Modern characters into a fantasy world? (world discussion?)

Stormi

Edgeknight
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
  4. Intermediate
  5. Adept
  6. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. Agender
  6. Futanari
  7. Primarily Prefer Male
  8. Primarily Prefer Female
  9. Primarily Nonbinary
  10. No Preferences
Genres
Pretty much anything
So basically I'm interested in doing an in another world rp, more specifically characters from our world. I have nothing of the type of world or what sort of story, but I would be willing to collaborate with another to make a world in which we can enjoy.

This sounds like it could be either very fun or very confusing depending on where they end up. There's so many options out there when it comes to fantasy and even more when it comes to actually plotting things out in these types of settings.

Are you thinking reincarnation or transmigration though? Just curious.

This sounds like it could be either very fun or very confusing depending on where they end up. There's so many options out there when it comes to fantasy and even more when it comes to actually plotting things out in these types of settings.

Are you thinking reincarnation or transmigration though? Just curious.
I was thinking where they just kind of show up in their modern wear and all. The reincarnation also sounds like it could be fun too though.

Reactions: Iceydaze
Sounds interesting. Will our character be some chosen band of heroes.

Reincarnation is my preferred variation depending on how things are played out, since it does allow for characters to have more customization and stuff since they're permitted to be one of many races adapted to the world.

Plopping in as they are does serve one interesting disadvantage. The former gives players time to grow from kiddos and gain knowledge of the world in childhood, while this factor here has them needing the learn as fast as they can.

Well, whichever route you pick, I'm keeping tabs.

I need to get back into the swing of things, and this sounds like the perfect roleplay idea to do so.

I do agree with Crow, depending on the world. If it's a fantasy world with magical beasts and races it would be a bit more interesting if they were either reincarnated as, or plopped into the bodies of various peoples. It would allow for more creativity with the characters, and if you chose to plop them into the bodies of fully grown people, it would still have the overall feel of getting used to a new world, with the added bonus of getting used to a new body as well.
If it's more of a low-fantasy setting, without elves and dwarves and such, it would actually make more sense to just plop the modern characters into the world, would be rather humorous seeing them panic about their phones not working while the locals are panicking that strange wizards are trying to destroy everything with a malfunctioning magical glowing tablet.

Reactions: Iceydaze
Not in the market for a new rp, but I'm just tossing the here for a second option for ya, since I GMed a storyline with a similar concept on another site once upon a time. The basic gist was the overthrown ruler of a fantasy world, now suffering under the reign of a tyrannical madman, called upon an ancient prophecy, sacrificing themself to bring to their world heroes from another.

The players were given the option of two characters, one being a human from earth who wakes to find themselves transplanted in the fantasy realm, the second one a being from the fantasy realm. What made it fun was the characters from earth were granted magic that tied in to their early skills and personalities... But because they never used magic, they had to be trained before they could be of use. It started everyone out on a decently even playing ground, and allowed for some really great interactions.

Anywho. Cheers!!

Hmm, I'm gonna take a day or two to process the info to make a proper signup if anyone wants to co gm letmekn0ow.

Hmm, I'm gonna take a day or two to process the info to make a proper signup if anyone wants to co gm letmekn0ow.

If Co-GMing encompasses worldbuilding and the like I'm game.

Not too good with deeper political intricacies though. More of a wilderness and basic civilization level kind of guy in terms of details.

Oooh! Oooh! If it's a transmigration into a magical world type then I'm probably in.
Just wondering if there are any requirements regarding style, formatting, and length?

Oh my it sounds delightful. I would love to be part of this rp.

I'm curious about the details, but I'm in should you go transmigration!

Oh wow, I'm surprised so many people are interested, it might be a few days before I post a signups thread

Interested/Curious of what version you'll come up of this :o

All my 1x1s are not working out. I guess I should try a group RP. This definately sounds interesting. Count me in! We planning on having a discord ooc?

So coming up with a sign ups is taking longer than expected, please bear with me.

Reactions: MagnoliaSweet
I'm gonna have to throw my interest into this.