MOFFS-G — For Kids With Superpowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just above Mars," Jax answered. "Did you miss the announcement? Rachel." He noted the name significantly quietly. He wasn't as good at remembering numbers, but he doubted anybody would be called by their numbers by other kids. She seemed cold. That was what Jax saw as she rubbed her arms. That, or tense. He wondered if there was hot chocolate here. Or even just warm milk. Talking of food and drink... was there a huge dining room? He wanted to explore. Not just this room as well. Sure, it was great and all, but Jax wanted to know his way around. He doubted that the bots would allow that. And he wanted to stay on their good side.

Miles noticed That Maro's suit was dry as well, adding one point to the suit's cool factor then subtracting it right away for it's pocketless design. He chuckled giving Marco's question a toothy sideway grin "Yeah, wherever here is.." He had yet to really look at the place but as soon as he was done meeting and seeing people he'd already planned to run the perimeter and see exactly how big it was. "Hey, you wana..." He hesitated. He was going to ask if Maro wanted to run with him but seeing the sheer size of the building versus the boy beside him decided against it. Miles quickly recovered his words with a cough "Uh. You wana meet some girls?"

064475818dccc7ad2e0738d19a66e144.jpg

No longer surprised by the other worldly statements being made Rachel relaxed her shoulders and ceased rubbing her arm though she still held it there. "Yeah, I heard it a minute ago." she took a brief second to brush her frazzled hair away "It wasn't very explanatory though." feeling a bit fidgety she tossed the bot a sideways glance. "It's kind of obvious that they're" she poked a thumb at the bot" the lifeless bunch keeping us here."
She could feel every living in the room except those soulless shells; it really creeped her out inside. "I'm sorry, I really love to keep talking to you but these things are really freaking me out right now." A few people passed by them looking pretty sour and somehow in awe at the same time. She had to admit, the atmosphere was truly marvelous in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marco tilted his head a bit, furrowing his brows. It was strange behavior, but he doubts there's such thing as normal behavior anymore. He doubted that it was what Miles originally wanted, but he would let it pass. There was probably a good reason he didn't say what he planned to. Maybe it would have come out wrong.

"Oh. Uh." But now he was in a sticky situation. Marco averted the other's eyes, looking down at the water. He would hate to make a friend, just to have them dislike him for what his answer may be. You'll never know with people. But it would be terrible if he lied, as well. "I mean, I guess so. It's just.." Nervously, he pushes his glasses up on the bridge of his nose more, a quirk he had. Whenever he got uncomfortable, it was just the automatic response. "Nothing. Yeah, I'd like that." Dammit.

"Great." Miles' tone was skeptical but he rose anyway. It seemed they were both uncertain of what to do or say at this point. "Great. Great. Great." he repeated a slightly quieter as he scanned the area around him. There were only a few humans in the general vicinity and most were boys, probably because most of the sports areas were too. He craned his neck forward a little, a habit when searching, to see where several girls gathered around some kind of a pole thing. "You know what.." he pulled back to give Marco a hesitant, and slightly embarrassed, look. "Call me a girl for wanting to talk about feelings, but" twitch "I want to know what you were going to say."

Pleas excuse my ignorance, if you will, I have just joined, so I guess I can be dubbed a 'noob' Anyway, I am not sure how to post pictures, but here is the basic information of my character. (I'd love to post his picture, if someone could please inform me of the basic workings for that)
Name: Jason 482-104 (Frequently called Jace)
Power: Ability to levitate himself and other objects, he can control small objects and what they do.

Jason had been one of the stragglers, following the few remaining people into the 'play room', at least, that's what he guessed it was based on the large amounts of objects scattered around it. He looks around, his eyes widening slightly at the sight. His eyes made their way across the people, searching for someone to potentially talk to. He certainly didn't want to be that one weird kid with no friends. As was to probably be expected, he was in a state of confusion. He grasped the basics as to why he was here, but to get a full understanding he would need more information. Once more his eyes scan the room, catching on a few boys that looked to be around his age. He never was one to go up to introduce himself, he wasn't shy, just not very outgoing or willing to put in the effort it took to make a friend. He shakes his head. You're never going to make a friend if you continue to stand here. What do I do? Instead his gaze wanders to the many things to do in this large room. Perhaps if he started playing one, someone would join in and then that would be the hardest part done with.

"That's okay," Jax shrugged, looking at the bot for a few moments. He had not found it obvious nor freaky. Perhaps she saw something different. No matter. It wasn't Jax's problem. What was Jax's problem was the facial expressions of the people passing by. He wondered who they were pointing towards.

He scanned around the room, noticing someone who looked around his age. Well, he could see quite a few, but he didn't want to talk to all of them yet. One friend was fine. For now. The person who seemed the most normal also seemed very close to the door. Perhaps he didn't like this room that much either. Jax couldn't read people's minds, it wasn't his power.

Looking back at the bot for a few moments, trying to find the thing that Rachel did not like, before settling with the fact that they were fine, and glancing at the boy near the door. Clearly neither were going to help the other become friends. With a sigh, Jax went towards the boy by the door. "Um. Hi," he said, unsure what else to say.

Jason, meanwhile, had diligently been searching for a game that tickled his fancy. Seeing no games in particular, he had been about to head over to one that had looked somewhat interesting when he noticed the boy he had seen earlier approaching. Instead he turns around to face the boy, putting a half smile on his face in an attempt to look as friendly and welcoming as he possibly could.

He was sort of glad that the boy had taken the burden of introducing himself first, another thing Jason struggled with. If he hadn't, he might of stood there with his hands shoved into the depths of his pockets, simply staring at the boy. And that most likely would have scared him off. "Hey," is all he says in reply at first, then noticing how lame that sounded, he decided that he should add on to it. He quickly pulls his right hand from the inner workings of his pocket, offering it out to the boy. "I'm Jason... Jason, uh..." He pauses here, wrinkling his eyebrows in concentration. Nothing came to him besides a series of numbers, so he shrugs once, looking up at the boy once more. "I guess I'm Jason 482-104," He finishes, nodding his head along with his words as if to convince himself of that fact as well.

"I'm Jax... nice to meet you, Jason," he replied. He wondered how come only some suits had pockets. Jax sure as well didn't. Perhaps it was for his power. He shook the hand nonetheless, hoping he hadn't shocked him. That would be hilariously upsetting. "I'm sorry, I've forgotten your number." Since he'd introduced himself with it, perhaps he wanted to be named by it. No matter how hard he thought about it, with a calm, collected expression, it did not come back. Gone through one ear and out the other. Oh well.

Shifting one foot to the other, Jax wasn't sure what to say next. Mostly because he didn't want to invite him to play on an xbox if he like sports, or invite him to play sports if he was a gamer. "This room is huge," he stated. "I don't think there's a room bigger. Nobody could be claustrophobic here."

"I.. I wasn't going to say anything." He answered quickly. Though, he wasn't sure if that was a good idea. He got a second chance. He should really use it. And so, with a sigh, Marco ran his hand through his soaked hair. "Okay, that's not true. I was going to say something else. It's just.. Weird, is all. And I don't know how you would react." He shrugged his shoulders, refusing to meet the other's eyes. It's not something you tell a complete stranger. But.. If he was going to be friends with the kid, might as well get it out of the way anyways. He took a deep breath.

"It's just.. I'm.. Not into... girls."

Miles' was struck dumb in a frozen deadpan before Marco. The boy seemed shy but honest. Was he just reading into this? It was definitely possible; he was pretty used to being an inquizzitive, slightly analytical nut sometimes;for a guy, that is. Not into girls, like he's never met a cool one or... He wasn't going to say anything? Okay, so many flags here just take the hint. He mentally smashed the rising shiver back. Even if he didn't feel the same way, he was the one who asked the question. Besides it seemed like he genuinely just wanted to be honest to Miles. He blinked awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "Ah." another few moments passed "Well, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.." he realized that he was probably the one who looked uncomfortable. "before I mean about the girls." he crossed his arms gently in attempt to relax himself. "I'm glad you told me." that was pretty much the extent of what he could say about it really. He was ready to explore things.

''Likewise,'' Jason replies in response as he takes Jax's hand in a firm grasp, giving it one shake before releasing it. He hoped he had done that right, at least, as he was beginning to realize he wasn't the best with social interaction. "My number?" Jason repeats, seeming to forget what it was for a second. There's a moment of slightly awkward silence before it pops back into his head. "Ah, right, of course. It's 482-104, but I'd prefer it if you just called me Jason, or Jase. Being called by a number makes me feel..." He bites his lower lip, trying to remember the word. He never did have a large vocabulary, as he was quite forgetful, usually losing the word in space the day after he learned it. Nonetheless, fate must have been on his side, as the word pieces itself together for him. "Like an inmate. You know, like I'm in prison or something," He finishes, hoping he hadn't embarrassed himself too bad in the few seconds it took to conjure up the word. I wonder why we even have numbers. This certainly doesn't feel like a prison, but what's up with that? He thinks to himself. Just another thing to look into in this strange place.

Jason laughs slightly at the Boy's next words. "Yes, it sure is quite the eye catcher. I wonder if they designed it that way, so people wouldn't feel claustrophobic..." He trails off as his eyes wander around the room once more. "There sure is quite the plethora of things to do here," He says, somewhat absentmindedly as he searches yet again for something he liked to do. He wondered vaguely if they had baseball here. He absolutely loved the grooves of the bat in his hand, and the crack it made when it collided with the ball.

482... nope, the last bit... it's gone, Jax thought to himself. "Cool. I can't shorten my name. So you can just call me Jax," he replied with a grin. He listened. Inmates. "It kinda adds up. Matching outfits, numbers, dorms, in the middle of space. But inmates get free food so..." He didn't know if he should have thrown his opinion in there. "Oh, yeah, and the roboguards," he gestured around, seeing all the robots.

He wondered why the room had been designed like that. "Yeah... maybe it's to put everything in. Football, basketball, tennis, baseball..." he made a small list as he looked along. There was so much to do. Jax was glad he had a few years to do it all.

Jason offers up a grin of his own, and then in reply, "Alright, Jax it is then," He says as he listens to what the boy had to say next. His eyebrows furrow when he gets to the part where he implied that they didn't get free food. "Wait, so you're saying that we have to pay for our food?" He inquires. That certainly wasn't going to be a good thing if they had to, because Jason was what most people described as flat out broke. He hadn't come here with any money, not knowing that he was supposed to. Maybe it was even a requirement.

He immediately perks back up, though, at the mention of baseball. "You mean to say, that they have a baseball diamond here?" He asks, showing a sliver of excitement for the first time since realizing he was stuck in this joint. If they did have baseball, he knew exactly where he was going next. If he could just feel the familiar material, oh man, he didn't know what he'd do!

It felt sort of ridiculous at this point. He didn't need to know that, and now he's acting weird. Come on, Marco! He sighed a bit. "Sorry. Yeah. No, it's fine. You didn't know." Honestly, it wasn't a big deal to Marco anymore. He was just a bit concerned that he threw Miles off. God, and it probably sounded like he was either coming onto him or.. Okay, it doesn't matter. Focus. "But we could still go around and meet people. I'd just be glad to get some good friends around here." He smiled, albeit he looked like he was trying to suppress the grin.

"No, I'm saying that's a good thing. Sorry, I'm not very good at giving out good points," Jax apologised. "I don't have any money anyway. The announcement said our diet wasn't changing. Which means they need snacks sometime." He wondered what his diet had consisted of. He couldn't remember much of it.

"I don't think it could be a fun room without a baseball diamond," Jax had fuzzy memories of playing, but really, he couldn't really pull out game instructions. "Want to play?" Maybe playing would jog his memory.

Jason sighs in relief, a smile spreading across his face once more. "It's fine, I'm just glad that I don't have to pay for my food," he laughs slightly. It certainly wouldn't have been a good thing at all. "Neither do I..." he trails off, trying to recall his past diet. He didn't remember much about his time on Earth, especially the minority of the things, like his diet. Although, he did think he remembered... no. There one moment gone the next. He just couldn't pull the name out from his scrambled memory. Although he sensed the answer was on the tip of his tongue, laughing at him because he couldn't find it. It was sort of like a game of hide and seek. The answers were all hidden in there, he could almost sense it, but he was going to have to find them on his own time. Right now he had more important things to do.

The edges of his mouth slowly creep up into a wide grin. "Yeah, I loved baseball back on Earth... at least, I think I did. It's pretty much the only thing I remember besides my first name, so it must be at least a little important," He says happily. That was another thing, the fact that he couldn't remember his last name, or his family for that matter. Had he even had a family? He shakes these thoughts from his mind. The only thing he wanted to do right now was play some baseball. "Alright, let's play ball!''

Jax was glad he wasn't the only one who couldn't remember. If being in space wouldn't make him insane, the fact he couldn't remember very much would. He could remember doing things, with friends or families, but the visions were blurred. Well, the signs of places and the people were. Everything seemed clear as day. Everything that wasn't important to know. It was almost sad. They were still there. Maybe he should write them down. There'd be a diary or something. He could always ask for one.

"I remember playing it. I think it's baseball. Maybe cricket." He considered the options. "Well, we can find out." Playing a game would definitely calm his mind. Perhaps make some more friends too. He could tell that Jason was not completely relaxed, but then, he doubted anyone was. "This way," he began to walk towards the diamond, fairly slowly, so that he didn't leave Jason behind.

Jason runs a hand through his messy blonde hair before following Jax, who seemed to know where he was going and what he was doing. There was so much to see as they walked, Jason would have stopped to admire some of it if the calling of the baseball diamond up ahead wasn't so strong. He kept walking, just thinking to himself as he trailed Jax. He knew the basic reason that they were there, apparently they all had a power of sorts. He couldn't even remember what his was, which he thought was sad. He wondered what Jax's power was, if he even knew what his power was. A memory was on the verge of recovery in his mind, but yet again it slips away just as the image was becoming clearer.

Why are we here? That's what I want to know. Just because we have strange abilities doesn't mean they had to go and kick us off of Earth. He shakes his head at his own thoughts. He had absolutely no way of knowing what that reason was. Hell, maybe they were here just because they had powers. You never know. He slowly emerges from his thoughts, almost jumping when he realizes how close they were to the baseball field.

Jason said nothing, so Jax didn't either. He kept his gaze on the baseball diamond up ahead. The last thing he wanted was to lose it. Surprisingly, it was empty. Perhaps people preferred other sports, or there was another one Jax hadn't spotted. His power wasn't super sight. He couldn't see everything and there was lots of stuff. Perhaps other rooms. That, or not as many people as Jax had first thought.

Stopping outside the diamond, he turned to Jason. "This is where people play baseball, right?" He wondered if they could ask anyone else to play, or if it was possible to play just the two of them. Or there was baseball robot people who would play. Who knew. Jax was pretty sure nothing could surprise him now.

Jason grins as he steps through the threshold and into the diamond. The familiar dirt ground was solid under his feet. He wondered if he was allowed to get his uniform dirty, although he figured the answer to that was yes. Why else would they be allowed to roam this huge room freely? He looks around the diamond, somewhat surprised that nobody else was there. Perhaps they were all aimlessly wandering around, unsure of what to do, as he had been just minutes earlier.

"Yes, this is definitely where people play baseball," Jason answers, searching for the baseball gear. He chews on his lower lip, wondering how this could work. They could always just have a batter and a pitcher, and switch on and off. Or they could scrounge up a few more players, at least enough to fill the fielding positions. It didn't really matter to Jason, as long as he got to play anything was fine by him. He voices these options to Jax. "So, which one would you rather do?" He questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.