INTEREST CHECK Modern day people transported to Samurai Japan?!

I'm interested in this too.

I've dabbled a bit in Japanese, and studying the role of Geisha in various eras in Japanese history. So, YEA!
If you're still working thoughts up on this, I definitely have idea and various charrie concepts to NPC under your leadership. :D

Actually, I have a daimyo concept for the Tokugaze that I've developed for a story.

I'll work on the OOC some more. Would you like us to drop in on the Tokugaze at the start? The daimyo there can help our characters out.

Well, when I can I'll send you the ideas that I have and see if they will work with yours. I'll alter anything I have to accommodate for your story concept.

What I have designed is part of a novel concept, but the layout of the Tokugaze might be an interesting thing to play around with here. So, no biggy for me.

Okay, i'm a girl right? Well then, here's my character profile! (based on how she is before she gets sent to samurai Japan). What do you think? Is it ok? And yes, I'd like you to be a boy Bluepenguin.

Name: Naoki Kae
Nick name(s): Kiki, Nao.
Nationality: European
Likes: Being dramatic, breezes, loud music, being with friends, bears.
Dislikes: The heat, silence, the colour grey, liars, spicy food.
Hobbies: Singing, drama, planking.
Appearance:
16079771chara-kagura.jpg

Hey, I'm going have to pull from this RP concept. My long-term RP pal has invited me to another RP... So, since we're just conjoined at the hip, I have no other choice but to follow. LOL!

sorry guys!

Okay, i'm a girl right? Well then, here's my character profile! (based on how she is before she gets sent to samurai Japan). What do you think? Is it ok? And yes, I'd like you to be a boy Bluepenguin.

Name: Naoki Kae
Nick name(s): Kiki, Nao.
Age: (I have no clue how old the characters should be! Help please!)
Likes: Being dramatic, breezes, loud music, being with friends, birds.
Dislikes: The heat, silence, the colour grey, liars, spicy food.
Hobbies: Singing, drama, planking.
Appearance:
View attachment 17170

I'd say we should be 16 to 18. The main thing with her being Japanese is that she won't stand out as much and probably already knows Japanese, taking away some of the "fish out of water" aspect of this roleplay. Just a suggestion, but how about she was born in America so isn't really fluent in Japanese even though some of the people we come across would assume that she does?

I'd say we should be 16 to 18. The main thing with her being Japanese is that she won't stand out as much and probably already knows Japanese, taking away some of the "fish out of water" aspect of this roleplay. Just a suggestion, but how about she was born in America so isn't really fluent in Japanese even though some of the people we come across would assume that she does?

All right, i'll edit it now! Can she be European though?

Okay, i've updated her! Anything else to add?

Should I get a thread ready for discussion first or should we start things off by just jumping into the actual roleplay? I'll get it ready tomorrow unless something unexpected happens.

Should I get a thread ready for discussion first or should we start things off by just jumping into the actual roleplay? I'll get it ready tomorrow unless something unexpected happens.
I don't mind discussing a little, but i'd prefer to jump in!

I'll get the thread out first and then get another thread for discussion afterwards. Until then we can use PM's or this thread to communicate.

I'm having a writers block right now, but I'm working on the post. I'm having it where we're on a tour of Kyoto with an english speaking tour guide, but my character gets lost at some shrine and accidentally stumbles into the portal that takes me back in time. Maybe your character can follow him in, wondering if he's lost and where he went, or you can come up with your own reason.

I'm having a writers block right now, but I'm working on the post. I'm having it where we're on a tour of Kyoto with an english speaking tour guide, but my character gets lost at some shrine and accidentally stumbles into the portal that takes me back in time. Maybe your character can follow him in, wondering if he's lost and where he went, or you can come up with your own reason.
Maybe I could find out my ancestor was Japanese, so decided to visit the shrine he was buried by, and I felt this was important as I don't have a family as an orphan. And that is the shrine with the portal in.
Or perhaps im on a trip with my friends, but get lost and separated from them, when I find the portal.
Or I could even be in Kyoto to get away from home problems, when my character turns out to be all pedo-like and stalks your character into the portal.
Or I could just be on the tour with you, then trying to find your character when they go missing.

Which do you think?

If you go with the first option, mine could still be lost, but then notice your girl and run up to ask for directions, only to see you vanish. He doesn't suspect magic, but does wonder where you went and looks too far into the shrine and gets teleported as well. The stalking could also be interesting. For the intro I think we should go with the first one.

If you go with the first option, mine could still be lost, but then notice your girl and run up to ask for directions, only to see you vanish. He doesn't suspect magic, but does wonder where you went and looks too far into the shrine and gets teleported as well. The stalking could also be interesting. For the intro I think we should go with the first one.
Okay then, we can go with the orphan visiting discovered ancestor one! So yeah, i'll vanish while you ask for directions, then you teleport too, and BAM we're in the past! And I can stalk somebody later on if needed...hehehe....

How about we teleport to your ancestor's house when you whisper his name deep in thought (or something like that) and he will take care of us while we're in Japan even though we cannot understand him? And yes, being in the same house will make your stalking of him easier. He's kind of oblivious anyways. lol

I'm almost getting ready to post. Maybe around 10 minutes if I keep up the pace. I got out of my writers block, thanks to your help.

How about we teleport to your ancestor's house when you whisper his name deep in thought (or something like that) and he will take care of us while we're in Japan even though we cannot understand him? And yes, being in the same house will make your stalking of him easier. He's kind of oblivious anyways. lol
That sounds cool! It might be a certain time of year where magic things happen at the shrine, and our powerful thoughts ignite a portal to the past. And somebody else could always play my ancestor if they wanted.
So my character's now a stalker...