Modern Fantasy OOC and Things

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Salt Lord

Original poster

• You live in a world similar to our own: great, sprawling cities with buildings at every corner, and an abundance of people and technology. When you don't count the common dragon attack, life seems pretty-- wait a sec! Did I say dragon attack? YES! This is modern fantasy! Modern means cities and jobs and relationships and cars, and fantasy means spells and magical creatures! Combined, it means magical creatures getting run over by spells!

The focus of this action is the massive city of Atlas, where magical creatures get ran over the most!

In case you haven't already guessed, the term "normal life" has a different meaning here. Driving to your job is horrible not because of bad traffic, but because of the daily magical fights between monster hunters and their prey or the monsters themselves. Wanna get to your destination faster and travel on foot? You might get caught in the crossfire.

But it isn't all so bad. You still have your phones and your handguns, and on top of that, you can shoot electricity out of your fingers or make things appear with a hand motion or a word... or two.

Still not impressed? Every year, the sky colosseum in the center of Atlas--the Citadel--is opened for the Grand Atlas Tournament. Exactly what it sounds like, the tournament allows contestants of any species to fight each other. Not to the death, of course, but all kinds of magic and all kinds of tactics may be used to win.

The victor of every round against every one of his or her opponents receives a device that grants one wish. As long as the wish isn't for more wishes or the death of every living being or omnipotence and stuff like that, you can wish for anything.

Strive to be the strongest and reach for the stars! Or, if you wanna be boring about it, live like a modern peasant and get a girlfriend and all that.

1. All strengths must be balanced with weaknesses!
    2. Magic is not limited to alchemy and all that boring D&D stuff! Throw in a bit of bullet dodging or pistol summoning here and there!
    3. If you only have a line to post, post it anyway! I won't force you to write an essay or a book. As long as it has an opening for others to respond, I won't get angry!
    4. While I don't mind one liners, I do mind bad grammar. If your native language is English, I expect you to use it properly. "hey bby do u wna go out w/ me" is NOT proper English. A few typos here and there are okay, but NO text speaking or whatever.
    5. Keep all sexual content in PMs!
    6. All Iwaku rules apply
    7. Most importantly: three strikes and you're out!

If you read these, put "Walpurgisnacht" at the end of your CS!

• Character Sheet

Appearance(image. As long as it isn't a real life picture, I don't mind the artstyle.)

Name

Species

Magic Ability

Relationship (if any)

Profession

Extra Information

Last edited by a moderator:
character sheet layout?

Reactions: Salt Lord
The star has been replaced with a CS Layout. I don't want anyone to put their character's personality or backstory in it, because the backstory won't matter too much, and I'd like people to show how their characters act rather than tell.

char_109756.jpg
Name
Itsuki Kayuki

Species
human
Magic Ability
Hammer Summoning, where she summons a nearly impossible to destroy hammer, in the possibility it is destroyed it is able to re-forged. Impact magic the more it hits something, no matter what it is with, the impact of the hit will increase each time it hits it's target, costing the user stamina and magic at the same time, so you wanna be on a full stomach when you use this. Overload, where her magical reserves implode creating an unlimited magic source which can only be used for 5 minutes due to how much stamina it burns through in the process.
Relationship (if any)
She isn't currently in a relationship of any sort
(is open if anyone wants)
Profession
She currently works at the maid cafe near the stadium as a waitress. Her uniform is usually shorter than the others as they use her for eye candy.
Extra Information

"Walpurgisnacht"

Last edited:
I will have my char up either tomorrow or saturday night^^

c9e1fbe3ffb805968282db5b97a70eeb.jpg

Name:
Carter King

Species:
Human

Magic Ability: He has the ability to shapeshift into any animal, monster, or mythical creature. It might sound like a really great ability and it is, but it does have it's limitations. Though he can transform into just about any creature on this earth, he can't transform or shapeshift into another person. Also, when he shapeshifts, the process for turning from a human to an animal is a little painful, and because of this, it does tire him out to the point where he can no longer shapeshift and he can't just transform into a million different types of creatures on the spot. He has limited himself to shapeshifting into 3 different types of creatures during a battle, which is the total amount of times he can shapeshift without being too tired to fight. If there is ever a situation where he becomes too tired out to shapeshift, his last defense is an obsidian black sword, which contains no magical powers what so ever, but it is very sturdy and very sharp. And though he has limitations to his ability, whether he is fighting as another species or just with his sword, he is a brave and fearless fighter.

(Also, this tattoo gives him the power to shapeshift, will be revealed in the rp how he got it)
animal-eye-and-paw-tattoo-design.jpg

(Here is what his sword looks like)
43c5ff6ec6f95be368c4ded4e62d37c9.jpg

Relationship:
Not any yet

Profession:
Tattoo artist

Extra Information:
His favorite creatures to shapeshift into:

3815434dccf2964f83b7813182ea181a.jpg

1.) Eastern dragon
6b79a644da258b97a6da05e1a587b4f2.jpg

2.) Griffin
[BCOLOR=#000000]
e9c255d740de0b7b6906c2f03a53893a.jpg
[/BCOLOR]
3.) Black wolf

These are his favorite creatures to shapeshift as, but he sometimes likes to take the form of others as well

[fieldbox="Character Sheet, red, dotted"]
Appearance / In Armor
images

Name

Kra'al "Rath" Talosi

Male

Species

Human

Magic Ability

Change Is Good
Rath's ability allows him to physically adapt according to the situation. This allows him to achieve very fast speeds, lift a wyvern over his head, and not bat an eye against even the strongest of flames. Although, as powerful as it seems, he can only use these powers one at a time, and prolonged usage leads to the direct inversal of these effects.

Relationship (if any)
"Who needs girls when you have a job that has you slaying monsters the size of fifty-foot buildings? Although, I think I might go for someone as badass as me if the opportunity ever comes."

Profession
"Ain't it obvious that I'm a goddamn hunter?"

Extra Information
images

"Yup, that's right, thissy here's my weapon, I call it the Drakeslayer. It's an axe/greatsword hybrid or Switch-Axe, it measures 7 feet in length and is as light as a feather!

Well, not really, but it's lighter than most Switch-Axes out there. It's made from the scales of a Wyvern me and my dad slayed when I was still a greenhorn in the biz'. I've been using it ever since."

Extra Information

"Whats it like down there in Smallville?"
Rath is tall, he stands at about 6 feet 8 inches.

"Yeah, I don't like removing my armor. I feel naked without it."

Because of this, many people have not yet seen Rath's face.

"Walpurgisnacht? The seven hells is that?" [/fieldbox]​

Reactions: Duwang Chew

Name:
Carter King

Species:
Human

Magic Ability: He has the ability to shapeshift into any animal, monster, or mythical creature. It might sound like a really great ability and it is, but it does have it's limitations. Though he can transform into just about any creature on this earth, he can't transform or shapeshift into another person. Also, when he shapeshifts, the process for turning from a human to an animal is a little painful, and because of this, it does tire him out to the point where he can no longer shapeshift and he can't just transform into a million different types of creatures on the spot. He has limited himself to shapeshifting into 3 different types of creatures during a battle, which is the total amount of times he can shapeshift without being too tired to fight. If there is ever a situation where he becomes too tired out to shapeshift, his last defense is an obsidian black sword, which contains no magical powers what so ever, but it is very sturdy and very sharp. And though he has limitations to his ability, whether he is fighting as another species or just with his sword, he is a brave and fearless fighter.

(Also, this tattoo gives him the power to shapeshift, will be revealed in the rp how he got it)

Relationship:
Not any yet

Profession:
Tattoo artist

Extra Information:

1.) Eastern dragon

2.) Griffin
[BCOLOR=#000000]
[/BCOLOR]
3.) Black wolf

These are his favorite creatures to shapeshift as, but he sometimes likes to take the fo
Name
Kra'al "Rath" Talosi

Male

Species

Human

Magic Ability

Change Is Good
Rath's ability allows him to physically adapt according to the situation. This allows him to achieve very fast speeds, lift a wyvern over his head, and not bat an eye against even the strongest of flames. Although, as powerful as it seems, he can only use these powers one at a time, and prolonged usage leads to the direct inversal of these effects.

Relationship (if any)
"Who needs girls when you have a job that has you slaying monsters the size of fifty-foot buildings?

Profession
"Ain't it obvious that I'm a goddarn hunter?"

Extra Information
images

"Yup, that's right, thissy here's my weapon, I call it the Drakeslayer. It's an axe/greatsword hybrid or Switch-Axe, it measures 7 feet in length and is as light as a feather.

Well, not really, but it's lighter than most Switch-Axes out there. It's made from the scales of a Wyvern me and my dad slayed when I was still a greenhorn in the biz'. And I've been using it ever since!"

"Yeah, I don't like removing my armor. I feel naked without it."
You both are missing crucial parts of the CS. Read the rules.

Also, I'm afraid I'm going to be gone for the weekend. I promise that if enough people have finished their CSs by the time I get back, I'll have my CS put down and the IC will be up. :D

• Love
Reactions: Justin

Name:
Carter King

Species:
Human

Relationship:
Not any yet

Profession:
Tattoo artist

Extra Information:

1.) Eastern dragon

2.) Griffin
[BCOLOR=#000000]
[/BCOLOR]
3.) Black wolf

These are his favorite creatures to shapeshift as, but he sometimes likes to take the form of others as well
Oops, meant to put this at the end of my CS:
Walpurgisnacht

Emmeline Millicent

qzqhb8.jpg

Name
"Red is what I'm called by, by those whom I haven't introduced myself properly to. They seem content by the nickname they chose. Others, call me Ems. I don't mind being called either."

"Nineteen, but age doesn't matter, only skill."

"If you would take a second look, you will see that I'm female."
Due to the nicknames many call her by, as well as her short hair, Emmeline is often mistaken for a male. Having corrected many over and over again, she doesn't bother to do so anymore and simply waits for them to realize on their own.

Species
"Human, as many are."

Magic Ability
"Are you sure that what you see is truly part of reality?"
Emmeline could control what another sees and have them think that what is seen is a part of reality. Any experience will feel real, but have no actual physical effect - unless she uses her actual weapon. In other words, Emmeline's ability would be to create illusions, or rather, make her opponent see what she imagines in her mind. One requirement for her ability to succeed would be eye contact within the hour, otherwise her ability would not work. If she keeps an illusion for more than three minutes, she often has difficulty differentiating what is real and what is not - although it mostly depends on how long she used her ability. It's not something that she likes to use occasionally.

Relationship
"Relationships, whether platonic or romantic, aren't a priority for me. I will work with someone if necessary but beyond that, I find no need for companions."

Profession
"As I've said before, I'm a hunter. I've been so for the past seven years. The first four years with my father, and the past three alone. I prefer to make a name for myself rather than rely on my father's. So far, I think I'm doing quite well."

Extra Information
Emmeline's weapon is embedded with magic that allows it to change forms, although these are limited to only three, a scythe, a sword and a small cross - which she often keeps in that form for easier transportation. For a weapon she usually goes with the latter especially if she does not want to become too close to her target. She ended up calling her weapon 'Reaper', mostly because the scythe reminds her of a grim reaper's. "It was given to me by my father when I was young, he left me to face a monster on my own."

"Walpurgisnacht, is that some sort chant?"

I hope this is alright, if not then I could always edit/change it ^^

Edited after reading the rules, pretty clever way to make people read it, I might add.

This reminds me of that anime about a kid with magic eyes who got trapped in New York after it got merged with a demon world. Sounds fun.

demon_girl_render_by_chocodutch-d82wgdm.png

Name: Known only as Lady Death.

Age: Not known exactly, but estimated to be around 14.3 billion years old. She gained sentience around 12 billion years ago.
Gender: Technically, no gender, although decided to be female a few thousand years ago.

Species: Anthropomorphic law of nature

Magic Ability:
- If Death's bare hand touches someone's bare skin while she holds malicious intent, they will die instantly. This, unfortunately, only occurs when she touches people whose unavoidable fate was that they would die within 24 hours anyway. It has little use beyond euthanasia of terminally ill people.
- Death may absorb corpses to regenerate health and stamina. She also temporarily gains the abilities of that corpse, if any.
- Death may also convert corpses into small gemstones about the size of a marble. These have a much weaker regeneration effect, but she may still use them to temporarily gain abilities.
- Death cannot die. Even if her head is blown up in a very dramatic way, or she is incinerated and her ashes thrown to the wind, she would not die. She cannot regenerate alone, but if her ashes / soul comes into contact with a corpse, she can use it to regenerate.
- Death can possess corpses. If she does, her own body will merge with the possessed corpse. If the corpse is destroyed while possessed, she will resort to her normal form. Possessing a corpse does not allow her to regenerate her own body, and she cannot access her abilities while possessing a corpse (although she can access the corpse's abilities until she disposes of the corpse.
- Death can surpass normal physical limits. She is incredibly fast and incredibly strong, however, she is just as fragile as a normal human and using this speed and strength can result in tearing of muscles and breaking of bones. She cannot use physical weapons because she tends to crush them.
- Death can fire bolts of black electricity which do not damage, but generally weaken and sap strength from targets. If you get hit by a bolt, you'll find yourself moving slower, punching like a non-Death girl, and becoming exhausted more easily.

Relationship (if any): None

Profession: Death works at several part time jobs. During the evenings she is a waitress at a traditional Japanese-style restaurant across the street from the place where Itsuki is employed. She also works on the organising committee for the Grand Atlas Tournament, and she unofficially works with both the hunters and the police. She uses these positions mainly to add items to her collection of corpses-cum-gemstones.

Extra Information

I ain't puttin' Walpurgisnacht in me CS cuz me god'amn avatar is Walpurgisnacht.

Reactions: Duwang Chew
Emmeline Millicent

qzqhb8.jpg

Name
"Red is what I'm called by, by those whom I haven't introduced myself properly to. They seem content by the nickname they chose. Others, call me Ems. I don't mind being called either."

"Nineteen, but age doesn't matter, only skill."

"If you would take a second look, you will see that I'm female."
Due to the nicknames many call her by, as well as her short hair, Emmeline is often mistaken for a male. Having corrected many over and over again, she doesn't bother to do so anymore and simply waits for them to realize on their own.

Species
"Human, as many are."

Magic Ability
"Are you sure that what you see is truly part of reality?"
Emmeline could control what another sees and have them think that what is seen is a part of reality. Any experience will feel real, but have no actual physical effect - unless she uses her actual weapon. In other words, Emmeline's ability would be to create illusions, or rather, make her opponent see what she imagines in her mind. One requirement for her ability to succeed would be eye contact within the hour, otherwise her ability would not work. If she keeps an illusion for more than three minutes, she often has difficulty differentiating what is real and what is not - although it mostly depends on how long she used her ability. It's not something that she likes to use occasionally.

Relationship
"Relationships, whether platonic or romantic, aren't a priority for me. I will work with someone if necessary but beyond that, I find no need for companions."

Profession
"As I've said before, I'm a hunter. I've been so for the past seven years. The first four years with my father, and the past three alone. I prefer to make a name for myself rather than rely on my father's. So far, I think I'm doing quite well."

Extra Information
Emmeline's weapon is embedded with magic that allows it to change forms, although these are limited to only three, a scythe, a sword and a small cross - which she often keeps in that form for easier transportation. For a weapon she usually goes with the latter especially if she does not want to become too close to her target. She ended up calling her weapon 'Reaper', mostly because the scythe reminds her of a grim reaper's. "It was given to me by my father when I was young, he left me to face a monster on my own."

"Walpurgisnacht, is that some sort chant?"
She speaks rather eloquently for someone living in 2015. I don't know if there's some sort of reason for that, but accepted. Also, RUBY WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE
demon_girl_render_by_chocodutch-d82wgdm.png

Name: Known only as Lady Death.

Age: Not known exactly, but estimated to be around 14.3 billion years old. She gained sentience around 12 billion years ago.
Gender: Technically, no gender, although decided to be female a few thousand years ago.

Species: Anthropomorphic law of nature

Magic Ability:
- If Death's bare hand touches someone's bare skin while she holds malicious intent, they will die instantly. This, unfortunately, only occurs when she touches people whose unavoidable fate was that they would die within 24 hours anyway. It has little use beyond euthanasia of terminally ill people.
- Death may absorb corpses to regenerate health and stamina. She also temporarily gains the abilities of that corpse, if any.
- Death may also convert corpses into small gemstones about the size of a marble. These have a much weaker regeneration effect, but she may still use them to temporarily gain abilities.
- Death cannot die. Even if her head is blown up in a very dramatic way, or she is incinerated and her ashes thrown to the wind, she would not die. She cannot regenerate alone, but if her ashes / soul comes into contact with a corpse, she can use it to regenerate.
- Death can possess corpses. If she does, her own body will merge with the possessed corpse. If the corpse is destroyed while possessed, she will resort to her normal form. Possessing a corpse does not allow her to regenerate her own body, and she cannot access her abilities while possessing a corpse (although she can access the corpse's abilities until she disposes of the corpse.
- Death can surpass normal physical limits. She is incredibly fast and incredibly strong, however, she is just as fragile as a normal human and using this speed and strength can result in tearing of muscles and breaking of bones. She cannot use physical weapons because she tends to crush them.
- Death can fire bolts of black electricity which do not damage, but generally weaken and sap strength from targets. If you get hit by a bolt, you'll find yourself moving slower, punching like a non-Death girl, and becoming exhausted more easily.

Relationship (if any): None

Profession: Death works at several part time jobs. During the evenings she is a waitress at a traditional Japanese-style restaurant across the street from the place where Itsuki is employed. She also works on the organising committee for the Grand Atlas Tournament, and she unofficially works with both the hunters and the police. She uses these positions mainly to add items to her collection of corpses-cum-gemstones.

Extra Information

I ain't puttin' Walpurgisnacht in me CS cuz me god'amn avatar is Walpurgisnacht.
Accepted! :D

All I need is my character and I'll get on the IC!

homura_akemi_vector_by_hombre0-d4ccjbw.png

Aschen Glas

Species
Human

Magical Ability
homura_shield_vector_by_saioul-d3fixhc.png

Aschen can alter time through the use of her shield. Aside from that and an infinite storage unit, she really doesn't have much else other than bullet dodging and building jumping skills.
  • She can only either stop time or go back in it, the furthest being one month.​
  • Upon rewinding time, her shield's storage unit is reset depending on how far she goes. If she collects a rocket launcher one day and goes back before that day, she won't have the launcher anymore.​

Relationships
Madokura

Profession
Witch hunter

Extra Information
None

WALPURGISNACHT~

Sorry. I will have my char up wednesday hpefull.

homura_akemi_vector_by_hombre0-d4ccjbw.png

Aschen Glas

Species
Human

Magical Ability
homura_shield_vector_by_saioul-d3fixhc.png

Aschen can alter time through the use of her shield. Aside from that and an infinite storage unit, she really doesn't have much else other than bullet dodging and building jumping skills.
  • She can only either stop time or go back in it, the furthest being one month.​
  • Upon rewinding time, her shield's storage unit is reset depending on how far she goes. If she collects a rocket launcher one day and goes back before that day, she won't have the launcher anymore.​

Relationships
Madokura

Profession
Witch hunter

Extra Information
None

WALPURGISNACHT~

THEN I GUESS I'M NOT GONNA BE IN MY OWN GODDAMN ROLEPLAY.

One of you guys can take over. I'm not bothering with this anymore.

Also @Salt Lord Y'know Homura travels back 3 months, not 1 month, right? Also, it's more that she returns to the point where she's in the hospital bed than just going back 3 months cos her wish was wanting to redo her meeting Madoka.

Also @Salt Lord Y'know Homura travels back 3 months, not 1 month, right? Also, it's more that she returns to the point where she's in the hospital bed than just going back 3 months cos her wish was wanting to redo her meeting Madoka.
Aschen isn't supposed to be a carbon copy of Homura, though. :v I was going to use one of my drawings, but when I realized the thing I drew her on broke, I couldn't upload the picture. If I could, she'd have a whole different set of powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.