MLP FIM: For ponies and their friends. [Setup Thread

Well, Honestly speaking.... I prefer not.

I have nothing specifically against them.

But Somethings have given me the Impression that you simply don't just become an Alicorn without Very good reason. I wouldn't say anything about a crystal pony or something. But Even if only as strong as a Normal Unicorn, its kinda the pont that they cannot do everything.... However, I guess it would be possible for a Unicorn that have a bit of skill in magic to grant temporary wings like Twilight did once.

Ah so you would only alicorns only if they have a good reason why they even exist and have flaws?

So far in the story all Alicorns are princesses.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Well, the moment Twilight became an alicorn, she became a princess, so... I guess that kinda is the thing they do/have in that universe?
And personally (always follow the GM's words, not mine, I'm just musing out loud) I think the series decided there are only 4 alicorns in the entirety of Equestria. Otherwise the baddie of the Season 4 ending would have gone after them too in order to be able to obtain all the power of Equestria. Right?
Anyway, just musing out loud, don't mind me ^^ the GM'll know what can or can't be done in this RP ^^

As I said it might be a bit much to add Alicorns for the sake of the normal story.

Well There might actually pop one Later, But That Alicorn Do have very legit reasons for doing so xD.

But Twilight could, with magic add temorary wings (That melted in the sun...) to someone.

And yes, I think Alicorns and princessess are connected Due to the poin tthat they have the Traits of all the other Ponies, Pegasus wings, Unicorn magic and Earth pony... Well looks. As saying strength is unconfirmed but anyhow.

The only other reason I can come up with for "Another" Alicorn to actually be in Equestria however, would be that is one from far away. Perhaps one from another land entirely as it would be odd if Equestria is the only land of ponies and where the only princessess-ess would be.Lets put it up for discussion and see everyones opinion about it.

The only other reason I can come up with for "Another" Alicorn to actually be in Equestria however, would be that is one from far away. Perhaps one from another land entirely as it would be odd if Equestria is the only land of ponies and where the only princessess-ess would be.Lets put it up for discussion and see everyones opinion about it.

I immediately thought of the Queens/Kings/Deities of Eastern lands. They'll look a little different from the usual Alicorns.

@Olissa Did we RP before....? In a mythology RP..... ages ago......... You seem familiar.....

Name: Sleepy-time/ Nightmare
Appearance: Sleepy-time is white with a black horse made of dust and nightmare is black with a white horse made of dust both form a yin- yang symbol
Race: unicorn
Age Category: teenager
Abilities: sleepy-time uses sleep based magic for good dreams and nightmare causes bad dreams
About: Sleepy-time and nightmare are twins and yet opposite both loving to sleep and magic they accidentally put their parents to sleep for ten months
Other: after a slight magic mishap sleepy-time and nightmare were merged into one being and depending on the situation is the dominance switches between the two

I immediately thought of the Queens/Kings/Deities of Eastern lands. They'll look a little different from the usual Alicorns.
Perhaps a winged Zebra who use voodo type magic xD...

That would actually be quite cool.

@Killroy

I'm not sure about that, Considering that Luna already exist as the Princess of the Night. Entering peoples dreams and all even if she usually helps ponies. I guess she dosen't cause dreams... which also makes things a bit trouble some.

I also try to avoid having too powerful characters, mostly because this Roleplay build on the Friendship theme.

I am still doubting that having a fox the size of a mouse that can suddenly Expand to be bigger than a train cart would be beneficial for the adventure part of the story.

Its much harder to give rise to trouble if there's a too easy counter.
With that I mean, is if they per example would be attacked by Kobolds (The Dog things) I do not with the characters to simply put them to sleep or Become ten times the opponents size and fight em off.

I'm sorry if I sound picky and all that. But I do not wish to stray from the original theme too much xD And with powerful-ish characters to deal with things may turn a bit strange quick.

I am still doubting that having a fox the size of a mouse that can suddenly Expand to be bigger than a train cart would be beneficial for the adventure part of the story.

I was initially thinking of Kuda using that form for transport and flight during the adventure part of the story. Since Earth Ponies and Unicorns can't fly and all.

Like you said, more fun less fight, so Kuda will use it more for transport than a fight.

Yeah that would be somewhat more agreeable.

^^

Also I wouldn't mind Kuda being as big as a Normal fox really. Or a smaller one, Would probably help if characters didn't quite have to worry so much about where they put their hooves around him xD.

Even if we could make it a running gag over people never seem to locate Kuda when he start a conversation. Other characters beign all "Whats talking... and who?... is this a joke?"

Well, that could work. Running gags verk too.

I mentioned that Kuda has a wife and an egg. Maybe I'll make a seperate app for his wife, perhaps make her a different variety of Supernatural Fox.

@EternalMusic we both were in a group called Olympus High School, I played Persephone, I believe you submitted a character sheet for Aphrodite. The roleplay never took off, so it died really soon.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Yeah ^^ Its also quite funny that an fox lays eggs.

Yeah, mythical mammals do that sometimes... plus I didn't want her to be in labour.

Name:
Shuu

Appearance:
latest

She is about the size of a regular fox

Race:
She calls herself an 'Inarigitsune', even though she looks like a regular fox.

Age Category:
Adult

Abilities:
She is capable of levitation.
She can manipulate clouds the same way pegasi do, except she seems to move them via some form of telekinesis if she is near the clouds, instead of using her strength. She is also imbued with lightning and hail within her body, which she can use in order to supply clouds with what they are lacking, or even act like a cloud.

About:
Back in her home, her race were akin to Pegasi - the ones who managed the weather in the Kitsune Valley. Shuu was married to Kuda, a smaller fox and a researcher who travelled the East. She followed her husband to the Western lands of Equestria, where he caused quite a ruckus, which was later resolved when she realised that Ponyville was more accepting of outsiders than the Eastern lands.

Other:
She might perform pegasus-based responsibilities on occasion, especially important rituals such as bringing water up to the Cloudsdale.​

Hm sorry, guess I don't have as much time on my hands to roleplay as I thought.
I'll make sure to keep an eye on this RP, but for now I'm going to postpone posting Sapphire Aurora :)

And... so We basically replace ponies with foxes xD...

As long as they don't replace like 10 ponies each.

Somewhat overcoming ground obstacles became a lot easier if everone just fly on foxes... xD

@Olissa And aww, You who actually had a Pony that was not Super imba special xD

In general, it is advised to not make a super special pony and let the personality and talent be what makes the pony unique. After all, the majority of Equestria consists of normal ponies/pegasi/unicorns. Read plenty of tips, do's and don'ts before I made Sapphire originally ^^
But yeah, it would be a bummer to make a character and then end up not even being able to post. So I'll stick around in the background, and jump in when I have the time ^^