Modern Magic (Dammit Max and Blooming Bismuth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klaus cleaned up a bit around the kitchen and living room before calling it a night. He walked down the hall to his bedroom, stripping and changing into something more comfortable to sleep in. Crawling into bed he burrowed deep under the covers, Penny came padding into the room, jumping up to join Klaus. He smiled and scratched the cat behind her ear then allowed her to curl up beside him. It wasn't long before both witch and cat were snoozing happily.

By morning, the messy haired boy had to literally roll out of bed to wake him up. Watching as his Familiar hurried along side, he simply brewed some tea before wrapping himself up tight in layers of both cute and sensible clothing. Making sure Celeste was comfortable from the cold under some blankets, he hurried from the apartment to the book store below. "Hmph. I knew the storm would hit hard."

It was quite late when Klaus finally pulled himself out of bed, sometime around noon. He had always cursed himself for his habit of sleeping late when he had no where else to be. While it felt nice to be able to stay in bed, he knew it wasn't a good habit to make. Penny followed him out of his room, he started on a fresh pot of coffee and put out food for his furry friend while it brewed.

With bags under his eyes and his hand gripping his own coffee, there were times when he slid under the desk to sleep... only to pop back up at the sound of the bell. He'd instantly return to his attempt at sleeping, until the next costumer arrivec

After his first cup of coffee Klaus had woken up enough to start on cooking food, rummaging through the cabinets, there were some soup cans, a couple boxed of mac n' cheese, and a few ramen packages. He knew besides some lunch meat and milk there wasn't much in the fridge either. Sighing he grabbed one of the boxes of mac n' cheese and pulled out a small pot, getting to work.

"Are you bored out of your mind too?" Came a sudden text from Mordecai, holding his cheek in his hand. "Honestly, no one is at the shop. Who would be? The storm is too violent. Would I be needy sounding if I asked for you to come over? My neighbor gave me some donuts, and there's a coffee machine in the break room." Waiting patiently for the response, he watched as a costumer wandered in and checked around- probably for some light reading on the bus or whatnot.

Klaus was halfway through his bowl of mac n' cheese when his phone buzzed, unlocking it he read through the message and smiled. "Sure, I'm in the middle of eating breakfast, I'll head over when I'm done." setting his phone aside he rushed through the rest of his bowl and took it over to the sink to rinse it out. Changing into warm clothes and grabbing a coat he gave a small goodbye to Penny who was asleep on the couch and headed out the door. The store was just across the street so it took only a couple of minutes before he was inside.

Once again had the clerk slipped under the desk, only emerging to peak up, expecting his new friend. When he spotted the other, he immediately grinned and stood to his full height. "A-Ah, hey! Thank god you're here, it's so boring when it snows. No one ever wants to go out, so we're sort of left with one or two costumers tops. I'm not taking any time away from anything important, right? I would feel awful if that was the case..."

Klaus shook his head "No, nothing important. My only big plans for today was maybe getting some groceries." he said and smiled walking over to the desk. He looked around the empty store "Yeah I can see it must be pretty boring with no one coming in. Has anyone come in yet today?" he asked curiously.

"A total of two people." He replied, huffing. "Seriously, come sit in the desk! There's two chairs, and my boss won't mind." As he spoke, he opened the small, rather hidden door that opened for the workers to climb into the desk. Patting the one chair, he gave a wide grin as he too sat down. "Hey, you can read a lot in here. You seem like the type of person to read a lot."

Klaus walked through the small little doorway and sat in the empty chair. "A little bit, I go through periods of time when all I want to do is read and then there are times when I don't pick up an actual book in months." he said shrugging off his coat "Got any recommendations?"

"Depends on the subject. I personally don't read much fiction, so I can't help you there~! I myself have been reading a lot of books on herbs and Tarot since I'm literally absolute trash at Tarot, but I REALLY wanna start doing commissions for people and to get some extra money. This job is nice, but it's not paying too well...."

Klaus nodded "Yeah all the job offers I've found are really underpaid, I'm still hopefully to maybe find something else soon but that doesn't look it's going to happen." he said sighing. He could easily persuade the employer with a wave of his hand and a little magic but that didn't seem very fair.

"You know, you're so interesting!" He gushed, his cheeks growing a rosy red as he watched the other speak. "Like, everything about you. You're cute, you're smart... I'm glad to have met such a rad person~!"

Klaus's face went a bit red, he wasn't quite used to getting a lot of compliments "Uh, thanks," he said smiling, a tad bit embarrassed "You're pretty cool too." he added, scratching the back of his head. "By the way if you ever want help with Tarot cards, my sister is pretty good with them, I'm sure she'd be happy to give some tips."

"Really? Thank god, I'm awful." He groaned, tugging his fluffy sweater tighter around himself. "Want a donut by the way? If you don't, I'll eat 'em all~!"

"I'll have one." Klaus said, he wasn't too hungry at the moment since he had just eaten at home "What kinds do you have?" he asked, he was fine with any doughnut as long as it had chocolate. He was a sucker when it came to sweets, especially chocolate.

He let out a shrug, giggling as he tugged out the box of fresh donuts from the shelf hidden under the desk. "Take any you want, yo! We can split them in half, we each get three, hm? " Once setting the box down, he moved to tug out a blanket from seemingly nowhere and placed it down on the floor to sit. "Sometimes I just camp out here, you know? On days like this."

Klaus grinned happily taking a chocolate frosted doughnut and taking a bite. "Do you just take a nap or something?" he asked after swallowing his mouthful. "My boss at my old job would have killed me if he caught me napping on the job, even if there was no appointments that day."

"Yeah, sometimes. I can't sleep well at night, so I just sleep here on days like this. I wake up whwn u hear the bell of course, since I'm a light sleeper, but it's nice to catch up on some z's."

Status
Not open for further replies.