was fast, yes, but he wasn't super speed fast. He turns back to the base, making it his main focal point and pushing himself even harder.

Letting the ball go, he watched as it hit the base with a satisfied smile. Jax hadn't even noticed Jason's position, only celebrating the small victory of aiming right to care whether the other boy had ran past or not. With a small hum of approval, he allowed his thoughts to wonder for a few moments, to the need to pull memories back to himself. Yet, none came. No faces, no names, no nothing. Why did he mind so much? Not even a city name or a football team appeared in his vision. Speaking of football teams, was there a television? Perhaps not... it would help them realise things like where they came from. And he supposed that wouldn't be good.

Jason watched as Jax released the baseball into the air. He whipped his head back around to face the base, attempting to mentally measure the distance between himself and the base, and how fast he could get there at his rate of speed. It was no use, however, as math was never one of his strongest subjects. At least, he thought so, he couldn't really remember. As he breaks the barrier of five feet, he dives, knowing the ball was soaring down to the base with him. The tip of his fingers brush the edge of the base before he rolls off into the dust, although he wasn't sure if he beat the ball or vice versa. Regardless of the outcome, he lay in the dust, grinning like a kid who had just walked into a candy store. That was what he had been looking for. The rush. And as the adrenaline seeped out of his body, he realized that he didn't care what the outcome was, he was satisfied with just hitting the ball and running. He finally pulls himself to his feet, walking over to get the baseball. Once he acquires it, he turns to Jax, shooting him a grin and a thumbs up.

Jax watched Jason roll into the dust. "That was awesome!" Jax cheered, realising neither knew who had won, but letting his new friend have the moment anyways. He noted how fast Jason had been for future reference. At least he knew there was always something to do. He went over to Jason, after the other boy picked up the baseball. "Who won?" Jax wondered if the other knew which had reached the base first, before realising it didn't really matter.

Jason grins as Jax jogs over to him, giving him a shrug in response to his question. "I was hoping you had seen, I kicked up so much dust there was no way I could've seen," he says with a small laugh as he tosses the ball up into the air and catches it again. He wasn't sure if he was aloud to, but he really wanted to keep the ball. It gave him some reminder of whatever kind of life he had at home, and since he didn't remember much he wanted to keep his baseball one strong. Although, that could be a reason to not allow him to keep it. He decided not to bring that up when he asked, and then he decided not to ask at all. "Well, it doesn't seem like anyone else is joining. We could keep playing for find something else to do," He suggests with a small shrug.

"I think we should have a look around," Jax noticed Rachel and a few other girls, and decided to leave her to it for now. "At least just to know what's here." He was itching to leave the room itself. He wanted to be familiar with the whole thing, not just one room. There's a training room, dormitories... there'll be a dining room... and a kitchen... but what else? he thought to himself. The possibilities were endless. They were in space. How did foreign countries not see this though, and bomb it? Or was it a worldwide known thing? "But... I'm okay either way," he finished eventually.

"Yeah, I agree. I've been wanting to check out the dormitories anyway. Style up my bed, see what the sleeping situation is all about," Jason says as he searches around for a map, or anything to give them a clue as to where everything was. As he does this, he stuffs the baseball deep into the confines of his pocket, keeping it to look at later. He eventually spots a sing displaying a map of the space institute, and he points it out to Jax before jogging over. Once he arrives, he examines the map. This room looked to be the largest out of them, but there were a few others that compared in size. The kitchen looked to be of decent size, and he made a mental note to check that area out later. He smiles as his gaze lands on the room labeled dormitories, and he attempts to copy the outline of the map in his head, perhaps for more than just knowing his way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.