Mobile City Arcadia and The God Machines

James chuckled "Eat, sleep, Drink, breath." he said and started to click towards a exit. "I need non of the above. What I am is....complex." he said and turned to look at them. "I saved a map of the lower city to my databanks, the canteen is this way." he said and got to one of the doors and paused. "Ah....I don't have the pass codes." he said and then shrugged, several Mechadendrites slid out and pushed in to the verious cracks of the control pannel, there was a soft clicking noise emanating from the speaker as if he was clicking his tongue in concentration. after a few seonds the door slid open, the mechanical limbs retracting away.
"I....We, My God Machine and I were Severely damaged during a fight with a Nightmare, I limped home and they entombed me in this. I live, and dream at the same time, The real world itself is a dream to me, taste, touch, sound smell. all as if I am dreaming them, far away and right here. Yet I see, feel, taste, smell more than any human ever could," he said and then continued down the coridor. "But I hear the call of Augmenautus Rex stronger than ever. and driving her is like.....being her, I am not a pilot, I am a beast of brass and fire, of anger and destruction. my limbs are claws, my mouth is a cannon, my legs are numberless, and I have a tail." He said and the entire pod shook itself as if he was clearing his head. "I can do things most people could only dream off, For example I could touch your cheek and tell you your hight, physical age, any underlying health issues, and if you were to hot or to cold." He said and then the twitching smile crossed his face. "I can see if you have any broken bones, any lung or heart problems, or if your in to that sort of thing what colour of undies your wearing." he said and laughed. "Not that I really have any capability to use that information any more!" He said as he walked in to the canteen. he seemed happy to talk about his situation, possibly because it made him feel more human, or possibly because it made him less concerned that his team-mates would judge him as less than them.

Alme got up, listening to James describe his situation. She did find hearing about strange situations interesting, as it allowed her to gain a larger knowledge of thew wider world,such as their healing and preservation methods in this one case. It wasn't really a rivalry she had begun with Naomi, but at the time was slightly irritated by the confident tone and use of language by Naomi, so she showed a little amount of distaste in her reply, knowing full well that others may see it as a rivalry. She thought of ways that all three of their close combat pilots could work together as she oput her hands in her pockets, waiting for the rest to head to the canteen so that she could follow close behind.

Katrina nodded to his explanation. It was quite a powerful machine in its own right. She was impressed with it, until James made a more crude joke. A slight frown crossed her face, though he was right. It's not like that information would be very useful. "Indeed. I'd still rather you didn't check for that kind of thing," she said to him, a bit of annoyance in her voice. She walked in to the canteen with the rest of the team.
"Ever been here before? What do they serve?" she asked, visiting for the first time. She didn't want to end up with some junk for food.

Naomi walked behind the others with her hands held neatly behind her back. She remained quite for a while after her introduction, preferring to observe a little and take a few notes of the others as they'd speak and interact. Of course this wasn't for malicious reasons but merely to better establish herself and how to interact with the group. From Alma she notes a slight uncertainty from her in how she'd presented herself, perhaps there was something there that she'd need to breach through time. In any case she was sure they all as a group would come together in the end if nothing else. "Arcadia is known for their uses of herbs and spices, specifically with white meats such as chicken and fish" she said openly with a small smile towards Katrina. "If your vegetarian, they're also known for their noodle broth" she finished as they would soon approach their destination. She thought more on James condition and what he's said about it, taking a mental note to ask him more about it when they had the time. It was interesting for sure, though it was still not a condition she'd prefer for herself.

Naomi walked behind the others with her hands held neatly behind her back. She remained quite for a while after her introduction, preferring to observe a little and take a few notes of the others as they'd speak and interact. Of course this wasn't for malicious reasons but merely to better establish herself and how to interact with the group. From Alma she notes a slight uncertainty from her in how she'd presented herself, perhaps there was something there that she'd need to breach through time. In any case she was sure they all as a group would come together in the end if nothing else. "Arcadia is known for their uses of herbs and spices, specifically with white meats such as chicken and fish" she said openly with a small smile towards Katrina. "If your vegetarian, they're also known for their noodle broth" she finished as they would soon approach their destination. She thought more on James condition and what he's said about it, taking a mental note to ask him more about it when they had the time. It was interesting for sure, though it was still not a condition she'd prefer for herself.
Katrina nodded to her gratefully. "Thank you for the suggestion," she thanked Naomi. She liked her attitude, it'd make it easy to get along as a team with someone like her around. There had to be at least one helpful type. Despite this, Katrina's facial expression didn't really shift, remaining almost completely neutral. She started to move to get some fish. "What do you plan to get yourself?" she turned to ask Naomi. She was curious as to what her informer would pick for herself. Besides, she'd need to try to talk more if they wanted to work as a strong team together.

Marty and Oliver where two mechanics in the machine bay. each of them had b en working with eachother for about eight years. today they where up on cable lines installing hooks on the inside ceiling just by the entrance to the machine bay.

'oye Olly, what have you heard about why wee need this big arse hooks in here?" Marty asked.

Oliver chuckled a little, moving his toothpick to the other side of his mouth and resting his upper row of teeth on his bottom lip for a moment.

"Well what you think? with all these new God machines coming in, one of them must need these hooks for something. maybe faster deployment." he shrugged.

Just then, the radio on his hip exploded with a mechanical voice of a woman.

"Mechanic unit 12, this is Repair dispatch, you copy?"

Oliver groaned and put away his welder into his tool-belt. "Aye we copy." he growled back." ..oo OVER."

"The God Machine requiring those hooks is approaching Arcadia. ETA, less than three minutes boys. hurry up and get out of there."

Needless to say Oliver and Marty never welded so fast in their lives.

-----------------

Alexandr sat in the seat of his god machine. ROyal decree. the sound of waterfalls surrounding him as the chain mechanisms throughout the white duke clanked and rocked back and forth. The Decree moved across the wasteland from the more forward cities towards Arcadia in the back, it's foot-jet motors skidding it across the sand and dust at a leisurely pace.

"Think ye not we travel too slowly?" came the whisper from around him amongst the chatter of chains.

"Wisdom, Royal... but the cities move at a good clip forward, and we at a good click backwards. why heat up our motors when the cities can do half the work? I don't recall a time constraint on the mercenary needs of the backmost city." he stated, stroking his goatee thoughtfully.

Alexandr reached into his armpit and adjusted his gun, fiddling with some of the harnesses on his thigh, just to check his gear out.the 45 year old pilot took a swig from a water canteen and sighed.

"ah here we are. ARcadia." Alexandr smiled, looking into the outward camera's on his many HUD screens, each one coming down from the low ceiling by chain and piston driven arms.

The white and sand yellow God machine shone like a dull pearl int eh wastelands as it approached.

---------

The Docking bay came alive with the clanking of metal. the four ceiling mounted hooks freshly welded and bolted down where grabbed by pointed tipped chains as a clatter of metal on metal filled the other pilots ears.

The ROyal Decree was NOT silent by any means.

the machine appeared through the bay doors, winches wirring like crazy as the white-hot plasma fueled chains slurped it up into the bay, where it flexed its arms, unhinging the chains. The heavy class god Machine turned its head in both directions, settling on the spot directly beside the entrance to the right of it, backing up elegantly and folding its arms behind its back, legs spread slightly as a military man would line up for inspection. With a dull thumping all of its joints let out a spray of hot steam and smoke.

"low power mode active, Have yourself a god nap, My ROyal Decree." he said, hoisting himself to his feet and walking down the eight tall stairs from his pilot chair to the exit bay.

Eight panels of metal unhinged and spread away, a single chain with a foot loop popped up and Alexandr Credo lowered with a gentle cling of metal to the machine bay floor.

"oop, Hold that door, aye?!" he yelled with half a smile, walking swiftly towards the group.

James waved a Mechadendrite to show he understood and let the others walk ahead as he waited for the newcomer to catch up. "Your late." He stated as he projected a holographic clock against the wall, showing the time. "The dust storm is due to arrive in under 5 minutes, and you know standard action ceases 7 minutes before a dust storm." He said before flicking the holographic clock off and the half flicker of a smile blinking across his face before he spoke again. "I'm James, I'm the Pilot of Augmenautus Rex, the big brass scorpion beasty over there." He said flicking on a small torch and using it as a pointer before starting to walk agian, the spider like legs clicking as he did so after a few meters of dodging people the entire rig rotated so that the legs were walking him along the roof, however the tank that held him stayed upright, as if on gimbals. "I apologize for not shaking hands, but doing so would be very difficult for me. and rather unpleasant for yourself." He said and called out to the others. "Left at the next intersection if you please!"

Katrina turned as another man came yelling at the group. As requested, the door was held for him. "Who are you? I am Katrina Ekov. Sniper," she introduced herself. Unlike James, she could shake his hand, but didn't bother to extend her arm, figuring he could just merge in with the group. Otherwise everyone would have to go and shake his hand, and that'd be a bit of a pain for everyone. She continued walking along with the group, taking a left when James called for it. For now, she figured the others could handle speaking with him, aside from some introductions. They needed to be able to communicate with each other if they wanted to be a team, after all. She didn't know what his strengths were, but surely they would find out shortly, once they had some food.

The burly man ticked his knuckles against the can. rather gently for such a brawny man. "aye, did they put enough rivets in your tank James? who put you back together, VIktor frankenschtein?" he chuckled.

"Duke Alexandr, frontlines man." he winked at Katrina.

He surely was a bold sort of man, walking behind the motley bunch of pilots as they all made their way to.. well wherever it was. truth be told, he didn't really care.