Modern Magic (Dammit Max and Blooming Bismuth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klaus walked up the stone pathway up to his front door, quickly unlocking it and letting himself in. He started to go around the place and closed up all the windows, as per usual Claudia was out. Taking the opportunity he went into her room and collected all the critters he could find, and let them out the back door. Not to many this time, a few field mice, a garden snake, and a duck. Closing and locking the back door he walked into the living room and started to look through the titles of books on his shelves, time to work on the basement.

As a storm hit the city hard, just as Mordecai predicted, the boy had nothing to do. Yes, he could work on his magic... But he wanted to speak to someone. It was in his extroverted nature to do so, after all! Sending a short "hey!" to the number he earned, he waited patiently for a response as him and Celeste the rat cuddled under blankets upon blankets around them

Klaus was currently in his dimly lit and damp basement with a book in one hand and a scowl on his face. For the past half and hour he'd been working on sealing the large cracks in the walls, ceiling, and floor after finally find the right spell. He paused when he felt his cell phone vibrate in his pocket, pulling it out he stared at the unknown number in slight confusion then remembered giving his number to Mordecai in the shop. Unlocking his phone he quickly went to add the number to his contacts, then replied with a "Hi! What's up?" then shoved the phone back in his pocket to continue working.

"Absolutely bored out of my mind. Seriously, the snow is messing with my lights and I don't want to use my special candles for something silly as lighting D: Luckily I've got my cellphone and a flashlight, but I don't have a good feeling about this storm. Are you inside? Keep warm~!" Added to the text were an assortment of somewhat over the top emojis, though it was typical for the boy. He liked to cheer up any situation, including a simple text.

Klaus paused in his work to read the text, laughing lightly at all the little emojis spread throughout. "Just trying to seal some cracks in my basement, finally found the right stuff to fix them. The news said the storm should last for the rest of the night, could still be going on in the morning." putting away his phone he looked around the basement, all the large cracks were finished and sealed, now it was time to go around and seal up the smaller ones. He thought maybe of putting up some drywall for the walls and ceiling, maybe nice carpeting over the cold floor. Klaus wasn't much of a fixer-uper but he had a couple of friends that could help him out.

"Get out of the basement, silly! The storm is for SNOW, not for tornados! You should be under some blankets with a nice cup of cocoa, not holding some cement or spackle or whatever. Jeez! Grab a stuffed animal and sleep." He scolded, his babbling voice somehow making into his texts as well before sending a rather angry emoji for emphasis

Klaus laughed a bit at the childishly angry text "If I don't seal the cracks now when the snow melts my basement will be flooded. Again." he hit send and continued on. He'd probably stay down for another half hour before going upstairs to fix himself a bit of something to eat. While working he started to wonder if he did have anything to eat in the house, he was pretty sure there was stuff to make a sandwich, maybe some soup. Klaus quickly made a mental note to got grocery shopping soon.

"Cant you just wave a magic wand around and fix it? That's what I would do." He wrote, trying t o file it as a joke with an assortment of those odd emojis... in reality, he was genuinely curious. Not many people went to metaphysical shops. Only hippies, and of course witches...

Klaus eyed the text, wondering what to reply with. He had a feeling that Mordecai was also a witch, but even in this day of age you had to be careful. The red head decided to take a chance "Apparently you have to wave it once for each individual crack. A bit draining, I need to look into finding a more updated home improvement spell book." he figured he could easily say he was trying to make a joke just in case.

"...Did you get it at Mortimers Books?" He texted, an exclusive book store for magic users often disguised as a simple book store. Every witch in town had at leas yt? One book bought from the store, after all.

Klaus gave a quick sigh of relief texting back "Yeah, the were sold out of the newer edition so I settled with getting the older one. Maybe they have more in stock now." he looked around the basement, he couldn't see any other cracks and was at this point to tired to care if there were. Turning off the light he trudged back upstairs and set his book on the coffee table and walked over to the kitchen to start on some food.

"I suggest 'The Grimoire for Household Magick.' I used it to fix a lot of things :0 I'm surprised you're a magic user! You woulda fooled me!"

"Both my sister and are practice it. I worry about her though, she tends to be a bit obvious in public." Klaus waved his hand his sandwich supplies started to pull themselves out and assemble into a tasty turkey sandwich. He felt he should call his sister and see if she was someplace safe during the storm, but knowing her she probably hasn't charged her phone in the past week. She was a bit of a technophobe.

"I know that we're suppose to hide for our own safety and all, bit I wanna show the world how amazing and cool me and the other's are! ʕ •̀ o •́ ʔ" He texted back, using said magic to - reluctantly- use a few candles when the lights went out. "I mean, I just lit some candles from the other room. That's pretty flipping cool, I think. It should be celebrated!"

"I'm currently using magic to make myself a sandwich, I'm sure many college kids would like that ability." Klaus couldn't help but chuckled to himself. Putting his phone away he picked up his sandwich and took a bite while the leftover ingredients put themselves away, floating throughout the small kitchen. Content he went over to the living room and made himself comfortable on the couch.

"I wish you told me you were a witch! Seriously, I would be more open with you...,can I hang out with you some time? Discuss your books and spells?"

"Sure! Whenever you're free from work I should be free, no job and all that." Klaus felt himself grinning like and idiot with butterflies in his stomach. It had been a while since he had made a new friend, usually he just met people through his sister or already existing friends. Making one on his own felt a bit special.

"Rad :0 I would really like to spend more time with you, evidently. You're cute and smart~ I like those qualities in people."

Klaus's face flushed a red nearly as dark as his hair when he read the word 'cute'. He sat there for a minute not really knowing how to respond, eventually replying with "You're pretty fun yourself!" and took a bite of his sandwich feeling like he sounded like and idiot no matter what he put.

Whej no reply followed for awhile, Mordecai had two theories- either he creeped the boy out, or he made him so flustered that he couldn't reply. Hoping it was the latter, he smiled when his phone let out it's familiar ding. With the lights out and the candles burning into the kmnight, he was oblivious to the raging storm. It was only when the clock showed midnight that he had to stop replying to the other. It was late, but he wanted to still talk... sadly, sleep was sort of necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.