MOEBIUS (Lithël Aelfwine x CJ Liston)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's... sad. We're all part of your pride, we should all be ready to follow any command. Said the hulking being. As he learned more of the mission, he grew exited Marvelous! I have not started to delve the misteries of the space above Dumakralla and we're already getting on an adventure! I won't be the new one anymore! His joy was completelly true.

Convulsed, our crew, isn't it? Said Colev as she entered the medic bay. As they set up in the boiler room, she slipped away as they fought, and went to the direct upper level to see how the crew was taking it. She, of course, had a minimal idea beforehand. I thought he had told the crew

You know we'll have to work together, no? Lakhar asked the Asari he'd be riding with. I don't want to get you killed, and most of all, i don't want it to be the other way around.

Reactions: SilentxChaos
"Indeed, my friend," Tantius replied with amusement after he finished addressing the crew. Doubtless he'd have to deal disgruntled messages for the next few days as his crew adjusted to their new mission parameters- but this was his ship. A turian- captained vessel. If any troubles continued to run after the first three days, he'd relegate them right to the training arenas located in his ship's docking bay.

Tantius clapsed Dru's arm. "I'm glad to have you aboard, especially for this mission. I just hope we'll have more use of your engineering skills than...physical prowess," Tantius patted his shoulder than walked to the pilot's alcove, standing at his sister's back and lost in thought.

Filipe nearly jumped when Colev spoke, not having heard her approach. He clutched his chest dramatically and let out a relieved sighed. "Colev! Don't scare me like that, you know I never see you coming," He immediately returned to his half-cocked smile, looking back into the hallway even though it had mostly cleared out as everyone went to their stations. "But I know what you mean. Hey, you were there at the captain's debrief, right? Why don't you pull up a chair and tell me all about it?" He waggled his eyebrows mischieviously.

Meanwhile, Ja'thavi glanced briefly at Lahkar, and sniffed. "Listen, as long as you're not fucking stupid enough to get in the way of my shotgun blast, we'll get along swimmingly. As far as this operation goes all I care about is getting it over with as soon as possible, and getting home in one piece just as quickly."

You want to say i can't eat some limbs in the way? Come on! You're always messing up with someone. Or those two new crewmen will. he said in a grim joke that didn't sound really, like a joke. I'm happy to be in this mission... Or out of a cage for the matter. Take care of my little baby, both of you! Ok, i'm going to make a visit to the new ones. I'm curious... how does asari meat tastes? Inky?

Why a chair, darling. She asked and sat on his lap. AH! It was histerical! the Asari is angry with her life, the Krogan has to babysit the girl. And none of them want to come. She said looking at him from below How was your day, sweetie?

You worked for Aria, you know what kind of person gets through the end and merelly lives, and what kind of people takes all they can from every situation. I want to be the last kind, but we'll have to be together. So i need you to be the last kind, too. Would you work together with me for that? Or are we having a problem?

Last edited:
Ja'thavi, moving on to reloading her thermal clips, slowed down and eyed the krogan more critically. She scratched her scaled head and scoffed. "Alright, you've got my attention turtle. I won't cause you problems... but a partnership calls for similar goals. So what the fuck do you want Lahkar?" The asari's eyes glowered and pierced him. Depending on the krogan's answer, could shift the parameters of her own goals and mission. I doubt you're undyingly loyal to the Council, Urdnot Lahkar. the thought made her want to smirk, but she checked the emotion and left her face impassive as she waited for Lahkar's reply.

In the doctor's office, Filipe grinned at Colev and leaned back in the the swivel chair. He wasn't particularly attracted to salarians, or any aliens- except the asari. But who doesn't love asari?- regrettably, but he was constantly tempted to make an exception for the ship's leading xenobiologist. She was truly, the only person who knew how to have fun; a concept near foreign on a turian ran ship despite their easy going captain. And she knew how to keep an open mind in medical debates. "Well, looks like I missed out on a fabulous convention," Filipe grinned as he folded his arms behind his head, "that asari looked like a spectre- one of those "kills without mercy" types. Why would they put someone like her on an exploration mission? And why place only one krogan on a mission that's meant to spearhead the beginnings of peaceful expansion between the krogan and the Council? Why keep this hush-hush?" Filipe's smile slipped into a frown. "I don't suppose your secret meeting brought anything to light?"

Ah, business. Sorry, if there's any spies. He got his omni tool and opened a redundant shock of data that burned off any security cameras and mics, so that they wouldn't be heard. Ok then. I'm a man of great ambitions, so i want a planet of my own. I want to create an uthopy to fix everything that's not right in the galaxy. First beyond the Terminus Systems... and then on the Terminus Systems. I know this mission is my best chance to spot the place and get the support from any number of planets and organizations, and with that, i can start the colony and make it a great place. I'm young still, so there's time to make this happen. I need you to be part of this, i can do my shit if i don't have your help, but i think it'd be better to work with you. I need a partner like you in this. So...
You in?
THe Kroggan said. Clearly, he was not against the Council, but he wasn't with them either. He wouldn't fuck with them, but he wouldn't let them get any further either.

Colev curled around his neck. She liked hot blooded aliens, since they always where warm and so full of life. You need to look inside of people without needing to open them. She's faking! Some tragic history of bullshitty abandon or something like that and she tries to get all hardy and resilient to protect herself. Come on! She said. In the other hand, why she in this mission? they wanted her off for some time, i'm sure she did something wrong. And the guy? They must have thinked kroggan are too violent to have more than one... or they didn't want to colonize for them at all in fact.

"What's in it for me?" Ja'thavi posed. She grudgingly respected the krogan's ambition and tenacity, but what use did a krogan-ruled planet do her? Leaning forward, the asari took out a carton box from her pouch and dislodged a cigarette. She took it between her teeth and lit it. Her face settled on a careful mask behind a trail of smoke curling to the ceiling. Her eyes glinted, though, shining a moment of cunning and malice and she folded her arms while regarding Lahkar coolly. "I hope you're not going to offer money. You should know how...comfy the Council makes Spectres. Seeing as you're the hired babysitter," she smirked.

Filipe sat up. His eyes flicked over Colev as he considered what she said. "So, what, the Council sending us on a suicide run to get rid of the krogan?" He half laughed, playing it off as a joke, but a part wondered at deadly what if's.

Lakhar smirked and laughed jajajj no, i'm ambitious and i need ambition by my side. Aria told me both things of you: that you were ambitious, but that you were also loyal. I offer you to work side by side with me and command my armies to the conquest of new worlds. Any worlds we conquer, one half you want, you can have as your own. Only i want to direct all of then from a political nature, and have a way to ensure your loyalty. You agree?

It's the other way around: this is a run for the council and their investments, but they're here so they're out of the way and so that they make this look legit.

Worlds and an army at my command, huh? The thought curled a cruel smile over Ja'thavi's face. She truly had no idea what she'd do with an army of krogan probably only half loyal to her and planets of her own, but certainly it was a resource to be exploited. Hell maybe I'll even find someone who matches me in a fight. She blew out smoke from her nose and gave Lahkar a curt nod. "Fine then. You got yourself a pact, Urdnot Lahkar. Best we not double cross each other eh?"

Filipe settled back into his chair. "Well, as long as we get home in one piece, guess it doesn't matter much now?" He scrutinized Colev. "Don't you have tests to do or a poor space monkey to experiment on?"

Meanwhile, as Nytine directed Moebius to the mass relay, she frowned at her consoles. Double checking the coordinates through the ship's low grade AI, she confirmed their accurate input. But their engines were propelling them three units. Annoyed and about to berate their Chief Engineer, she touched the panel. the screen refreshed and corrected itself. Her mandibles clicked.

"Something wrong?" Tantius glanced at her, sensing his sibling's unease.

"No, sir," Nytine replied, adding under her breath, "not yet at least."

The fuck i said, Blueberrie? I need people loyal to me. If i am to ask for loyalty, i have to be loyal to my people. We're a team now, ok? he said, giving a hand out. You better not double cross me either. he looked at her in the eye, knowing that either of them could now try to open the other's head with biotics. Fuck, i'm not the best biotic and fucking commandos kick as with their minds he thought.
Let's get some ryncol and get wasted over this. he proposed

Phil! I'm such a poor lady in distress, trapped in a dark ship of warriors when i'm simply a scholar! How can you tell something so horrible to me!? Colev said with a playful display of dramatic habilities. Oh, you're too kind to think me so. I'm working, learning about humans. What could you show me?

"Now you're talking some sense, turtle," Ja'thavi grinned, evidently forgetting her transgressions the night before and her hangover this morning. Rummaging through her bags, she pulled out two plastic cups and offered him one. Her eyes never left his. I'll be keeping my eyes on you, she thought and smirked, your ambition is admirable...but I wouldn't be stupid enough to recommend you for Spectre status if you're plans come to fruition. Suits me. You were the Council's top candidate.

"A toast?" Ja'thavi asked, shaking the glasses at him. "Please tell me you have ryncol."

Up above, Filipe spun his chair with Colev on his lap and thought. "Studying humans huh? Well we are fascinating," he winked at her then slowed down the spinning. "Certainly lots of things I could show you. What are you interested in?"

I don't know if tour ancestros have all been kroggan, Ryncol will kill you like it's shattered glass. He said, since no race have been found to be able to withstand ryncol.
I got ice brandy. Suits you. He said with a smile as he poured some of the blues líquido on her glass.
To Víctory, and to the start of all ends.

Well, biology would be SUCH a cliché. Tell me of your ways to enjoy yourselves. Colev was interested on his info: he could have lots of secrets from people on the Doc-Patient basis, and that she could use since the Spectre and her subject were the warring sort.

Ja'thavi lifted her cup in a silent toast before tossing her head back and draining the glass in one gulp. She sighed contentedly, belched, and lifted her cup up. "You know, my mother was krogan. So after we finish this brandy, let's see which one can last longer with the ryncol eh?"

"Ways to enjoy ourselves?" Filipe echoed and pulled at his chin, "Really- what's not a way is more the question? I think humans are the smartest at creative laziness and passing the time," he chuckled. "Let's see...for me, personally, chess is always pleasant. Books. Charts of alien anatomy. Sex. Though I'm really only a one-race kind of guy- no offense," he winked at Colev, "really though I have to ask what salarians do for enjoyment? Do you guys even know the meaning of the word with, you know, your short lifespans?"

He leaned forward to check his datapad, noting the most recent notification that Nytine had entered the Citadel's mass relay and- whether they liked it or not- they were on their journey. Filipe sighed. Please God, let this trip be swift and as easy as a one-night stand.

I don't like those jokes. No clan would let a female go away and we know their offsprings would always be Asari. I insist, Asari, no mather the heritage, will die with ryncol. Lakhar said with a serious tone.

Creative Lazyness- Sounds fun! Colev said with a smile. Alien anatomy? really? That sounds terrible. Find a real hobby! She scowled him with a laugh. Come on! SAlarian have no physical intimacy. I just like you to feel how you get on the defensive.
Colev thought for a moment and then answered We usually do different things to keep ourselves busy, but i thing our short lifespans have molded our ways of fn into games and activities we do for both enjoyment and building. I mean, it's like chess. It's a game, but it helps you learn concentration, strategy... we do everything with a double intention. We have this things called Satragy, you humans have something called Role Playing games (not sexy). Basiclly, we try to make our hours another life. You could be surprised how one can live several lifes more or less long and complex in just one lifetime.

"Buzzkill-" Ja'thavi began to snap when suddenly, the ship lurched.

"Lieutenant!" Captain Tantius snapped at his sister on the bridge. "What happened?"

Around him, his crew pulled themselves from the floor and righted in their seats as Moebius whined and floated free from the mass relay transit. The disruption had been completely unexpected- Tantius only had Nytine's sharp inhale before his ship jerked frighteningly fast. Chatter broke out as people rushed to determine the state of crew and ship. Nytine reached to the floor and grabbed her eyepatch, calm and collected in the sudden chaos. She replaced it over her eye, then tapped her screens.

"Sir, it appears Moebius has dropped us from our transit. Engines offline. Unable to restart them... no indication of what knocked us out of the corridor, sir."

Tantius frowned. "A ship just doesn't just drop from transit, Lieutenant."

"Then perhaps you should speak to the chief engineer," was the the cool reply.

Sighing, he clicked on his comm channel, returning to his captain's station. "Doctor Battagalia. Are you there?"

"Ugh, yes Tanti- sir, I mean. Colev get off please- you're crushing my pancreas."

"If it's not too much trouble doctor, I'd appreciate if you checked on the crew to ensure everyone is in one piece?"

"Sure thing- ow!"

Shaking his head, Tantius switched channels. "Spectre Ja'th-"

"-I fucking swear, who ever did this I'll rip their spine out and beat them to a bloody pulp with it!"

"Er, Urdnot Lahkar, would you mind taking yourself and Miss Ja'thavi and see if you can find signs of foul play? It appears our ship has mysteriously dropped from transit."

"What?" Ja'thavi's voice crackled through. Tantius could imagine biotic shields flaring around the ill-tempered asari. "A ship just doesn't do that, Captain."

"Really? I didn't know," he said drily.

There was a pause, then, "We'll start from this floor and work our way up. Can you take care of the top to bottom search?"

"Of course, Spectre."

"Good. Anything suspicous, lock it down. Even if it's a crew mate you've known since birth and fucked twice."

"This isn't my first time experiencing foul play," Tantius replied as he gestured to two of his monitoring guards and together they headed off the bridge.

The captain Comm link opened again, from the engine room Sir! We got a rat. Informed the Chief Ingeneer Dru. I followed a saboteur who break some relays on the mass effect core. Nothing major, but the saboteur ran through some ducts y couldn't follow due to my size. I'm sending you the coordinates of the ducst, hopefully you can track him down. Dru said, sending in fact the coordinates of a little passage (not more than a rack to weld the conduits of the mass effect core). A hole was cutted on it, and the rest fo the passage led to a ventilation duct over main deck, from where the intruder could have had enough room to move anywhere.

Let's move to the cargo bay and work our way up from there. Said the Kroggan after ending the ryncol bottle and taking the shotgun. I hope your headache is better, the shots could get pretty nasty if i found it...

Colev went down and looked around. Where did it came from?

"Thank you, Chief. Go down Malek," Tantius ordered as he thought rapidly.

"Sir," the green scaled salarian, and pushed the down button.

Nytine's voice crackled through his channel, which he automatically linked to Dru, Ja'thavi, Lahkar and the doctors. "Tantius, I have bad news. We're stranded in a hot spot. Pirate space. If we don't get moving fast, we could be attacked."

"Great. Why don't we add a giant black hole to our problems?"

"Well Tantius-"

"Don't, Nyt. Dru do what you have to to get my ship operational even if it means whipping the crew to move faster. Ja'thavi we're heading to the engineer deck. Upload the ducts and follow them from your level."

"Got it," Ja'thavi said.

"Good," Tantius paused for a moment as the elevator doors opened. His guards stepped out first and swept the hall. Engineers rushed past them, not even noticing rifles pointed towards them in their haste to fix the mass effect core. Tantius, too ignored them, and instead looked up at the elevator ceiling. He reached up and unlatched the hatch that opened to the elevator shaft cutting through the ship's interior. He tapped his comm again.

"Colev. I'm correct in saying you have combat skills? And small enough to, say, fit through a ship's ducts?"

We'll be moving in relativist speeds in 2 minutes, full speed in 5. Reassured the hulking bulk moving motors and parts bare handed to try and get the ship moving. It was just a matter of change the parts, but they had just a limited amount of spare parts and it was a big, difficult part to use.

I can follow him, sir. Do i neutralize him? Colev asked as she moved to the engine room, where she was heading in any case to examine whatever could be left behind of the attack.

Both partners got down to the cargo bay and started registering for any other bomb, failure or whatever strange movements through the crew they could detect.

"If by neutralize you mean captured and only a little worse for wear- then yes, doctor," Tantius waved his guards to the left and checked the map of his ship through his omni-tool. "Ja'thavi and Lahkar, my team is directly above yours."

"Should that fucking matter?" the asari retorted as she and the krogan came across one of the few large metal containers in the cargo bay, large enough to hold a humanoid being inside. She quickly trotted to the keypad and took off its panel with a small biotic pull. Placing her weapon to one side, she tugged the wires and said, "I'm going to short wire this container to check no one's hiding in here. Think you can handle anything that might fly out turtle?"

"Guys, can't we all get along in the pirate infested space?" Filipe said, feeling left out of the other's chatter. As Colev left, he took the elevator to the bridge to check on any wounded.

The doors opened- and he froze. The bridge crew had stopped completely their mad haste to bring the ship back to power and were staring between their pilot and her magnified bridge screen revealing a small pirate fleet just beyond a distant moon. He walked up cautiously to Nytine's chair, his stomach dropping at the sight.

"I'm sorry I said anything," he swallowed nervously.

Nytine shot a glare from her one good eye then looked at her co-pilot. "Shut her down."

"But- ma'am-"

"Just do it!" she hissed then flipped on a system-wide comm, "Bridge to Moebius, this is your pilot speaking. Shut all systems down. I repeat, all systems except for life support. Keep gravity at a minimal. A pirate fleet has been spotted and is heading in our direction. ETA one minute. All hands to battle stations but do not bring anything online. We need to stay dark as long as possible."

She ended her message, forgetting to sign off, her mind still fixated on their stacking problems. Filipe stared at the approaching enemy with both hands gripping the back of the pilot seat. "They might pass over us, right? That's why you're shutting all systems down?"

"No," Nytine checked her harness, "our heat signature will be too high for them to believe we're nothing but derelict. It will confuse them and buy our chief engineer time to repair the ship for a quick escape."

"Oh. And here, I thought, I was beginning years of boring space exploration that would result in no more than initial sickness of landing on some rodent infested planet. Do you know I've never actually been in a space battle before?"

"Well. Today might be your lucky day, doctor."

"Oh jeez, thank- why are you smiling? That's creepy Nytine, stop smiling."

No fun Colev answered, but without using the intercom. She went throught the tiny space through where the saboteur had already slipped and ran in the direction of the main vents, from where she supposed the misterious passenger had come. Curious enough, a pirate fleet was comming their way. You work for pirates, kitty? she asked, amused on the situation of being the chaser.

Bring it on, we get this level cleared and then to battle stations. Lakhar said rising his enormus shotgun at the opening.

Dru replaced the damaged parts and ran the compatibility tests just to be sure 80 seconds to be back at full capacity he anounced. They would need a little more time to heat the motors and get to top speed, but they were now able to move

"That's too long," Nytine breathed. She could the pirate fleet now through the cockpit's windows. They were slowing down. They'd picked up Moebius and her failing heat signatures. Was she damaged? An easy target? Or a trap? She imagined those thoughts going through their heads but action would they chose? Surround them and take out their guns before boarding? Or could they pick up the crew's life signatures and target their life support? Damn it, why didn't I think of-

"Nytine," Tantius spoke over their comm.

She breathed. "Yes, Captain."

"Have the crew ready the starboard guns. Wait as long as possible after they come in range before diverting all necessary to those guns and fire while bringing the engines online at normal rate. I'm coming back to the bridge; my guards will continue patrolling."

"Sir, won't we risk overheating our weapons with that much power surge?" Nytine asked even as she began falling through Tantius's orders.

"Well, we can't escape the pirates yet and we need to defend ourselves. Moebius is a fully armed frigate of the Citadel. Hopefully it'll give them some hesitation before firing back on us. But should buy Dru enough time to fix the ship and we can make leave. Dru- you have 50 seconds to complete repairs."

"He may have less than that!" Ja'thavi cut in it.

She and Lahkar stood in front of the open canister. Her hand pushed his weapon down- a split reflex when she short wired the canister to unlock and immediately recognized a ping of a trap being activated. The canister opened- and revealed a bomb. She glanced at Lahkar. "How much time you think we have till we're toast?"

Status
Not open for further replies.