MOEBIUS (Lithël Aelfwine x CJ Liston)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakhar smiled Enough. Help me here. He said pointing to the downward hatch. We'll throw it outside as a floating mine he said with a chuckle. The fucking pirates wouldn't imagine the ship doing something so not standard: those were their tactics!

It is already repaired: get it heated over and we're good to go! Said Dru'kala through the intercomm, now with everything out of his hands, he could just hope the others helped in the same way as he did with his part.

Colev would have chosen to blend with the crew after sabotaging the ship, but she was not sure the saboteur was able to do it, so she called Dru Dru, you belive the saboteur had the crew's uniform? Colev asked the chief ingeneer No, i don't belive it had. It was completelly black to blend with the sadows, i couldn't see it. He answered. Now, Colev head was working. The saboteur had to be heading for a place without people and safe inside the ship...
Colev runed through the airlocks and headed to the last door, where the saboteur should have stopped a second to hack it's way out, and found the saboteur. She didn't have a lot of time, so she stopped a couple of steps in front of the dark figure. That was too suden, and dangerous. But fun. You have a friend in the League of One, but don't get in the middle. As she spoke she had her omni tool out and opened the door for the saboteur that was being counter hacked. She opened the doors ahead in an scape route and whatched the saboteur scape through her way. Now she knew where it hid, because no one would reject that way out she was offering it.
Colev opened the omni tool I'm in it's run, but it cloaked, i have no way to catch it. No one should leave shore once we get there.

• Love
Reactions: SilentxChaos
"Well, assuming we get out of this, it'll still be several hours before we reach our destination. Doubtless whoever it is, they'll be masquerading as part of the crew," Tantius answered as he arrived back on the bridge.

His mere presence seemed to soothe his crew as the anxiety relaxed on their faces and they sat up straighter. He gave them a respectful nod but wasted no time in rejoining his sister at the cockpit. "Why aren't we moving?"

"Lahkar and the Spectre discovered a welcome package for the fleet," Nytine responded as her fingers danced along her consoles, "at the least it'll cover our escape but I want them crippled," uncharacteristic venom colored her voice as she paused.

"Couldn't fucking agree more," Ja'thavi spoke over the comms, "bomb's in position."

"Good. You and Lahkar get out of there and seal the doors. I'm going to drop the package as we move so the pirates won't pick it up on their sensors til too late-"

"-and head to the conference room with Colev after. We'll debrief once we're underway," Tantius intervened.

"What!? We just get to sit around with our thumbs in our asses while everyone else has the fun? That's fucking bullshit," said Ja'thavi

Saboteur's POV
It took her just a heartbeat to shed the black attire and dispose of it through a trash jute. She watched it decompress along with scrap metal and then released into space. At the same time, the ship jolted, suddenly rearing back to life, and turned away from the approaching pirate fleet. She watched from a small port window briefly- then rushed back to the elevator. She needed to get back to her station, though doubtful her overseer even noticed her disappearance. Her cloak was still active and it left her precious moments to recompose herself as she rode up the elevator. She'd slip out once she arrived on the battle decks and remove the cloak, to rejoin the crew and get to her own duties. Though she loathed to do so.

'Have I failed them?
Yes. This time.
But there are other opportunities.
I will have balance again. Life for life. Body and mind connected again.
Oh Kalahira, protect them. I will ask your forgiveness soon...'

Last edited:
Shut up Lakhar said, and cut the commlink The sboteur will want to spy on the debrief. Let him come. Once there, use your biotics to try to locate biosigns and then we drag it inside the room and shot brains all over the floor. He said with a wry smile. I'll let you even play with it before i bash it's face

Colev walked calmly towards the meeting room. In any case, her place was there ans she was not pursuing the being further. Dru watched around the way the machinery worked to prepare for anything that could happen, but it obviously didn't have any problems. He remained there, though, since probably if they were going to attack the pirates he'd be needed. He directed the other ingeneers to take up battle stations as he prepared his various toolkits and connected his guarding drone, as the rest of the tech group did, preparing for the assault.

"All decks on the rear port side, you're clear to engage. Repeat, engage!" Tantius gripped the pilot's seat and his ship jolted as the pirate's began firing. Only one missile made direct contact, rendered useless against Moebius' biotic shields. He smiled grimly. They may have numbers but their weaponry is no match for Citadel's latest tech. "Have you deployed the bomb, Nyt?"

"Yessir, 3.4 seconds ago. We have about 20 to reach the mass relay or we'll be caught on the fringe of its electromagnetic wave."

"Punch it."

Nytine nodded, already in the middle of carrying out his order. She commanded the battle crew to cease firing as they prepared to jump. One pirate missile managed get past the biotic fields during the half second window where they lowered to fire Moebius' guns. Fires were reported on three of the middle decks but were immediately put out, but that meant wounded. Tantius frowned, pained at the thought of already having KIA's when their true mission had yet to be reached. Nytine ignored it, simply informing Filipe to "get on it".

In 10 seconds, the canons ceased firing and all ports closed.

In 15 seconds, the pirate flagship sped forward, thinking Moebius had given up and was fleeing, and the pirates were desperate for a good payload.

In 18, Nytine had them reach the relay and engaged the mass core.

20- the ship rattled as the bomb went off, catching the pirate flagship and half of the ships its blast wave. The jarring ended as it began, as Moebius entered a system jump and the last thing Tantius saw was a wall of light dotted by orange blossoms. The crew cheered through the comms, the bridge crew patting each other on their backs, and their captains smiled while releasing a silent exhale of relief.

"Well, that could've been worse."

"Perhaps," Nytine replied, "but this isn't even the beginning of our journey. We still have a long way to go." With a traitor in our midst. She didn't say the last part out loud, but the mute looks the siblings gave each other said it all.

Tantius gave a sharp nod. "Right, join us in the conference room once you've ensured everything is running smoothly again. You as well, Dru." He added as he made his own way there.

I'm heading to the rear. i'm make the Triage needed and get underway. Said Dru, who was already seeing it. A little rocketted bullet had entered and broke one of the mass effect vents. The heat of the vapor the vent had inside had burned the arm and the side of one of the artillier officers, but it was only second and third grade burns in a non critical place. He could even get to sick bay on his own.

Lakhar smiled as he saw the explosion. Inside the ship that would have fried all of them, but used in their favor, it helped them deal with the pirates that had tried to get on them. Served them well, but... the fucking saboteur wanted to die with them? He first thought it was a EMP bomb, that would make the ship an easy target as they had nothing to do until systems loaded, but now he could see that it wanted them dead. Great great, let's move it and get to the others.

Ja'thavi merely grunted as she followed Lahkar back to the conference room. Once there she sat on a table in the corner and began dismantling her shotgun, cleaning and checking for malfunctions. Her lips moved soundlessly as she worked. Tantius gave a mildly bemused look and glanced at Lahkar, but wasn't about to probe the asari.

Soon, Filipe popped into the conference room followed by his assistant, a short human women with brown hair and hard, distrusting eyes. She was busily writing on a clipboard as Filipe wiped his hands on his uniform. Blood stained the white fabric in stretched handprints. The doctor didn't seem to notice as he rattled off to his assistant. "Lieutenant Solvo needs another transfusion, type O, and we need to fashion a splint for Mactis. Why wouldn't they stock a ship with the proper tools to fix a broken bone-"

"Mactis, sir?"

"What-? Oh, it's the turian gun mechanic, Marsha. We just left him."

"Right...sorry, doctor."

"No worries, you'll remember all of them soon enough, usually when they wind up dead-"

Tantius cleared his throat.

Filipe looked up. "Yes?"

"Report, doctor?"

"Oh. Right. No casualties Tantius, and none to be suspect. Lots of third degree bones and broken bones or sprained limbs. Vetz has a punctured lung but I managed to reset the rib and close the rupture, he should be fine within a few weeks. You know I will say there isn't much for simple injuries but the operating room in the medbay is state of the art! Marsha, did you know that-"

"Filipe," Tantius sighed.

"Right. Sorry."

Shall we start? let the others join... Started Lakhar as a breathless Colev entered the room. Hi Everyone! She cheered, and sad in an open spot. Lakhar looked at her, with a blank expression. As they get here- Proposed Lakhar, looking at the captain.

Master? Asked the Yagh via Intercomm It's a lot of maintenance to do here, maybe i should stay out of the meeting... he said, and Tantius recieved a message from him in his omni-tool I'm sorry, but i don't fit in that little space.

"Well, can't be helped Dru. Let me know when everything's under control again," Tantius said, "and please- just Captain or Tantius will do."

He turned to those present, smoothing a hand along his head. "Well...this trip has had an interesting start."

"We still have a traitor onboard," Ja'thavi sneered from her table top, wasting no time in addressing the problem, "we should interrogate everyone on here until we find them and-"

"-and what?" The door hissed open and Nytine entered, her one eye glaring heatedly at the asari. "Lock him in the brig for the next three years? Eject him into space? Kill him?"

"I was thinking enhanced interrogation, but killing works too," snapped back Ja'thavi.

Tantius raised a hand. "Peace. We aren't executing anyone-"

"Hmmph. Killjoy."

"-we do need to decide what our next move should be as far as taking care of this dilemma. Thoughts?"

He looked around at the group, noticing the hostile glances between Nytine and the Spectre, and logged the problem for later evaluation- but not before wondering what other tensions may be surfacing among his crew thanks to their saboteur. Hell of a way to start off a trip. Sighing, he turned to Colev. "Did you manage to catch a glimpse of the saboteur during your pursuit? Can you give us any insight to him?"

All eyes turned to her.

• Thank You
Reactions: UnAngelVerde
Spacing the fucker works for me. Said the Urdnot with a raspy laugh. They were pretty simple minded, and looked like they have not been hardened in battle situations. Better for him, because this vessel was going to be his.
Umm... not more than a shifting shadow... I don't even got a race for any of you. She said, clearly distressed Although we salarians have shorter legs than humans or turians, so i would bet for that.

We got nothing, ok. What if we take the registers and see who had a curious entry. We don't have the time to examine everyone one by one

• Love
"You don't think we did that already?" Nytine quipped, drawing herself up.

"Does it hurt to check again?" Filipe interrupted. Up till now, he'd only half-listened to their conversation as he flipped through his assistant's clipboard. She stood off to one side with her eyes watching intently and some malice directed at Ja'thavi and the Urdnot. Filipe glanced up and swallowed when confronted by the turian's cold ferocity. "I-I mean it's not like anyone expects a saboteur during these times, right? Not after the Reaper Wars- never mind," he muttered, noticing the incredulous-ness from half the room.

Tantius hid a smile behind his hand. "The doctor does have a point. We should recheck all credentials, including those in this room. In the meantime, I am going to reinforce security and set patrols around the ship. We'll make an announcement to the crew that the saboteur is onboard. Keep an ear out for gossip but make sure no fighting erupts. We need people suspicious without open hostility coming into play. It won't be long until we reach the new relay. Right, Nyt?"

"Yessir. Estimated ETA is two hours."

He nodded his thanks, and folded his hands behind his back. "Anything else?"

Look, turian, you had less than 10 minutes, that can't be thorough. He said, irritated Try to make some sense. He said We could assign couples to everyone so that other people has always an eye on each other. Activate all the sensors and use biotic scans, Ja'thavi should be able to do that.

"Thank you, Urdnot Lahkar, for being the voice of reason," Tantius nodded toward him though he grimaced at the irony of his statement. "I will talk with the crew and assign teams of people to guard and keep an eye on each other. But, as for the six of us..."

The captain looked around, keeping Dru in mind, and paused on Filipe's assistant. "Marsha, wasn't it?"

She looked startled but took a tiny step forward and gave a salute. "Sir."

"Marsha this is an officer's meeting. Essential personnel only?"

Flickering glances between the group, she ducked her head in humiliation . "Sorry sir." Saluting again, she backed out of the door.

Filipe scratched his head. "Sorry Tantius, sometimes I forget about...protocol..."

"No worries- as long as it doesn't happen again. Now, as far as partners go it would be best for us to pair with people we haven't been around long... I'm suggesting Nyt and Lahkar-"

"What?!" Nytine snapped.

"Ja'thavi and Colev-" the asari bared her teeth with displeasure, but remained silent, "and Filipe and Dru."

At least turians know how to fight. She may last... if it was a salarian hohohoho! i'd play squash with her skull. he said clearly pleased and gloating on her distress. Maybe you should open an arena somewhere in the ship before these "wise" pairings go overboard

Colev said nothing but nodded, certain everything would go smoothly once they got to meet each other and she could read the asari. All asari were empathic, this one looked something around krogan or turian, maybe some of them were her parents.

So, what is the status of the travel and what will be our next moves as a crew? he asked

((Who'd be Tantius second in command?))

Status
Not open for further replies.