2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Looking for 1-2 Co-GM's!

image.jpeg

I've been meaning to launch this for quite some time but I always wound up scrapping the idea for some thing else. Now, however, I feel that I've gotten a good start for something that can become a fun and engaging story for all of us to tell.

What I imagined was a world where every Sonic character is actually a human (technically Neko-like humans, to be exact) rather then their typical anthropomorphic animal form. Basically, they're a Gjinka of our favourite characters.

In this RP you'll be allowed to play as a member of one or two sides; "Team Light" (the heroes trying to save the day), or "Team Dark" (the villains trying to conquer/destroy the world). You can also pick up to 2 characters to play (both light, both dark, or one on each side).

Now, onto a very particular subject; characters. You can chose to play a variety of characters from both the Sonic games and additional media (ex. Comics), ranging from our beloved heroes, (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles), to the dastardly villains (Dr. Robotnik/Eggman, Metal Sonic, The Deadly Six), to the lovable side characters (Amy, Team Chaotix, Blaze) to characters that nobody really talks about anymore (Princess Elise, Big, Mighty, etc). Certain characters will be forced to stick to one side (ex. Cream can't be a villain, so she's stuck on Team Light), but some characters can switch sides during the RP (ex. Shadow can start out a villain like he did in SA2, but then join the heroes later on). During some 'Final Hazard' events (the last part of a given chapter), the characters, no matter their side, will be forced to work together in order to accomplish a similar goal (ex. Not all dying in a big fiery explosion).

image.jpeg

Since there's so many characters that could potentially be listed, I won't make a list of characters who you can play, but I will make a list of characters you cannot play as (either due to their involvement in major plot threads down the line or simply because they haven't shown up canonically yet in the story). Now, just because these characters aren't available at the time of this post doesn't mean they'll never be available for claim, but it just means that they'll enter the RP as NPCs.

Also noted; You can reverse the genders of characters if you feel like it ^^ (ex. Femme Tails)

Here's the list;

* Shadow (he's coming in Chapter 2/3, so don't worry; you can claim him soon)
* Mephiles the Dark
* Chaos
* Imperator Ix (or any member of the Nocturnus Tribe)
* Tikal (for now)
* Metal Sonic/Any Robotic Counterparts (Metal Knuckles, Tails Doll)
* Any Super Forms (they will NEVER be allowed for casual use, only when certain circumstances are met ICly)
* Silver/Blaze/Anyone from the Future/Alternate Dimensions (at least for Chapters 1&2)
* Animalistic Mobians (ex. Canon forms of Sonic and Crew)
* ANY 'Classic' Forms
* Any OC's (unless they have a human equivalent image, then they won't be allowed in. Generally I don't want people using OC's in this as we're essentially re-creating the characters from scratch anyways, but if you can convince me otherwise then by all means)

I have an altered backstory to the world and general structure of how things would work now that the characters aren't animals. This backstory concerns details like the story of the Ancient Animal Tribes (the Echidna Tribe and other-like ancient tribes who controlled the seven Chaos Emeralds) and a few other minor details like what the Mobians are exactly (in ancient times they evolved from animals into their more 'human' forms thanks to the power of the Chaos Emeralds, but due to this evolution they lost many of the previous abilities their ancestors possessed, such as flight for avian animals).

However, there is a way ICly to get these evolutionary traits back (as well as unlock additional abilities), one must locate one/all of the Chaos Emeralds (or the Master Emerald). Basically, the Chaos energy activates a dormant gene (think X-Men mutation) that allows Mobians to acquire new and extraordinary abilities that few possess.

I should also mention that Super forms won't play a large part in the chapters (usually only appearing at the end/at the beginning to kickstart that chapters plot), and I have a system in place for how we'd decide who gets to go "Super" so it isn't just the same three people over and over again.

image.jpeg

I should also mention that by the beginning of the RP, Angel Island (and by extension, the Emeralds) are presumed to be long-since lost based on the legends that one day, the island disappeared after the God, Chaos, assumed it's perfect form and wrought it's vengeance upon the Echidna tribe for their abuse of the Emeralds power.

Getting more into the aesthetic portions of the RP, I plan to run this in "Chapters". Each chapter would be its own thread and would contain a particular story arc (ex. The MC's acquiring their powers, Dr. Robotnik/Eggman's descent into madness and subsequent rise of the Eggman Empire, and various other stories inspired by the plot of the games/comics, but given their own twist). At the end of each chapter, there will be a 'Final Hazard' moment; this can range from being a climactic final showdown between both teams (which, based on a system that has yet to be decided upon, will determine who emerges as the victor for that chapter), a final fight between both teams and a larger threat (Perfect Chaos, Dark Gaia, etc), or even just a final decision that will determine the ending of the chapter (ex. Both Sonic and Shadow are stuck on a submarine that's sinking. Both teams have to decide if they go back to save their comrade(s), or to leave them behind to their fate to pursue the other team). Based on these decisions, the final outcome of that chapter's plot will be determined. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and other times, nobody wins.

This is going to be a very plot-driven RP, so action/fight scenes will be shortened so the plot can advance at a steady pace (think something like Final Fantasy; story and character development followed by a brief fight followed by more story and character development).

As stated at the top of the thread, I'm also looking for somebody (or two) to join up as a Co-GM so we can keep things running smoothly between both teams and make sure that everything is managed as best as possible. Since I will be taking the role of the Blue Blur himself (Sonic), I'd hope for one of my Co-GM's to take on a role within Team Dark (my initial thought was Dr. Robotnik/Eggman so we'd both be the leaders of our respective teams and consult with one another on plot so we both know where we want things to go, but if you'd prefer a different character on Team Dark then that works as well, we'd just have to make sure that we can work around it).

For reference, the first chapter will involve introducing the characters and the discovery of Angel Island after so long (to anyone who wants to play Knuckles, this is your big chapter buddy :3), which eventually leads to the formation of the Dark/Light teams (Dr. Robotnik/Eggman wasn't always a villain and Sonic wasn't always a hero). All in all, it'll be a good way to get a feel for how we all interact with one another and allow us to build up on themes for the future.

image.png

Anyways, you're probably sick of hearing me blab on and on about this RP, so I'll end it here so you guys can ask me questions about the plot/how you'd want to develop your characters/anything else that comes to mind. Post below if you're interested in joining and/or send me a PM if you're interested in being a Co-GM (I'd expect you're willing to put just as much effort into the RP as I am and are willing to contribute ideas/plot/world concepts during the creation of the OoC/IC threads).

If you want to get in on this, then let me know what character you'd like to claim and I'll make a note of it for the OoC/Sign-Ups!

Last edited:
Reactions: RafaDark
Imma be taking Cosmo and a female Charmy.

I gotta claim my boy Tails, of course XD.

Sweet!

Also as a side note, you can tell I'm excited for this when I've already written up the first half of the IC intro post and already completed the CS way before posting this thread :3

We're not ready to start the OoC/make CS's yet, but just wanted to share that side note with you guys :3

Anyways, you got any questions/comments for me? @AHeartlessNobody, @J u s t i n ✖ A h o l i c, @RafaDark?

I should note we'll be accepting up to 7-8 people (plenty of characters, especially if some people decide to play 2 of them at a time), but we can open up those slots if this gains a fair amount of traction ^^

Oh I do have a question. Not sure if it can be answered at the moment with everything still being worked out, but I figured I'd throw it out there. Concerning Shadow's back story, how would we do Maria? Would she still be a part of his past, or would she be scrapped from his backstory?

Oh I do have a question. Not sure if it can be answered at the moment with everything still being worked out, but I figured I'd throw it out there. Concerning Shadow's back story, how would we do Maria? Would she still be a part of his past, or would she be scrapped from his backstory?

No she'd still be a part of his story, but instead of him being an artificially grown hedgehog, he'd be an artificially grown Mobian (of Hedgehog descent :3).

Much of his backstory as presented in both SA2 and ShTH (Shadow the Hedgehog) will also be present in this RP, but that's really not gonna be looked into further until he's introduced (the way I've got it planned, we won't be seeing Mr. The 'Edge'hog until at least Chapter 4-5).

Oh okay xD And Maria would have still been a human before she died, correct?

I know he won't be here until much later but I just wanted to go ahead and ask haha.

Yep! Human all the way ^^

Reactions: AHeartlessNobody
Oh pibbs I'll get back to your pm after work. Sorry.

I love the Sonic series but never thought of doing a RP for it. This is awesome!

If it's okay, I would like in. Please? I'd really like to play Espio xD

• Love
Reactions: AHeartlessNobody
I love the Sonic series but never thought of doing a RP for it. This is awesome!

If it's okay, I would like in. Please? I'd really like to play Espio xD

Sure thing! ^^

Well that's 2/3's of Team Chaotix filled (unless you wanna count Mighty, in which case that makes 1/2 of the roster :3)

And here I was worried I'd be the only one to play someone from Team Chaotic! X3 Good to see Charmy won't be lonesome haha.

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
Same goes for Dr. Robotnik xD

We need guys on Team Dark, there's only one thus far xD

@RafaDark ^^

He's planning to play one of Robotnik's abandoned military projects

Still looking for players, we need to fill up Team Dark with some members ^^

I'm interested. I could even play on Team Dark if Jet the hawk would be a fine character.

I can see Jet potentially becoming a villain, sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.